Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

So many podcasts been released, but the punchsport podcast didn't record their crazy reactions post ROH? Or are they waiting to be disappointed by RAW before they can talk about how much cooler ROH was?

We did but Hulkamatt hasn't posted it. He may be editing out all of the copyright infringement I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'll try and get it up tomorrow afternoon. Audio quality is what you would expect from people who are in a car, then at a diner and then back in a car.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Devcast Presents: DELTA GREEN
Session One: SEVEN HOURS OF LONG HARD DRAGONFUCKING

Introducing a new Devcast spinoff, as Devcast stalwart BlankGambit, returning guest I Before E, and newcomer StrikingYak begin a new series of adventures helmed by the Devcast's own Doo-Wop Duodenum! Join us in a strange, eldritch adventure in the year 1997, as an assignment to find a rogue Delta Green agent goes incredibly wrong!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is Macklemore really an Observer subscriber/ F4W~! Empire member?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Is Macklemore really an Observer subscriber/ F4W~! Empire member?

Bryan's wife bought some merch from him and it got mixed in with the presents for the Bryan & Vinny Christmas show.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I Before E posted:

SEVEN HOURS OF LONG HARD DRAGONFUCKING

:colbert:

You have piqued my interest....

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
For all the NWA MSW diehards out there, I'm doing a short show this Saturday night with JOHNNY BLAST.

(I'd put the glowing eyes gif right here if I could find it)

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

For all the NWA MSW diehards out there, I'm doing a short show this Saturday night with JOHNNY BLAST.

Tell him I'm sorry I said he looked like Rob Van Dam's Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Come now, give the man some respect, that's former NWA Mountain State Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Johnny Blast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New OSWReview episode, One Night Stand 05, will be up in around half an hour.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rovert posted:

Bryan's wife bought some merch from him and it got mixed in with the presents for the Bryan & Vinny Christmas show.

What a loving bummer that is. MINUS 5 STARS

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

New OSWReview episode, One Night Stand 05, will be up in around half an hour.

This is reminding me why I hated JBL at the time. He's such a smug snarky prick when at the time he was one of the worst drawing WWE champions of all time and was consistently having some of the worst matches as champion. The man wrestled like Stan Hansen had a lobotomy but he feels he can look down on other wrestlers? gently caress off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is reminding me why I hated JBL at the time. He's such a smug snarky prick when at the time he was one of the worst drawing WWE champions of all time and was consistently having some of the worst matches as champion. The man wrestled like Stan Hansen had a lobotomy but he feels he can look down on other wrestlers? gently caress off.

The thing is, the ones he was looking down on weren't even the worst of the ECW guys. If JBL wanted to poo poo on New Jack's ability, I'd have no problem with that, because New Jack is poo poo. Of course, he'd be taking his life into his hands by doing so....

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Heyman still gets the MOTHER of all :iceburn:s on him though, in that legendary promo.

"The only reason you were champion for a year is because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!"

Although, watching new OSWReview, I think what I've always thought would happened finally has. AEPodcast is now consistently better than OSW.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Heyman still gets the MOTHER of all :iceburn:s on him though, in that legendary promo.

"The only reason you were champion for a year is because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!"

Although, watching new OSWReview, I think what I've always thought would happened finally has. AEPodcast is now consistently better than OSW.

AE podcast is winning me over with the triple H douche voice.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aye, I'm looking forward to Attitude era podcast far more than OSW. Both are still great and everyone should listen to them both.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Cyron posted:

AE podcast is winning me over with the triple H douche voice.

Any of Kevin's impressions are 100% gold. His X-Pac "MAKE SOME NOOOISE" slays me every time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, V1's Marge Simpson impression was pretty uncanny.

Also, I totally agree with Jay about how loving stupid it is when people don't even try to keep time with counting gimmicks.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you got the DVD, you could listen to his alternate commentary for the whole show. I thought it was an awesome thing that they added.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jubs posted:

If you got the DVD, you could listen to his alternate commentary for the whole show. I thought it was an awesome thing that they added.

That's what I mean. He was an awful worker who consistently drew gently caress all and he has the nerve to poo poo on ECW. Say what you like about ECW, the fans never decided "gently caress this match with the main eventers, lets all do a Mexican wave to stave off sleep". Not to mention how strangely safe he worked with guys that had the stroke backstage to get him in trouble and how that strangely went out the window whenever he could get away with it.

If it was Ric Flair having a go I wouldn't mind as much but when it's the guy who's only commodity as a wrestler being "I'll stiff the gently caress out of you" mysteriously disappeared when he had to wrestle the likes of Big Show, Taker, Benoit or Booker it begins to sound like the remarks of a bully oval office.

gently caress him, I'm glad that the glass jaw prick got knocked out by Joey Styles. The oval office deserved that and more.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 19, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's what I mean. He was an awful worker who consistently drew gently caress all and he has the nerve to poo poo on ECW. Say what you like about ECW, the fans never decided "gently caress this match with the main eventers, lets all do a Mexican wave to stave off sleep". Not to mention how strangely safe he worked with guys that had the stroke backstage to get him in trouble and how that strangely went out the window whenever he could get away with it.

