Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sean10mm posted:

I'd be happy with TE, WR, OL, more DL or S, and nothing from Rutgers, so pretty much this, yeah.

Wait, is there a... Rutgers quarterback out there? :stonklol:

Blitz7x posted:

Tom Savage :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Who needs Sammy Watkins or A Good Player when you can have UNC Tight End That Can't Catch.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Blitz7x posted:

Of course there is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I'm kind of resigned to ending up with Tom Savage. Ideally that doesn't happen until the 4th, and they trade Mallett for some day 3 pick, but I fully expect to not get anything for Mallett and spend one of the two 3rds on Savage.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Who needs Sammy Watkins or A Good Player when you can have UNC Tight End That Can't Catch.

Would you actually have wanted your team to give up next year's first for Watkins?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Would you actually have wanted your team to give up next year's first for Watkins?

gently caress no. The draft didn't go well for the Lions, but they did need a TE who can catch, it's just a shame they wasted all that money on Pettigrew.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Instead of drafting Eric Ebron, yeah.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

I don't buy into the Bengals taking a high round developmental QB to push Dalton. They already have Campbell on the roster and seem to like keeping just two QBs. If they take someone it might be a QB they can stick on the practice squad or something.

But I obviously could be wrong.
I don't think they'd be taking a QB to push Dalton and they've said they'd like 3 on the roster this time around. They're gonna do a QB to try to not pay Dalton.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Blitz7x posted:

Please let this happen.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions have been consistently spending their first pick on players that the fans loathe but turn out to be good. It's the rest of their drafting that needs work.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

but they did need a TE who can catch

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I didn't realize so many of you were this high on Jordan Matthews. I'm hoping he lands in Baltimore in the third.

As a fan of an SEC East team, I'm very high on Jordan Matthews and am hoping the Panthers can grab him. Unless they go WR again in the second round, though, I doubt he'll fall beyond that.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
My coworker was pretty bummed with the Packers, and that Clinton-Dix will top out as a mediocre "AJ Hawk of safeties". I'm a little more optimistic and am happy with the pick.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

There was more awesome drama in that moment than the entire first round.

Nice historical revisionism considering that moment that the entirety of of Texas clenched their collective sphincters the moment the Cowboys pick came up.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Fell asleep before the Packers picked. Surprised Thompson didn't trade the pick for like 15 7th rounders.

Clemson
Mar 24, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

As a fan of an SEC East team, I'm very high on Jordan Matthews and am hoping the Panthers can grab him. Unless they go WR again in the second round, though, I doubt he'll fall beyond that.

I would love to see him in a Panthers Jersey the guy is a leader and one hell of a player.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DOOP posted:

Id rather have Ford or Dennard or Varett than an extra third. Or trade up two spots for Dix. Or anything else really that did not involve reaching for Smith. Where's that SalPal quote?

Smith was an awful pick. Ugh

It was an annoying situation. Apparently Chip/Howie had 6 guys they liked at 22 and they all were gone. Maybe they should've traded up for Clinton-Dix but an extra third round pick in a fairly deep draft isn't too bad. For me it's a hard pick to have strong feelings about.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

bhsman posted:

Nice historical revisionism considering that moment that the entirety of of Texas clenched their collective sphincters the moment the Cowboys pick came up.

I'm not even in Texas and I think I got texts or calls from like 15 different people while they were on the clock because everyone thought they were taking Johnny Football. Mostly to make fun of me, even though I love him and would have been fine with it.

But then nope :(

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Thanks for this. Sounds good to me

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Instead of drafting Eric Ebron, yeah.

That might be a fair point.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I guess the cards traded down with the hope of picking up Dee Ford but oh well. All the defense for the NFC West meat grinder.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MourningView posted:

I'm not even in Texas and I think I got texts or calls from like 15 different people while they were on the clock because everyone thought they were taking Johnny Football. Mostly to make fun of me, even though I love him and would have been fine with it.

But then nope :(

A friend of mine is an Aggie and a huge Cowboys fan AND had a Con Law final to study for, so suffice to say she was freaking the gently caress out during that long wait.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Browns president Alex Scheiner told @darrenrovell that, in 12 hours after Johnny Manziel was selected, team sold more than 1,500 season tix.

