Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Heavy Lobster posted:

Personally I really enjoyed the design of the Rotten. I really love the Castlevania boss Legion, and the Rotten was basically that but even more awful. It moving by having a bunch of dudes' hands drag it along was also really spooky, since it kind of kept the creepy-crawly feeling that you get from small spider-y enemies that usually goes away when something is just a bigger version of that.

I hated the Rotten. He scared me.

Yeah I'm a giant pussy about scary things in games, leave me alone. :ohdear:

Going back a couple of pages, I see a lot of grousing about Shrine of Amana. I personally didn't have much trouble with it. What's the source of the discontent? Is it just because it's so thematically different from the rest of the game? Is it because of the tongue dudes?

Edit: This thread moves so fast. I need to catch up!

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is there any quicker way to the dragon shrine if I've just reached the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle or do I need to go through the game as normal? I just want to get the staff of wisdom as soon as possible

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

my cat is norris posted:

I hated the Rotten. He scared me.

Yeah I'm a giant pussy about scary things in games, leave me alone. :ohdear:

Going back a couple of pages, I see a lot of grousing about Shrine of Amana. I personally didn't have much trouble with it. What's the source of the discontent? Is it just because it's so thematically different from the rest of the game? Is it because of the tongue dudes?

I think its just pure melee/caster people going in there and not being able to handle the priestesses spamming soul arrows. If you have used a bow at all its pretty easy to figure that's what you should be using there. If you don't use one, once you get past the first area you could easily get bogged down trying to rush the priestesses meaning the lizard guys all come for you while you have to dodge a soul arrow every second while being slowed by the water.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

my cat is norris posted:

I think it's the casters that get to most people. I didn't think they were all that bad, personally; the one room with the NPC invasion where there's a bunch of them spamming at you is rough, and having to get through that wall of armor eaters first is a little obnoxious, but if you're dodging and making use of all the cover they give you it's not that bad.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

I think it's because it's the only area where you're kinda screwed if you don't have a bow on you and people who have been doing fine with melee or magic find themselves forced to use something else.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

laplace posted:

It's been a while since I've played any KF game except KFIV (which both Dark Souls are literally carbon copies of, seriously, both the earthen peak and new Londo are locations And Abyss Nashandra and her whole story is seriously the same as the Abyss Queen and the ancient city) but it might be. I played the original 3 in Japanese as well, so the transliteration might be a little different.

Edit: just a quick look over the KF info on the wiki also mentions that there is an area called Sacred Anor AND a sword called the 'Seath sword' in KF2, so.

Isn't the boss of KF3 literally named Seath and is a giant white dragon?

Jose posted:

Is there any quicker way to the dragon shrine if I've just reached the first bonfire in Drangleic Castle or do I need to go through the game as normal? I just want to get the staff of wisdom as soon as possible

Nope, it's the same kind of bottleneck that Anor Londo was.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Heavy Lobster posted:

Isn't the boss of KF3 literally named Seath and is a giant white dragon?

Nope, it's the same kind of bottleneck that Anor Londo was.

I think Seath is an optional boss? I honestly don't remember, it's been forever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vanderdeath posted:

Wasn't there a Tseldora in King's Field (II), too? It's been forever since I've played that game but I remember someone with a similar name being mentioned.

Theres a Silviera in 2.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Having trouble with the magic-spamming sorceresses is part of it, but much worse is the fact that you spend most of the stage waist-deep in slowing water. The magic spam just makes it all worse, because now you need to wade through slowing water while simultaneously trying to dodge - which tends to throw you off submerged cliffs, or into the hands of underwater monsters that will eat your face. While another sorceress you didn't see because she was on the other side of the loving map starts throwing more magic your way. It makes the whole area feel frustratingly slow.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Kild posted:

Theres a Silviera in 2.

I was thinking of Tsedeck, the Mage of Flame and Silviera, too. Thanks.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Raygereio posted:

I think it's because it's the only area where you're kinda screwed if you don't have a bow on you and people who have been doing fine with melee or magic find themselves forced to use something else.

Who needs a bow when you've got binoculars and lightning spears? :smugdog:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nuebot posted:

So BoB isn't any better. Takes forever to find someone. Literally everyone just spams dual avelyns and santier's spear. I think I'm about to call it for playing this game online because dear lord this is boring.

