Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taff posted:

Deals been done a long time

How would you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Cool. *buries head in the sand until world cup starts*

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Hoops posted:

And we're off.

now is the time for real fans to shine. get out your club net spend spreadsheets and load up goal.com, fellas. :thumbsup:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Byolante posted:

Agree with this as a Stoke fan. We were always a few decent players away from a good side, Palace are still a garbage side. What Pulis has done would be a big ask for Jesus.

One of the main reasons I wanted Pulis gone last season is because he never seemed interested in buying those few decent players. We were the lowest scorers in the football league for two years running and probably the slowest side in the premier league and Pulis was after was another big lad to stick up front, a centre back he could convert to play out wide and a workhorse in centre midfield. He left us with a good foundation though and Hughes has done a great job adding to that. This has been a really good season for Stoke and I'm gutted it has ended now.

Palace looked like one of the worst, most ill-prepared sides I've ever seen in the top flight before Pulis took over. What he's done there has been incredible and I think he should easily be manager of the season. The only other contender for me would have been if Rodgers had won the league. I'm happy Pulis is doing well for Palace, the only annoying thing is that he's being gushing about how great it is to have pace in his team when that was the one thing that his Stoke side were crying out for and he never addressed it.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

did you see how loving bad Palace's form, and squad, were when Pulis took over? Stoke had a fair few decent players already, Pulis won multiple PL games with Plymouth Argyle rejects on both wings.

Not that Hughes hasn't done well, especially considering they were pretty bad last season, but as soon as Liverpool lost the title Pulis was the only credible winner
Ian Holloway also saved a team from certain relegation this season. In Holloway we trust.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vinestalk posted:

now is the time for real fans to shine. get out your club net spend spreadsheets and load up goal.com, fellas. :thumbsup:

Again, grateful to the world cup for giving us a break from transfers

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Carrier posted:

this but the FA cup final

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chris de Sperg posted:

Ian Holloway also saved a team from certain relegation this season. In Holloway we trust.

how many players did he sign to do it? he'll replace all of them this summer. I say 'replace', they'll all be there on your wage bill. Palace had the biggest squad in european top flight football and 4 points

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm hearing Pepe Mel's gone, and by hearing I mean I read it on another forum

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Carrier posted:

but qatar is not till 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Please God let Fat Sam be sacked in the morning

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

Please God let Fat Sam be sacked in the morning

Moyes to West Ham, Allardyce to Man U? I'd have some of that

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Shaw had Januzaj in his pocket all game and RVP got nothing by him.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Babby Thatcher posted:

quick shout out for the punditry highlight of the season

gutted that garth isn't going to the world cup tbh

quote:

I was asked recently if I had the choice of selecting Aguero or Suarez in my team, who would I choose? My answer was: 'Why do I have to choose one or the other?' I would make room for both.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Moyes to West Ham, Allardyce to Man U? I'd have some of that
Yeah this OP, but van Gaal to our gaff imo

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Who won Fraud of the Year?

I'd nominate Kinnear.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Just thinking back to when Edin Dzeko single handedly won the trophy for Man City. Ah, poor Negredo, frozen out.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Puseklepp posted:

I'd nominate Kinnear.

Mourinho.

Alternative answer: Manchester United Football Club

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Puseklepp posted:

I'd nominate Kinnear.

Yaya Toure

He's actually dogshit.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Some bad signings: this is not the Fully poo poo XI, But just a preview
Lamela, Jovetic, Navas, Fellaini, Aspas, and worst of all The Jozemeister General

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Can you imagine the service Jozy would get in the fully sick xi. Phwoar. He'd score at least 4 goals.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Just saw the Fulham palace game, why weren't those youngsters playing earlier

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I wonder if Wenger is coming back because the last I knew he was still undecided. Maybe it will depend on the FA Cup result.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Vinestalk posted:

The true ITK's use caughtoffside.com.

As soon as the sting of missing out on the league title fade, I think ill notch this season as having been a good one :(

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

I'm hearing Pepe Mel's gone, and by hearing I mean I read it on another forum

I hope not but I get the impression he's been going for a while. It's not his fault; the players have been dogshit. Half of the team didn't bother to do the lap of honour (granted like 8 people stayed to watch it) but it's still a big mess.

A fuckload of work needs to be done on and off the pitch to ensure we're not emphatically relegated next year.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

England are going to win the world cup

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

Some bad signings: this is not the Fully poo poo XI, But just a preview
Lamela, Jovetic, Navas, Fellaini, Aspas, and worst of all The Jozemeister General

have to argue with jovetic being included imho

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Terrible season review montage from motd this year.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Ravel posted:

Terrible season review montage from motd this year.

Should have just been a montage of david moyes' exasperated expressions and players from man city, Chelsea and Liverpool falling over

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

TelekineticBear! posted:

England are going to win the world cup

I'm sorry to tell you, but this is terribly unlikely.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ayb posted:

Shaw had Januzaj in his pocket all game and RVP got nothing by him.

Agreed, Shaw looked fantastic.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

double sulk posted:

I wonder if Wenger is coming back because the last I knew he was still undecided. Maybe it will depend on the FA Cup result.

He's coming back. I have mixed feelings.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else notice the noggin on Kompany's baby?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did anyone else notice the noggin on Kompany's baby?

I'm not a father but I have to imagine its a relief to have your kid pop out and instantly know its yours.

Hoops posted:

And we're off.
It makes me angry that we will all mock the deal for Shaw but he will turn out to be amazing for United and worth the money.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cheese posted:

It makes me angry that we will all mock the deal for Shaw but he will turn out to be amazing for United and worth the money.

It's all fun and games until United win another title.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

cheese posted:

I'm not a father but I have to imagine its a relief to have your kid pop out and instantly know its yours.

for some reason i doubt that Vincent Kompany, a black man, instantly knew that the white baby his wife had just delivered was his.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

EC10 posted:

for some reason i doubt that Vincent Kompany, a black man, instantly knew that the white baby his wife had just delivered was his.

I think he probably did, because the baby's head resembles a wrecking ball just like his.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Or he's musing that Kompany is having feelings that those of us have kids that actually look like us don't.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Puseklepp posted:

I'd nominate Kinnear.

Wenger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
This was an awesome season and while I'm sad that Chelsea FC didn't win the title and bottled it beginning with a humiliating loss to CP in front of my best friend who is a Liverpool supporter, I was more than happy to return the favor.

• Locked thread