Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Got a purple daken with the 300 reward. Yay?

Also only 14 people played yesterday. No shame though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Any goon alliances open? I'm loving tired of getting insta-booted from any alliance I join for not having 3000+ Season 1 score, despite playing quite a bit. Just started playing about two weeks ago.

I'm DrOoze in the game. Is there a direct invite system or some such?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Heh Snazzy Frocks is in my bracket. Number 1 with 961 points.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Did D3 increase the size of the PVP pools recently?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Happy Bear Suit posted:

IM40 results: Top 25, 912 points, didn't even shield once :smug:
I was more-or-less I the same boat. Not sure if it was my bracket, my team, or dumb luck, but it was nice to know I don't have to shield to get a decent ranking.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

I was more-or-less I the same boat. Not sure if it was my bracket, my team, or dumb luck, but it was nice to know I don't have to shield to get a decent ranking.

What are these magical teams that you're running that no one dares attack?

herakles
Jan 17, 2009

JBones posted:

I tend to avoid teams with Ares and any healer/AP stealer, just because Ares has a pretty good chance of blowing someone up by the time I kill Hood/Spidey/OBW, and he has enough HP that if I focus on him, there's a good chance that he'll either get a massive heal, or they will steal enough AP for him to blow someone up.

Hulk, for pretty much the same reasons.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

herakles posted:

I tend to avoid teams with Ares and any healer/AP stealer, just because Ares has a pretty good chance of blowing someone up by the time I kill Hood/Spidey/OBW, and he has enough HP that if I focus on him, there's a good chance that he'll either get a massive heal, or they will steal enough AP for him to blow someone up.

Hulk, for pretty much the same reasons.

I run 141 hulk and OBW, people still just chew on me like crazy every time I put my phone down.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

drat I was getting top 10s with like 6-700 points, looks like I made a good decision when I stopped playing.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Scob posted:

drat I was getting top 10s with like 6-700 points, looks like I made a good decision when I stopped playing.

Just shielded #4 with 950. Shield, 5 deadly venoms and 5 deadly poisons in front of me.

What a rainy afternoon.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
With all the recent changes to bracketing I just don't care enough to even try for a high placement since it would take an insane amount of time and probably boosts+hp. Once I realized I didn't even care enough to get 300 points meant that it was time to quit.

I've removed myself from Pizza Dog, so for those of you who haven't hit the incredibly dumb wall of 1k+ top 10 placement and double 141 teams all the time, god speed.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

JBones posted:

Maxed Punisher and OBW, and enough IM40 covers that the event boosted him into the 50s or 60s. I assume I looked just annoying enough that a lot of people skipped me.

On the other hand, plenty of people are chewing on me in this Daken event, probably because I only have one Daken cover.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

slightlyslow posted:

With all the recent changes to bracketing I just don't care enough to even try for a high placement since it would take an insane amount of time and probably boosts+hp. Once I realized I didn't even care enough to get 300 points meant that it was time to quit.

I've removed myself from Pizza Dog, so for those of you who haven't hit the incredibly dumb wall of 1k+ top 10 placement and double 141 teams all the time, god speed.

Sucks man. Sorry to see you go.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We've got TWO spots open in Pizza Dogs. Search for us as a private alliance, apply, then mention it in here!

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I applied under dinglefritter hope to get in even if i'm a filthy casual.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

tankfish posted:

I applied under dinglefritter hope to get in even if i'm a filthy casual.
Being casual is fine, we just want players who are actually active.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

We're all filthy casuals living in the shadow of the skywhales.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Well having no job in the forzen north gives me plenty of time to play so i'm usually pretty active.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
Also, I should mention that Pizza Dog is great and has a healthy balance of laid back and also consistently high ranking people. I was just in a bad spot of not being able to commit more time to the game and hitting a horrible pvp wall.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I'm applying under ScrubJay. I've only been playing for a week but I have more time logged in this game than I did Skyrim already.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Well I'm certainly hitting that.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That moment when you redeem a token, get the gold rare symbol, and it's X-Force Wolverine. :negative:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Fyrbrand posted:

That moment when you redeem a token, get the gold rare symbol, and it's X-Force Wolverine. :negative:
Still better than a Loki or Ragnarok!

