Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That seems to be it, then. Normally after even just 5 - 10 minutes of idling the heater would blow nice, toasty warm air. Now it's basically lukewarm at best. Ah well, cheap and easy fix, glad I have you guys to point me in the right direction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans is on sale for $1.99 (Kindle edition only).

I snagged it. Haven't started reading it yet, but hey, $2 for a day or two.

Preoptopus posted:

It also shorts out the entire circuit if used in tandem with the microwave.

A microwave is pulling 1000-2000 watts on its own, depending on output (you can usually expect output wattage to be 60-70% of input). My own microwave is a 1000 watt unit - the data plate shows it pulls 1650 watts to produce 1000 watts. There's also a significant inrush above that when it first turns on as well.

Most toaster ovens pull 1300-1600 watts.

So that alone is 3250 watts, assuming similar units. At 120V, that's right at 27 amps, before factoring in the inrush current for the microwave. You're likely running that on a 15 or 20 amp circuit. Of course the breaker is going to trip.

Preoptopus posted:

In my state its illegal to drive barefoot. So the real skill is putting shoes on as fast as you can while being pulled over.

Except it's not illegal to drive barefoot anywhere in the US? It's illegal to ride motorcycles without shoes in many states though.

T1g4h posted:

That seems to be it, then. Normally after even just 5 - 10 minutes of idling the heater would blow nice, toasty warm air. Now it's basically lukewarm at best. Ah well, cheap and easy fix, glad I have you guys to point me in the right direction!

Your mileage should go up a bit once you replace the thermostat.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 14, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just found the best music to get stoned to ever. Band called Earth less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HITHygbE_BA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Remember in the 90s when the Bills made it to the Superbowl like five times and kept losing? :smith:

Yeah, I remember, but fortunately I got married into being a real Bills fan after all that happened :unsmith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So that guy on craigslist with the beetle with "title in hand"? The one I've scheduled a time with a week in advance? The one I moved my work schedule around for so I could drive two hours to pick it up tomorrow 0800? "Can't find the title, sorry. You can still look at it if you want, though."

Words can't express the rage.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Your response needs to be a little something that someone on a course I'm on told me:

Drive to his house without him knowing and, after a suitable period of observation, find a way inside when he isn't home. At this point, produce the plastic bag of your own faeces which you have frozen the night prior. Distribute it all over his carpet, couches etc with a cheese grater and enjoy the festivities.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I really wouldn't want to put a bag of poop in my freezer and have it smell that way forever.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That was the first thing I thought of, too.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Geirskogul posted:

So that guy on craigslist with the beetle with "title in hand"? The one I've scheduled a time with a week in advance? The one I moved my work schedule around for so I could drive two hours to pick it up tomorrow 0800? "Can't find the title, sorry. You can still look at it if you want, though."

Words can't express the rage.

I'm supposed to be meeting a guy to sell a truck this morning and I had a 2 AM panic attack that I hadn't actually seen the title for it in ages. It turned out to be exactly where I thought it was, but I was seriously worried I was going to be That Guy for a good several minutes. Went ahead and laid hands on the titles to my other vehicles just to be sure.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

gently caress this poo poo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 weeks.

A girl just said my butt looked good. Total stranger. I feel loving awesome.

Well done, I've managed to put on ~2 pounds in the last month which for me is pretty awesome. Lots of potatoes, milk, meat and lifting...5.5k a day :suicide: Best part is my waist/stomach is getting smaller while everything else is getting bigger. Now I just need to continue this for a while and I won't look like poo poo.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

Don't push your luck!!

The Wild are out, so there goes my excuse to get outrageously drunk three nights a week.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

The Wild are out, so there goes my excuse to get outrageously drunk three nights a week.

Just watch the Blackhawks now. They're much better. Hth

I'm staying with my in-laws right now, who are very religious. Which means I can't drink, unless I go to a bar, which is expensive. This shot blows.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Just watch the Blackhawks now. They're much better. Hth

The Blackhawks are my backup team. I'm part of the UND Toews circlejerk.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Well crap someone wants to trade my 928 for a nearly completed R1 powered lotus 7 clone. I am very seriously saying yes and I would daily drive the hell out of 1100lb 180hp death trap. I would most likely die a very happy man wrapped around a tree.

I'm waiting on photos and a list of what "nearly complete" actually means.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
180 from an R1? What's it have done to it?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Depending on the year, nothing has to be done.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Are we talking crank or real life hp? I'd grant you 160 with an exhaust and such but no year of the R1 makes 180 to the wheel staying generally stock.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

gently caress this poo poo.

I've been un-employed since the company I worked for got bought out and shut down in January. I took a job at a local lawn-care place, worked there for a month and walked out because it was such bullshit.

