Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Azhais posted:

The things you find on twitter

Ugh :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That looks like something you might see in a still frame from an episode of "King of the Hill".

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Saving this as my desktop background

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alter Ego posted:

That looks like something you might see in a still frame from an episode of "King of the Hill".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7N5tM-LaBo

Dallas hosed up hard by not getting Manziel and making this a reality

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@AdamSchefter 20s
Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditional 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

Welcome home, Stevie.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Beaten. Too bad the 49ers don't play the Pats.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God loving damnit

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Who needs to develop your own wide outs when the AFC is going to trade you all of their good ones.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I hope he can get back on track in SF. I always kinda liked him, Buffalo went a little crazy with that contract but he had some real poo poo QBs to work with over there.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm sort of confused as to the rationale of that move for the Bills.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Dammit I hoped the Browns would trade for him.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Coldforge posted:

Welcome home, Stevie.

This is worse than Hitler's war crimes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This was a bad trade by the Bills. Stevie owns.

2014 1st
2015 1st
Stevie Johnson, 27 years old.

for

Sammy Watkins

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Funk posted:

Rumors have been swirling for months that the Bills were just going to outright cut Stevie. If those were even vaguely accurate this is a good return for someone they were gonna get rid of

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Professor Funk posted:

Have to make room for the new toy.

Honestly, I can't fathom why they'd give him up for a conditional 4th next year. But I'll take him

Looks like his salary is 3.6 million this year, 5.5 the next two. Buffalo ate 11 million. Not bad.

(safe to say Crab or Q is gone next year)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Stevie Johnson for a fourth. The absurd talent of the 49ers FO is quickly becoming infuriating.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

2014 1st
2015 1st

for

Sammy Watkins

Sammy Watkins is arguably way better than Stevie but yeah, that's a loving bad trade.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
gently caress KC plays SF this year, please don't target Eric Berry's knees again you overrated cheap gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy gently caress.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Stevie Johnson for a fourth. The absurd talent of the 49ers FO is quickly becoming infuriating.

Conditional 2015 4th.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ozu posted:

2014 1st
2015 1st

for

Sammy Watkins

Yeah, what the gently caress are they doing and why the gently caress did my team not know about this? :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Coldforge posted:

Conditional 2015 4th.

Conditional in that it can become a third

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Conditional in that it can become a third

Yeah. You didn't have to bring that up.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Have to make room for the new toy.

Honestly, I can't fathom why they'd give him up for a conditional 4th next year. But I'll take him

Looks like his salary is 3.6 million this year, 5.5 the next two. Buffalo ate 11 million. Not bad.

(safe to say Crab or Q is gone next year)

I mean, the rationale for drafting Watkins is clearly "give your young QB more weapons." Given that, I struggle to see the rationale of throwing so many eggs into the Watkins basket and then giving away your #2 receiver for pennies on the dollar. It's just strange.

Also I would do terrible things to have the 49ers FO running the Jets.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Azhais posted:

More misdirection or does Lovie just live giraffe?

If Lovie doesn't love giraffe he done hosed up because he had the chance to draft either of the best two quarterbacks in the draft but instead he chose young Vincent Jackson. I better not hear a Carr or Garappolo called today. :mad:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I knew they were gonna get rid of Stevie but uh, this is terrible. Wonder if they really are gonna use this extra pick to trade back up and go all in this year and YOLO.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You'd think that with Revis back in the division the Bills would want to hold onto Stevie

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cleveland is loving this poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Conditional 2015 4th.

But, like... how?

Is Trent Balke just threatening to beat up people's mothers or something? Why in the gently caress did Baltimore not trade back with San Francisco?!?! WHy WouLD you TaKe a BamA DEFendeR in tHE firSt RoUNd?

Why is this all happening? :cry:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

gently caress KC plays SF this year, please don't target Eric Berry's knees again you overrated cheap gently caress
They somehow always played Buffalo, every single year. So at least they can avoid facing him for 3 years after this season. :shobon:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Honestly Mike Williams is probably better than Stevie Johnson and pair him with Sammy Watkins and you have a nice mix of jump ball possession receiver and speed guy. Plus they have Robert Woods too.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
As someone who now has a vested interest in Buffalo being terrible next year, I like this trade.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A Pale Horse posted:

Honestly Mike Williams is probably better than Stevie Johnson and pair him with Sammy Watkins and you have a nice mix of jump ball possession receiver and speed guy. Plus they have Robert Woods too.

Yeah but Revis is back in the division and Stevie seems to be the only guy in the NFL who can clown Revis

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Guys. GUYS!

Michael Crabtree
Anquan Boldin
Stevie Johnson
Vernon Davis

:getin:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
This seems very relevant: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/analysis-notebook-week-15-2/

quote:

Before the game against the Bills, Sherman had given up just 32 recepions for 480 yards and one lone touchdown. He allowed six receptions for 89 yards and another score in this game as he was shaken loose by Johnson’s routes more than I can remember him being by any other receiver. So what is it about the way Johnson plays that allows him to give these shutdown players such trouble?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I like to imagine the 49ers just call up these teams like "hey gently caress it we'll offer them a lovely pick and see if they bite" and then they hang up the phone after nabbing whatever player they're getting like "holy poo poo guys did that really happen?"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I mean, the rationale for drafting Watkins is clearly "give your young QB more weapons." Given that, I struggle to see the rationale of throwing so many eggs into the Watkins basket and then giving away your #2 receiver for pennies on the dollar. It's just strange.

Uh Mike Williams??

Stevie's no worldbeater, but him and Watkins would've been a pretty good combo. I really have no idea what to make of the Bills offense. EJ could be good or bad, who knows, Fred Jackson is old and Spiller's production seems to be inversely related to his usage, and rookie WRs are always a question mark, Watkins or no.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Seeing Sherman Earl and them twice a year gonna make Johnson a die hard atheist

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Guys. GUYS!

Michael Crabtree
Anquan Boldin
Stevie Johnson
Vernon Davis

:getin:

Best collection of #2 receivers in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Stevie was my favorite Bill because he blamed God when he dropped a football.

To sasflowchart it a bit, he was seemingly a receiver that depended on good chemistry with his QB to be successful. He and Fitz worked great together, but he and EJ had nothing. And I guess he didn't get along well with the coaching staff and his role became very redundant, so this is all hardly a shock. I was only expecting a 5th for him, so this trade is okay I guess.

But if Watkins doesn't have a 1000 yard season, this Bills FO is likely done, heh.

• Locked thread