They have said they want to make the 4 star heroes better so X-Force might eventually be a stud.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, they finally got around to Spidey, so Mags or Wolv4rine might be up next.

Pizza Dogs still has one empty spot! Search for it under a private alliance, apply, post here!

And I wonder about the end of season 1. Are they putting up another event or just throwing everyone to the wolves in the Shield Simulator.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I just faced a level 96 Lazy Daken (!!!) and you know what? Still easy pickings if you know what you're doing. I don't know why they even bothered, they may as well made a three star Bullseye in his proper costume instead.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Just applied as DrOoze!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Auritech posted:

I just faced a level 96 Lazy Daken (!!!) and you know what? Still easy pickings if you know what you're doing. I don't know why they even bothered, they may as well made a three star Bullseye in his proper costume instead.
If you're seeing him in the current event where he's boosted then it's worth taking into consideration that 96 almost certainly means that he only has one of each cover, so all his abilities are at their weakest possible form, and his stats are on par with a maxed 2-star. Every 3-star is poo poo to ball-sucking at that point.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Ghostlight posted:

If you're seeing him in the current event where he's boosted then it's worth taking into consideration that 96 almost certainly means that he only has one of each cover, so all his abilities are at their weakest possible form, and his stats are on par with a maxed 2-star. Every 3-star is poo poo to ball-sucking at that point.

It should be noted I have been using a level 141 Hulk at this point, so I have a bit of an advantage.

Edit: rethought, point taken

Auritech fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 19, 2014

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Um, it's saying season one ended, not the Daken event :confused:

Thanks for letting me in pizza dogs, by the way.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
New event Krakadoom again :downs:

Psylocke and Bullseye cover rewards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Um, it's saying season one ended, not the Daken event :confused:

Thanks for letting me in pizza dogs, by the way.

Let's just hope they roll out rewards before they realize their mistake so they'll be pressured into letting us double dip Season 1 rewards!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Love the Ragnarok tourneys because all the stupid shitlords running Thor don't realize the computer prioritizes Godlike Power over Call the Storm. :smug:

Easy wins on 99% of nodes since everyone in the entire game runs OBW/Thor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's time for Ragnarok, MStorm and GSBW to shine!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Love the Ragnarok tourneys because all the stupid shitlords running Thor don't realize the computer prioritizes Godlike Power over Call the Storm. :smug:

Easy wins on 99% of nodes since everyone in the entire game runs OBW/Thor.

Tell that to the Thor who just hit me with Call the Storm, then.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Shroud posted:

Tell that to the Thor who just hit me with Call the Storm, then.
There's some variance but when there is a cheap green skill available the AI is significantly less likely to save up for CTS.

Similarly I always fight on a node with someone running both Thor and Wolverine because the computer tends to waste red on Mjolnir's Might instead of Adamantium Slash, and do the strike tiles instead of CTS.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Dr_Gee posted:

Any goon alliances open? I'm loving tired of getting insta-booted from any alliance I join for not having 3000+ Season 1 score, despite playing quite a bit. Just started playing about two weeks ago.

I'm DrOoze in the game. Is there a direct invite system or some such?

Equally there is a spot in Hired Goons if you are willing to expand to the 11th spot (1100HP). Search for it under a private alliance, apply, post here!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It's Sentry time.

e: Unless you don't have Lazy Daken, of course.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 19, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Anals of History posted:

It's Sentry time.

e: Unless you don't have Lazy Daken, of course.
Powered up Ares. Guess this is his final hurrah before being torn in half.

T-4
Mar 14, 2007
Not a machine.
Hey just wanted to post a confirmation that I'm a goon for the Super Goons supergroup. I love the changes they've added for the groups, and the interface in general lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Just what the game needs, more characters! I know I've had my Nick Fury, Lazy Daken, Lazy Thor, Falcon, Lazy Cap, Black Panther, Psylocke and Human Torch maxed for ages and was starting to get bored.

I'm sure by next weekend we'll have Sentry, Lazy Juggernaut, Nightcrawler, Lazy Bullseye, four more Iron Man variants and a Spider-Ham character to max.