Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Nate RFB posted:

How do people keep on accidentally getting into relationships with the girls? They make it really obvious when it happens during a Link

I see somebody forgot about Rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

How do people keep on accidentally getting into relationships with the girls? They make it really obvious when it happens during a Link; just reload your save! That's what the skip function is for.

Turns out the target audience for dating sims is pretty bad at reading social cues. Who'd have guessed?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poonerman posted:

It was really obvious then too if you thought about it for a bit.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Doesn't the game tell you HEY NO TURNING BACK NOW CHAMP right before those choices? The only even mildly confusing one is Rise.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Strange Quark posted:

It was really obvious then too if you thought about it for a bit.

The game also makes it obvious when it explicitly states :frogsiren: WARNING: DECISION TIME :frogsiren: too.

Although I can see why it would trip up more than a few folks.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

UberJumper posted:

I don't understand, why everyone hates marie. She has been completely fine (aside from her poetry), so far and i am at level 5 srank. Unless something terrible happens.

Apparently i was wrong about Adachi :unsmith:. I was semi wondering when that creepy kid would come back.

Also apparently i entered into an intimate relationship with Yukiko. :smith:

Now i know what i am going to do, get in relationships with all the girls i don't like. Then shatter all their hearts. :unsmigghh:

Nate RFB posted:

How do people keep on accidentally getting into relationships with the girls? They make it really obvious when it happens during a Link; just reload your save! That's what the skip function is for.

I am really bad with saving, i usually go for a dozen or so days between saving.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Are you sure about that? Because from what I remember about Yukiko's S. Link, you need to outright tell her you love her to enter a relationship. So unless you picked that option accidentally I don't know how you could have entered into a relationship with her.

I told her i "liked her", it was only the rank 8->9, so i thought i had some more time. Then the game told me i was in an intimate relationship. Can.. i romance... Kanji?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Blundering into a Rise relationship is understandable but there is no excuse for derping into Yukiko.

And no Kanji isn't romanceable.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 18, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

UberJumper posted:

I told her i "liked her", it was only the rank 8->9, so i thought i had some more time. Then the game told me i was in an intimate relationship. Can.. i romance... Kanji?

You told a teenage girl you like liked her.

But yeah, almost all the relationships kick in before the final rank I believe, though Ai is kinda tricky in that regard.

Also no you can't. No Yosuke or Teddie, either. I know. :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

UberJumper posted:

The game gives you several opportunities to drop hints about liking boys and you can hug one if you play your cards right (probably not the one you want though), but you can date exactly zero of them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Seriously the only way I can picture someone accidentally romancing Yukiko is if you literally aren't reading. She bashfully asks you how you feel about her and your options are 1) You're my classmate 2) You're my friend and 3) I really like you

HMMMMMM

HMMMMM

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Reminds me of that one guy who accidentally went gay in New Vegas because he couldn't pick up on the hints.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Looper posted:

You told a teenage girl you like liked her.

A teenage girl who you are fighting side by side with in an alternate dimension where you are basically fighting demons. I would expect her to be a bit more callous about the whole dating thing.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

A Bystander posted:

Reminds me of that one guy who accidentally went gay in New Vegas because he couldn't pick up on the hints.

I want to hear more about this.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

UberJumper posted:

A teenage girl who you are fighting side by side with in an alternate dimension where you are basically fighting demons. I would expect her to be a bit more callous about the whole dating thing.

Lemmie tell you about a little thing called animes....

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

You can't romance the boys in their social links, but most of the holiday events give you the option of having a guys' night instead of spending time with one of the girls.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

UberJumper posted:

Let me tell you a little thing about teenaged girls...

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Captain Oblivious posted:

Seriously the only way I can picture someone accidentally romancing Yukiko is if you literally aren't reading. She bashfully asks you how you feel about her and your options are 1) You're my classmate 2) You're my friend and 3) I really like you

HMMMMMM

HMMMMM

Probably a little bit of both. Oh well Yukiko i hope your ready to get your heart shattered on Valentines day.

:unsmigghh:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Neurion posted:

I want to hear more about this.

There's something called Confirmed Bachelor where, if chosen, gives you dialogue options with homosexual overtones. In spite of the name and the description of the skill (perk? whatever the gently caress), he went through with it and was confused as to why he could hit on dudes.

E:

UberJumper posted:

Probably a little bit of both. Oh well Yukiko i hope your ready to get your heart shattered on Valentines day.