Hahaha holy poo poo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hey I'm back! Who is ready for truth bombs about their prospects? I'll drop foamy loads of information on all of your faces

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Doltos posted:

Hey I'm back! Who is ready for truth bombs about their prospects? I'll drop foamy loads of information on all of your faces

Thoughts on Clowney and the Texans missing out on Bridgewater? Whose the best QBs left?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Doltos posted:

Hit me Doltos

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

ME ME ME

I'm wrong about Mosely right? He's Kuechly's long lost twin?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dear Doltos: what are your thoughts on Michael Sam?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Why does Odell Beckham Jr own

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Thoughts on Clowney and the Texans missing out on Bridgewater? Whose the best QBs left?

I wanted them to land Bridgewater really badly but the prospect of the Texans taking another Carr is hilarious. Top QBs left are Carr, McCarron, Mettenberger, Savage, and Garoppolo in that order.

Clowney isn't a can't miss prospect but I sure hope he devastates with Watt. You guys should take Louis Nix next.

Blitz7x posted:

Hit me Doltos

Best possible pick you can make in that situation. Your team is nothing but UDFAs and third day picks, so going BPA no matter what is how you turn a franchise around.

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

Knightmare posted:

My coworker was pretty bummed with the Packers, and that Clinton-Dix will top out as a mediocre "AJ Hawk of safeties". I'm a little more optimistic and am happy with the pick.

A lot of scouts and writers raved about Clinton-Dix though, especially with the responsibility Saban put on him last year. Darren Perry (safeties coach) was also really impressed when he interviewed him, especially in terms of talking through plays on video/the chalkboard, and Thompson himself was pretty pleased with the pick.

FWIW I watched a few of his cutups, he didn't make a ton of big-time impact plays, but with the exception of getting boxed out by Evans in the A&M game (who did that to everybody), and getting beat on a perfectly thrown out-route while playing with inside leverage against OU in the bowl game, he wasn't really tested all that much because his positioning was generally quite good.

He was especially nice on flipping his hips and running with receivers on the post (multiple times against A&M and OU especially) he was able to drive on those routes and prevent the QB from even trying to throw that pass. A safety who could make just that one drat play would have saved about 3 or 4 touchdowns and a host of chunk plays last year for the Packers.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Doltos posted:

How much of a mess did the Jags just make of things? :smith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Real big mess. But come on, you already knew that.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Tell me how much I should hate the Marcus Smith pick

axeil posted:

It was an annoying situation. Apparently Chip/Howie had 6 guys they liked at 22 and they all were gone. Maybe they should've traded up for Clinton-Dix but an extra third round pick in a fairly deep draft isn't too bad. For me it's a hard pick to have strong feelings about.

The Eagles screwed up. No other way to put that. Hopefully Smith will be a good player

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lmao Daltos is our celebrity draft expert now

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

Circus catches, good speed, amazing route tree for a college prospect, can go by ODB, etc.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

xeria posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10? Bortles.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

ME ME ME

I'm wrong about Mosely right? He's Kuechly's long lost twin?

Mosley doesn't play the same as Kuechly. Kind of an odd fit in a 3-4 since he's a little thin, might have trouble covering TEs at the next level. Still had a ton of pass breakups in college and is a sure tackler. Might turn into a weak side ILB.

waah posted:

Dear Doltos: what are your thoughts on Michael Sam?

Generic pass rusher, might be a late second day pick.

Febreeze posted:

I'm not crazy about the pick. Our new OC probably wanted ODB because he's a Greg Jennings type. I think there are so many good WRs in this draft that we reached too early when we could really use help with Aaron Donald or Zack Martin.

xeria posted:

People are overreacting. I had Bortles as my fourth best QB but to each their own. People kinda knew he had to sit anyway so I don't know why it's such a big deal that the Jags came out and said it. Time will tell, I guess.

DOOP posted:

Tell me how much should hate the Marcus Smith pick

It was a reach but I considered Smith the best player on that Louisville defense. Former QB, smart player, plays a little upright and shoves at shoulders. Michael Strahan type. Definitely taken 15 picks too early but if he's the Eagles guy, then he's the Eagles guy. You guys needed pass rush anyway.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

Mosley doesn't play the same as Kuechly. Kind of an odd fit in a 3-4 since he's a little thin, might have trouble covering TEs at the next level. Still had a ton of pass breakups in college and is a sure tackler. Might turn into a weak side ILB.

But we already have Arthur Brown... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
A lot of Viking fans are down on the Barr pick which I think is understandable given how few "raw" players have ever been properly developed in Minnesota. I'm not exactly excited about it myself but I'm going to trust Zimmer at this point considering player development is how he's cut his teeth and got to this point.

Overall, I'm very pleased that they walked away from the first round addressing their two highest needs. I doubt they'll trade back into the 2nd but I sure would love it if they did so for Lee.

• Locked thread