Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois
How long, on average, would it take to get to level 50? Is there a special secret to leveling up faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Duccy posted:

How long, on average, would it take to get to level 50? Is there a special secret to leveling up faster?

In ye olde days when the time gated mirror event was a thing, probably around 3 days. Now your best bet is to play the story missions and do doff missions once they become available. Should take about a week with casual play. Of course once a double xp weekend rolls around you can probably get to level 50 in less than two days.

For anyone on the fence about the Tempest class, get the Zen store version before splurging on the fleet one, the console it has is amazing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

That gif makes the bortas talk a page back even funnier.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 10, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Duccy posted:

Depends? If you space it out a while you can get to 50 in a day or to /played tops since you'll have duty officer jobs ticking away and feeding you "free" XP. If you mean in one sitting... it'll probably be a bit longer. Either way you can expect 25-40 hours depending how familiar you are with the leveling quests and know which ones are safe to skip and such. Used to be faster, but the easiest way (blitzing the mirror universe hour) went away when they changed how queues work in 8.5. In any case, it's not that long at all by most MMO standards.

Ludicro posted:

For anyone on the fence about the Tempest class, get the Zen store version before splurging on the fleet one, the console it has is amazing.

:suspense: Fine, I'll give in.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ludicro posted:

What's the cooldown on that monster?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

It's still a 3 minute clicky power but since it's actually buffable by phaser consoles and damage skills and basically murders everything in a given area and makes it un-traversable for about 30 seconds it's not a bad thing to have handy at all.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Be on the lookout for tears of rage from pubbies on the forums then. There are probably threads already trickling in about how OP it is.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
oh huh i had misread it like 5 times and conflated the console with the rear-firing arc locked gun

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois
Can I get an invite while I'm at it? Elliefresh@duckbawt

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Ludicro posted:

In ye olde days when the time gated mirror event was a thing, probably around 3 days. Now your best bet is to play the story missions and do doff missions once they become available. Should take about a week with casual play. Of course once a double xp weekend rolls around you can probably get to level 50 in less than two days.

It's basically the Defiant if they take off that back piece. Give me a Fleet Defiant Retrofit Retrofit :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Psycho Landlord posted:

It's still a 3 minute clicky power but since it's actually buffable by phaser consoles and damage skills and basically murders everything in a given area and makes it un-traversable for about 30 seconds it's not a bad thing to have handy at all.
And with no chargeup time or weapon power drain or anything like that, just click and boom. It's probably one of the few (only?) 3 minute clicky damage powers that's worth taking up a console slot.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

And with no chargeup time or weapon power drain or anything like that, just click and boom. It's probably one of the few (only?) 3 minute clicky damage powers that's worth taking up a console slot.

Eh, its another kill button in a vape setup, but idda know how thrilled I'd be to have it taking up space in pve.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I dunno, pubbie disbelief as we've one-shotted waves of Undine in the battlezone has made it pretty worth it. The ship is good enough that you don't really need to min-max your consoles that much to still be king-poo poo of everything.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 10, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

The Vesta's deflector beam and the chain lightning console are also pretty great, though perhaps a bit situational.

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.

Melchior posted:

Is offers.perfectworld.com down for anyone else? Been making zen for weeks this way, and I get a message now that the site is inaccessible until I have a level 10 or week old character. Not sure why..

Dude, just make a klank and do what the Wiki tells you. It's easier and far more consistent than boxing the stupid offers.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
I like the Ar'kif c-store console. I doubt it is optimal, but the two-piece-with-quad-cannons plasma damage bonus is kind of nice and it enables Annihilation Mode. Glowy panels open up and everything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's pretty useless in PvP, but honestly in PvE it's kinda nice, since you have big bosses that don't move that much and the singularity powers aren't that awesome in PvE and also given it halves your singularity charge time it's not taking much away from the normal singularity powers anyway.

Also it makes bits of your ship open up and glow with sparkles, and gives you an excuse to equip a quad cannon which looks pretty cool shooting stuff. Pew Pew Pew Pew.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 10, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

CheeseThief posted:

I think I got passed over last time I asked for wiki access, trying again with CheeseThief.

Duccy posted:

Can I get an invite while I'm at it? Elliefresh@duckbawt

You're in.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

It's pretty useless in PvP, but honestly in PvE it's kinda nice, since you have big bosses that don't move that much and the singularity powers aren't that awesome in PvE and also given it halves your singularity charge time it's not taking much away from the normal singularity powers anyway.

Also it makes bits of your ship open up and glow with sparkles, and gives you an excuse to equip a quad cannon which looks pretty cool shooting stuff. Pew Pew Pew Pew.
Another advantage is that while it burns singularity power, it doesn't start the one minute global singularity power cooldown, so you can use something else as soon as you have the power for it. It also has a passive buff (of sorts) with the toggle mode, so that puts it ahead of a lot of the clicky crap. Helps that the Ar'kif is crazy good in general.

Mondian posted:

Eh, its another kill button in a vape setup, but idda know how thrilled I'd be to have it taking up space in pve.
Yeah, true. Probably depends a lot on what you're fighting... it's handy against undine since they tend to come in tight packs and the planet killers are basically sacks of immobile HP, and not bad in borg STFs too I figure (could be fun against the ISE sphere swarm), but most other stuff yeah not too exciting. Mostly just nice to see something that does have a use for a change, rather than being something you toss in a bank and forget it exists like the Avenger/Mogh consoles.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The thing is, PvE's easy enough that you can get away with equipping stuff that is just fun, and this console looks pretty fun.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Just signed up for the wiki. Username is MizPiz.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1113231

Pubbies complaining about Smirk's "event" on Risa in the most hilarious way.

quote:

ThAT event SU,C,K'eddddddddddd bad and this smirk dude never talked in zone every since stu,pid PW took over this game has gone DOWN HILL I can't WAIT for Star Citizen to shut down STO!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1113531

This guy has the brilliant idea of introducing a sex slav- I mean Risian Companion Bridge Officer to let swimsuits be seen off Risa.

