Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Hollis Brown posted:

Matt Gourley is a genius though, and likely an integral part to the success of the andy daly series. I think PFT's podcast could using some wrangling and once reined in could be great too.

Yeah, at the very least I think improv/comedian characters benefit from having other people in the room to mix things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is the dude who is guest hosting Who Charted right now playing a character or is he actually this neurotic and uncomfortable and strange?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Tacier posted:

Is the dude who is guest hosting Who Charted right now playing a character or is he actually this neurotic and uncomfortable and strange?

a little of both probably but yeah he's a weirdo.

I haven't listened to the episode yet but the last time he was on he told a story and I'm pretty sure he was trying to say that Tom Cruise molested him as a teenager.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

anotherone posted:

a little of both probably but yeah he's a weirdo.

I haven't listened to the episode yet but the last time he was on he told a story and I'm pretty sure he was trying to say that Tom Cruise molested him as a teenager.

Armen told the same awesome story this episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Drunkboxer posted:

The problem is PFTs podcast is already that basically.
PFT doing a 5-minute scene where two or more of his characters have a pre-written conversation is not the same as the 80-minute improv madness of an ADPPP episode. Not even basically.

I mean, I assume you're talking about The Great Undiscovered Project, because he's not even doing characters during the rest of the Tompkast.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 8, 2014

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The best part of the Tompcast was playing parts of his Largo show making fun of 50 year old Dear Abby letters. The Great Undiscovered Project, while having an excellent finale, really dragged in the middle (which PFT also acknowledged.)

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

PFT doing a 5-minute scene where two or more of his characters have a pre-written conversation is not the same as the 80-minute improv madness of an ADPPP episode. Not even basically.

I mean, I assume you're talking about The Great Undiscovered Project, because he's not even doing characters during the rest of the Tompkast.

What I mean is that combined with all their repeated CBB appearances his characters have sort of had a lot of room to be developed, without a dedicated podcast. I'm not saying I wouldn't be excited to listen if e did make one, however.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think James Adomian would work better even though some of his characters have gotten a little overdone. (But Jesse Ventura still cracks me up even though he's been on CBB like 10 times) I would kill for 2 hour podcast pilots of his Tom Leykis and Gordon Ramsay. Russell Crowe on his most recent appearance was hilarious too and there's also Richard Branson who he's never done outside of Sklarbro Country for some reason.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just want Matt Gourley to be on CBB. Oh man I wish I hadn't missed the reddit ama so I could've asked Scott why Matt Gourley hasn't been on CBB yet.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yesterday on the street I started cracking up and laughing uncontrollably when they started doing the Back to the Future riff and it was just too funny. loving hell.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I just want Matt Gourley to be on CBB. Oh man I wish I hadn't missed the reddit ama so I could've asked Scott why Matt Gourley hasn't been on CBB yet.

Well, he was one of PFT's grandmas back in the CDR Radio days.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Beeez posted:

Well, he was one of PFT's grandmas back in the CDR Radio days.

This was a funny rear end episode. I want Gelman back too.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Is Coy coming?

Tuna fished sandwich.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

He did a spontaneous Q&A on Twitter. I asked him, but someone else beat me to it:

@scottaukerman posted:

Would love! RT @Metro_Virus: @ScottAukerman Any chance of @MattGourley coming on to the podcast in the future to do his AMAZING H.R. Giger?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Scott Aukerman þ@ScottAukerman ·2 mins
Would love! RT @Metro_Virus: @ScottAukerman Any chance of @MattGourley coming on to the podcast in the future to do his AMAZING H.R. Giger?

e: beaten

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Gourley said he'd love to be on CBB on that livestream thing the Superego guys did. Someone rt that poo poo to Gourley or w/e I never really got into twitter. I'm more of a tumblr gal. That's probably not something people should admit to outside of tumblr.

This is literally so close to happening. Literally.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Gourley's handle was used in Scott's reply, so he'll see it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Gourley said he'd love to be on CBB on that livestream thing the Superego guys did. Someone rt that poo poo to Gourley or w/e I never really got into twitter. I'm more of a tumblr gal. That's probably not something people should admit to outside of tumblr.

This is literally so close to happening. Literally.

I always thought you were a man. Anyway, Gourley also just said this, which surprises me considering Superego hasn't done any podcasts in over a year or something like that.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

I always thought you were a man. Anyway, Gourley also just said this, which surprises me considering Superego hasn't done any podcasts in over a year or something like that.

