Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Miltank posted:

Oh my god how i hate gunchat outside of gun thread

I'm sorry, did you miss Comes Along Bort's post? Here, I'll quote it so you can read it again:

comes along bort posted:

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING!

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY poo poo STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO gently caress YOURSELF IN rear end in a top hat FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO?

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU gently caress IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB poo poo PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Here's the thing, that might actually happen. These people are crazy and getting crazier, and eventually one or more will snap. Of course, if they didn't have guns and American gun culture, we wouldn't have that risk.

Someone shooting up a Moms Against Guns rally at a small-town elementary school. That's what event.

"False flag!":freep:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Jeedy Jay posted:

They would alternate between that and "if they had been armed they could have defended themselves"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If only the 2 year olds getting accidentally shot by their 3 year old siblings had guns as well.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

effectual posted:

If only the 2 year olds getting accidentally shot by their 3 year old siblings had guns as well.

There should be OSHA-style gun macros getting disseminated. Firearms are dangerous in the same way as rotating equipment but everyone knows not to sit a 3-year old next to a lathe.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 18, 2014

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

There should be OSHA-style gun macros getting disseminated. Firearms are dangerous in the same way as rotating equipment but everyone knows not to sit a 3-year old next to a lathe.

If democrats advocated programs for gun safety education, would this also be touted as "taken are gons" legislation? I mean, is there anything anyone can do to sate the permanent bloodlust of gun owners for liberals?

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

Warchicken posted:

If democrats advocated programs for gun safety education, would this also be touted as "taken are gons" legislation? I mean, is there anything anyone can do to sate the permanent bloodlust of gun owners for liberals?

No. When the monsters go away, they make up new ones.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jeedy Jay posted:

Then they'll find the forum they were all posting on. "False forum! Will Bloomberg stop at nothing."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Magres posted:

They would alternate between that and "if they had been armed they could have defended themselves"

Wonder what would happen if some crazy attacked NRA headquarters.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gyges posted:

Wonder what would happen if some crazy attacked NRA headquarters.
Already predicted:

Jeedy Jay posted:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
We seriously need to get President Obama a pet raccoon just for all the unintentional and public verbal faux pas that would follow, not to mention the explosion of wordplay jokes and bumper stickers from the FREEP crowd. It'd be like racist catnip.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Warchicken posted:

Off hand, I know that Massachusetts has a mandatory NRA Certified firearms safety course if you wanted to get carded up. Could probably extrapolate from how legislation like that's received.

I remember Red Asphalt IV from Driver's Ed. It'd be hilarious to get something like that for gun owners. Probably do some good, too.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
John McCain was a fan of a home run by Paul Goldschmidt at the Diamondbacks game last night.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
'Fire bad'.

Sorry, that's just mean on my part.

Aw drat, I forgot it was from torture, I thought it was old age on my part. Now I feel even worse. Very bad taste.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 18, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Bread good. Fire bad.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Joementum posted:

John McCain was a fan of a home run by Paul Goldschmidt at the Diamondbacks game last night.

I know McCain is alternately a decent person/spineless sack of poo poo, but the man physically cannot raise his arms above shoulder level thanks to being tortured.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

OAquinas posted:

I know McCain is alternately a decent person/spineless sack of poo poo, but the man physically cannot raise his arms above shoulder level thanks to being tortured.

I was under the impression he was never tortured because his daddy was in charge of the navy. Is this incorrect?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah but his face is funny

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I was under the impression he was never tortured because his daddy was in charge of the navy. Is this incorrect?

No. He was captured and tortured. He did manage to crash several planes and keep flying because of family connections, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like to think of him like Launchpad McQuack. Just too bad he couldn't work for a treasure hunting elder Koch and his three sons.

Pretty sure that's the alternate history were he not captured.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I'm sorry, did you miss Comes Along Bort's post? Here, I'll quote it so you can read it again:

It's from 4chan from like 4 years ago

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Yeah McCain's military history is pretty :laffo: right up until he was captured and tortured for years. Then it's less MASH and more... MASH if each episode ended in a POW camp. :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Teddybear posted:

Yeah McCain's military history is pretty :laffo: right up until he was captured and tortured for years. Then it's less MASH and more... MASH if each episode ended in a POW camp. :smith:

For a while there it seriously was like the "Upper Class Twit of the Year" sketch but with Navy jets.

