Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Even better is when a "great draft team" makes a terrible pick so we get to watch the pundits reach wildly into their asses to pull out a reason why that was a next level move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Even better is when a "great draft team" makes a terrible pick so we get to watch the pundits reach wildly into their asses to pull out a reason why that was a next level move.

just wait until next year when the Patriots select QB of the Future Gary Nova

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

axeil posted:

I have been trying to do my part to watch the Wizards since holy poo poo the Wizards are in the playoffs and aren't sucking.

*looks at av*

...explain

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let me tell you why Bill Belichick knows something about Tavon Wilson that no one else does.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Intruder posted:

I can understand why people don't like baseball even though it's my favorite sport. I can understand why people don't like football even though it's great

I will never ever ever understand why someone wouldn't like basketball
Only the last 5 minutes matter.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ozu posted:

Let me tell you why Bill Belichick knows something about Tavon Wilson that no one else does.

Its because he's been stalking anyone he'd remotely be interested in having on the team for the entire off season.

Which would earn him some sort of fantastic Gruden-ism, I imagine.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Josh Lyman posted:

This isn't true at all, it's like saying that if an NFL game comes down to a two minute drill then only those two minutes matter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Josh Lyman posted:

This is no more true in basketball than in, like, any other sport.

Which is to say that it is dumb and not true at all because the whole game matters.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

yeah it'd be a better game if they didn't reset the scores to 0 near the end.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If anyone watched the first round of the NBA Playoffs and said "only the last 5 minutes matter" then they probably are not legitimate sports fans, I mean I don't want to lay that gauntlet down so harshly but it's a fact

This has been the most baller playoffs I've ever seen, except for the Heat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

basketball would be way better if it were more like Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball

gently caress I can't even say that ironically, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is fuckin terrible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Football would be better if it were more like Mutant League Football

Are you waiting for me to rescind that? It would own

e: re basketball, saying the last five minutes are all that matters is essentially saying you only care about the outcome of the game and not the sick plays that happen every couple minutes or more, so might as well just look it up after it's over in that case

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

commy gun posted:

*looks at av*

...explain

I live in DC. I never really liked basketball/hockey but when I moved here my roommate was a big Wizards and Caps fan so I adopted them. Phillies/Eagles/Wizards/Capitals is a very weird mix. I like the Nats too.

I get a lot of stares at Nats/Phillies games with my Phillies jersey and Nats hat or Nats shirt and Phillies hat.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 8, 2014

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

why watch the entirety of any sports game when you can watch the highlights and save like 4 hours of your life

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My only issue with the NBA is I don't have a team to root for now. I was a heat fan during the Tim Hardaway/Alonzo Mourning era but that would just feel gross now. Kevin Durant is awesome but I feel bad for Seattle. Pacers are cool but gently caress Indiana.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Football would be better if it were more like Mutant League Football

Are you waiting for me to rescind that? It would own

e: re basketball, saying the last five minutes are all that matters is essentially saying you only care about the outcome of the game, so might as well just look it up after it's over in that case

Now if we were talking baseball, Base Wars is essentially the absolute peak of all baseball media ever

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was a heat fan during the Tim Hardaway/Alonzo Mourning era but that would just feel gross now.

It was significantly more gross to be a Heat fan back then because that is the least fun team in the history of basketball.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Alouicious posted:

Now if we were talking baseball, Base Wars is essentially the absolute peak of all baseball media ever

Correct.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

I get a lot of stares at Nats/Phillies games with my Phillies jersey and Nats hat or Nats shirt and Phillies hat.

I like to imagine that if you went with a Flyers jersey and Caps hat everyone would just understand that you hate winning.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Intruder posted:

e: re basketball, saying the last five minutes are all that matters is essentially saying you only care about the outcome of the game and not the sick plays that happen every couple minutes or more, so might as well just look it up after it's over in that case
It probably would've spared you agony over the past week at least

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm partial to Baseball Simulator 1.000 myself

Quest For Glory II posted:

It probably would've spared you agony over the past week at least

:( At least the games were fun to watch even if game 6 left me as deflated as I can ever remember being

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MourningView posted:

It was significantly more gross to be a Heat fan back then because that is the least fun team in the history of basketball.

