Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

You are all crazy and dumb for thinking Russel Wilson is any better than Andrew Luck.

Wilson got one of the best defenses of all time and Marshawn Lynch.

Luck had his head coach out sick with cancer, then changes back to his head coach, a terrible defense, no receivers, and Trent Richardson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's going to be pretty awkward if Chuck Pagano turns out to be a terrible coach and has to be fired.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Child please, call me when does PATs then Kickoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdP6HdtTd8

Every year I find myself missing Chad more and more :smith:

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They're all trash compared to one Matthew Stafford.

I wanted to empty quote this but I feel like people would think I was being sarcastic.

Also, I think Luck has a better year than all quarterbacks not named Manning or Rivers this year.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Andrew Luck is really bad and ugly unlike handsome cool quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alex Green refuses to sell Calvin Pryor #25
Jets claim Daryl Richardson
Jets cut Alex Green
Calvin Pryor gets #25

If you're a bottom of the roster guy, dude, always take the money.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No poo poo. 25k for a number? Save it

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Andrew Luck is really bad and ugly unlike handsome cool quarterback Matthew Stafford.

He has it all. Including my heart.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Benne posted:

It's going to be pretty awkward if Chuck Pagano turns out to be a terrible coach and has to be fired.

I think every Colts fan would secretly have traded him for Arians after watching last year. I don't think Pagano is bad, but he is going to need a good OC to balance things while Pagano focuses on the defense. It seems like he knows that, so we shall see.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Danny LaFever posted:

He has it all. Including my heart.

Not a QB alive is better at killing kegs and having a smoking hot fiancee.

#staffInfection

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's like McNabb's career. If he had Terrell Owens from 2000 on, forget about it. Hall of Fame resume, stamp. But they gave him loving.. Freddy Mitchell and James Thrash. And then when TO imploded, they decided "clearly the solution here is to never trust a good wide receiver again. Here, Donovan, have this Reggie Brown. He got his brains shoved out of his head in college. Wait, there's more, here's mediocre situational deep threat Donte Stallworth." And as a result the best receiver was Brian Westbrook for four years.

Soon we'll get to see Cam Newton reduced to "oh he's just not clutch, he's not really a franchise quarterback" because the Panthers replaced his best players with a rookie who can't catch and Jason Avant, a wide receiver who can't run. And a head coach that thinks "Y'know, I bet Deangelo Williams still has tread on those tires."

e: My point is we'll never get to see how loving crazy talented Andrew Luck is. And it's all Peyton Manning's fault, and his stupid neck

I always wish they gave McNabb more options, and like you alluded to, it's no surprise that when they picked up Owens in 2004 that they went to the Super Bowl. Management someone how thought that receivers like Todd Pinkston were enough.

Also, thinking back to those early 2000 Eagle teams makes me sad that I can't watch a secondary with Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, and Brian Dawkins anymore :(

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am really glad the national media are being blocked from Browns' practices. They are already breaking down Manziel's 3-3 passing day in the 15 minutes media were allowed to be there. Good lord.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The "DEAR ED GUNS HOCCULI" game is on NFL Network right now if anyone wants to relive charger fans' sadness

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
why would that game be on any TV ever

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

They're all trash compared to one Matthew Stafford.

*Throws Sidearm into Triple Coverage*

if (target == "Megatron")
play.outcome.completion == true;
else
{
play.outcome.completion == false;
play.outcome.interception = true;
}

edit i r good at coding. Though I suppose my initial code is more accurate

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 17, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Whoops that's a 100% interception rate

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Dexo posted:

else
{
}

I can't read this poo poo, please run it through the Sexy Rexy Cumpiler.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Dexo posted:

else
{
}

-1 missing set of braces

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Dexo posted:

else
{
}

Know how I know youre a nerd?

You post on a comedy internet forum about football :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Schwack posted:

Know how I know youre a nerd?