:unsmigghh:

If you're going to go that far, you may as well go all the way and date every single girl you can for maximum douche.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 18, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Wait, someone accidentally went out with Yukiko? How? The only one that is easier to avoid (if you wanted) is Chie, because one of the two options is LITERALLY "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Prozach posted:

Wait, someone accidentally went out with Yukiko? How? The only one that is easier to avoid (if you wanted) is Chie, because one of the two options is LITERALLY "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Really Pants posted:

Turns out the target audience for dating sims is pretty bad at reading social cues. Who'd have guessed?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Strange Quark posted:

The game gives you several opportunities to drop hints about liking boys and you can hug one if you play your cards right

Two, actually. Teddie when he's staying at your house in January, and Yosuke in one of his later S-Link events.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thuryl posted:

Two, actually. Teddie when he's staying at your house in January, and Yosuke in one of his later S-Link events.

Dang, I forgot about Teddie. But isn't that the one where you can either hug or almost kiss him, not both?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
What the gently caress am i supposed to do against blue sigils?

They are immune to light, dark, and absorb fire, ice, wind, lighting. They start the battle by casting a reflect physical spell, and spend their time throwing aoe spells that do 150~ damage each.

The rest of the dungeon was cake, but these guys what the gently caress am i supposed to do? Only Yukiko has a spell to break their elemental defenses. But after breaking it fire does 30hp tops.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're weak to physical attacks. You need to take a reflected attack if they cast Tetrakarn.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

MrAristocrates posted:

They're weak to physical attacks. You need to take a reflected attack if they cast Tetrakarn.

How many times do i need to attack it for it to break? I have dropped rampage and a bunch of other physical skills and it is still just being reflected back to me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Once is enough.

e: but it'll reflect the entire move, so multi-hit attacks will reflect all of their hits.

Arist fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 18, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Strange Quark posted:

Dang, I forgot about Teddie. But isn't that the one where you can either hug or almost kiss him, not both?

Yeah, I think so. But it does give you the best Dojima line in the game.

http://i6.minus.com/izh6teWscHzeQ.jpg
http://i5.minus.com/iT5a1S3yAFumR.jpg
http://i7.minus.com/ibkBrDncvVp7M6.jpg

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

MrAristocrates posted:

Once is enough.

Its not doing anything...? I have hit it a dozen or so times, and they do the little shield thing and its reflected back to me..? Yeah, i have yukiko hit it with her fan, its reflected back, then teddie punches the same one and it too is reflected, kanji attacks it as well and its reflected....?

*EDIT* used a vanish ball, and ran away. Ran into another blue sigil, and breaking the shield works fine. :iiam:

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 18, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Haha I had forgotten about this. Det. Ryotaro Dojima: Not Down With Makeouts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In P4G it's even more obvious, because the first time you go out with a girl it goes TROPHY UNLOCKED!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Haha I had forgotten about this. Det. Ryotaro Dojima: Not Down With Makeouts.

Doesn't he say it regardless of what you choose? I'm pretty sure he does.

Jumping on the "how the hell did you not realize what was happening with Yukiko" bandwagon. Dude, really?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

But he says "Great Vegetables" all the time :confused:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Ah, Uberjumper. It's such a joy to read about the antics of someone playing through P4G blind. :allears:

I remember getting it for my birthday a bit more than a year ago. I was still in June when a page on the shin megami tensei wiki just casually spoiled the culprit for me. :smith:

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Yeah, we're giving you a hard time with all these spoilers, UberJumper, but it's fun to watch someone play through the game we love so much for the first time. :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

UberJumper posted:

They are immune to light, dark, and absorb fire, ice, wind, lighting. They start the battle by casting a reflect physical spell, and spend their time throwing aoe spells that do 150~ damage each.

The rest of the dungeon was cake, but these guys what the gently caress am i supposed to do? Only Yukiko has a spell to break their elemental defenses. But after breaking it fire does 30hp tops.

There is a Tetra Break skill that can remove all their mirrors in one go, but it's best to smack Shadows from behind and get the first turn as often as possible.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Poonerman posted:

Every time you trigger a romance flag, the game says something to the equivalent of "There's no turning back now. You are now in a romantic relationship with X."

UberJumper posted:

I am really bad with saving, i usually go for a dozen or so days between saving.
You have no one to blame but yourself for that :colbert:

Usually I'd have three sets of saves: One for the dungeon, one for right after I've finished the dungeon, and a daily save. That way I can jump back a couple weeks if really necessary and can savescum the current day if need be as well. With the skip function even a couple of weeks would only take a handful of minutes anyway.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

UberJumper posted:

You can also fuse a Tao Tie with Megido, that should work against them. It's also really good for killing those golden hands.

nofaves
Mar 26, 2005

Kublai Khan is my homeboy.
Ugh, I tell you, nothing's more awkward than trying to fuse Mara at a family gathering.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

nofaves posted:

Ugh, I tell you, nothing's more awkward than trying to fuse Mara at a family gathering.

Fusing Satan while at a family gathering of very religious people would probably be a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Satan's a close second either way considering the design.

• Locked thread