Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just missed getting the individual LazyDaken. I don't know how so many people were able to score so drat high. It's not like I didn't play. gently caress that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Game's being wonky. I got my daily resupply and it told me I should join an alliance.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
The latest update has a new feature where you can dump all the ISO you have into leveling a character to max. Handy, maybe, but it's clear at this point the game is catering to the whales who don't think twice about dumping money into the game. It's not yet "99 cents to continue playing" like Candy Crush, but drat, I think I don't blame anyone who burns out on this game. I just keep at it because it's easy to play between train stops.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

whales are mammals and therefore must be milked

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013
Looks like Lazy Daken broke the game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The Daken is a lie.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I was one spot away from getting two lazydaken covers. So mad I was about to drop this dumb game. Probably won't as I need something to do on my way to work.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Anyone stuck playing on a first-gen iPad may be happy to know that the option to skip the update is back. Very handy if you hadn't already linked to Facebook for backing up your account.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I was playing on my lunch break in the Iron Man event while it wasn't showing scores. It turns out it wasn't just not showing them. It wasn't recording them either! I'm glad I only lost about four matches' worth.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hey idiot game, give me my Lazy Daken already.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Since i'm not anywhere placing high enough to get Lazydaken covers i've not hit whaletown yet and am still enjoying myself. How long have I got before I become bitter about #51 place finishes and seeing Thor every match?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

MikeCrotch posted:

Since i'm not anywhere placing high enough to get Lazydaken covers i've not hit whaletown yet and am still enjoying myself. How long have I got before I become bitter about #51 place finishes and seeing Thor every match?

I don't remember that part, I'm too busy being bitter over seeing two level 141 characters every match.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Sefer posted:

I don't remember that part, I'm too busy being bitter over seeing two level 141 characters every match.

All I see are 85 obws and 141 punishers. poo poo man.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
My ten pack was full of poo poo. All thors wolverines and storms, which I have maxed already, gently caress

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Well the events tab went from displaying my rank in the Daken event to not even showing it anymore. I just want my first real character :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've been unable to play since yesterday. It keeps awarding me 500ISO before immediately saying there's an error, then loops. Pretty annoying.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just had a look, showing no events available and no alliance. Lazy Daken truly was the end of the MPQ world.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

In his final act of defiance before his nerf, Spider-Man has stunlocked the game servers.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I was just checking this thread to see if anyone had gotten their LazyDaken covers yet. Bummer.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally have lazy cap up near 100 and he is a total stud when paired with the hood or obw. Dare I say I'm actually enjoying this game right now? I'm sure they will ruin it again somehow soon (missing Dakens not withstanding)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just wait till we get level 400 npc missions without any ability to stun or heal. It'll be great, because you'll still be able to buy boosts and heals with real money!

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

intangible posted:

I was just checking this thread to see if anyone had gotten their LazyDaken covers yet. Bummer.

I got mine yesterday before all the crashing.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
And the last season 1 pvp event?

Yup. LazyDaken

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sure would be fantastic if my Lazy Daken reward would come through and the Facebook login wasn't so flaky all week.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Events are currently hosed so I can't even get the 300 points Iron Man token. Won't have time to get it before the end either.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

JBones posted:

And the last season 1 pvp event?

Yup. LazyDaken

Probably not anymore since they extended season 1 by 2 days 12 hours, or the length of another PvP tournament.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Probably not anymore since they extended season 1 by 2 days 12 hours, or the length of another PvP tournament.

Go shame yourself for correcting me.

(My post was before the announcement)

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New app update in the Play store and alliance Dakens were delivered.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

JBones posted:

Go shame yourself for correcting me.

(My post was before the announcement)

You post the weirdest things to try to rile me up... I'm only trying to help you, usually :o:

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
It's really lame that the new level up to full button doesn't just use all your iso on hand first.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Going up against OBW/Thor (as 2 star myself) - who's best to target first? Seems like either way, it's down to complete luck whether I can avoid getting stormed on at least once, either through the time it takes to get to Thor second, or because I leave OBW alive and she's healing/stealing too much.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evil Vin posted:

It's really lame that the new level up to full button doesn't just use all your iso on hand first.
Wait what? What other ISO can it use?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Goldom posted:

Going up against OBW/Thor (as 2 star myself) - who's best to target first? Seems like either way, it's down to complete luck whether I can avoid getting stormed on at least once, either through the time it takes to get to Thor second, or because I leave OBW alive and she's healing/stealing too much.

I would always take out anyone messing with your AP first; Hood or OBW should be your first targets when they show up. Healers second, so OBW and Spidey are next on the list.

You'll have an easier time dealing with Thor once you're not losing AP, particularly if it means it's easier for you to get off AP stealing things of your own.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Ghostlight posted:

Wait what? What other ISO can it use?

I hoped it would just use your ISO then would ask you if you want to buy more to finish it off. Instead it straight up asks for you to buy some to fill your dude up if you don't have enough.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Goldom posted:

With somebody like OBW, I try to injure them enough where she'll fall in the range of one of my one shot abilities (usually retribution with Punisher) before focusing on others.

And even if you don't need green, you should always focus on matching them so Thor can't get enough to destroy your team.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
These brackets. :negative: 800 points puts me at 50th place. Uhg.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

IM40 results: Top 25, 912 points, didn't even shield once :smug:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neeeerd!

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Got about 800 points.
Placed 70th.
Top 10 were all 1000+.
:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010
1100 got me top 5 but shielded 4.5 hours out. Only reason I got as high as I did was likely my 3/5/3 Ironman who I was able to bump up to 4/5/3 :)

Highest I've ever gone, shame Alliance only made top 500 or something.