Let me say that again...

Risian Companion Bridge Officer

bubbles depo fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 10, 2014

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Oh hey, it's Stoleviathan. Go figure.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Oh hey, it's Stoleviathan. Go figure.

He's a pimple on the rear end of STO you can't get rid of. Let that sink in.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

bubbles depo posted:

This guy has the brilliant idea of introducing a sex slav- I mean Risian Companion Bridge Officer to let swimsuits be seen off Risa.

Let me say that again...

You know, even without the obvious overtones by Creepo McRapeDungeon over here, "Life of the Party" sounds interesting enough to MAYBE be useful on Ground maps. You know, except the whole "allow swimsuit wear anywhere with PC and other BOFFs". That I can live without. I mean holy hell, that guy is dedicated.

This also begs the question on if Risians are actual aliens, or just human colonists from a terraformed planet. I don't think Star Trek canon was ever quite clear on that. This gives it a whole new LAYER of funny if it's the latter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Why Risian companion Bridge Officer, rather than Risian Bridge Officer?

I have a horrible feeling they just watched Firefly.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

bubbles depo posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1113231

Pubbies complaining about Smirk's "event" on Risa in the most hilarious way.

Let me say that again...

Just gonna quote this post right here.

pubbie shitlord posted:

to those that say "oh, i dont think starfleet officers should be running around ESD in swimsuits"

well guess what, i'm not really a starfleet officer. i'm actually a mercenary, of sorts. or do you think everyone on ESD has to be starfleet? that's the real problem, not enough variety in what we're allowed to be. well stuff it, i'm not wearing a uniform all day. that doesnt mean starfleet doesnt recognize my 600 years of combat experience.

:qq:This game RESTRICTS my choices!!!:qq:

With bonus Mary Sue.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

HiroProtagonist posted:

:qq:This game RESTRICTS my choices!!!:qq:

With bonus Mary Sue.

"They restrict my choices" is actually a fair complaint, while this is not Champions they should and could give us so much more freedom with costumes. gently caress, all the rep armor sets are pretty lovely because you're restricted to four colors for the primary and it's a shame. There's so much potential here, for hilarity and otherwise.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Can I get an invite to Starfleet Dental? I wish to join our glorious crusade to defend the Federation from the Gingivitisians. There can be no peace in our time! Subyng@chocohip

Thanks!

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

The new images from Goonlad:

Full membership app up next and I could use some ideas for the new images it will ask for.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

That needs to be a STO forums sig.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That form is mostly great but come on, the selection of sausages and sexual positions is severely lacking

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
I have contraband to sell. Do I just need to put it on the exchange for EC in bundles of 5 or 10, or is there some rich goon who wants to buy it?

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Morglon posted:

That form is mostly great but come on, the selection of sausages and sexual positions is severely lacking

I agree 100% and feel great shame. That's why his next application is this: http://imgur.com/LIK9wNF

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

LordCo posted:

The new images from Goonlad:

Full membership app up next and I could use some ideas for the new images it will ask for.

oh mah GOD

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

LordCo posted:

I agree 100% and feel great shame. That's why his next application is this: http://imgur.com/LIK9wNF

Well done that's hilarious

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

LordCo posted:

Oh man, I am crying here. Such amazing work.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Welp.

http://pastebin.com/dQWYX9Ft

quote:

[11:25] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: let people have their fantasies.. its ally ou have nowadays

quote:

[11:26] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: in old greek it was normal to have a little boy for pleasure

quote:

[11:28] [Zone] Brought To You By Mondian@ludikro: no, being attracted to kids is pretty sick

[11:28] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: Listen, how is it sick?

[11:28] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: who decided that?

quote:

[11:29] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: i think everythign a human desires is good for "them"

[11:29] [Zone] Zoerp@Zoerp: So edgy, get the gently caress off my station pedo

quote:

[11:30] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: Fun fact 60% of grown men have fantasies about to have sex with teenagers.

[11:30] [Zone] Brought To You By Mondian@ludikro: no its not, its sick, and its perverted, and its disgusting

[11:30] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: Foot fetish is perverted too, doyou judge them?

quote:

[11:31] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: People are so uptight.

[11:31] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: What if the kids liek it?

quote:

[11:32] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: i mean onyl because society decided it ... wow if society makes pedo legal what then?

quote:

[11:35] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: i give math lessons

[11:35] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: to girls

[11:35] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: in 4rth grade

[11:35] [Zone] Brought To You By Mondian@ludikro: oh god

quote:

[11:36] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: Nah , i like lolicon.

quote:

[11:47] [Zone] Prysha Tosh'lyra@r9xchaos: lel, so cute, im hated for havign a different opinion and different tase :D

His character was very small, female, and very flat chested.

:suicide:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Ludicro posted:

Welp.

http://pastebin.com/dQWYX9Ft

His character was very small, female, and very flat chested.

:suicide:

Jesus. I hope you reported that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

Jesus. I hope you reported that guy.

Given he claims to give math lessons to young girls, I hope you reported him to the FBI.

• Locked thread