Honestly it's sort of a wonder he didn't turn out worse, like Arizona sunburn Hitler instead of just Republican Two - Face.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Well well, looks like the Something Awful forums have their own Benghazi. What else are you hiding, comes along bort?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OAquinas posted:

I think you're missing the greater point here, which is that he looks like a person trying to imitate what a celebration for a home run looks like.

Largely because he's a dishonest, disingenuous piece of poo poo.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
He looks like a person who was tortured so badly by Viet Kong in the Hanoi Hilton that he can't raise his arms above his shoulders.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I dunno, I think you could photoshop some force lightning Palpatine style into it and call it a day.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

I think you're missing the greater point here, which is that he looks like a person trying to imitate what a celebration for a home run looks like.

Look we all dislike republicans as much as you but stop loving making fun of someone for looking funny thanks to injuries sustained through torture at a pow camp because it's really not cool dude what aren't you getting about this

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wow that's great. "Raaah look at that filth, everything he does is evil. RAAAH LOOK AT HOW HE CELEBRATES A HOME RUN, CLEARLY A FALSE, HOLLOW MAN. NO I'M DOUBLING DOWN ON THIS poo poo."

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

You're a loving despicable person and I hope someone breaks your arms. gently caress you.

Say what you want about McCain's abysmal aviation record, the man deserves respect for what he went through in Vietnam and especially the decisions he made as a POW.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Plus there's plenty to make fun of him for without bringing up something like that. Sure it LOOKS weird but c'mon now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's ok guys, clearly he just forgot that McCain and Romney are different people. It happens to all of us sometimes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Accretionist posted:

I have no idea where you get this kind of faith in humanity but given the frequency teenagers (or older) do stupid poo poo like wear their hair long, and hanging out, while using machines is horrifically high. In middle school a kid a grade or two above my brother had their hair catch in a drill and it ripped out about a 1 inch diameter patch from their scalp. Needless to say by the time I had the class a few years later the teacher was very, very diligent about people tying up their hair and showing pictures of a drill press with hair and blood on it to those who did want to do so. :gonk:

So yes, give the diehard gun owners each a lathe and I have no doubt there will be some gruesome stories within the year.

agarjogger posted:

No. When the monsters go away, they make up new ones.

The monsters didn't go away. They are being quiet to trick you and strike when you don't expect it and let down your guard. :freep:

It's believed that when they found out McCain's family connection, and thus value, they took extra care with him because regardless of what info he did or did not have he was going to be rather valuable alive. In 2008 when people thought it'd be McCain vs Hilary there was a lot of huffing(of glue) on the right and Talk Radio about how Clinton had dug up dirt on him to paint him as selling out the country as a POW or whatever. You know, something that certainly would not have a chance at backfiring horribly because holy poo poo are you seriously attacking a political opponent for being tortured by the Viet Cong?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Yeah, thanks for re-quoting that long post I'm not gonna read anytime soon.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That sounds like something Mark Penn would float to be honest. I'm still afraid that suddenly, at the last minute, Mark Penn will do something to make Rand Paul president. Mark Penn is going to cause the end of the world.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If it's from 4chan, it almost certainly is from 2007 or 2008, the last time 4chan had any original content.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's believed that when they found out McCain's family connection, and thus value, they took extra care with him because regardless of what info he did or did not have he was going to be rather valuable alive. In 2008 when people thought it'd be McCain vs Hilary there was a lot of huffing(of glue) on the right and Talk Radio about how Clinton had dug up dirt on him to paint him as selling out the country as a POW or whatever. You know, something that certainly would not have a chance at backfiring horribly because holy poo poo are you seriously attacking a political opponent for being tortured by the Viet Cong?

Well, there were groups that shamelessly attacked Kerry along the lines of his service in 2004. Perhaps in 2008 it was the same people who just assumed it was totally normal to go after someone for their service, not realizing they are wretched pieces of poo poo to do so?

SedanChair posted:

That sounds like something Mark Penn would float to be honest. I'm still afraid that suddenly, at the last minute, Mark Penn will do something to make Rand Paul president. Mark Penn is going to cause the end of the world.

Mark Penn

Mark Penn

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

And so continues the Republican tradition of doing horrible things then accusing the Left of doing it :smith:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

John McCain was refused life saving medical care until it was known that he was the son of an admiral. He was given the option to be released early due to his family connections and refused to leave sooner than any man captured before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SedanChair posted:

This is the way the world ends, not with bang but with Mark Penn.

• Locked thread