Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bauxite posted:

I guess we'll find out, but seeing what the common denominator pubbie that is excited for wildstar is like really doesn't jive with that.

Also I'm not in it to grief anyone who's leveling, so it's basically just a big bother with no real benefit to me.

I haven't seen anything in Wilstar to suggest it's any worse than WoW pubbies. I very rarely gank to grief but nothing breaks up collecting bear asses like some guy trying to murder you then you murdering him instead.

I'd figure the possible minor inconvenience of being ganked a few times is worth having a bigger guild but I'm sure there will be spinoffs on the other servers if it really isn't your flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

That FranBunny thread looked like it turned into a mini-helldump.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

dreffen posted:

That FranBunny thread looked like it turned into a mini-helldump.

It started out with the OP being super whiny about their totally original name but christ that got awful really fast. Why would you post your picture on the Wildstar forums of all places?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
So someone found the most amazing cosmetic hat, ever, and wore it with so much style.

Don't be afraid, he just wants a hug.

In our shenanigans messing around with emotes and Winter's incredibly silly hat, I also found out that the Chua /salute emote is just as wonderful as their /bow emote.

There's just so many good things about this game I love it. :3:

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

a cat on an apple posted:

So someone found the most amazing cosmetic hat, ever, and wore it with so much style.

In case anyone was wondering, the hat SPEAKS to you while you wear it. Flavor text + read my chat window to see some of the stuff it actually talks to you about.

Also I got to experience the new level 25 Adventure today and I'm not really sure if this is how you're supposed to clear the final totem. This screenshot doesn't do justice at how many npcs I had on my screen at the time. It's a pretty cool mix of Domination (There are multiple flags points you need to cap), PvPish, and some DOTA/LoL (bosses can be killed in there for buffs).

Monster Mash fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 14, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Smith Comma John posted:

It started out with the OP being super whiny about their totally original name but christ that got awful really fast. Why would you post your picture on the Wildstar forums of all places?

I'm actually really surprised it hasn't been closed yet. As far as why would you post your picture on an MMO forum? I dunno, to get laid.

That's the only thing I can think of.

e: My original reason was to brag about being good looking or something but that is clearly not the case here.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
That FranBunny person is ridiculously pathetic and I am glad that someone made them unhappy by taking their precious character name.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Well that's apparently not even the case because...

FranBunnyFFXII posted:

It's all good yall.

This is actually a really cool opportunity given to me. I get a chance to play unabated and unhindered by the ghosts of my past.
New lease on life for a new game I plan on sinking the rest of my short life into.(I've got muscle and health problems that are compounded and will more than likely take my life within the next 3~7 years.)
A chance at peace in my last years, in a game I've been waiting for since I was 13 years old?
I have to say thank you for taking my previous name, and giving me a new opportunity. This is a blessing in disguise now that I think about it.
Thank you.

I got an awesome name in the end. Inspired by a character that I absolutely LOVE and adore.(Hint, she's a charismatic female with history of sexual assult aka she's an attempted rapist.)

What the gently caress? I don't even...

Anyways from the little that I have gotten to play, I am really enjoying this game. Now I just wish I actually had money to pay for it haha.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Lunimeow posted:

Well that's apparently not even the case because...

What the gently caress? I don't even...

Anyways from the little that I have gotten to play, I am really enjoying this game. Now I just wish I actually had money to pay for it haha.

I wish I could believe this person was just the worst troll ever.

e: Like, seriously, unhindered by the ghosts of their past? What could ever be so life-shatteringly dramatic that you feel the obtuse necessity to take on a specific, non-serious name as some sort of intentional punishment of your life? How is it that you are incapable of finding your own way to shed this INTERNET PERSONA which is like literally the easiest thing to just change your name in.

:psyduck:

e2: I'm not even angry over this, I just really want to know, what kind of a circumstance allows you to believe that Fran the "Bunny" from FFXII (is that even accurate?? Who even plays Final Fantasy games? I thought Fran was from FFIX!) is defined as a ghost of your past and you must bear a shameful name to remind yourself of such?

Because it sounds like the plotline of the next Twilight and I want to cash in on that poo poo.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 14, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

What the gently caress.

And I play Final Fantasy games. I'm sorry.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
It's like you people never saw any delusional attention whores before.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Pretty much all of the major players in that thread are terrible people who shouldn't be on the Internet. Eesh.

