Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I'm still here. I have a name. :(

You have the Cruel and Unusual fate of being a Lions fan. I can't help but feel bad for you, especially after 2008, but I still want your team to burn in hell, especially since they've beat us twice in the last four years. And dear god you fucks have to suffer for that 40-10 rear end kicking last year.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Diggler
Sep 28, 2001

"Jack says you've got a great big cock."

Fenrir posted:

I don't know who you are, but you're totally welcome to pull up a seat next to that other guy and take as many hits off the pipe as you need :)

Spoiler: Packers gonna kill you.

Just like they did last year on Thanksgiving? Yeah, yeah Rodgers was out, don't think that would've made much difference.

Now at Lambeau, totally agree with you cause the Lions can't play there for poo poo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Diggler posted:

Just like they did last year on Thanksgiving? Yeah, yeah Rodgers was out, don't think that would've made much difference.

Now at Lambeau, totally agree with you cause the Lions can't play there for poo poo.

:laffo:

If you think Rodgers wouldn't have made a difference then all I can say to you is that you should get checked into the nearest mental health facility ASAP. Rodgers has never played a full game against the Lions and lost. Not once, ever.

You know what gently caress it. :toxx:

If Rodgers plays a whole game against the Lions this year and the Packers lose you can do whatever the gently caress you want with my avatar/text. Bring it on.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 11, 2014

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Wow Fenrir you are pretty intent on trolling NFC North fans

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lazerbeam posted:

Wow Fenrir you are pretty intent on trolling NFC North fans

Nah, just Lions fans. I've been trolling Lions fans for at least 20 years. Just can't get over it. I can't troll Bears fans because they've beat the gently caress out of us legit quite recently, same with Vikings fans. AD ran all the gently caress over us last year and his turds smelled better than our defense.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I was also confused by that. You really can't believe that Rodgers wouldn't have made a difference...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Packers offensive line was so god awful in that game I don't know if he would have won, it certainly would have been closer though.

Flynn could barely get out of a 3 step drop.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also AJ Hawk and John Kuhn are both future hall of famers, let's get that out of the way right now.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Packers offensive line was so god awful in that game I don't know if he would have won, it certainly would have been closer though.

Flynn could barely get out of a 3 step drop.

Yeah, it was really really loving bad. Rodgers is a lot more mobile and I think he'd have kept the ball away from the Lions more but that game, ugh. I'm not saying we'd have definitely won it but ugh.

I know for goddamn sure it wouldn't have been anywhere near 40-10 if Rodgers wasn't out.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also AJ Hawk and John Kuhn are both future hall of famers, let's get that out of the way right now.

Oh come the gently caress on, I never said anything that stupid.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
They lost by 30. You are a loving moron if you think Rodgers changes that

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
And then, the almighty Football Gods dealt those 2013 DET Lions a very, very, unforgettable bad hand.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

They lost by 30. You are a loving moron if you think Rodgers changes that

Then I guess I'm a loving moron. Are you loving serious? Maybe the Lions still win that game, but you really think it's going to be 40-10 when one of the best QBs in football plays as opposed to a fledgling backup who just came back from a NFL free agency tour? How much of what did you loving smoke?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Fenrir posted:

Then I guess I'm a loving moron. Are you loving serious? Maybe the Lions still win that game, but you really think it's going to be 40-10 when one of the best QBs in football plays as opposed to a fledgling backup who just came back from a NFL free agency tour? How much of what did you loving smoke?
The Packers gave up 40, their running game got nowhere and their offensive line was absolutely torn apart. You are suggesting that this game is now a tossup because of Rodgers. They probably put up more than 10, but then I don't think that's the part that people are complaining about.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
People who don't have a dog in this fight but still hate the goddamn Packers, raise your hand! :wave:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I love the Packers but this derail is stupid as gently caress.