Try doing duels at 500-800 SM. I did a ton last night at around 750k SM and only ran into a few people running the most tryhard minmaxed bullshit builds. I also got duels pretty frequently, usually got one within 10 seconds of looking and no more than a minute max. This was at 2 am in the morning too. I don't know what SM turns it into the Hexing Avelyn Satiner's Fuckfest, but keeping it low is your best bet to get enjoyment out of PvP.

Also fight on the bridge. Bridge duels are way more entertaining and quicker.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 15, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Raygereio posted:

No, I've done it several times as pure melee. It's not difficult so much as incredibly boring and tedious.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Are there any good guides to doing all of the NPC questlines? I think I could probably work out most of them myself at this point if I was diligent enough but I'd kind of like to just have a checklist I can run down and make sure I'm not missing anything.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm doing a build where I rushed Hexer's Set and Sunset Staff as fast as possible, and while I can poo poo out a ridiculous amount of damage between Dark Orb and my other spells I've acquired so far, I just feel like boss fights are nearly impossible to solo as a mage. I can't tank, and I can't really melee fight. Maybe I didn't raise Attunement high enough or something. I had an easy enough time with the Dragonrider, but then he's piss-easy anyway. Maybe this would be easier if I just found a second copy of Dark Orb or Greater Soul Arrow or something.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Opposing Farce posted:

Are there any good guides to doing all of the NPC questlines? I think I could probably work out most of them myself at this point if I was diligent enough but I'd kind of like to just have a checklist I can run down and make sure I'm not missing anything.

They're all pretty obvious really. Just make sure you find Lucatiel in the two hidden caves near The Rotten and Ben in the Giant Memory near the Pursuer fight before taking him to the Giant Lord. Besides those you pretty much have to run into them in the other places. Also Lucatiel in the Bastille, I guess you could miss her there.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Amana is at all times all things to all people, it's time to discuss the real bullshit of Dark Souls 2, the hippo cyclops.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

david... posted:

Amana is at all times all things to all people, it's time to discuss the real bullshit of Dark Souls 2, the hippo cyclops.

Roll backwards.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Oh.

Yeah, I went through the entirety of Amana with a bow my first time in. Even shot the hippoclopses from afar. I could smell the bullshit, and I wasn't about to waste my time getting frustrated on small encounters whenever I was in a really pretty, kind of alien place, and I wanted to explore more than fight.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Are we already talking about Amana again? How about we just consult this flow chart from now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I've spoken to Lucatiel in every location so far. Got her to help me out on Smelter and Rotten, I summoned her on Lost Sinner but she died during it. Do you actually need to beat 3 bosses with her? I never beat Old Man's Wharf because I got frustrated after falling into the water, I could go back and summon her for the Sentry and finish her quest right? I also read that you might be able to get it by Ascetic resetting one of the fights but I would rather not pump up Iron Keep, Black Gulch or Sinner's Rise to NG+ levels.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

New to the thread, new to the discussion, was curious about the hate. Sorry to beat the dead horse! :doh:

Oh man, Lost Sinner. I used an ascetic there because I didn't know what it did. If any of you were summoned in and helped me beat the boss a second time, thank you. It only took me like 20ish attempts. She was so much faster!

NG+ is going to be really hard for me, I can feel it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I've spoken to Lucatiel in every location so far. Got her to help me out on Smelter and Rotten, I summoned her on Lost Sinner but she died during it. Do you actually need to beat 3 bosses with her? I never beat Old Man's Wharf because I got frustrated after falling into the water, I could go back and summon her for the Sentry and finish her quest right? I also read that you might be able to get it by Ascetic resetting one of the fights but I would rather not pump up Iron Keep, Black Gulch or Sinner's Rise to NG+ levels.

Yeah, you need to beat three with them still alive.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

FauxGateau posted:

But why Fair Bear Maiden? Surely the fight would have had something going for it then instead of being a pile of dudes coming at you in a nicely lit room. It feels like it was almost designed with that in mind. In fact I bet this was almost certainly the case. Especially considering the fact that the Gutter is one stage where the torch is mildly useful. So maybe at some point they envisioned you fighting Manito in the dark? I mean it kinda makes sense from a design standpoint.

You are correct. That is why he has those pits around him.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I am having a BLAST in Drangleic Castle. Not only does it look like a Castlevania fan's dream, it has just the right amount of difficulty to not qualify as a "gently caress it, I need a summon," stage.