If it was Ric Flair having a go I wouldn't mind as much but when it's the guy who's only commodity as a wrestler being "I'll stiff the gently caress out of you" mysteriously disappeared when he had to wrestle the likes of Big Show, Taker, Benoit or Booker it begins to sound like the remarks of a bully oval office.

gently caress him, I'm glad that the glass jaw prick got knocked out by Joey Styles. The oval office deserved that and more.

The ECW fans would shout racist poo poo at the Mexican and Japanese wrestlers and crap on their matches for not having enough tables, is that better?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The ECW fans would shout racist poo poo at the Mexican and Japanese wrestlers and crap on their matches for not having enough tables, is that better?

"I bought a ticket you little Mexican" - JBL

I'm not saying ECW had the high ground, I'm saying JBL is a oval office who has no right to look down on anyone.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tell us about Styles knocking him out. I forget that story.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Tell us about Styles knocking him out. I forget that story.

JBL was drunk on an overseas flight during a Middle East tour and picking on Joey Styles and Lillian Garcia. Joey got fed up on the flight and confronted JBL, who had to be restrained by other passengers. He broke free of them and went after Styles (who he has 10 inches and 100 pounds on) who landed a single punch on his face, felling the giant and giving him a black eye. On the next Raw he wore his cowboy hat and heavy makeup so the camera when it was on the announce table wouldn't see he got his rear end kicked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

JBL was drunk on an overseas flight during a Middle East tour and picking on Joey Styles and Lillian Garcia. Joey got fed up on the flight and confronted JBL, who had to be restrained by other passengers. He broke free of them and went after Styles (who he has 10 inches and 100 pounds on) who landed a single punch on his face, felling the giant and giving him a black eye. On the next Raw he wore his cowboy hat and heavy makeup so the camera when it was on the announce table wouldn't see he got his rear end kicked.

Joey Styles is my new favorite commentator.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
JBL is a turd but he still has the greatest finisher ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

But Sweet Chin Music is Shawn Michaels' finish? :confused:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Which was Stan Hansen's finish first.

My favorite factoid about JBL is that in Terry Funks book he would talk about how great every wrestler was and how they deserved to make more money from the business, regardless of their actual talent. Then he gets to JBL and all he has to say is " This guy wanted to be Stan Hansen so you can imagine how goofy he is" .

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

That's not quite it. JBL had been bullying him all flight and basically the entire time they were in Iraq. He went too far and Styles sucker punched him as he was turning around. JBL had also been "ribbing" Lilian, so he was being an all around dick. Joey didn't knock him down but he did give him a big cut under the eye and the black eye. It did humble the hell out of JBL for a time afterwards, maybe even until this day because I haven't heard much about JBL the "ribber" since then.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I think it may have more to do with the material they're (OSW) covering, but then I hate virtually everything about ECW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

But Sweet Chin Music is Shawn Michaels' finish? :confused:

is that the kick the young bucks do all the time because I'm pretty sure that's not a finisher

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

is that the kick the young bucks do all the time because I'm pretty sure that's not a finisher

Let me tell you about this move called the DDT.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Let me tell you about this move called the DDT.

Wait, can I change my answer?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

You monster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, can I change my answer?

Yes you can pay respect to Arn Anderson.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave is crazy if he thinks the WWE is losing $43 for every $50 in gift certificates the WWE gives out. Your standard t-shirt eats up the cost of the certificate alone at $24.99. As someone with work experience purchasing shirt orders like this, there's no way they're paying more than $5 per-shirt, if that, given the quantity at which they're purchasing these shirts. There's no way.

If your average $50 is being used on two shirts, that's $10 (at cost) in goods and shipping would be irrelevant because it would go over the amount of the certificate and be paid for by the customer anyway.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ghostpilot posted:

I think it may have more to do with the material they're (OSW) covering, but then I hate virtually everything about ECW.

Probably more to do with the fact that their last few shows have been years apart from each other, so running jokes are hard to come by.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Which was Stan Hansen's finish first.

My favorite factoid about JBL is that in Terry Funks book he would talk about how great every wrestler was and how they deserved to make more money from the business, regardless of their actual talent. Then he gets to JBL and all he has to say is " This guy wanted to be Stan Hansen so you can imagine how goofy he is" .

This is probably blasphemy but JBL's version was better. He could actually see and would nail guys in the chest for cool backflip selling, rather than right in the teeth.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This is probably blasphemy but JBL's version was better. He could actually see and would nail guys in the chest for cool backflip selling, rather than right in the teeth.

Stan Hansen wasn't wrestling people he was trying to murder them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012
Had never heard about JBL shooting on Blue Meanie at the end of ONS2005 before, really surprised it doesn't come up more often. One of the worst stories I've heard about him which is saying a lot.

• Locked thread