Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Compared to the posters for the first two, this cover is a bit too Direct To Video looking, but I guess it's fine.

All V/H/S posters suck compared to the one I have :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

"VISIONARY DIRECTOR" is getting thrown around a lot lately...

I wonder if it's a contractual point nowadays.

"Okay I'll give up two points on sales to airlines, but you have to call my client a visionary."

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

axleblaze posted:

All V/H/S posters suck compared to the one I have :colbert:

I still wish you'd check to see what's on that. I know why you don't, but mannn.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Compared to the posters for the first two, this cover is a bit too Direct To Video looking, but I guess it's fine.

The font on VHS is so flat.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

"viral"???? A movie about vhs and they subtitle it "viral"? Viral videos were not even POSSIBLE until years after VHS. Might as well have called it SCARY YOUTUBE THE FILM or something :mad:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I Before E posted:

To be fair, when I look at anyone, I think "I wish this person was Ludacris instead". Because it's Luda.

He was wasted on that movie.

Actually everything in that movie was wasted on that movie.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

and you know what, I like it when they do that, because it really pisses off nerds AND is social conscious of them, which is rare for hollywood.

Socially conscious is a very kind term for tokenism.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rita Repulsa posted:

"viral"???? A movie about vhs and they subtitle it "viral"? Viral videos were not even POSSIBLE until years after VHS. Might as well have called it SCARY YOUTUBE THE FILM or something :mad:

Untrue. While they didn't have the mainstream appeal that viral vids do today, there was a whole weirdo subculture that existed to trade VHS tapes back in the 80's and early 90's. Guys on BBS's and zine subscribers would offer "This tape of some dude Bud Dwyer offing himself!" or even just basic stuff like "Best of Carson MasterMIX!".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I have seen that movie at least 3 times. I don't know when, I don't know where, I don't know how, I don't remember any part of it... But this is what I know.

Maybe the shittiest alien abduction ever.

This would've been more terrifying than the Alien Abduction found footage film.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, I guess. Ludacris isn't a terrible actor or anything,

Well he ain't a great one. Though he does have a SAG award so what the hell do I know.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Untrue. While they didn't have the mainstream appeal that viral vids do today, there was a whole weirdo subculture that existed to trade VHS tapes back in the 80's and early 90's. Guys on BBS's and zine subscribers would offer "This tape of some dude Bud Dwyer offing himself!" or even just basic stuff like "Best of Carson MasterMIX!".

The Underground Tape Railroad sketch from Mr. Show speaks the truth. Before Youtube, you had nth-generation copies of various videos floating around and the way you would get them is from friend-of-a-friend or being part of some sort of tape-trading circle, like those trading foreign television shows, science fiction clubs, and early anime fandubbing circles.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yessssssssssssssssss. V/H/S 1/2 were both loving rad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rita Repulsa posted:

All of the VHS films have zero commitment to the VHS format. I think only Ti West's part sort of fits.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

All of the VHS films have zero commitment to the VHS format. I think only Ti West's part sort of fits.

The haunted house one at the end of the first one uses VHS cameras (well, the characters do at least)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The haunted house one at the end of the first one uses VHS cameras (well, the characters do at least)

Yeah, but the first one also has a bit about Skype. VHS is a name and a rough aesthetic, don't focus too much on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The frame story is supposed to be about getting VHS tapes from people's houses, which all the different segments are supposed to have been recorded on, but then yeah, there's the Skype segment and you have to wonder who the gently caress would record a Skype session on a VHS tape.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I still wish you'd check to see what's on that. I know why you don't, but mannn.

It's the real ring movie.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The frame story is supposed to be about getting VHS tapes from people's houses, which all the different segments are supposed to have been recorded on, but then yeah, there's the Skype segment and you have to wonder who the gently caress would record a Skype session on a VHS tape.

I kind of like it. It makes the weird VHS cabal in the films that much weirder.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

I'm still scratching my head over the casting of Ludacris as Jim Bravura.

Jim Bravura in the games:

and you know what, I like it when they do that, because it really pisses off nerds AND is social conscious of them, which is rare for hollywood.
Or maybe it's got nothing to do with race and it's just really odd to cast a thirty year old (most know for being the little funny guy in Fast Five) to play an old police chief dude?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Ludacris is cool though

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VagueRant posted:

Or maybe it's got nothing to do with race and it's just really odd to cast a thirty year old (most know for being the little funny guy in Fast Five) to play an old police chief dude?

It's almost as if the movie is a separate entity from the game, and is allowed to change things to make it better/make it more cinematic/involve goddamn Ludacris.

edit: I am of the opinion that more movies need to cast rappers in roles, because they do a surprisingly good job a lot of the time. See: Eminem in 8 Mile, Ludacris in pretty much every movie he's in, Andre 3000's entire existence, Belly.

edit 2: And especially Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I thought even in that one the main recording device was supposed to be a small Nanny Cam in the guys costume to make it more genuine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's Grimlock getting his own appropriately huge banner.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Teaser for next year's scottish play:

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

Yoshifan823 posted:

It's almost as if the movie is a separate entity from the game, and is allowed to change things to make it better/make it more cinematic/involve goddamn Ludacris.

edit: I am of the opinion that more movies need to cast rappers in roles, because they do a surprisingly good job a lot of the time. See: Eminem in 8 Mile, Ludacris in pretty much every movie he's in, Andre 3000's entire existence, Belly.

Gucci Mane's performance in Spring Breakers is sublime. Helps that he's essentially playing a caricature of himself, but it's still drat good.

Meatwave posted:

YESSSSSS. We need more of those traditional big, hammy, scenery-chewing Shakespeare adaptations these days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I remember Mos Def being pretty good in Hitchhiker's Guide.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Meatwave posted:

Is this an actual movie, or a poster for a play like that Of Mice & Men poster? Because if this is just a play and I will never get to see Fassbender in my favorite Shakespeare work, I'll be very sad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Is this an actual movie, or a poster for a play like that Of Mice & Men poster? Because if this is just a play and I will never get to see Fassbender in my favorite Shakespeare work, I'll be very sad.

It's an actual movie, and the director was hired to direct Fassbender again in an Assassin's Creed movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The MSJ posted:

It's an actual movie, and the director was hired to direct Fassbender again in an Assassin's Creed movie.

I hope that this IS the Assassin's Creed movie. MacBeth is an ancestor of Desmond and the whole thing takes place in the animus.

But for real, this is awesome. I'm very excited for this.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Meatwave posted:

The reference to the King's Speech at the bottom doesn't inspire confidence.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

effectual posted:

MacBeth is a king and makes several speeches, I don't see what the problem is. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

effectual posted:

A Porky Pig soliloquy would be pretty hilarious actually so I'm in!

"To be or not to be, that is the qu-qu-qu---uh'b'd'uh-uh-uh that is the dilly of a pickle I'm in right now."

Lobok fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 14, 2014

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm fine with this, as long as we get older white actors in roles that would otherwise go to rappers. Because, you know, there's no white history month.

Patrick Stewart: Bitch took my loving skull.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

effectual posted:

One of the best movie version of the Scottish play was From the Producer of Playboy Bunnies of the year 1970.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yoshifan823 posted:

Method man was loving the poo poo in the Wire

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Just reshoot old movies and shove rappers in them.

Ocean's Eleven starring Wu-Tang Clan
Dumb and Dumber starring Outkast
Terminator starring Kanye West
etc

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Halloween starring Busta Rhymes.

Oh wait

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Jurassic Park with 50 Cent as Dr. Grant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Attitude Indicator posted:

Terminator starring Kanye West

What idiot suggests this and not Citizen Kanye?