Because you asked, I made a 6-minute gameplay compilation of my time with the area right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O88hiKCuy0

I had a buddy tell me there is a really good dex-centric bow in the area. I guess I missed it. Any tips on where to find that? My Longbow +6 has been treating me just fine, but I'll gladly take something with S-scaling.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

zfleeman posted:

I had a buddy tell me there is a really good dex-centric bow in the area. I guess I missed it. Any tips on where to find that?

Have a look around the area with the wheeled dragon statues and the corrosive vomit.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

zfleeman posted:

I had a buddy tell me there is a really good dex-centric bow in the area. I guess I missed it. Any tips on where to find that? My Longbow +6 has been treating me just fine, but I'll gladly take something with S-scaling.

Check around for things that might let you get to areas you didn't think you could get to.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

I summoned her on Lost Sinner but she died during it. Do you actually need to beat 3 bosses with her?

Yup. Ascetics count by the way, so you might consider re-doing one of the bosses you've already defeated.

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The magic spam just makes it all worse, because now you need to wade through slowing water while simultaneously...

The one thing this game really needs that existed in DS1 but doesn't seem to exist in DS2 is the Rusted Iron Ring

I spent a lot of time looking for one before I finally decided it's probably the only item from DS1 that isn't somewhere in DS2. :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Yup. Ascetics count by the way, so you might consider re-doing one of the bosses you've already defeated.

Yeah but thankfully I never actually beat the boss of No Man's Wharf since I beat Pursuer anyway, and just ducked in there for the treasure and such. I can summon her on Flexile Sentry and try there and at this point it should be a pushover anyway.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah but thankfully I never actually beat the boss of No Man's Wharf since I beat Pursuer anyway, and just ducked in there for the treasure and such. I can summon her on Flexile Sentry and try there and at this point it should be a pushover anyway.

Luca make Flex crazy easy because it just hates her so much, and doesn't do that much damage to her. You're free to wail on him while he wails on her, you'll probably win the damage race.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This thread has by far the most armchair game devs and posters who sound like terrible failed game journalists that i have ever seen.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Heavy Lobster posted:

I feel like the memory is probably sometime after the events of DaS1 rather than after Gwyn's war – Ash Lake shows that there are still a world's worth of archtrees and the lake itself, whereas the memory has the trees destroyed and the lake dried up. Doubling down on this, take a look at the landscape before you take the elevator up to the Aerie - the huge pillars of stone seem like the dead archtrees petrified (and still supporting what little life on top of them they can). The pillars surrounding Things Betwixt are reminiscent of this too, although what TB even is is kind of hard to pin down. I don't really get the Kiln comparison to dragon memories, since for me at least the only thing they really have in common is the lack of color, and being faded out is a thing for all the memories.

I feel like an idiot because I didn't notice the fossilized Archtrees in Aldia's Keep. I wonder if this means that the Aerie is the last remnant of the landmass that was Lordran.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So two things: 1) for some reason Dark Weapon requires a staff, so you can't cast it with the Mace of the Insolent. This is annoying, because I don't want to use Resonant Weapon every time I buff my loving weapons. 2 When I fought the Rotten a while ago, I learned you can cut off its left arm. It will regrow it, but that was weird and surprising.

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

DID SOMEONE SAY MIRROR KNIGHT? SORRY I COULDN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE WHEN I FOUGHT HIM HE DEAFENED ME WITH HIS LIGHTNING ATTACK EVEN THOUGHT I HAD THE GAME VOLUME WAY DOWN.

That's because the Mirror Knight is bugged, his lightning attack ignores your volume level. Try turning everything else up and your speakers/headphones down.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

So two things: 1) for some reason Dark Weapon requires a staff, so you can't cast it with the Mace of the Insolent. This is annoying, because I don't want to use Resonant Weapon every time I buff my loving weapons. 2 When I fought the Rotten a while ago, I learned you can cut off its left arm. It will regrow it, but that was weird and surprising.

Are you holding the Mace of the Insolent in your right hand? Because I think, for some reason, weapon enchantments only work if the catalyst is in your left and the weapon in your right, and viceversa for the spells that affect your shield.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Lucatiel:
Talk to Lucatiel in the following places:
- No-Man's Wharf: Right next to the Unseen Path to Heide bonfire
- Lost Bastille: In the tower, straight ahead from McDuff's Workshop
- Earthen Peak: Next to the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire
- Black Gulch: From the Black Gulch Mouth bonfire, head into Black Gulch while sticking close to the edge on the right. Before the first black pools, there's a ledge you can drop down to. You will probably need a light source to spot it.

