Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jose posted:

Will do. Its not like it took particularly long to get here anyway. Now I've finally got the archdrake staff upgraded to needing titanite chunks I've joined the bellkeeper covenant to get some. How often do you get summoned to fight?

It's nuts. Sometimes you can't take five steps without being summoned and others you'll go hours in-game without a duel. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jose posted:

Will do. Its not like it took particularly long to get here anyway. Now I've finally got the archdrake staff upgraded to needing titanite chunks I've joined the bellkeeper covenant to get some. How often do you get summoned to fight?

It's tricky at higher levels. I don't know what the optimum SL is but lower the better

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Oh, I'm hollowed. I'm out of effigy's though and I don't have any more souldosh to buy more since all the enemies have stopped respawning and I've lost all of what I've had fighting the Pursuer. I'm online and connected to servers and stuff, though. Looks like I'm just gonna have to learn to parry. I've been relying on the roll up to this point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm currently using the archdrake staff/chime. I know there is a better staff still to come quite a lot further into the game but what about chimes or should I just upgrade the archdrake chime too?

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Finally got off my rear end and finished the game and went into NG+, to be pleasantly surprised by some cool changes in the Things Betwixt, followed by basically nothing else new :smith:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Found a very good spot to farm for sun medals -- the Prowling Magus & Congregation boss. I don't know why people summon you there, but two casts of Soul Appease almost end the fight in a matter of seconds.

Edit: VVVVVVV Yes, mundane uses every single one, sorry. :smith:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 10, 2014

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Does Mundane take every single one of your stats into consideration, like Vigor and Attunement? Please tell me it's just the four damage related stats :ohdear:

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's nuts. Sometimes you can't take five steps without being summoned and others you'll go hours in-game without a duel. :shrug:

Last night I was trying to stop playing, but every time I left a world I had invaded with the bell ring I got instantly matched again and I didn't want to disconnect because of the lockout thing.

I had to play for about 15 more minutes before there was enough of a window to take the ring off.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Upmarket Mango posted:

Oh, I'm hollowed. I'm out of effigy's though and I don't have any more souldosh to buy more since all the enemies have stopped respawning and I've lost all of what I've had fighting the Pursuer. I'm online and connected to servers and stuff, though. Looks like I'm just gonna have to learn to parry. I've been relying on the roll up to this point.

You can put down summon signs for the last giant and get revived that way, once you're in the host's world you count as being fully human and can heal up whatever health you may be missing, then if the boss is beaten you will get revived to human when you come back to your world.

THE PWNER posted:

Last night I was trying to stop playing, but every time I left a world I had invaded with the bell ring I got instantly matched again and I didn't want to disconnect because of the lockout thing.

I had to play for about 15 more minutes before there was enough of a window to take the ring off.
Cant you just take it off while you're a phantom?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Lori posted:

Finally got off my rear end and finished the game and went into NG+, to be pleasantly surprised by some cool changes in the Things Betwixt, followed by basically nothing else new :smith:

Try playing some more. There are a bunch of changes, just not in Majula and FoFG. Most of them scale with bonfire intensity too

Red Crown posted:

Does Mundane take every single one of your stats into consideration, like Vigor and Attunement? Please tell me it's just the four damage related stats :ohdear:

It's all of them

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

You can re-human and get the benefits of resting without respawning the enemies if you use a white soapstone to get summoned by someone else and help them kill the boss. There's a small one in the room directly above the second bonfire (just break the door down) and Pate (an NPC nearby whom you've probably already met) will give you a larger one (which doesn't have a 5mn time limit) if you talk to him.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Oh, cool. I had no idea. I've already got the soapstones too. Thanks for the info guys.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Upmarket Mango posted:

Oh, cool. I had no idea. I've already got the soapstones too. Thanks for the info guys.

small white soapstones don't require beating the boss to get back to being human either. I killed 3 enemies once and it said duty fulfilled and sent me back

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jose posted:

small white soapstones don't require beating the boss to get back to being human either. I killed 3 enemies once and it said duty fulfilled and sent me back

Oh yeah being a shade is loving great. Getting summoned in places like Copse and shaded woods rules because you kill three or four enemies and the game hands you a smooth stone.

Or you get to the boss and time out in the middle of it. So I stand in front of scorpiness waving goodbye to everyone before I get stabbed and hung in the air.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How rare are the items to infuse weapons? Got 1 for magic infusing and was wondering if using it on my archdrake staff was a bad idea

Edit: Despite the fact I don't have any stones for upgrading magic, McDuff will still let me infuse my staff?

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 10, 2014

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Yeah, after I found out how little time I actually have to spend as a shade, along with getting a stone from it for bird gambling, I stopped using the normal white soapstone altogether. I think I got all of the highest-tier rewards just from regular stones and I'm done with them now. Plus, it's a lot quicker when you want to dehollow yourself.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jose posted:

How rare are the items to infuse weapons? Got 1 for magic infusing and was wondering if using it on my archdrake staff was a bad idea

Edit: Despite the fact I don't have any stones for upgrading magic, McDuff will still let me infuse my staff?

Actually speaking of the smooth and shiny stones you get for shading, trading them to the birds is a decent source of the element stones. Still random though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Jose posted:

It varies. Some drop really easily off of certain enemies, like firedrake stones off of enemies in the Iron Keep, but some are basically one-time collectibles from corpses and chests. You can get more of them by exchanging medium-sized smooth and silky stones with the crows, but you've got to get those first, too.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I am trying to upgrade my +4 Pate's Spear. I have the 4 Twinkling Titanite required and enough money to do so, but it's still X'ed out. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stokes posted:

I am trying to upgrade my +4 Pate's Spear. I have the 4 Twinkling Titanite required and enough money to do so, but it's still X'ed out. Anyone know what could be the problem?

