Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

You guys are gonna be pretty embarrassed when Johnny Football owns
I'm sure he's happy to be a Brown, but I wonder how mad he is that he was one draft selection away from playing for a coach that was going to make him very rich in a few years.

The way Andy Reid acted when he got asked about the possibility of drafting Manziel, he was gonna be the pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sweet thursday posted:

It'd be pretty cool of he didn't suck and the Browns actually won some games because they're a cool team with cool fans and they have a cool uniform

nike's fixing that don't worry.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

nike's fixing that don't worry.

hopefully they change the color scheme while they're at it. :colbert:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Holy crap. I just looked at the Eagles 2011 draft class and good lord it is HORRIBLE.

And the players still on the team?

1 - Danny Watkins - OL - Baylor
2 - Jaiquawn Jarrett - S
3 - Curtis Marsh - CB - Utah St (Cut by the Eagles, Cut by the Bengals, now backup on the Eagles)
4 - Casey Matthews - LB - Oregon (Horrible, one of the last LBs on the depth chart)
4 - Alex Henery - K - Nebraska
5 - Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt
5 - Julian Vandervelde - OL - Iowa
6 - Jason Kelce - OL - Cincinnati (Thank God)
6 - Brian Rolle - LB - Ohio St.
7 - Greg Lloyd - LB - Connecticut
7 - Stanley Havili - FB - USC

Other than Kelce, it's really like the 2011 draft never even happened for the Eagles.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm sure he's happy to be a Brown, but I wonder how mad he is that he was one draft selection away from playing for a coach that was going to make him very rich in a few years.

The way Andy Reid acted when he got asked about the possibility of drafting Manziel, he was gonna be the pick.

There were rumors of the Vikings trying to trade into that spot. Do you guys think they wanted JFF there or were they targeting Bridgewater the whole time?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

89 posted:

Holy crap. I just looked at the Eagles 2011 draft class and good lord it is HORRIBLE.

And the players still on the team?

1 - Danny Watkins - OL - Baylor
2 - Jaiquawn Jarrett - S
3 - Curtis Marsh - CB - Utah St (Cut by the Eagles, Cut by the Bengals, now backup on the Eagles)
4 - Casey Matthews - LB - Oregon (Horrible, one of the last LBs on the depth chart)
4 - Alex Henery - K - Nebraska
5 - Dion Lewis - RB - Pitt
5 - Julian Vandervelde - OL - Iowa
6 - Jason Kelce - OL - Cincinnati (Thank God)
6 - Brian Rolle - LB - Ohio St.
7 - Greg Lloyd - LB - Connecticut
7 - Stanley Havili - FB - USC

Other than Kelce, it's really like the 2011 draft never even happened for the Eagles.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/1/11/2700508/mel-kiper-regrades-the-eagles-2011-draft-class

quote:

Mel Kiper revisited his initial grades and re-evaluated the entire 2011 draft. His view on the Eagles draft hasn't changed much.

Old grade = C+

New grade = C

Draft grades, a huge waste of time and energy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Draft grades are like horoscopes. They can apply to anyone who can adapt it to their perception, while ultimately meaning nothing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I give every team an A for trying real hard this year

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

wheez the roux posted:

agreed. A Good Av imo

Speaking of, your Gatorade container needs a Four Loko logo on it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

quote:

@AdamSchefter 24s
Eagles traded RB Bryce Brown to the Buffalo Bills, per league source.

Nice pick up, is Fred leaving town?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Bills are not interested in next year's draft class.

e: They got Brown for a 2015 conditional 4th apparently

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Someone needs to take Cameron Fleming soon so I don't get overly hopeful.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Coldforge posted:

Doubt it, more like having Brown is an upgrade over Tashard Choice, for when spiller and/or Jackson get hurt.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Coldforge posted:

Woooo a conditional pick

You had some real relent Bryce, then you fumbled a lot and died. RIP

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I did next to no research, can Jimmie Ward actually play or do people love him for the same reasons hockey fans love Ilya Bryzgalov (i.e. kind of a charming dumbass)?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not linking because duh, but Kenny Britt posted what's likely him loving his wife on Instagram :laffo:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweeney Tom posted:

Not linking because duh, but Kenny Britt posted what's likely him loving his wife on Instagram :laffo: Ei
:nsfw:
http://i.imgur.com/8Byuh7e.jpg

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 10, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I did next to no research, can Jimmie Ward actually play or do people love him for the same reasons hockey fans love Ilya Bryzgalov (i.e. kind of a charming dumbass)?

He could actually play in college. Whether he can actually play in the NFL is anyone's guess.

I think it was a solid pick.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sweeney Tom posted:

Not linking because duh, but Kenny Britt posted what's likely him loving his wife on Instagram :laffo:

Oh I'm linking

:nws: http://instagram.com/p/n1D3xpMmA6/ :nws:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So the Ravens took Michael Campanaro, who went to my high school. Back when I used to wait tables, I served him and his family a few times...it's so weird to think that he's (for now) on my favorite football team.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Background: Phil Emery, Bears GM. “I just did a little study. It’s very interesting,” Emery said. “That developmental theory doesn’t hold a whole lot of water. There’s entire classes of quarterbacks, since ’06, I went back and looked at from [Jay Cutler's draft class] on — when people say developmental quarterbacks, OK, so who has gotten developed? There isn’t a single quarterback after the third round since 2006 that has been a long-term starter. So you’re either developing thirds, and most of them have been wiped out of the league. So to get a quality quarterback, you’ve got to draft them high. That 2012 class is a blip on the radar that’s unusual, highly unusual."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/phil-emery-developing-late-round-quarterbacks-doesnt-work/

News: Bears drafted a QB in the 6th.