Got my name reserved no problem this morning. I wasn't too worried, it's not a super-common name, but I know I wasn't the only person in WoW to have it so I wanted to make sure.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
I know it's a little early, but I remember a/the goon guild stating something about having afternoon EST times for raids and events. Did I imagine this or was this a different group altogether?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I now regret that I didn't think of grabbing some popular MLP name to park it on a level 1 character that I would never use.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

AzureRequiem posted:

Is 30FPS on Medium what I should be expecting for my rig (GTX 760 OC, FX-6300), or is the game still suffering from optimization issues?

The game runs like poo poo on random configs regardless of the CPU and GPU vendor, so it's pretty much a coin flip. No known fixes, if deleting the NCSOFT folder in %appdata%/roaming doesn't help.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Monster Mash posted:

In case anyone was wondering, the hat SPEAKS to you while you wear it. Flavor text + read my chat window to see some of the stuff it actually talks to you about.

I love that it just completely fills the little character-preview-icon on the healthbar thing :allears:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Arzachel posted:

The game runs like poo poo on random configs regardless of the CPU and GPU vendor, so it's pretty much a coin flip. No known fixes, if deleting the NCSOFT folder in %appdata%/roaming doesn't help.

Can confirm that GPU manufacturer makes no difference. I swapped today from a Radeon 7970 running 2560x1440 to a 780ti SC @ 3840x2160 and it runs at flat 60 on both. CPU's a 3370k. It'll be something really obscure.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Argas posted:

welp, barring a complete reinstall of Windows, it seems Wildstar won't work on my computer. Had the same issue when I got into the beta and gave up. OB worked so I figured the problem was past, but now it's reared its ugly head again. Can't even uninstall Wildstar because it needs the launcher.

Not sure if you've tried it but you need to run the installer as Administrator.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
This is a fun game. I rolled an exile though and was wondering how the pvp battleground experience is for the dominion side? It seems theres alot of people around who see exile = alliance from world of warcraft and import their lovely attitude of "why bother we already lost" or stay quiet the whole loving match and only start screaming when a loss is nearing how much exile suck.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Anyone have a decent name for the EU guild was gonna make Chuas gone wildstar but to be honest thats not witty or good at all.

I'd rather have a name that annoys people, like "Offical Estonian Guild". It's always fun how many questions names like that get.
I did like the suggestion Terrible Secret of Space though, at least it's both a Goon name and one that fits Wildstar.

Is it possible to put Hazak in the OP now? There's so few EU goons that it gets asked and has scrolled back a page or two before someone answers.

quote:

exile = alliance from world of warcraft and import their lovely attitude of "why bother we already lost" or stay quiet the whole loving match and only start screaming when a loss is nearing how much exile suck.
This is every faction in every warfront in every MMOG. Just ignore it.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Voting Terrible Secret of Space for the EU goon guild name for sure.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

lalaland posted:

This is a fun game. I rolled an exile though and was wondering how the pvp battleground experience is for the dominion side? It seems theres alot of people around who see exile = alliance from world of warcraft and import their lovely attitude of "why bother we already lost" or stay quiet the whole loving match and only start screaming when a loss is nearing how much exile suck.
Having played both alliance and horde I'll tell you it was the same on both sides. As soon as the other side had a miniscule lead it was all "stop defending, we lost, just give up".

Doesn't have anything to do with faction, it's just lovely players who see battlegrounds as nothing more than another grind for rep/tokens/gear and don't want to actually fight. They just want fast and easy wins so they can maximize their gain per hour, and if they can't get a fast win they want a fast loss so they can jump into the next BG sooner.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 14, 2014

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Doesn't have anything to do with faction, it's just lovely players who see battlegrounds as nothing more as another grind for rep/tokens/gear and don't want to actually fight. They just want fast and easy wins so they can maximize their gain per hour, and if they can't get a fast win they want a fast loss so they can jump into the next BG sooner.

While I hate it, I get it. Everything in MMOGs pushes you towards feeling and acting like all that matters is the reward rather than the experience.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Miles O'Brian posted:

Voting Terrible Secret of Space for the EU goon guild name for sure.

I assume my US reservation of this won't stomp your EU dreams?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

blueberrysmith posted:

I assume my US reservation of this won't stomp your EU dreams?

Nope, since I've reserved "The Terrible Secret Of Space".

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I got drunk the other night and deleted my characters. Can I get a (re)invite to Bad Rats for Ryllynyth?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

edit; Disregard I am dumb.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Sedisp posted:

It very much is. I've been on pop locked servers in pvp servers since I played mmos and have never been inconvenienced by world pvp whilst leveling for more than ten minutes two or three times on a character max. More if I'm being stubborn and trying to gank them back, obviously.