When you talk to her a second time she'll give you a Human Effigy and the third time a Ring of Steel Protection +1. After talking to her all 4 times, she'll move to the Foregarden bonfire in Aldia's Keep. After talking to Lucatiel here, she'll disapear from the game.
Lucatiel can be summoned for the Flexile Sentry, Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon & Rotten. To get her "happy end", you need to summon her 3 times and beat the boss with Lucatiel surviving through the fight. You don't need to beat 3 different bosses, beating for example Flexile Sentry 3 times via Ascetics counts.
If you had 3 succesfull bossfights with her, she'll give you her sword & armour set when you talk to her at Aldia's Keep.

Benhart:
Talk to Bernhart in the following places:
- Shaded Woods: At the entrance to the area
- Drangleic Castle: Next to the Central Castle bonfire
- Forest of Fallen Giant: Next to the fallen giant past the Persuer boss area
- Memory of Orro: In front of you where you enter

You can summon him for the Prowling Magus, Looking Glass Knight, Giant Lord & Nashandra. You can also fight Throne Defender and Throne Watcher with Benhart, but this fight does not seem to count. Again, just like with Lucatiel you can also fight one boss multiple times with Benhart via Ascetics.
Talk to him after 3 succesfull bossfights and he'll give you the Bluemoon Greatsword & his armour set.

Mild Mannered Pate & Creighton The Wanderer
Talk to Pate in the Forest of Fallen Giants & Earthen Peak. After surviving the trap Pate is sitting next to in the Forest, he'll give you the White Sign Soapstone. In Earthen Peak if you summoned him for the Last Giant and he survived the fight, he'll give Pate's Spear, Pate's armour set and the Ring of Thorns.
Talk to Creighton next to the Undead Lockaway bonfire in Huntsman's Copse, then again next to Ruined Fork Road bonfire in the Shaded Woods.

If you talk to both in all their locations and didn't kill them, they'll show up at Brightstone Cove Tseldora fighting eachother: If you don't join the fight on either one's side, you'll get no reward other then the drop from whoever dies. If you do pick a side and join in, the surviver will give you the Tseldora Den key.

Navlaan:
If you free him, you can buy stuff from him immediatly. However, he'll invade in several spots and you can't start his assassination quests.
If you talk to him while he's still imprissoned and you're hollow, you can start an series of assassination quests. You don't need to kill the NPCs. The items Navlaan wants as proof can be recieved as gifts or bought. Also turning in the assassination quests does not remove those items from your inventory.
- Gilligan: The Ladder Miniature can be bought from Gilligan. Reward: Dispelling Ring.
- Cale: Cale's Helm can be recieved by talking to Cale after lighting all the fires on the map. Reward: Simpleton's Spice.
- Felkin: The Sunset Staff can be recieved by talking to Felkin with 20+ Int and 20+ Faith. The mimic outside Aldia's Keep also drops it. Reward: Forbidden Sun.
- Emerald Herald: The Aged Feather can be recieved by talking to the Herald at the Dragon Aerie. Reward: Unleash Magic.
After turning all the assassinations, Navlaan will open his shop and reward you with the Chaos armour set.