View: drat it, Emery.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

pmchem posted:

Background: Phil Emery, Bears GM. “I just did a little study. It’s very interesting,” Emery said. “That developmental theory doesn’t hold a whole lot of water. There’s entire classes of quarterbacks, since ’06, I went back and looked at from [Jay Cutler's draft class] on — when people say developmental quarterbacks, OK, so who has gotten developed? There isn’t a single quarterback after the third round since 2006 that has been a long-term starter. So you’re either developing thirds, and most of them have been wiped out of the league. So to get a quality quarterback, you’ve got to draft them high. That 2012 class is a blip on the radar that’s unusual, highly unusual."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/phil-emery-developing-late-round-quarterbacks-doesnt-work/

smokescreen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NFLN just started its annual Top 100 list tonight, because we need more #hottakes to sustain us over the offseason.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ozu posted:

:nsfw:
http://i.imgur.com/8Byuh7e.jpg

Best quote is the guy asking him if he'd post that if he were an NFL player

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

pmchem posted:

So, he drafted a QB knowing he'd be a backup. Nothing wrong with that. Who expects 6th/7th round guys to start, anyway?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A 6th round pick running the second team offense is much cheaper than signing a journeyman. And hey, maybe he won't be completely terrible.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Ribsauce posted:

Speaking of, your Gatorade container needs a Four Loko logo on it

i mean in a perfect world it would also include wazzu popcorn guy somehow

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Benne posted:

NFLN just started its annual Top 100 list tonight, because we need more #hottakes to sustain us over the offseason.

Had the draft still on and I walked by my TV to see Ryan Kalil in a bear suit

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Rap posted:

So, he drafted a QB knowing he'd be a backup. Nothing wrong with that. Who expects 6th/7th round guys to start, anyway?

Fales is the ideal back up, he's smart and doesn't make a lot of stupid decisions, and he'll be has the chance of succeeding Cutler, but its clear that Emery would only view that as an added bonus. When it came time to replace Cutler I wouldn't be shocked to see Fales and a 1st round pick compete for the spot.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

GAY KARATE MAN posted:

So the Ravens took Michael Campanaro, who went to my high school. Back when I used to wait tables, I served him and his family a few times...it's so weird to think that he's (for now) on my favorite football team.

So you went to River Hill? I went to Hammond

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not a fan of taking a QB there when there are still so many holes on the defense and special teams. But maybe it's a case where Trestman saw something he really liked in Fales and they couldn't pass him up. On the other hand maybe it's another Nathan Enderle or Dan LeFevour.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Phone posting

N: Another Dolphin in Twitter trouble

quote:

DAVIE, Fla. -- It has not been a banner week for Miami Dolphins players on social media.

Just 48 hours after Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey found himself in hot water over recent Twitter comments, Dolphins second-year player Don Jones tweeted a controversial reaction to the St. Louis Rams drafting Michael Sam, who became the first openly gay player drafted in the NFL.

Soon after Sam was drafted, Jones tweeted "OMG" and "horrible." Those tweets since have been deleted.

Television cameras showed Sam kissing his boyfriend after the former Missouri star received a phone call from the Rams.

Following last year's issues with Miami's locker-room culture, Jones' tweet was enough to catch the attention of Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey.

"I was made aware of it and I was disappointed in those comments," Hickey said Saturday night. "That's not what we stand for as an organization. The draft weekend is a culmination for so many players, their lifetime achievement of their dream to achieve a goal for Michael Sam and all the other players.

"It's a celebration. ... I think it's a great thing for the league."

Hickey also said the team plans to "sit down with Don Jones and address [the comments] and handle it appropriately."

Jones became the second Dolphins player in the past several days to make controversial statements on social media. When Miami drafted first-round pick Ja'Wuan James on Thursday, Pouncey tweeted "I can't wait for our gifts he's getting us." The comment was in poor taste following the Ted Wells report last February, where Pouncey and former teammates Richie Incognito and John Jerry were cited for bullying and harassing former Dolphin Jonathan Martin.

Pouncey shut down his Twitter account after meeting with the Dolphins' brass this weekend.

V: wtf is going on in the Dolphins locker room?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Something something bugs bunny florida saw gif

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

I'm not a fan of taking a QB there when there are still so many holes on the defense and special teams. But maybe it's a case where Trestman saw something he really liked in Fales and they couldn't pass him up. On the other hand maybe it's another Nathan Enderle or Dan LeFevour.

It was the 6th round. You're not going to fill a defensive hole that late, and shouldn't be drafting for need.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Haha I didn't see what made Pouncey shut down his account. loving seriously dude? The worst thing considering the circumstances.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Gerund posted:

Phone posting

N: Another Dolphin in Twitter trouble

V: wtf is going on in the Dolphins locker room?

The problem was Pouncey all along. Incognito was just his puppet.

Edit: Burn the Dolphins o-line to the ground, it's the only way to be sure we've got them all. :jihad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Coldforge posted:

The problem was Pouncey all along. Incognito was just his puppet.

Free Hernandez

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So the problem was hiding in true sight. One could say it indeed was incognito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What exactly did Pouncey post?

• Locked thread