Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why is the game giving me cracked blue eye orbs in the worlds of the people I invade?

e: Jesus christ it's laggy today.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Booya posted:

Do you live in the US? Did you turn on cross region matchmaking? I wish I could get some loving invasions like that, I really want the punch ring from the Covenant of Champions but I hardly ever see invasions.

I live in the US and use whatever default settings.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So I just started using a mundane + santier's build which is awesome, it has the best moveset. I figured I may as well use some hexes/sorcery/miracles while I'm at it since I have 22 faith and int. What are the good spells to complement a mostly melee build? Right now I'm using dark weapon for buffing, dark orb mainly for pve and chameleon because it's awesome. I got like 6 of each spices so nothing at like 40 req int.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So the game is lagging to hell and back today, but I was surprised to see blue counter-invaders when I used the starting three eye orbs. Two showed up out of three. I only got a token of spite off one of the cops too, couldn't kill any hosts because of them and the white phantoms they had. Turns out dualwielding is kind of lovely in pvp without enchantments!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jose posted:

Now that I've finished Iron Keep I assume Shaded Forest is the way to go?

It's one of the two ways, yes.

(Assuming you did Sinner's Rise before Iron Keep.)

DreadNite
Nov 12, 2013
Is it possible to get to the bottom of the well in Majula with just the cat ring? I'm all sorcery so I have no points in health so I keep dying on the last fall (from the grave bonfire level). There's a ledge that I think id survive if I landed on it but the overhang I fall from is too large.

Any tips?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DreadNite posted:

Is it possible to get to the bottom of the well in Majula with just the cat ring? I'm all sorcery so I have no points in health so I keep dying on the last fall (from the grave bonfire level). There's a ledge that I think id survive if I landed on it but the overhang I fall from is too large.

Any tips?

Get a lot of healing, equip the cat ring and unequip your armor. Make sure you're human, you should manage to get down there. I'm not sure if absolute HP matters.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So does just every single enemy in ng+ have a chance to bypass your shield? Ornstein stabbed right through it and killed me like the royal guard in Sinner's Rise did when I used an ascetic.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Man I just a sad deathon an attempt to see how far I could get without dying. I died to the flexible sentry :negative:, got caught off guard by the rarely used impale attack, survive that then panic roll backwards while boss lunges at me.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 10, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Meeting the flexile sentry in Shaded Woods was an unpleasant surprise.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah I don't know what it is with invasions. I've got over 80 hours and have not been invaded once. Meanwhile I used my red sign and some red eye orbs outside the looking glass knight room (I heard that red eye orbs work too) and I got into other people's worlds the instant the animation for using it finished, so there are people in my range but either they aren't trying or something is preventing them from invading me specifically.

fake edit: My "never been invaded" thing doesn't include the bells. Those don't count because they are such huge outliers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I now have 26 cracked blue eye orbs as opposed to the like ten I found in NG. Those red phantoms sure were helpful.

e: I'm lagging so much twinblades have a range of three times the size of the twinblade what broke overnight?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 10, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Does Vendrick have a weakness? I have the soul of a giant that is supposed to weaken him, tried going in with full havel's and a havel's shield +5, got oneshotted. Next try, I get past his opener, stab him around 20 times with my poison weapon, don't get to poison him at all, switch to my club and end up running out of durability long before he runs out of health.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Asehujiko posted:

Does Vendrick have a weakness? I have the soul of a giant that is supposed to weaken him, tried going in with full havel's and a havel's shield +5, got oneshotted. Next try, I get past his opener, stab him around 20 times with my poison weapon, don't get to poison him at all, switch to my club and end up running out of durability long before he runs out of health.

Get more Giant Souls; Vendrick's defenses go up to 32x the default. Also, the Giant Lord Soul doesn't weaken him, if that's what you have.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

He's immune to poison. You need 5 souls of a giant to get him to his weakest point.

e: and ffs don't be havel

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Getting invaded pretty much constantly in NG+ (although, oddly, not in No Man's Wharf. You can still invade there right?). Usually running with my guardian's seal equipped and haven't had it triggered yet, though. I'm considering rejoining the way of the blue just to help some bluecops out.

E: I'm at something like 3.5m SM.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lord Yod posted:

Getting invaded pretty much constantly in NG+ (although, oddly, not in No Man's Wharf. You can still invade there right?). Usually running with my guardian's seal equipped and haven't had it triggered yet, though. I'm considering rejoining the way of the blue just to help some bluecops out.

E: I'm at something like 3.5m SM.

You can invade in no-man's wharf but it's really lovely. Unless you like checking every house on a janky rear end map for the invadee.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

MadJackMcJack posted:

The downside to that is you can get some dick who summons up two sunbros then summons a red phantom. Cheap as gently caress for the red phantom and probably quite annoying for the sunbros who thought they'd be fighting the Smelter Demon.