Can we also talk about our UDFA's here?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The Lions still would have won because the Packers offensive line couldn't stop Eastern Michigan University's ultimate frisbee team from getting into the backfield.

Also props to Josh Sitton to running his mouth and then getting his poo poo kicked in for 4 quarters.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Darius Polk signed with the Colts, he had a questionable season but I think he could stick around for a while.

Eddie Lackey still unsigned. He's talking to teams though, hell of a player just undersized. Hope he can at least get a pretty decent special teams career.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
UDFA talk is here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633246&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

By definition, they aren't part of the draft.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That's what I figured, but it was more for including them grade-wise for the one-three players we've actually heard of.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Both Peyton and Brady have lost by 30 points before. It happens.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Dallas Cowboys: F for not picking JFF
Houston Texans: F for not picking Derek Carr, brother of Super Bowl Winning Quarterback David Carr

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Rodgers never has :smug:

...he's lost by 20 quite a few times though :(

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

anne frank fanfic posted:

Houston Texans: F for not picking Derek Carr, brother of Super Bowl Winning Quarterback David Carr

Well no one can deny that you've been very clear with what you wanted.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They've combined to have it happen six times, five to the AFC East.

Brady to the Bills by 31, Peyton to the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets, then the Jets again in the playoffs, then this year's Superbowl.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I will grade the Broncos draft because I am not sure if there are any other Bronies here

Rd 1, Pk 31: Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
I did not like this pick at first. It didn't help that ESPN showed a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups. But after reading up on him and checking out videos, I think I'm happy with the pick. If he can buckle down and refine his game (and make less stupid decisions), he will be a great corner. Hopefully he can learn a thing or two from Talib and Harris. Ideally he knocks Harris off the starting roster. Grade: B-

Note to self: Harris =/= DRC

Rd 2, Pk 24: Cody Latimer WR Indiana
Love this guy. He's huge and fast. He's basically a black Decker. Bouns: the Broncos traded up to get him but also got a 7th rounder out of it. Grade: A+

Rd 3, Pk 31: Michael Schofield OT Michigan
A depth signing for the weak line. I don't know much about him, but from the little I've read/seen, he has potential to be a great starter. He will have to compete and earn a spot but it's likely that he will get it. Grade: B

Rd 5, Pk 16, Lamin Barrow ILB LSU
Another need. Apparently he can play inside and outside. He is a depth signing for sure but will compete for the starting slot. My only complaint is that he seems a little small (6'1", 237 lbs). Grade: B-

Rd 6, Pk 31: Matt Paradis C Boise State
Former captain of his OL, big, fast, and quick to pick up on blitzes, etc. He'll probably have to compete for a starting position, but of all the draft picks, I think he's the most likely to actually get a permanent, non-injury related starting spot (except maybe Roby). Ramirez is old as hell, so I'm really rooting for Paradis. Great pick. (Side note: thanks TFF for getting me into the draft because I've never been excited about a center before). Grade: A

Rd 7, Pk 27: Corey Nelson LB Oklahoma
Depth signing. Missed most of last season due to a chest injury (torn pectoral) and wasn't invited to Pro Day. HOWEVER, the kid is very agile and has quickness. He's small for a linebacker (6'1", 226 lbs), but there's potential. He will definitely have to compete for a roster spot, but he's someone who could contribute a ton to defense if he's able to recover from his ~lost season~. Grade: C+

Overall grade: B

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 12, 2014

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Grittybeard posted:

I missed drafted in this sentence at first and was about to get all mad.

What happened to Jimmy Smith between 1992 and 1995 anyway now that I have his pfr page up? He played a little as a rookie and then nothing until Jacksonville.

