Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Der Shovel posted:

Didn't the oval office run unopposed last time with the excuse that it was his last go?

No, he blackmailed his opponent who promptly retired from FIFA and then pretty openly bribed everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hegay posted:

I hope Sepp Blatter dies soon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spangly A posted:

No, he blackmailed his opponent who promptly retired from FIFA and then pretty openly bribed everyone.

Then he banned his opponent for life, for bribing people to vote for him.

You couldn't make this poo poo up.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

You know Chris Rock used to do that bit about how there would never be a black vice president, because a black guy would just kill the president and then go to jail where all the other black guys inside would treat him like a king?

There are probably lots of football fans in jail is what I'm saying.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Spangly A posted:

I distinctly remember hearing the "I need to finish my mission" bullshit before so maybe it was the election before the last?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Just 1 more term is like when I tell someone that I'll be done with something in 2 weeks.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sepp is a drunken prom date who starts out promising just the tip but by the time you know what's happening he's shouting "ONE MORE TERM! ONE MORE TERM!" over and over again.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Der Shovel posted:

I distinctly remember hearing the "I need to finish my mission" bullshit before so maybe it was the election before the last?

Has Sepp ever said anything about the contents of this mission? If it's trying to ruin the game, he's doing a pretty good job.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

loving knew it.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sports/summer/football/12308-blatter-promises-to-stand-down-after-one-more-term-as-fifa-president

quote:

"You know I aspire to another four years," he told the UEFA Congress in the French capital.

"These will be the last four years for which I stand as candidate."

From 2011.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

He meant 2011, 2015, 2019, & 2023

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Jerome Champagne, the most Haraam name in football, has said he might strip Qatar of the hosting if elected:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625217/French-FIFA-candidate-threatens-strip-Qatar-2022-World-Cup-succeeds-Blatter.html

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

corpuscollossus posted:

Jerome Champagne, the most Haraam name in football, has said he might strip Qatar of the hosting if elected:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625217/French-FIFA-candidate-threatens-strip-Qatar-2022-World-Cup-succeeds-Blatter.html

Between him and Tokyo Sexwhale you have to wonder if Sepp is just making up names and giving them to his puppets.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Between him and Tokyo Sexwhale you have to wonder if Sepp is just making up names and giving them to his puppets.

There's no Sexwale in the Champagne room.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

corpuscollossus posted:

quote:

Champagne knows FIFA inside out and is campaigning on an agenda of radical reform

Well, if that's not a sure fire way to lose the election, I don't know what is. The only people who don't see the need for reform are the people voting.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

corpuscollossus posted:

You guys are missing the point so far. This is an excellent thing for FIFA because no one is going to make them give back the Qatar bribe money, so they can hold a new round of bribery to decide who gets to actually host the 2022 World Cup and get twice as rich.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

Tokyo Sexwhale is my favourite name ever

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
At this point Blatter knows that if he was to ever leave office, his successor will just utterly ream him for all the corrupt poo poo hes done purely to cement their position.

He knows he needs to leave that office in a coffin or he'll be in prison.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I thought Tokyo Sexwhale was someone's username but it's actually a real name for a real person.

serious gaylord posted:

At this point Blatter knows that if he was to ever leave office, his successor will just utterly ream him for all the corrupt poo poo hes done purely to cement their position.

He knows he needs to leave that office in a coffin or he'll be in prison.

"Bury me with football"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Kurtofan posted:

"Bury me with football"

He should have been dead years ago. Or buried, at least.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm not joking there. I literally think that he's refusing to leave office because he knows with all the shady poo poo he's done, he'd spend the rest of his life in prison after his successor goes on a crusade to clean up Fifa and uses him as the scapegoat for decades of fraud and mismanagement.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

I'm not joking there. I literally think that he's refusing to leave office because he knows with all the shady poo poo he's done, he'd spend the rest of his life in prison after his successor goes on a crusade to clean up Fifa and uses him as the scapegoat for decades of fraud and mismanagement.

I completely agree. If he loses it's going to be to someone promising radical change and that means the blatter clan goes down as a scapegoat for everything FIFA's done so he's not leaving the post alive if he can help it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I completely agree. If he loses it's going to be to someone promising radical change and that means the blatter clan goes down as a scapegoat for everything FIFA's done so he's not leaving the post alive if he can help it.

I imagine it'd take his entire family down with him too. The shady business contracts hes gifted to sons, nephews and what not.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I think it's also the fact that he has his fingers in so many pies nobody who follows him will be able to match it and all the old cunts think their free money will dry up as soon as he's gone.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would like to think in 30 years or so it will have all come out about how this was one of Footballs darkest periods and we look back and wonder how he was able to get away with it so blatantly.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

serious gaylord posted:

I would like to think in 30 years or so it will have all come out about how this was one of Footballs darkest periods and we look back and wonder how he was able to get away with it so blatantly.

If we are living in "one of footballs darkest periods" then football has had it pretty loving good.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

serious gaylord posted:

This is very plausible.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

I imagine it'd take his entire family down with him too. The shady business contracts hes gifted to sons, nephews and what not.

IIRC his son runs all the hotels in wherever the world cup happens. Not quite as bad as Qatar getting the world cup and Platini's son totally getting a CXX job with a Qatari money pit on merit.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

serious gaylord posted:

Like Jimmy Saville

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

Like Jimmy Saville

He has a special room in a mental hospital where he takes bribes?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Blatter really wants a Nobel Peace Prize. That's why hes sticking around..

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Well Sepp's predecessor Joao Havelange was at least as corrupt and shady Blatter and he seems to have lived pretty comfortably for the last few decades. If I remember correctly he is over one hundred years old and immensely wealthy. It's true, the worst ones never die young.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagine having a job at FIFA. Just imagine how great your life would be

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Fanny on tap.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah I just deposited 50 million quid into my own bank account, incidentally the next 3 world cups are going to be held in bahrain and the local sheik and his mates are allowed to be in it and have an automatic bye to the final. What's going to happen. That's right, nothing.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I imagine a ceaseless commitment to developing the world's most popular sport at all levels it is played at can take its toll, emotionally .

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Fanny on Tap.

and I thought Sexwale was a silly name

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Reset Smith posted:

Well Sepp's predecessor Joao Havelange was at least as corrupt and shady Blatter and he seems to have lived pretty comfortably for the last few decades. If I remember correctly he is over one hundred years old and immensely wealthy. It's true, the worst ones never die young.

His granddaughter (Joana Havelange) makes like one million dollars a year as the head the world cup organizing committee (a position she got back in 2007). That is despite the fact that she has no clear function in the committee, and spent almost the entirety of the run up to the confederations cup last year twitting pictures of her at last year's Coachella and other parties in California.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Imagine having a job at FIFA. Just imagine how great your life would be

I remember reading an article a few years ago by a guy that used to work at CONCACAF, where he said that Chuck Blazer (former bigwig at CONCACAF and FIFA, now under FBI investigation for fraud relating to his tenure at both organizations) would usually take them all out to Scores, which was a very high-end strip club in Manhattan, to watch matches and pay for it with a CONCACAF-issued Amex Black Card, which is the one they give out to only the highest of rollers.

e: the article in question is this-- http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/12/27/Now-Is-The-Time.aspx

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Changes to the Kafala system are to be announced in a press conference this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Result of the press conference: Things will definitely change from the Kafala system to a new system that we call something else as soon as we get the committee to submit their recommendations to the cabinet for approval. Deadline to be confirmed.

I'm fuckd