At least, I think you're pissed about your landscaping gig :shrug:

Edit: Actually, now I remember posting in one of the earlier chat threads about how excited I was for that job too. gently caress those jerks.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Are we talking crank or real life hp?

It's always crank unless someone specifies otherwise.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Google Drive loving sucks.

This catte does not: http://jalopnik.com/cat-rescues-child-from-dog-attack-in-driveway-makes-be-1576282099

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

And the first comment nails it:

quote:

When asked about his loyalty to the child, the cat replied "What child? I saw a loving dog, I acted. Nibbles is looking out for Nibbles."

Edit: Fur real though, what kind of lovely pet owner(s) are letting their animals loose like that. :catstare:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 14, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Are we talking crank or real life hp? I'd grant you 160 with an exhaust and such but no year of the R1 makes 180 to the wheel staying generally stock.

crank.

I'm pretty sure by the time whatever cart crazy rear end shenanigans that engine is grafted into its a hell of a lot less than whats at the crank.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Yes crank, I'm in the habit of just assuming crank unless someone specifically says otherwise. Still waiting to hear back...really hope it isn't a pile of parts that might possibly fit together to make a car.

In unrelated news this makes me happy...HVAC hasn't run at all for 17 days. Love this time of year.

poo poo I just missed a copy of Sled Driver for $100. I really want a copy of that book.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 14, 2014

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

ssjonizuka posted:

Edit: Fur real though, what kind of lovely pet owner(s) are letting their animals loose like that. :catstare:

That nails it. lovely, lovely owners, with a dog with out-of-control prey drive. Good cat though, saved that kid from a lot worse injury, or death.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Renting in my town sucks. 99% of it is student garbage and every 6-12 months, when an affordable, reasonable quality home comes up, it's a shitstorm of 150 applicants and it's off the market in 30 minutes. I'm top of the list for one now, but they want a year lease and I might be getting a part or full time job offer in a different city the next few months. My current place sucks balls and my landlady wants to move back in soon, so I need to find a good situation soon, but the liability of a lease is huge.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

blk posted:

Renting in my town sucks. 99% of it is student garbage and every 6-12 months, when an affordable, reasonable quality home comes up, it's a shitstorm of 150 applicants and it's off the market in 30 minutes. I'm top of the list for one now, but they want a year lease and I might be getting a part or full time job offer in a different city the next few months. My current place sucks balls and my landlady wants to move back in soon, so I need to find a good situation soon, but the liability of a lease is huge.

I am dealing with the exact same bullshit right now, except for the fact that there are plenty of nice houses around if you want to pay $3k+ a month for rent. I keep seeing the same people at all of house showings I go to, and they all keep showing up before their appointments. Nothing better than setting a specific time with a realtor and having 3 other couples show up early and monopolize the realtors time and then leave before me so they can get their application in first. At least I think we beat them to the punch yesterday and should have a house secured, just waiting for the realtor to get back to me with the final decision. More rent than I would like to be paying, but at least we like the house and location.

Worst part is there is no garage, and I have no idea wtf I am going to do with my celica.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

So Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans is on sale for $1.99 (Kindle edition only).

I snagged it. Haven't started reading it yet, but hey, $2 for a day or two.

It's a good book and worth the read, especially at that price.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

Worst part is there is no garage, and I have no idea wtf I am going to do with my celica.

I would offer storage space but I'll probably be having to find a new place to live in 6 months and will be in the same boat wrt Celica storage.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

This is why I live with my parents. I live in a college town and the rental market is hosed.

My dealership just took in a Raptor on trade. I wonder what the chances are of my boss letting me borrow it for a weekend.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

NitroSpazzz posted:

poo poo I just missed a copy of Sled Driver for $100. I really want a copy of that book.

I just want to read the drat thing. I can't even find a copy to borrow from the library.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Terrible Robot posted:

I would offer storage space but I'll probably be having to find a new place to live in 6 months and will be in the same boat wrt Celica storage.

Thanks, but something tells me the shipping from seattle to where ever you live would make it not the best move.

The house has 1 off street parking spot, but I am concerned about pissing off the neighbors/realtor by parking it there. The lot next door was split into 2 semi townhouse things, so the house I will probably be renting and both those houses share a driveway, so the car would be kinda right out in the open. I am probably going to do it anyway, and just get a car cover for it. Worst case some friends rent a house nearby that has big fenced in parking lot, so I can prolly pay them to let me park it there.

I think I have a buyer for my e30, thanks to my brother. I really just need to bite the bullet and sell the celica. There are a couple nice AW11's on CL that I would rather have and sink money into.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Our dearly departed catte, a 25-lb tabby named Gromit, had a protective streak in him. He was an indoor cat mostly, but he would come out in the yard if we were doing light yard work or something. The neighbor's harmless, dipshit dog Chopper (big, fat beagle mix) came trotting up to say hello and Gromit immediately went into "GET THE gently caress OUT!" mode, got down as low as he could, ears back, fuzzed his tail, and charged that dog. Once he took off, all I saw was a trail of leaves flying and his tail sticking up. Chopper ran for her life and never set foot in our yard again.

