Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

davecrazy posted:

What exactly did Pouncey post?

That he can't wait to see what their new draft pick buys them.

I thought it was a pretty funny joke, all in all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I'm not a fan of taking a QB there when there are still so many holes on the defense and special teams. But maybe it's a case where Trestman saw something he really liked in Fales and they couldn't pass him up. On the other hand maybe it's another Nathan Enderle or Dan LeFevour.

Bears addressed their needs on ST by getting a punter who apparently can also be the gunner on kick returns.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I still think the Steelers got the better Pouncey. If not a better player, he is at least way smarter.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whatever happened to Idaho Savior Nate Enderle

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears addressed their needs on ST by getting a punter who apparently can also be the gunner on kick returns.

that punter is going to somehow break Aaron's other collarbone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I still think the Steelers got the better Pouncey. If not a better player, he is at least way smarter.

Yours wasn't exposed to Incognito and a retarded coaching staff, so I'm not sure this is fair.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

They both think Aaron Hernandez shouldn't be in jail

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

I love that the bears drafted a punter who outbenched clowney by 2 reps

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Lazerbeam posted:

I love that the bears drafted a punter who outbenched clowney by 2 reps

before I look up anything about this guy: is he an aussie football or rugby player

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

before I look up anything about this guy: is he an aussie football or rugby player

none of the above, just a beefy motherfucker

e:

pictured: a punter

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Alouicious posted:

none of the above, just a beefy motherfucker

well don't I look silly

anyway most kickers are rad. hauschka is a nerd but he's consistent a a laid back funny dude. sav rocca is a beast and his tackling form is better than a lot of defensive backs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

well don't I look silly

anyway most kickers are rad. hauschka is a nerd but he's consistent a a laid back funny dude. sav rocca is a beast and his tackling form is better than a lot of defensive backs

his name is Pat O'Donnell so I really don't blame you for assuming either of those things

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Vic on the Packers:

Vic Ketchman posted:

“We’re going to be a better defense this year. You can write that in big letters. We’ll be a better defense this year,” McCarthy said in his draft-ending address to the media.

You might remember McCarthy used similar language last spring to predict his team’s running game would be improved in 2013. Improved would be an understatement.

:ohdear:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Definitely not the better player but yeah Im pretty sure Mike Pouncey is retarded.

But come on it was a funny joke. Don Jones though... what are you doing?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Brannock posted:

Vic on the Packers:

:ohdear:

Did he say the big letters part last year too? Because that's when you know he's serious.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Did he say the big letters part last year too? Because that's when you know he's serious.

Yes:

Mike McCarthy, 2013 posted:

“Expectations for the run game, don’t have a number for you,” McCarthy said. “To me, that will sort itself out in training camp. These workouts are great — they’re a teaching, educational part of developing your football team. We have to get in pads to find out what’s real and what’s perception. We’ll be better, I promise you that. Big letters."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

wheez the roux posted:

well don't I look silly

Sucks that Sav can't do the whole punting thing.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Definitely not the better player but yeah Im pretty sure Mike Pouncey is retarded.

But come on it was a funny joke. Don Jones though... what are you doing?

Yeah, the Pouncey joke was funny. The guy just wasn't very aware of the situation and how things would come across.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Malcolm Jenkins sent Mother's Day wishes to his five baby mamas and posted five different pictures of his wife. Tons of people didn't realize they were all the same woman apparently

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's both hilarious and completely typical.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Intruder posted:

Malcolm Jenkins sent Mother's Day wishes to his five baby mamas and posted five different pictures of his wife. Tons of people didn't realize they were all the same woman apparently

Like he had five kids with her and referred to her as his five baby mamas? That's amazing.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I just moved across the Bay to Oakland and found this in an antique store. I couldn't resist getting it for my good buddy who's a Raiders fan, I thought you guys might appreciate it too.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I just moved across the Bay to Oakland and found this in an antique store. I couldn't resist getting it for my good buddy who's a Raiders fan, I thought you guys might appreciate it too.

I read the top text too quickly and thought it said "Pro Football's Dying Organization."

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Cool as hell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dirt Worshipper posted:

gross

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ross why don't you like the Raiders theyre pretty cool you should try it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Looks like great kindling to me

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Absolut Mike posted:

I read the top text too quickly and thought it said "Pro Football's Dying Organization."

Change it to the 2013 and that would be a great Farthouse project.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

How many hall of famers in this poster?

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

davecrazy posted:

How many hall of famers in this poster?

I count 6 , Madden , Guy , Hendrick , Belitnichoff , Brown and Shell.
Plus Van Heghen and Stabler I think,nº60 is Otis Sistrunk .Other two hall of famers not pictured include Casper and Gene Upshaw.

Al Davis really nailed a bunch of drafts in 1970's.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 12, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lamadrid posted:

I count 5 , Madden , Guy , Hendrick , Belitnichoff and Brown.

I don't think Ray Guy is a hall if famer kluwe wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

shiksa posted:

I don't think Ray Guy is a hall if famer kluwe wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it

Ray Guy owns but it's true.Having said that Davis and other players raved about him and his technique.How he was capable of giving amazing field position with really long hang times.

1970's and early 80's Raiders were the closest thing to a motorcycle gang playing football.Beast team ever.I need to get me some Alzado or Ted Hendricks avatar.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Ross why don't you like the Raiders theyre pretty cool you should try it

Next time they have a winning season, I'll cheer for them the entire next season other than the San Diego games

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Change it to the 2013 and that would be a great Farthouse project.

Replace the faces with Art Shell, JaMarcus, a pigeon...

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

shiksa posted:

To be fair, the criteria for that poo poo ain't so objective

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward are both going to be in the HOF

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why would you say such a horrible thing?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I could see Ben held out like Jim Plunkett unless he has some great statistical years due to his off the field rape issues and poor postseason play. Ward will get in as a True Steeler Who Played The Game The Right Way With Grit And Heart and we will all vomit at once when he cried in the induction ceremony.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Can't wait for the agony of sitting through sportswriters explaining why Andre Johnson is not a hall of famer because "inflated stats make it hard to judge modern receivers" and "not a true winner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward are both going to be in the HOF

Troy P will be too

• Locked thread