Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan has been visiting all sorts of quacks and he can't figure out why his wrist won't get better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
It has been nearly five days after Raw. You know what that means?

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 4 "Bad News From Nippon"

This week, wrestling noob Zarikov and I bullshit about things that would be been more relevant had this episode come out two days, such as Extreme Rules and Raw. We also talk some ROH Global Wars and answer a few questions (poorly) as well. Good Times!

RSS Feed
Show Twitter
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan has been visiting all sorts of quacks and he can't figure out why his wrist won't get better!

I was thinking "have you been to see an actual doctor?"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

njsykora posted:

Bryan Alvarez knows many things. And in many others he is a complete moron.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

I think his remark that he couldn't wait however long it would take for it to heal indicated he had. He's just too stubborn to listen to their advise, so he went to two chiropractors instead, plus some other non doctors.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I think his remark that he couldn't wait however long it would take for it to heal indicated he had. He's just too stubborn to listen to their advise, so he went to two chiropractors instead, plus some other non doctors.

Are we talking about Kurt Angle now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Are we talking about Kurt Angle now?

Angle at least seems to be getting good advice: Don't wrestle for TNA again.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

He should probably start waving crystals over it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

He should probably start waving crystals over it.

He started babbling about kinesio tape before I skipped ahead to the Impact review so he may not be far away.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

MassRafTer posted:

He started babbling about kinesio tape before I skipped ahead to the Impact review so he may not be far away.

You'd think someone into pro wrestling would know something about con artists...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

You'd think someone into pro wrestling would know something about con artists...

and yet they continue to rave about DDP yoga!!!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The latest Bauer & Pollock is kind of neat if just for the look into how WWE is handling the Network payoff situation.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Jerusalem posted:

The second part of Austin's interview with Bischoff was a complete clusterfuck. Halfway through the show Austin suddenly declares that they've run out of time and will continue next week, then suddenly he's back like it's next week and he's doing his usual pre-interview fluff (a very funny story about farting in the gym and giving CPR to a dead squirrel) before jumping back into interviewing Bischoff, and then 20 minutes or so later he goes to a commercial spot and suddenly the podcast just.... stops.

I think somebody at Podcast One phoned in their work this week.

That felt so nice to click on an Austin show and not hear any ads in the beginning. Not only that, but it started off with the most interesting part of the interview first with Bischoff saying "This is what your listeners are probably most interested in hearing." I was like "Alright, Austin's finally figured it out. This is going to be a real good show."

Why can't they made a pay version without ads? I don't give a poo poo about pay free. I'll pay any amount of money to never hear the words legal zoom again.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Then you're the exception because most people wouldn't pay. I'd much rather skip a commercial and keep getting it for free.

You have a fast forward button that conveniently skips at 30-second intervals, so what's the big deal?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Nobody is going to pay for a podcast. The only reason anyone paid for Jimmy Pardo's podcast is because he started doing it a billion years ago before people knew they didn't have to pay to hear two comedians jacking each other off. That's why podcast commercials are in that terrible middle ground between satellite radio(complete snake oil and rip-off poo poo) and real radio ads. Just about every podcast ad is for some kind of invented middleman company to prey off middle America's laziness(chocolate-covered fruit, file storage, etc).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Real radio ads are for terrible snake oil poo poo as well, or at least that's the case for the radio station that's usually on at my job (standard mainstream pop). Half the ads are for hypnosis seminars, herbal supplements, and bullshit child rearing programs.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 10, 2014

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Thauros posted:

Real radio ads are for terrible snake oil poo poo as well, or at least that's the case for the radio station that's usually on at my job (standard mainstream pop). Half the ads are for hypnosis seminars, herbal supplements, and bullshit child rearing programs.

I've noticed this too in my area but I was hoping somewhere out there there were still real ads.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Then you're the exception because most people wouldn't pay. I'd much rather skip a commercial and keep getting it for free.

You have a fast forward button that conveniently skips at 30-second intervals, so what's the big deal?

I do? Where is this button? If I'm on the computer, I click on a random point about 2 minutes past and usually have to keep skipping around until I find where the commercials stop. That would be pretty annoying to keep having to do itself. But then, I usually listen to podcasts in my car or when I'm jogging. (I mean, people are usually doing something when listening to podcasts) In that case it's almost impossible to skip. As I'm running, I'm fiddling with my phone trying to skip, sometimes it goes 20 minutes ahead, sometimes it goes all the way to the end and the audio stops, then I'm wishing the person who invented ads (or the owner of either Legal Zoom or Alpha Brain) was in front of me so I could throw my phone at his loving face.

Why not give us the option? Every time I hear Austin or somebody talking about how great it is that podcasts are pay free, I roll my eyes.

Jim Cornette has the right idea with his podcasts.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 10, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what app are you using? stop trying to seek with the progress bar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't understand why anyone would want to skip Austin reading ads.

LEGAL ZOOM.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I don't understand why anyone would want to skip Austin reading ads.

LEGAL ZOOM.

I thought the same thing for the first 20 times. It's the repetition. If he said different ads each podcast episode, there would be no problem.

epitasis posted:

what app are you using? stop trying to seek with the progress bar

Safari

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Austin's reading of ads are fine. They're typically pretty short and he keeps them interesting typically.