Presents from NPCs:
Agdayne: After defeating Velstadt and picking up the King's Ring, talk to him to get his armour set & Darkdrift.
Captain Drummond: Exhaust his dialogue in Memory of Vammar. Return to him after beating the Giant Lord and he'll give you the Drangleic Helm.
Cale: Talk to him after you've lit all the fires on the map to get his armour set.
Carhillion: Talk to him with 30+ Int and he'll give you the Northern Ritual Band +1 ring.
Chloanne: Talk to her after spending 20.000 souls with her and she'll give a Twinkling Titanite.
Crestfallen Warrior: Gives you a Ring of Steel Protection after you've died 100 times. Gives a Soul Vessel after 4 new NPCs have arrived at Majula.
Cromwell: Talk to him with 35+ Faith and he'll give you the Ring of Resistance.
Emerald Herald: Talk to her at the Dragon Aerie to get the Aged Feather.
Felkin: Talk to him with 20+ Int and 20+ Faith and he'll give you the Hexer set & the Sunset Staff.
Gavlan: Gavlan wheel? Gavlan deal! Talk to him after spending 16.000 souls with him and he'll give you the Gyrm Greataxe.
Gilligan: Talk to him after buying the 12.000 souls ladder and he'll give you Melu Scimitar
Head Of Vengarl: Exhaust his dialogue to get Vengarl's helm.
Lenigrast: Talk to him after spending 8000 souls with him and he'll give you the Blacksmith's Hammer
Magerold: After spending 10.000 souls with im, talk to him to get the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1.
Manscorpion Tark: Wear the Ring of Whispers in order to talk to him. After beating Najka, he'll give you a Fragrant Branch of Yore. After beating the Duke´s Dear Freja, he´ll give you the Second Dragon Ring.
Maughlin: Expands his shop inventory twice after you spend 1.000 & another 16.000 souls with him. After you've expanded his inventory twice, talk to him while you have 0 souls on you and he'll give you the transparent Aurous armour set.
McDuff: Light the brazier at the other end of the room from where McDuff's sitting. Rest at the bonfire and McDuff will have moved, allowing you to open the chest he was sitting on. Talk to him after spending 12.000 souls on infusing weapons to get a Titanite Slab.
Melentia: Talk to her after spending 10.000 souls with and after she's moved to Majula and she'll give you the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1.
Milibeth: Talk to her after defeating the two Ogres near the coffin on the beach in Things Betwixt to recieve the best weapon in the game.
Milfanito in the first hut: Exhaust her dialogue to get a Smooth and Silky Stone. Talk to her after defeating the Demon of Song to get a Divine Blessing. Talk to her after freeing the Milfanito in Drangleic Castle to get another Divine Blessing.
Milfanito next to the Altar: Exhaust her dialogue to get a Smooth and Silky Stone. Talk to her after defeating the Demon of Song to get a Divine Blessing. Talk to her after freeing the Milfanito in Drangleic Castle to get a Fire Seed.
Licia: Talk to her with 30+ Faith and she'll give you the Saint's set and Idol's Chime.
Old Firekeepers: Talk to them after getting the King's Ring and they'll give you 6 Human Effigies.
Straid: Talk to him after trading 4 boss souls and he'll give you the Black armour set.
Targray: After reaching rank 3 in the Blue Sentinel covenant, talk to him to get his armour set.
Wellager: Talk to him after beating the Giant Lord to get the Royal Dirk & Espada Ropera.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 15, 2014

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Are you holding the Mace of the Insolent in your right hand? Because I think, for some reason, weapon enchantments only work if the catalyst is in your left and the weapon in your right, and viceversa for the spells that affect your shield.

Nah, if you're dual-wielding blue flames (for example) you can use them to buff each other with a strong attack on each side, respectively.

King of Solomon posted:

...the Mirror Knight is bugged, his lightning attack ignores your volume level. Try turning everything else up and your speakers/headphones down.

I personally like that bug/feature. I kill music and turn volume down in most games so I can voice chat with buddies while playing, and that attack scared the hell out of me the first time he did it because it made you feel like "BAM LIGHTNING STRIKE HOLY poo poo THAT'S STRONG". It sounded like a bolt of actual lightning should feel.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

sushibandit posted:

Nah, if you're dual-wielding blue flames (for example) you can use them to buff each other with a strong attack on each side, respectively.

This is correct. Dark Weapon specifically requires a staff to use, so the Mace of the Insolent can't cast it at all. This is annoying, because I want to power stance buffed Mace of the Insolents, but I don't want to use Resonant Weapon to do so.

quote:

I personally like that bug/feature. I kill music and turn volume down in most games so I can voice chat with buddies while playing, and that attack scared the hell out of me the first time he did it because it made you feel like "BAM LIGHTNING STRIKE HOLY poo poo THAT'S STRONG". It sounded like a bolt of actual lightning should feel.

It's loving hilarious is what it is. It's so loud.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Raygereio posted:

- Felkin: The Sunset Staff can be recieved by talking to Felking with 20+ Int and 20+ Faith. Reward: Forbidden Sun.

You can also get one from the Mimic right outside Aldia's Keep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

King of Solomon posted:

It's loving hilarious is what it is. It's so loud.

It didn't carry out to my speakers correctly, for some reason. It just cut out the sound, ha. I expected to hear *BLAM*, but I heard *BL_M*!!!