Broke his leg in 1992, emergency appendectomy in 1993, cut by Dallas before 1994, picked up and cut by Philly before that season began.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

old dog child posted:

I will grade the Broncos draft because I am not sure if there are any other Bronies here

Rd 1, Pk 31: Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
I did not like this pick at first. It didn't help that ESPN showed a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups. But after reading up on him and checking out videos, I think I'm happy with the pick. If he can buckle down and refine his game (and make less stupid decisions), he will be a great corner. Hopefully he can learn a thing or two from Talib. Ideally he knocks Harris off the starting roster. Grade: B-

Isn't Chris Harris like the best slot corner in the league

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shiksa posted:

Rd 1 2nd overall - Robert Griffin III I'm happy with him, seems a bit injury prone, but hopefully pro S&C coaches will help him out in that regard.

I like where your head's at, buuuuut he wasn't picked this year. It'll be ok. :sympathy:

Skins

Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford: Tweener white dude with A Motor, had great production as Stanford's only pass rush threat; will come in nickel and dime packages. FO trying to start finding pass rushers now before Orakpo walks. Picked too early but I get the reasoning. C+

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia: Great value for a big need. Many had him projected as a late 1st/early 2nd talent which means getting him in the 3rd RT has been a revolving door for years on this team and hopefully he fills the void. A

Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska: OL is a big need and he looks the part. History of injuries is a big concern so this is a gamble on ability. As long as he's bigger than 290 lbs I'm sold (looking at you, Lichensteiger). C+

Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson: Best name of this team's class. Has ability but is still raw. Tracy Porter was signed for depth behind Hall and Amerson so I doubt he'll be expected to be a day 1 starter. B

Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane: Will compete for the 4th/5th WR slot. Leonard Hankerson hasn't shown much and Aldrick Robinson's only real role is to run Run Real Fast routes a few times a game. C-

Lache Seatruck, RB, Baylor: Another awesome name. Very productive as a runner, but wasn't asked to do ANY receiving out of the backfield. Roy Helu is the incumbent 3rd down/change of pace of backfield so I'm guessing this is to kick the tires and add depth. B

Ted Bolser, TE, Indiana: Jordan Reed is a hybrid TE, Logan Paulsen is a blocking TE, so this is their attempt to find a more traditional TE. Meh. C

Zach Hocker, K, Arkansas: Cool a kicker who you could've signed as a free agent. F

Overall: C

No 1st rounder, but Bruce Allen's first draft has some sensible picks and good value in the mid rounds. If a couple of these dudes can turn into respectable starters I'll be content.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 12, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

anne frank fanfic posted:

I just wanted Clown Carr. Was that so wrong? :smith:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pron on VHS posted:

Isn't Chris Harris like the best slot corner in the league

He is definitely up there. I was going from memory when I typed that and confused DRC with him. Oops.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

rebel1608 posted:

Fiedorowicz - D
A reach for a player that we could have found later, and doesn't really fit an obvious need.

We needed a 'Y' Tight End and Fiedorowicz is the #1 blocking TE in the draft and had a 2nd-3rd round grade, so the reality of the situation is exactly the opposite of what you're saying here. :v:

gohuskies posted:

Compares very favorably to ASJ? ASJ hauled in 146 receptions for 1,840 yards and 21 TDs in three years. CJ got 91 catches for 899 yards and 10 TDs in four years and actually got benched at one point this past season because his backup was doing better in practice.

I'm talking about projection, not production, especially considering that Iowa has a very conservative, run-based offense. Look at CJ's measureables and compare them to ASJ's and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

commy gun posted:

I like where your head's at, buuuuut he wasn't picked this year. It'll be ok. :sympathy:

Pretty sure he was alluding to the fact that this year's first round pick was spend on him, hth :shobon:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bhsman posted:

We needed a 'Y' Tight End and Fiedorowicz is the #1 blocking TE in the draft and had a 2nd-3rd round grade, so the reality of the situation is exactly the opposite of what you're saying here. :v:

I'm talking about projection, not production, especially considering that Iowa has a very conservative, run-based offense. Look at CJ's measureables and compare them to ASJ's and you'll see what I'm talking about.