The upgrade from +4 to +5 requires 5 twinkling, not 4.

Jose posted:

There are no "stones for upgrading magic" - infusion and upgrade are totally separate now, so an infused weapon still upgrades with titanite/twinkling/dragon bones.

Most of the stones for infusing stuff aren't farmable but you get plenty from killing crystal lizards/finding chests and you can buy a few from Chloanne later on, so feel free to infuse your catalyst.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The upgrade from +4 to +5 requires 5 twinkling, not 4.

I'm an idiot.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

AndroidHub posted:

You can put down summon signs for the last giant and get revived that way, once you're in the host's world you count as being fully human and can heal up whatever health you may be missing, then if the boss is beaten you will get revived to human when you come back to your world.

Cant you just take it off while you're a phantom?

Nah I tried, couldn't take it off in enemy worlds, or while loading in to them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Najka wouldn't be bad if I was better at dodging her grab and her magic attacks. I try to stay away so I can get away from the tail grab and get nailed by the soulmass.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Lori posted:

You apparently haven't moved much further than Majula, then.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Is there any way to get Twinkling Titanite easily without using ascetics in the Dragon Aerie or Memory of Jeigh?

I really don't understand why nobody sells infinite Twinkling.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ice_Mallet posted:

Is there any way to get Twinkling Titanite easily without using ascetics in the Dragon Aerie or Memory of Jeigh?

I really don't understand why nobody sells infinite Twinkling.

You could always genocide the Shrine of Amana. :unsmigghh:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

King of Solomon posted:

You could always genocide the Shrine of Amana. :unsmigghh:

What this guy said. My first character got like 30 of the loving things because I was an idiot who went with a 0 dex build and had absolutely no ranged attacks.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Gus Hobbleton posted:

What this guy said. My first character got like 30 of the loving things because I was an idiot who went with a 0 dex build and had absolutely no ranged attacks.

Well that's good to know. Amana sounds more fun than more Hellkites and Giant Lords, anyways.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Najka wouldn't be bad if I was better at dodging her grab and her magic attacks. I try to stay away so I can get away from the tail grab and get nailed by the soulmass.

Najka has a grab!?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

Dear From,

Please make the following Superman emote.

I find "Mock" lacking and "Welcome" is a lovely imitation of both "Well? What is it!" AND "Warcry."
I can't make anybody top mad with either of those.
Please fix ty.

- Turtle
Allow me to introduce you to the Very Good carving.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Andrast posted:

Najka has a grab!?

If you get hit by her tail stab(the ones where she slams the tips of her tail into the ground and leaves herself open for ages), she lifts you into the air and rips the spikes out of you. It's really nasty because it instantly toxics you and does an absolute shitload of damage. I've seen bad hosts and phantoms die to it a fair amount.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Gus Hobbleton posted:

You apparently haven't moved much further than Majula, then.

To be fair there really aren't that many NG+ exclusive changes. Basically each area gets a black phantom or two. The only bosses that I'm aware of receiving actual changes are Lost Sinner's Pyromancer Pals and Flexile Sentry's Scary Shadowmen. Which, compared to the very start of the game throwing entirely new enemies at you, seems pretty underwhelming.

e: Twin Pursuer fight too but that's pretty optional and I'd wager most people miss it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yo From you should probably have just made the King's Ring an item that automatically opens the doors without needing to be equipped. Also the doors should stay open. It's not a big deal, but it's really annoying if you are dying at the Throne of Want.

(Also, you should have made the path to Throne of Want shorter or more interesting)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I've put 82 hours into this game and I have been invaded twice. I have no idea why you're bitching about invasions.

Maybe because FROM screwed up their invasion code somewhere? Who knows. I get invaded every 20 minutes. This has happened on two characters. Not a sinner. That's why people bitch. I'd be loving thrilled if I played 82 hours and was invaded twice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Now that I've finished Iron Keep I assume Shaded Forest is the way to go? I've done 2 primal bonfires so far. About how far through the game am I?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How often do you guys get summoned to blue sentinel duels, and how long does it take? It seems to not happen for me.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jose posted:

Now that I've finished Iron Keep I assume Shaded Forest is the way to go? I've done 2 primal bonfires so far. About how far through the game am I?

Finishing the primal bonfires is a little over halfway through the game, give or take some depending on how much optional stuff you do.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pmchem posted:

Maybe because FROM screwed up their invasion code somewhere? Who knows. I get invaded every 20 minutes. This has happened on two characters. Not a sinner. That's why people bitch. I'd be loving thrilled if I played 82 hours and was invaded twice.

I'm at the Shrine of Amana and haven't been invaded a single time. In the console version I went a few areas into NG+ and got invaded once.

From messed something up.

E: I should clarify that I have been invaded in the bellbro areas, and I've engaged in some deliberate PvP on the Iron Keep bridge, but over the course of three runs through the game (I also had a gimmick build that I brought to Aldia, she never got invaded either), I've been invaded once.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 10, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Finishing the primal bonfires is a little over halfway through the game, give or take some depending on how much optional stuff you do.

drat, I've put in like 25 hours already although with a fair amount of co-op. I'm at Soul Memory 925k or so after doing Sinners Rise and Iron Keep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

pmchem posted:

Do you live in the US? Did you turn on cross region matchmaking? I wish I could get some loving invasions like that, I really want the punch ring from the Covenant of Champions but I hardly ever see invasions.