I just remember those Knicks/Heat playoff games being amazing. Alan Houston was a stone cold killer.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I like to imagine that if you went with a Flyers jersey and Caps hat everyone would just understand that you hate winning.

For maximum hatred of winning I can wear a mid-90s Eagles jersey, Nats cap, Flyers/Capitals goalie mask and Wizards anything.

And my Miami Dolphins ( :confused: ) Starter jacket.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The main thing I remember is JVG clinging to Mourning's leg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

axeil posted:

For maximum hatred of winning I can wear a mid-90s Eagles jersey, Nats cap, Flyers/Capitals goalie mask and Wizards anything.

And my Miami Dolphins ( :confused: ) Starter jacket.

just wear a Northwestern football shirt and get it over with

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alouicious posted:

just wear a Northwestern football shirt and get it over with

My dad's a Penn State fan :gonk:

Joke's on him though because I went to a D3 school where our team got blown out 63-14 all the time :smith: Actually, that's pretty close to Northwestern football isn't it?

edit: My high school team won PA AAAA States my freshman year though, so at least I've got that. Not that I played on the team or anything.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 8, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

axeil posted:

My dad's a Penn State fan :gonk:

Joke's on him though because I went to a D3 school where our team got blown out 63-14 all the time :smith:

well at least you can lord over him that Penn State hasn't had a winning season in over a decade :v:

or something i dunno voided wins joke

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm also missing out on how losing 63-14 every game wouldn't qualify you to wear a Northwestern jersey.

If we're ignoring Iowa games at least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

axeil posted:

Nats cap, Wizards anything.

:smith:

axeil posted:

Penn State

:negative:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I just remember those Knicks/Heat playoff games being amazing.

That is the worst basketball that has ever been played on my god please continue to not watch it your opinions are horrible

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I'm also missing out on how losing 63-14 every game wouldn't qualify you to wear a Northwestern jersey.

If we're ignoring Iowa games at least.

Well we certainly weren't going to win the Big 10. Or any other conference for that matter.

One game we ended up losing a 77-70 shootout though. That was fun. D3 football doesn't really do defense apparently.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MourningView posted:

That is the worst basketball that has ever been played on my god please continue to not watch it your opinions are horrible

Will do :downs:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Alouicious posted:

basketball would be way better if it were more like Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball

gently caress I can't even say that ironically, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is fuckin terrible

It'd be way better if it reverted to the style of play that Bill Laimbeer excelled at tbqh.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

Well we certainly weren't going to win the Big 10. Or any other conference for that matter.

One game we ended up losing a 77-70 shootout though. That was fun. D3 football doesn't really do defense apparently.

I lied, it was 63-50.

http://www.centennial.org/sports/fball/2010-11/stats/1030fbsu.htm

Longest time of possession on a scoring any drive was 5 minutes, 10 seconds :allears:

Basically, you all need to find your nearest D3 school and go to a game sometime. It's hilarious.

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 8, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

axeil posted:

Wizards anything.
Go Wiz Kids.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want to like the wizards but they have the worst name and uniform in the NBA.

Bring back the bullets bitch

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wizards uniforms are pretty cool now

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

axeil posted:

I live in DC. I never really liked basketball/hockey but when I moved here my roommate was a big Wizards and Caps fan so I adopted them. Phillies/Eagles/Wizards/Capitals is a very weird mix. I like the Nats too.

I also am a Wizards/Eagles fan. Growing up in Northern Virginia with parents who both went to PSU is confusing.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Which thread am I in?!?! I'm lost! Help!

Also you teams draft is going to suck. Let's do this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ozu posted:

Remember when some Pats poster tried to gaslight himself into thinking that Tavon Wilson was their 7th round pick and their 7th rounder that had contributed more than expected (I don't even remember who it was specifically) was their third? That was great.

• Locked thread