The worst of the worst is Jericho. God drat is he annoying when he reads ads (or does any skit for that matter) and I'm a big fan of his. He turns on that weird radio voice and it's just cringeworthy. I typically fast forward the first two minutes of his show.

If his actual interviews weren't so good, I wouldn't even subscribe.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Jim Cornette has the right idea with his podcasts.

I agree, he should have Kenny Bolin every week instead of Alice Radley.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I finally got a Dickeye Before E RSS feed up!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mob posted:

I've noticed this too in my area but I was hoping somewhere out there there were still real ads.

Radio is the rear end in a top hat of advertising, I don't think I've ever heard a good radio ad in my life.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

To me both Dave and Bryan are missing a couple obvious points regarding Jushin Liger's popularity.

Many of the Toronto fans I'm sure like myself thought he was really loving awesome when they were children and were massively hyped at getting the chance to see him live. I thought he was the coolest wrestler imaginable simply from seeing phtotos of him in Apter magazines before I even got to see him in WCW.

I'm a huge NJPW fan and am traveling to NYC see the modern stars, but there's something uniquely special about getting the chance to see one of my favorites from when I was a kid live for the first and probably only time.

I also think that while the NJPW guys were obviously a draw, a lot of people at the Toronto show were probably more ROH fans than NJPW fans and were more familiar with Liger due to his work in WCW than the current big 3. It wouldn't shock me if there's more of a fanbase for the newer stars in NYC due to more dorks like myself willing to travel to go see them.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Thauros posted:

To me both Dave and Bryan are missing a couple obvious points regarding Jushin Liger's popularity.

Many of the Toronto fans I'm sure like myself thought he was really loving awesome when they were children and were massively hyped at getting the chance to see him live. I thought he was the coolest wrestler imaginable simply from seeing phtotos of him in Apter magazines before I even got to see him in WCW.

I'm a huge NJPW fan and am traveling to NYC see the modern stars, but there's something uniquely special about getting the chance to see one of my favorites from when I was a kid live for the first and probably only time.

I also think that while the NJPW guys were obviously a draw, a lot of people at the Toronto show were probably more ROH fans than NJPW fans and were more familiar with Liger due to his work in WCW than the current big 3. It wouldn't shock me if there's more of a fanbase for the newer stars in NYC due to more dorks like myself willing to travel to go see them.

That was what I kept thinking through that entire argument. Even if Liger is a shadow of what he was, I loved the wcw cruiser weight division. So much talent having amazing matches every show.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Thauros posted:

This is how it was at the show in Windsor the night before too. People were way more excited for their hometown guys than the New Japan guys. The main event between two hometown dudes was seemingly a lot more over than when Tanahashi and Nakamura came out. They also loved Booker T.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ch3cooh posted:

That was what I kept thinking through that entire argument. Even if Liger is a shadow of what he was, I loved the wcw cruiser weight division. So much talent having amazing matches every show.

Even as he's winding down, Liger is still pretty good. I liked his NJPW US tour match with Kenny Omega a lot.

During Colt Cabana's post-Wrestling Diaries Too podcast, a fan asks him where Danny Dominion is and Colt totally dodges the question. Does anyone here know what happened to Danny?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I don't know why I ever listen to Les Thatcher talk about stuff but holy poo poo on this week's wrestling weekly he basically said "if Bryan wants to keep his wife safe from Kane he should leave her at home. Or if he has a bus lock her in there."

Like, gently caress dude :psyduck:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Buses are some of the most dangerous locations!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know who Les Thatcher is, but apparently he's Macho Man Randy Savage?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

I don't know why I ever listen to Les Thatcher talk about stuff but holy poo poo on this week's wrestling weekly he basically said "if Bryan wants to keep his wife safe from Kane he should leave her at home. Or if he has a bus lock her in there."

Like, gently caress dude :psyduck:

I wanted to make a joke about how he clearly doesn't remember what almost happened to Randy Orton's wife on his bus but then I realized I don't remember who he was feuding with and if anything happened. Touche Les, touche.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk if Miss Elizabeth were being stalked by what is now apparently supposed to be a supernatural horror-movie monster that can shoot fire and isn't felled by tire iron shots and getting hit by a car I'd probably be like yeah good call leaving her in Florida, Mach

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I wanted to make a joke about how he clearly doesn't remember what almost happened to Randy Orton's wife on his bus but then I realized I don't remember who he was feuding with and if anything happened. Touche Les, touche.

CM Punk and then Orton murdered all of the Nexus.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

Or dumb lawfirms like Edgar Snyder who is somehow still alive despite looking ancient since the late 90s or that lawfirm for men when you are getting divorced ad I always hear on DVE/The Fan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Les is an old rear end in a top hat.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

He runs a wrestling school that has trained practically everybody to come out of the midwest

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Question for the Plipplop Pleeploo Count Cast: Are Dixie Carter and Julie Uhrman actually the same person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raeg posted:

Question for the Plipplop Pleeploo Count Cast: Are Dixie Carter and Julie Uhrman actually the same person?

Julie Uhrman actually convinced people to give her millions of dollars

• Locked thread