Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BougieBitch posted:

um, try bath salts. Pot would be a lot more forgivable.

Yeah the bath salts/pot arrest coupled with his lackluster play for Purifoy, but Roberson seems to be some weird case. I googled it and the only hit I can see on him was that he might have been yelled at for trying to sneak a girl into his room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Michael Sam wearing number 96 is kind of funny.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
as an extremely funny person its actually insulting for you to call that kind of funny.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rap posted:

as an extremely funny person its actually insulting for you to call that kind of funny.

Come on he's clearly referencing Cleveland's Hit Music Station 96.5, Kiss FM.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I want to leave the draft on in the background while i cook,clean and play video games this weekend bc I was out of town for my gfs graduation and only got to watch the first round....of espns coverage. Which fuckin blew. I also like to hear them discuss the picks and stuff.

So the answer is no?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

Just turn on ESPN and wait a bit, you will see he and that twink swapping cake at some point within the next 15 minutes (which is awesome, good job, Michael Sam)

Dan Snyder's new Washington football team nickname spotted.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 13, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'll give you a recap

Johnny football

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Ehud posted:

Johnny football
*loving

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Will someone post *stats* to tell me who is better between Patrick Peterson and Sherman?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bewbies posted:

Will someone post *stats* to tell me who is better between Patrick Peterson and Sherman?

Sure

Sherman: 1 ring
Peterson: 0 rings

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Revis.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Intruder posted:

Sure

Sherman: 1 ring
Peterson: 0 rings

Along these lines
Trent Dilfer: 1 Ring
Dan Marino: 0 Rings

Eli Manning: 2 Rings
Peyton Manning: 1 Ring

:smuggo:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Sataere posted:

Don't you know there are children reading these forums!

Can we change this month's thread title to this or make it the title of next months? Please?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Waroduce posted:

Along these lines

im glad we can all agree on this now, peyton has been riding his name for far to long

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Waroduce posted:

Along these lines

You're god drat right

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Poor Coleman's knee injury caused him to drop out of the draft and I have no clue why Purifoy and Roberson didn't get drafted. Guess it was the pot smoking and lovely playing last year for Purifoy, but no clue on Roberson. I thought he was a legit 2nd round talent.

Proof that they're both objectively inferior to almost-3rd-round-pick Jaylen Watkins, obviously

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rap posted:

Funny haha

Funny like a clown

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
God dammit I was serious.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

bewbies posted:

So was Intruder

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

Do you want to know who was a better pick or who is a better player? Because Sherman was a better pick by a country mile

e: Hm for some reason I thought you had the word "pick" in your post but apparently you didn't now that I go back and reread. Also RINGZ

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Patrick Peterson wants more money than Richard Sherman. Someone better at football knowledge tell me whether he deserves it or not

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bewbies posted:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/13/analysis-notebook-week-10-3/

@SI_DougFarrar
2013: Peterson: 90 targets, 49 rec. 688 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INT, 91.3 QB rating.
Sherman: 58 targets, 30 rec. 421 yards, 2 TD, 8 INT, 47.3 QBr.

@PFF_Sam
Peterson plays like Sherman/Revis every so often. They do it every week. Talent, he's there. Consistency, he isn't.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Patrick Peterson wants more money than Richard Sherman. Someone better at football knowledge tell me whether he deserves it or not

Patrick Peterson is a quadruple-threat player so he deserves the most money geaux tigers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think at some point as a fan you have to ask yourself: Would you rather the team you're a fan of have Trent Dilfer at QB and win a Superbowl or Dan Marino at QB and win jack poo poo?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Counterpoint : Tom Brady

e:

Is this Dilfer talk really real??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What has Tom Brady won since becoming an "elite" quarterback with huge stats? :getin:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I think at some point as a fan you have to ask yourself: Would you rather the team you're a fan of have Trent Dilfer at QB and win a Superbowl or Dan Marino at QB and win jack poo poo?

I'd rather have Jim Kellaaahahaha just kidding gently caress that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

@SI_DougFarrar

@PFF_Sam
Peterson plays like Sherman/Revis every so often. They do it every week. Talent, he's there. Consistency, he isn't.

The cool thing about Sherman is he isn't a Nnamdi type that just wants to cut off his side of the field. He actively baits QBs all game long which explains his target rate and INT total despite being a "shut down" corner.

Also Peterson is the return man for the Cardinals so I can excuse some of it if he wants to get paid more.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ozu posted:

@SI_DougFarrar

@PFF_Sam

I honestly don't know what league average is but that doesn't seem like a particularly great stat line for Peterson.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bewbies posted:

Here's a comprehensive stat and all you need:

(Crabtree destroys Peterson for some reason)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh poo poo.

@MikeGarafolo
Haden deal is worth $58 million over a 5-year extension. As @ProFootballTalk said: $45 million in total guarantees.

@MikeGarafolo
Check that - even more dough for Joe Haden. Deal is worth $68 million over 5. Typo from source in text.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 13, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ozu posted:

Oh poo poo.

@MikeGarafolo
Haden deal is worth $58 million over a 5-year extension. As @ProFootballTalk said: $45 million in total guarantees.

@MikeGarafolo
Check that - even more dough for Joe Haden. Deal is worth $68 million over 5. Typo from source in text.

:drat:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy gently caress. Thank God the Niners don't have any halfway decent CBs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That was going to be josh Gordon's money.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Joe Haden owns

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol good luck Cardinals

quote:

@RealPeterson21
45!!!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo go joe Haden.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Holy poo poo Joe Haden got paid.

I'm just glad we have him set for the next bunch of years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In less happy news, looks like Greg Hardy just got arrested for domestic violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

huh

so that's why we drafted Kony

• Locked thread