They're recording new eps now though. Or so that livestream led me to believe.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Did they ever release all those live shows with PFT and Colin Hanks in any form, or do those only exist in the memories of the people who were there?

Also, Traci Reardon continued her harassment of Scott via the Twitter Q&A. Lauren Lapkus is great.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think James Adomian would work better even though some of his characters have gotten a little overdone. (But Jesse Ventura still cracks me up even though he's been on CBB like 10 times) I would kill for 2 hour podcast pilots of his Tom Leykis and Gordon Ramsay. Russell Crowe on his most recent appearance was hilarious too and there's also Richard Branson who he's never done outside of Sklarbro Country for some reason.
Two hours of his Sherrrrrriff of Nottingham chewing scenery would either be the best or the worst thing, I can't decide which.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

Did they ever release all those live shows with PFT and Colin Hanks in any form, or do those only exist in the memories of the people who were there?

Also, Traci Reardon continued her harassment of Scott via the Twitter Q&A. Lauren Lapkus is great.

They said the live eps still aren't up to their audio quality standards. They haven't abandoned them, I don't think. You can watch the livestream if you want to, they record some sketches and stuff in addition to answering questions. However you will have to find it on your own because I don't even remember the name of the website they did it on!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tnimark posted:

Scott Aukerman þ@ScottAukerman ·2 mins

The lack of Hey, Really Giger on CBB makes me suffering.

I've listened to The Travel Bug all the way through at least half a dozen times now and it has yet to get old. An astoundingly solid hour and a half of comedy.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The lack of Hey, Really Giger on CBB makes me suffering.

I've listened to The Travel Bug all the way through at least half a dozen times now and it has yet to get old. An astoundingly solid hour and a half of comedy.

Yeah that's one of my favorite podcast eps of all time. I was kinda worried at first that Gourley wouldn't be able to keep up with Besser and PFT and Andy Daly, but he really did.

I like the ADPPP eps where they're just loving around like that. When they got into pre-planned segments I kinda tuned out. But I'm in a weird podcast phase right now.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Illinois Smith posted:

Two hours of his Sherrrrrriff of Nottingham chewing scenery would either be the best or the worst thing, I can't decide which.

Here, let me help you out with this:

It'd be the best.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

However you will have to find it on your own because I don't even remember the name of the website they did it on!

here you go. And some of the live Superegos are on their site as pay-for eps.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Aukerman is on the latest Never Not Funny. And while he tells the exact same story about he and Kulap taking a picture with Obama, he also talks about how disappointed his Republican parents are.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

While we're all pitching dream CBB lineups I always thought a campbell/rust bachelor bros & hayes/sean also bachelor bros episode would be off the "chain"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Illinois Smith posted:

One of my favorite moments of busting out laffing is when Sheriff of Nottingham was on last years live CBB tour and shared a scene with Curiosity the rover, so good.

Wait, that was last-last years, drat time flies.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Zsinjeh posted:

One of my favorite moments of busting out laffing is when Sheriff of Nottingham was on last years live CBB tour and shared a scene with Curiosity the rover, so good.

Wait, that was last-last years, drat time flies.

I was there for that! Man that was absurd.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I hate reality shows so I always figured I wouldn't enjoy The Reality Show Show. Now I just started listening and I cannot believe how wrong I was.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Tacier posted:

I hate reality shows so I always figured I wouldn't enjoy The Reality Show Show. Now I just started listening and I cannot believe how wrong I was.

Really should've been the tagline for the show.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

"In about six weeks, a horse is gonna kick me in the brain"

TRSS is fantastic.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I like Hollywood Handbook a lot and before recently re-listening to all of RSS I probably would have said they were just as good as each other, but it's just not true. RSS is the best.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
R.I.P H. R Giger :(

Not sure if this would make Gourley playing him again (on CBB) kinda grim or a hundred times funnier.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
this gives me suffering

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
After one listen, writing a Friggin' Amazing Spider-Man story has leaped into the pantheon of my favorite Hollywood Handbook moments, alongside "(Buzzer Sound)! Wrong" and Teen Pope.

"Often, Gewn Stefani is the prelude to a bigger celebrity."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When Love in the Club started playing I just could not stop laughing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

mr.capps posted:

When Love in the Club started playing I just could not stop laughing.

Me too. I totally believe that if the HH versions of Sean and Hayes existed in real life, all they would listen to is Usher, Pitbull, and Tyrese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
One of my favourite things is when somebody makes Jimmy Pardo laugh and he calls them an idiot.