Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

jooky posted:

why in the world would you believe transfer rumors immediately after the season ends

because The Press Knows

[quote]they're a bunch of cunts[/url]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mynameisjohn posted:

loving how Rio's acting like it's his decision.

this is a real choc ice move

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Rio's off to QPR, him and 'arry merking it up with brown envelopes.

Southampton are gonna bend United over the barrel, they know united are desperate and its extortion time, repeat for every other transfer target this summer :twisted:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Taff posted:

Its a pity he's such a oval office because at his peak he was probably one of the best around.

No probably about it IMO, I'd confidently say Vidic and Rio at their peak were the best central defence partnership around. Together with van der Sar they were the backbone of the best defence in Europe, IMO.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Someone post van der sar smugface.gif

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Liverpool fans' and indeed Steven Gerald's crushing disappointment at pitiful failure can't compare to my existential despair from never getting a flying KILL YOURSELF MOYES banner. goodbye cruel world

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Telegraph are reporting that Pardew is keeping his job, will have £60m to spend and Newcastle will announce a few signings in the next couple of days, with all transfers done before the world cup. Please be true

Edit: Seems the club have already officially denied the transfer budget but that would make sense since it would just raise the prices for players

Jose fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 13, 2014

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I love that Mourinho is back to just spending big on players that happen to share the same agent as him.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

The Telegraph are reporting that Pardew is keeping his job, will have £60m to spend and Newcastle will announce a few signings in the next couple of days, with all transfers done before the world cup. Please be true

Edit: Seems the club have already officially denied the transfer budget but that would make sense since it would just raise the prices for players

£60m is a decent amount given what Carr has found us in the past. I'd be amazed if we had a few new players before the world cup, let alone a few days.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kcer posted:

£60m is a decent amount given what Carr has found us in the past. I'd be amazed if we had a few new players before the world cup, let alone a few days.

I'm assuming £60m would be after sales. The Journal are also saying that Newcastle are trying to get business done really quick. Remember the Cabaye signing was announced really early too

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

It must suck for Chelsea supporters knowing that no matter who they sign Mourinho will still have them playing awful football

actually it owns knowing that however well we play people will get mad about Mourinho

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Jose posted:

I'm assuming £60m would be after sales. The Journal are also saying that Newcastle are trying to get business done really quick. Remember the Cabaye signing was announced really early too

If we can get a decent squad put together and get some pre-season training together, I'd be over the moon.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Barry Shitpeas posted:

actually it owns knowing that however well we play people will get mad about Mourinho

Mourinho is a piece of poo poo but I actually care more about my own team rather than if my manager annoys people. Guess this is why Chelsea will always be smalltime.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Filthee Fingas posted:

If we can get a decent squad put together and get some pre-season training together, I'd be over the moon.

Its the easiest thing they could do to get supporters onside after last season. Just so long as its not Andros Townsend

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Mourinho is a piece of poo poo but I actually care more about my own team rather than if my manager annoys people. Guess this is why Chelsea will always be smalltime.

*posts 1000 words and code tags about the Rogers system*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kcer posted:

£60m is an obscene amount of money. It's not just 'decent'.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

sassassin posted:

Given that we'll be losing/selling/releasing De Jong, Remy, Ameobi, Jonas, Gosling, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Obertan, Taylor and a load of youth players, it's not exactly a huge sum of money when you factor in that we still haven't replaced Ba or Cabaye.

It's also probably bullshit and I don't think we'll spend anything close to £60m

e: it is a large sum of money, but we could potentially be replacing a lot of players is what I mean. Gomis on a free would be a good start, but I'd imagine a player like Cabella would be at least £10m, so that's a fair chunk gone already.

kcer fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 13, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Between the TV money going up and not actually spending any money at all last season it wouldn't be that outrageous when you include Cabaye's sale and whoever we ship off this summer too. Not that we'll end up spending £60m though but we need to sign like 6 players

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sassassin posted:

You could get approximately 1.5 Mesut Özils for that. Not bad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
30 Michus

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
6,000,000 Marvin Emnes

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Liverpool fans are the Mourinhos of every online community.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

hadji murad posted:

Liverpool fans are the Mourinhos of every online community.

ynwa fever spreads throughout the globe and makes mad plastics think they are part of a community

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Sky Sports News are saying Sherwood has been sacked by Tottenham.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Modus Trollens posted:

*posts 1000 words and code tags about the Rogers system*

You post much more about Liverpool than any other club, I'm not even sure who you support.

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
6 jozys

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ilyich posted:

BBC concurs

quote:

"We agreed an 18-month contract with a break clause at the end of the season and we have now exercised that option," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
At least Spurs are realizing their dreams of being like Chelsea in one department.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
At least now the nightmare is over for Spurs fans, I can't imagine how it must have been, winning all those games.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Tim Westwood to take over.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

He'd have been given a contract extension if his name had been Sherwoodici.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Norwich's move for Big Tim is clearly imminent, as I accurately predicted weeks ago.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

Norwich's move for Big Tim is clearly imminent, as I accurately predicted weeks ago.

I hope so, the bookies think he's off to Brighton though

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
lol at spurs sacking the best up-and-coming British manager!!

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Maybe the new manager will pay eriksen as a number ten

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Even if he'd won the league they would have had to sack him with all the ridiculous poo poo he's been saying whenever someone has put a microphone in front of him. It's been a while since someone in professional football has needed a PR coach that badly. Is Jozys guy available?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ilyich posted:

Agent Tim, mission accomplished

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Mash posted:

Even if he'd won the league they would have had to sack him with all the ridiculous poo poo he's been saying whenever someone has put a microphone in front of him. It's been a while since someone in professional football has needed a PR coach that badly. Is Jozys guy available?

How quickly you forget Joe Kinnear

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
How many more "poo poo managers" before someone questions the competence of Levy?

Edit : To clarify. AVB's spergocalypse, Sherwood's tantrums, Redknapp's England distraction could all be said to be not Levy's fault, however as a Chairman if the only tool in your box is sacking the manager then you're kind of a lovely chairman.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

DickEmery posted:

How many more "poo poo managers" before someone questions the competence of Levy?

It's bizarre that he's somehow never held accountable for anything there IMO

• Locked thread