The whole flotilla of 50 pvpers ganking lowbies really doesn't happen that often if ever. I've definitely leveled up more alts that have never been killed by a max level autist than ones that have.

It might not be much of an issue when a game is new, but as the ratio of max level:still leveling gets bigger it becomes more of an issue. CRZ in WoW has really soured me on PvP servers over the past year.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I guess I'm not allowed to adventure on my own? It really seems like it since the boss had 55k HP and killed me in 2-shots.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

flipoff posted:

It might not be much of an issue when a game is new, but as the ratio of max level:still leveling gets bigger it becomes more of an issue. CRZ in WoW has really soured me on PvP servers over the past year.

Open World PvP is really fun for the first month and really pointless after that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SlayVus posted:

So I guess I'm not allowed to adventure on my own? It really seems like it since the boss had 55k HP and killed me in 2-shots.

Adventures are dungeons basically. Shiphands are what you're looking for, I think they're like solo adventures.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Adventures are dungeons basically. Shiphands are what you're looking for, I think they're like solo adventures.

Something I've been wondering, do dungeons/adventures/shiphands scale you down to an appropriate level to do them? Or if I go into the level 20 dungeon as a level 40 character can I just waltz through it?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Miles O'Brian posted:

Not sure if you've tried it but you need to run the installer as Administrator.

Thanks but I've tried it. AFAIK, it's some weird deep-rooted windows issue. I have no idea why Wildstar worked until now.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
:effort: guild invite for Murfrat

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
The realm/region-wide one name reservation only lasts for 14 days after launch, after that it's fair game.

WarLocke posted:

Something I've been wondering, do dungeons/adventures/shiphands scale you down to an appropriate level to do them? Or if I go into the level 20 dungeon as a level 40 character can I just waltz through it?
They are supposed to scale up, but mobs have a minimum level. You can't really solo a dungeon or adventure, but you can solo a shiphand. It's often possible to go in at a lower level (I think they assume a group here forcing it)... I know I've been able to take things several levels above my Engineer in the world (which is stuck at 32 from two months ago, killing 35+ in one zone), where as I would get melted if I were to try it on my Spellslinger.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Evil_Greven posted:

They are supposed to scale up, but mobs have a minimum level. You can't really solo a dungeon or adventure, but you can solo a shiphand. It's often possible to go in at a lower level (I think they assume a group here forcing it)... I know I've been able to take things several levels above my Engineer in the world (which is stuck at 32 from two months ago, killing 35+ in one zone), where as I would get melted if I were to try it on my Spellslinger.

Does spellslinger change that much past 16 (Where mine is)? I'm reliably able to take on level 18-19 monsters all the time.

Maybe it's the abilities you use, I've found charged shot to be a complete and utter turd. My general rotation is to open with rapid fire, flame burst if it's up, wild barrage, then finish off with the starter skill should it be needed (It's never needed). Usually at the end of this rotation I still have 3 SP left and can go right back into the rotation.

Can't wait to add assassinate into the pile. It will probably go rapid fire, flame burst, assassinate, done.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've just done my first shiphand and it was like if Alien was a TV series. I really enjoyed it, nice visuals on it too.

When I get an achievement can I find out what I did to get it without having to search through my whole log? It pops up and I click on it, but that just takes you to the achievement log itself.

Taear fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 14, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm not seeing the point of the 14 day name hold. Everyone who reserves a name preordered so it should last only through the headstart. Holding all these names hostage on servers that won't be used by the people who reserved them is dumb.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

jabro posted:

I'm not seeing the point of the 14 day name hold. Everyone who reserves a name preordered so it should last only through the headstart. Holding all these names hostage on servers that won't be used by the people who reserved them is dumb.

Please source your general forums posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Evil_Greven posted:

That actually might work better than scaling characters down. But if the 'normal' version scales up then what's the difference between that and the 'elder game' version at level cap? At least I vaguely recall some devspeak saying there was a 'normal' and 'level cap' version of each dungeon.

Also I had to disable Steer because I can't really use my targeted AoE Medic DoT field with it on - it forces the cursor to the screen center so I have to lay the field on top of myself instead of wherever I want. Boo.

e: Oh and also for completionists spergs like me, in the map screen (M) there's a button in the top left that will show you your stats for that zone (X Tasks done of Y, X/Y journals found, etc). :spergin:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 14, 2014

• Locked thread