Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Make mine "They're not goats, darnit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
In an ideal world, the Skellies would be number one, and the Ponex mod would be forgotten. It's not an ideal world.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Braww, Can you make mine "I sold my soul to The dark lorde lowtax and all i got was this crappy title"?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

make shoehead's title "Master of Scaremonies"

Will do

dog kisser posted:

Make mine "They're not goats, darnit!"

Whats your username again?

Richey posted:

Braww, Can you make mine "I sold my soul to The dark lorde lowtax and all i got was this crappy title"?

Too long, rip

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Eonwe posted:

Too long, rip
yeah, rip.
How about "I am become nerd"?

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 13, 2014

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Whats your username again?

Djinn

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Oh poo poo if you're actually doing that, can you change mine (UnsubRedun) to "Plebeian"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ToastyPotato posted:

I just want the persistent plant growth thing to be officially in the game. I assume it still isn't, because no one has mentioned it in a while, and I haven't played in like 2 months or more.
This. Persistent Farmables was the only mod I was using back when I was actively playing, and I'm usually one of those stubbornly vanilla people. Supposedly that mod made things "Work how they are supposed to", so it should be in game eventually. Maybe it's in the wild world of unstable? I haven't touched the game or unstable in a while like you.

Though then you see amazing things like "Master of Scaremonies" and everything is okay :allears:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Do trees only grow off-screen? The ones I planted near my base are being unusually stubborn.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ToastyPotato posted:

I just want the persistent plant growth thing to be officially in the game. I assume it still isn't, because no one has mentioned it in a while, and I haven't played in like 2 months or more.
Absolutely agreed. All the rad, off the wall, amazing new things people are adding would be fun, don't get me wrong, but this is like, a fundamental feature.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Persistent Farmables plus-goddamn-one.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
It seems to me that some modders seem to think that modding is their way into the game development industry, when it really isn't. Sure, some modders get offered full time dev jobs (like the guy who did the Civ4 mod Fall from Heaven) but I don't think its common, and I'm pretty sure it'd help to put your mods on a CV and apply for jobs in the usual way, instead of just sitting around waiting for an offer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

Oh poo poo if you're actually doing that, can you change mine (UnsubRedun) to "Plebeian"

Done

Done

Richey posted:

yeah, rip.
How about "I am become nerd"?

Sure. Username?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Excellente! Now people will stop asking if they're goats and if I'm a goat furry (no they won't)

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Aww can I have "I LOVE IT!"

Username: Arkitektbmw

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 14, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arkitektbmw posted:

Aww can I have "I LOVE IT!"

Username: Arkitektbmw

Yep, done!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Can I be "The Baddest rear end"? Same username as here.

Then I'll be Internet Cool! Also, I'll probably have to start posting more.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Can I be "The Baddest rear end"? Same username as here.

Not until you finish your donkey race mod.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Eonwe posted:

Yep, done!

Can I be "The Raddest Dadaist"?
Username is the same as on here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Both of you are done, but I had to make it 'The Baddest Butt'

Enjoy

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Make mine BAH GAWD

failing that, 2Tricky

Fourms name is the same

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Can I get "The Greenest Shirt in Town"?

Forum name is the same as this name. I try to keep consistent!

Edited: for Capitalization!

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 14, 2014

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Lobsterpillar posted:

It seems to me that some modders seem to think that modding is their way into the game development industry, when it really isn't. Sure, some modders get offered full time dev jobs (like the guy who did the Civ4 mod Fall from Heaven) but I don't think its common, and I'm pretty sure it'd help to put your mods on a CV and apply for jobs in the usual way, instead of just sitting around waiting for an offer.