I corrected someone's joke code?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Marketing New Brain posted:

I can't read this poo poo, please run it through the Sexy Rexy Cumpiler.

code:
if(play.type != "run")
{
 //if(Bears.players.WideRecievers["BenardBerrian"].isOpen)
   //{
      Bears.Player.QuarterBacks["RexGrossman"].ThrowDeep("BenardBerrian")
   //}
 //else
   //{
   // Bears.Player.QuarterBacks["RexGrossman"].CheckDown("DezClark") 
   //}
}
else
{
  Bears.Player.RunningBack["CedricBenson"].YardsGained = 2
}

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 17, 2014

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Where's the part where the deep pass clanks off Berrian's hands and Muhsin Muhammad gets real salty that nobody threw him the ball?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
There is a cool little behind the scenes of the draft thing right now on ABC

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Mike Evans made a decent one handed catch at rookie mini camp.

Edit: Not sure if this fits better in another thread?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Stafford has a really dumb fat person face + bad haircut

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's an adult Chunk from the Goonies.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Now I wish his TD dance was the truffle shuffle :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

He's an adult Chunk from the Goonies.

Something about Titus Young being Sloth.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Today is Devon Walker's graduation day. Devon was a safety during his time playing football in Tulane, which was unfortunately cut short in 2012 when an attempted tackle to a Tulsa player went awry and resulted in him being paralyzed. Today, not only did Devon graduate, but hours later he was officially signed by the Saints. :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I posted about him in the NCAA thread. I remember when he got hurt there were all sorts of things reported about how he needed a tracheotomy on the field (which I think I read later on might not have actually happened on the field) and how close he was to death both on the field and for months afterward. It's a nice thing for the Saints to do, and I can't imagine what goes into graduating when you can't move anything below your shoulders.

Dennis Dodd wrote a thing on him and there's this Sports Illustrated article on him from a couple of weeks ago.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-1-j-j-watt/

Yup JJ Watt is ridiculous

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

This is loving ridiculous.

nedit: That's not sarcasm, please read the link

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Good for him, but wouldn't a job with the Saints organization have been a better outcome? I mean, sure, this lets him "retire" a Saint, but he ain't gonna make the first round of roster cuts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ulmont posted:

Good for him, but wouldn't a job with the Saints organization have been a better outcome? I mean, sure, this lets him "retire" a Saint, but he ain't gonna make the first round of roster cuts.

Uh...what? Yeah it's purely symbolic and still cool. He apparently wants to go to Peru for treatment of some sort that he can't get here (something to do with stem cells), so he probably wouldn't accept a job anyway.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Stafford has a really dumb fat person face + bad haircut

A successful goon living the dream.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The Sherman article is kind of whack because PFF starts getting into "clutch" territory.

quote:

In his three postseason games he collected a +4.1 grade and allowed just two catches for ten yards, both of which came in the Super Bowl. Great players are at their best when the stakes are the highest and Sherman certainly fit that description in 2013.

quote:

Key Stat: Allowed a passer rating of 41.4 into his coverage, including the postseason.

PHI G Mathis also pretty cool:

quote:

This last season he was the top-ranked guard in the league by some distance, with a run-blocking grade of +40.2, more than twice as much as the next best guard...

Right now Evan Mathis is the gold standard at the position in the NFL. He may not look like Larry Allen, but there isn’t a guard in the league that is playing as well as he is...

Lynch:

quote:

Key Stat: Forced 108 missed tackles including the postseason.

Marshawn Lynch is the toughest back in the league to take to the ground, and this is a league containing Adrian Peterson. He just does not go down easily and the sheer volume of missed tackles he forced this year is a testament to that. He forced 31 more misses than the next best mark, that’s two per game.

I also thought it was pretty cool that Jamaal Charles made the list at #11

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I stumbled into the Sporcle time-sink again and found out this depressing fact.

Josh Freeman is the Bucs' all-time leader in passing touchdowns. :eng99:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Roddy White's brother was killed in a shooting :smith:

http://tracking.si.com/2014/05/17/roddy-white-brother-killed-shooting/

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Benne posted:

I stumbled into the Sporcle time-sink again and found out this depressing fact.

Josh Freeman is the Bucs' all-time leader in passing touchdowns. :eng99:

Who would the other options even be? Brad Johnson? Doug Johnson? Shaun King? It is a not a proud list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Who would the other options even be? Brad Johnson? Doug Johnson? Shaun King? It is a not a proud list.

It's seriously bad. Reading that article about the Bucs picking the wrong guy in the '82 draft I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of a Doug Williams curse. I mean he's a nice story and all and I'm really glad he won a Super Bowl but...man he wasn't good.

• Locked thread