I refuse to fight with people that do that. :colbert:

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Smash some lightning axe dude down to 5 health points, he backstab OHK me from 10 feet in front of me while staggered.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Vendrick is a fight where you're best served by just dodging his sweeping attacks. Each soul of a giant is going to be separate from the other souls in your inventory, most likely will be one of the last, if not the last item in your inventory.

Spoiler because it has plot in it. The souls' description:

Soul of a Giant posted:

The soul of a Giant who came to conquer Drangleic.
Will the Giants' resentment of the King be pacified in death, or only emboldened?
Can be used to acquire souls, only...

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
The I had a not-so-great experience exploring around after I beat the Iron Keep because I already had a soul memory of 1,000,000+. I ended up walking to Drangleic Castle without going through the foggy woods to (what my friends have told me) the big spider boss.

I'm convinced those mammoth guards are made of nightmares.

Nothing crazy in this video, but I figured I'd show the progression mentioned above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLN2hDq8pI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Domattee posted:

Smash some lightning axe dude down to 5 health points, he backstab OHK me from 10 feet in front of me while staggered.

When that happens, just press alt+F4. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's kind of weird how you don't even get souls for using cracked blue orbs. It still counts toward the covenant requirement right? Duels still don't really happen for me.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

When that happens, just press alt+F4. :v:

Don't loving do this. In my 300+ hrs between both Dark Souls games of quitting out in frustration, the second time I did it in the Bell Tower I lost a 50 hour character to save file corruption.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Usually I'm pretty good about the whole bowing thing etc, but not with cops, I just backstab them if they do it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ulvirich posted:

Vendrick is a fight where you're best served by just dodging his sweeping attacks. Each soul of a giant is going to be separate from the other souls in your inventory, most likely will be one of the last, if not the last item in your inventory.

Spoiler because it has plot in it. The souls' description:

Or you could fight him by hugging his left rear end cheek and thus being immune to all his attacks. Vendrick is a joke.

Heliosicle posted:

Usually I'm pretty good about the whole bowing thing etc, but not with cops, I just backstab them if they do it.

Why on earth would the cops bow? They're here to punish SINNERS! You don't bow to sinners you eviscerate them by any means necessary! Kids these days.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tasoth posted:

Don't loving do this. In my 300+ hrs between both Dark Souls games of quitting out in frustration, the second time I did it in the Bell Tower I lost a 50 hour character to save file corruption.

Yeah I was actually screaming and crying on this thread because I almost lost a character to save corruption. Hence the :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Or you could fight him by hugging his left rear end cheek and thus being immune to all his attacks. Vendrick is a joke.

If you do this be warned that it won't actually stop the horizontal attacks from hitting you, and that your spells and shorter melee weapons, like maces and morningstars, will pass through him and do nothing from there.

quote:

Why on earth would the cops bow? They're here to punish SINNERS! You don't bow to sinners you eviscerate them by any means necessary! Kids these days.

Yeah that's pretty dumb, when I'm on the beat I just immediately start making GBS threads out great resonant souls and soul greatswords.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

pmchem posted:

I live in the US and use whatever default settings.

Suddenly I realized why I'm getting so many more cops. I'm in the US now. Wow I'm dumb.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RBA Starblade posted:

If you do this be warned that it won't actually stop the horizontal attacks from hitting you, and that your spells and shorter melee weapons, like maces and morningstars, will pass through him and do nothing from there.

What? I hugged his left leg and stabbed him to death with daggers and punched him to death with cestus just fine on multiple occasions. :confused:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

What? I hugged his left leg and stabbed him to death with daggers and punched him to death with cestus just fine on multiple occasions. :confused:

Yeah if you stay behind his left leg none of his attacks hit you, and then the most dangerous thing he can do is leap so his back is against a wall and you have to reposition him.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

I didn't get the gloves, but I don't care anymore. :frogsiren:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Metanaut posted:

I didn't get the gloves, but I don't care anymore. :frogsiren:

I didn't even realize the onion set was in it

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Oh, so like most ever other boss in the game then.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

A lot of the unique armor sets in Dks are; the catch is most of them require farming them one piece at a time from non-respawning black phantoms that only spawn in ng+.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alan Smithee posted:

Cuz it's in a poo poo location now.

You have to go to the Soldier's Rest bonfire in Forest of Fallen Giants in at least NG+ (aescetics are allowed) and fight an onion bro invader who has a slim chance to drop a piece of the whole set.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Every boss in Dark Souls 3 will have a 'reach-around' attack to grab people behind them, and we'll all cry.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Strength/Faith is a thing right? I think I'm about ready to be done with this pure int/faith character, it just isn't as fun as swinging a sword.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

david... posted:

Every boss in Dark Souls 3 will have a 'reach-around' attack to grab people behind them, and we'll all cry.

The Flexile Sentry will make a return but it'll have four torsos and you'll fight two at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

ChaosArgate posted:

You have to go to the Soldier's Rest bonfire in Forest of Fallen Giants in at least NG+ (aescetics are allowed) and fight an onion bro invader who has a slim chance to drop a piece of the whole set.

Burning an ascetic in regular NG works too. Same goes for getting the ghost bro ring.