CJ is not a bad prospect and probably fine to draft in the early 3rd but he is nothing like Jenkins and the comparison is silly.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

The Puppy Bowl posted:

CJ is not a bad prospect and probably fine to draft in the early 3rd but he is nothing like Jenkins and the comparison is silly.

They're both 6'5", 260+ pounds, and run in the 4.7 range, et cetera. What's silly about the comparison?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals draft:

The Bengals haven't had a weak draft in like 4 years so I trust 'em.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals draft:

The Bengals haven't had a weak draft in like 4 years so I trust 'em.

They don't take No for an answer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

They don't take No for an answer

oh i get it

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TG-Chrono posted:

The Bills were Jekyll and Hyde this weekend, making both really good picks and downright confusing ones.
Overall here are the trades they made with the draft.

So you basically swap Stevie Johnson for Bryce Brown. I can wear that now we have depth at WR. Stevie is a cool personality but hasn't gelled particularly well with the new front office or coaching staff. Giving up next years 1st rounder for Sammy Watkins is a bit of a wtf move, but if you think you can win now and really want a player, best have some conviction I guess.

Round 1, Pick 4 (From Browns) - Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
Considered the most explosive receiver in the draft and, by many, the best receiver prospect to come into the league since the 2011 duo of A.J. Green and Julio Jones, Watkins walks into Buffalo as the team's No. 1 receiving target. Seems like a really high character player and knows the knocks on him, basically getting screens from Tajh Boyd all the time. Great player, just hope he's worth the high price.

Round 2, Pick 12 (44) (From Rams) - Cyrus Kouandjio OT Bama
This dude looked pissed as all hell that he fell to the 2nd round. Did an MCL and ACL 2 years ago which was apparently a big enough flag for him to fall to day 2. Should be a day 1 starter at RT which was a real need, just hope his knee holds up. Picked him up after trading down a few spots.

Round 3, Pick 9 (73) - Preston Brown ILB Louisville
Seems to be a Spikes clone, run stuffing LB to help add depth to a pretty good group right now. Should contribute on special teams right away.

Round 4, Pick 9 (109) - Ross Cockrell CB Duke
Cockrell fits the template for what the Bills like in defensive backs: big and tough, and he adds ball skills and strong character to the equation, as well. He adds much-needed size and depth to the Bills' cornerback corps, could project to safety over the long haul as well.

Round 5, Pick 13 (153) (From Rams) - Cyril Richardson OG Baylor
Slid in the draft thanks to a bad week at the Senior Bowl and questions about his work ethic and consistency. At 6'5", 329-pound he is a powerful run blocker that is a potential long-term starter if he reaches his full potential. It is not out of the question that he can push for a starting job in Buffalo as a rookie.

Round 7, Pick 6 (221) (From Buccaneers) - Randell Johnson OLB Florida Atlantic
Camp body

Round 7, Pick 22 (237) (From Eagles) - Seantrel Henderson OT Miami
Can't drive. Weed dude. Failed drug test at the combine, so real dumb. Quit his pro day before finishing, apparently dehydrated. Worth a 7th round flyer for the talent he has though.

Overall, added a lot of good depth to the O-Line, even if they all have a concern, added an absolute weapon for EJ in Watkins, put in some good depth pieces on the D but gave away some future draft assets too cheaply: 7/10
Yeah, this is pretty good, I have little to add.
I'm a little edgy about them going into "win now" mode with a 2nd-year quarterback. And that's exactly what we're doing: placing a lot of chips on breaking out of mediocrity next year. Though I appreciate the sentiment and the sheer bravado behind it, I do think it will ultimately prove overly-optimistic. Even aside from E.J., a lot of key pieces on the offense especially are inexperienced or somewhat shaky bets. I don't think they'll all pan out, and we have a huge question mark in the defensive backfield next to Aaron Williams.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Uh is it just me or did they give up 2 2015 4rth round picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Because of the rape

• Locked thread