This is the same cat that was laying in the sun on the sidewalk one day, when a chipmunk (being toyed with by our other cat) actually ran into his fat rear end and he just looked at it and did nothing. He just watched it run off into the brush, the lazy gently caress. I miss fat boy :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
if anything you should dump the celica and keep the 318 for fun.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

if anything you should dump the celica and keep the 318 for fun.

Honestly I have thought about it. I have all the parts to fix the body damage, the clutch is pretty much near, the tires are new but the suspension is pretty worn. Some new struts/springs/bushings and it would be pretty well setup, but then I would start thinking of motor swaps.

What it really comes down to is I just want another aw11, I know its not the best car ever but I love them too much. After my last 2 aw11's were totaled I went got a different car that is well regarded. First was my 91 miata, which was a great little car but I ended up getting a killer deal on a aw11 and I never drove the miata again. Even on nice sunny days, I was out in my black on black mr2 dying in the heat while my white miata just sat in the garage since I would rather drive the mr2. When that one got totaled I ended up getting the e30, which I really did enjoy and was amazed how nice it was to have back doors on a car after driving 2 seaters for so long. Now that we have a JSW, having a sedan fun car doesn't do me any good since the wagon is way more practical, so I might as well buy another 2 seater.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying a s2000, but I don't like the attention they get from cops/other drivers. After driving the girlfriends dad's e36 m3('98? low miles ultra violet with vaders that he is making perfect), I started thinking about buying one but again they get more attention than I like. Also have been thinking about first gen rx7's since I have always loved how they look, but rotarys scare me. Or maybe a sw20 mr2 or mr2 spyder. Or maybe another miata, mine was dead stock/worn out so that might have tarnished my thoughts on it since it was being compared to nicely upgraded aw11. To many cars that I would like to have.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I just gassed the office with a truly noxious fart. Co-workers are 1 part pissed as hell and 1 part impressed. And I'm wondering WTF I ate to create such a disgusting gas attack.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

Honestly I have thought about it. I have all the parts to fix the body damage, the clutch is pretty much near, the tires are new but the suspension is pretty worn. Some new struts/springs/bushings and it would be pretty well setup, but then I would start thinking of motor swaps.

What it really comes down to is I just want another aw11, I know its not the best car ever but I love them too much. After my last 2 aw11's were totaled I went got a different car that is well regarded. First was my 91 miata, which was a great little car but I ended up getting a killer deal on a aw11 and I never drove the miata again. Even on nice sunny days, I was out in my black on black mr2 dying in the heat while my white miata just sat in the garage since I would rather drive the mr2. When that one got totaled I ended up getting the e30, which I really did enjoy and was amazed how nice it was to have back doors on a car after driving 2 seaters for so long. Now that we have a JSW, having a sedan fun car doesn't do me any good since the wagon is way more practical, so I might as well buy another 2 seater.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying a s2000, but I don't like the attention they get from cops/other drivers. After driving the girlfriends dad's e36 m3('98? low miles ultra violet with vaders that he is making perfect), I started thinking about buying one but again they get more attention than I like. Also have been thinking about first gen rx7's since I have always loved how they look, but rotarys scare me. Or maybe a sw20 mr2 or mr2 spyder. Or maybe another miata, mine was dead stock/worn out so that might have tarnished my thoughts on it since it was being compared to nicely upgraded aw11. To many cars that I would like to have.

Two words: track car

Anyway, hit me up if you are thinking of selling the celica my buddy who owns a jdm ST185 might be interested.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Sooo... M60B30 in E30, bad idea or best idea?

In my pursuit of a good car to start off this idea, I discovered that Chris Harris pays too much for E30s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVF7Q_IwoWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3OwX23g30

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Still waiting to hear back...really hope it isn't a pile of parts that might possibly fit together to make a car.
Yup I was right damnit. Engine that 'should run' and a horrible hack job of a locost frame with a couple misc parts that likely wouldn't even work great with the R1 engine. Oh well the search continues.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I just want to read the drat thing. I can't even find a copy to borrow from the library.
If I get a copy I'll loan it out to AI regulars to read through.

Flushed the brakes on the 928, fixed the headlight issue and now it's wash time. Sure the VW gets 50mpg and the Porsche gets ~1/4 that but I'm going to DD the fucker for a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

Two words: track car

Anyway, hit me up if you are thinking of selling the celica my buddy who owns a jdm ST185 might be interested.

I have thought about the track car idea, just don't really have the time to sink into something like that. Esp without a garage at the new house.

Are you on the facebook group? If so find me on there, my name is damian.

• Locked thread