Well, it's one thing for someone to think of their mods the same way they might think of artwork in their portfolio; to treat their mods as examples of their work which prospective clients could use to gauge whether or not they're interested in working with the person. The whole weird Nexus/'Craft 'em Up thing, where modders act like the work they put up on the internet for free is something that must provide them a living in and of itself while getting really catty any time they think someone or something is preventing it from doing that (like Arthmoor and OblivionGate) is just...I dunno' what a good equivalent situation even is here.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ernie Muppari posted:

Well, it's one thing for someone to think of their mods the same way they might think of artwork in their portfolio; to treat their mods as examples of their work which prospective clients could use to gauge whether or not they're interested in working with the person. The whole weird Nexus/'Craft 'em Up thing, where modders act like the work they put up on the internet for free is something that must provide them a living in and of itself while getting really catty any time they think someone or something is preventing it from doing that (like Arthmoor and OblivionGate) is just...I dunno' what a good equivalent situation even is here.

Like some guy who reckons that a great idea for a sitcom would be some guy telling his future children a long convoluted story about how he met their mother. And then tries to sue the writers/network for 'stealing his idea' when the full extent of his idea was 'I reckon that'd be funny'?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Out of curiosity, has that guy who modded that awesome red mech made anything else?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

MadBimber posted:

Out of curiosity, has that guy who modded that awesome red mech made anything else?

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/xs-corporation-mechs.1341/updates

Three other mechs since then - smaller than the other one but still awesome.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dog kisser posted:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/xs-corporation-mechs.1341/updates

I haven't been keeping up with Starbound lately, but holy poo poo.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Jesus Christ. Speaking of mods that I hope are incorporated officially... that poo poo certainly outshines the vanilla-game mechs by a wide margin.

Say what you will about Starbound but they sure as hell delivered on the "modding platform" promise. If this is what people are doing in this early beta stage, I can only imagine the kind of poo poo we'll get when the full game is done. If only every game was this malleable. :allears:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

dog kisser posted:

I've played commercial releases with less cool mechs

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

Jesus Christ. Speaking of mods that I hope are incorporated officially... that poo poo certainly outshines the vanilla-game mechs by a wide margin.

Say what you will about Starbound but they sure as hell delivered on the "modding platform" promise. If this is what people are doing in this early beta stage, I can only imagine the kind of poo poo we'll get when the full game is done. If only every game was this malleable. :allears:
I'm waiting on the quest system.

USCM! USCM!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Those mechs are so awesome :swoon:

As well as highlighting the ridiculous strength Completely Common Wildlife felt like they had when I was still playing. "Pink Antler thing in the middle of the day? Yeah that's gonna need a couple swings from the warmech plasma sword twice as big as it to deal with. Good thing it isn't a nocturnal animal, then I would have needed at least four swings." Does the Apex Impervium Broadsword still list 2k damage per swing?

Whenever that combat overhaul hits the stable build is probably when I'll dust things off, and look up that Estus Mod so I'm not chomping down piles of bandages and as many banana breads/battered bananas my homeworld plantation and persistent farmables can churn out as my HP pool rises.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

If nothing else, once they release the 'lua scripts run on items' update, THAT's when you're going to start seeing crazy poo poo.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
After the game hits 1.0, I anticipate game-changing mods on a much more fundamental level. Maybe not total conversions, but if big name modpacks can do what they do for Minecraft, imagine what they could do for a game like this.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Sure. Username?

RRussom

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
See what I meant about taking a break atm? All the skellies need atm are morw armors and blocks and those are booooring.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Vib Rib posted:

After the game hits 1.0, I anticipate game-changing mods on a much more fundamental level. Maybe not total conversions, but if big name modpacks can do what they do for Minecraft, imagine what they could do for a game like this.

I can't wait for the mod packs you can run on your server, that's what has kept minecraft going so strong IMO. A new mod pack and the game is totally different and awesome in new ways. *note I hate minecraft and don't play it and stopped my kids from playing it anymore, we all play starbound together instead.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Bitter Beard posted:

I can't wait for the mod packs you can run on your server, that's what has kept minecraft going so strong IMO. A new mod pack and the game is totally different and awesome in new ways. *note I hate minecraft and don't play it and stopped my kids from playing it anymore, we all play starbound together instead.

I don't understand this at all.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Bitter Beard posted:

minecraft...stopped my kids from playing it anymore...

why?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was sort of wondering that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
this is what kids who play minecraft too much grow into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I

it's understandable!!