Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Shinji will fight Sternritter lowercase b, and his reversal powers will turn him into d and awaken a new power for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Advice posted:

Shinji will fight Sternritter lowercase b, and his reversal powers will turn him into d and awaken a new power for him.

Didn't shinji already job out to explosions girl though?

I do appreciate how Kubo is just having people job out a couple to a Sternritter though. It's mildly frustrating but at least he gets several of the hero cast their screen time in a chapter or two instead of having like a thousand fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Harry posted:

I always figured his obviously contradictory statements made it pretty clear that he was just spewing out bullshit 24/7. The Fullbringer arc was really painful, but overall the series wasn't too bad. If hueco mundo was cut down by like 4 years, I would say the series as a whole was pretty enjoyable.

Tsukishima was a better Aizen than Aizen. I'm not saying he was a good villain, but when he kept on talking about how he was responsible for everything it was just his memory fuckery powers. By contrast, Aizen legitimately claimed to be Ichigo's secret godfather and that claim was never actually refuted. What's worse, Aizen is still around. He is going to show up again, being smug as hell when all he ever had was brute force and pretension.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

Tsukishima was a better Aizen than Aizen. I'm not saying he was a good villain, but when he kept on talking about how he was responsible for everything it was just his memory fuckery powers. By contrast, Aizen legitimately claimed to be Ichigo's secret godfather and that claim was never actually refuted. What's worse, Aizen is still around. He is going to show up again, being smug as hell when all he ever had was brute force and pretension.

Everything he did was just to prepare Soul Society for the Sternritter invasion. You're welcome.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gyges posted:

Everything he did was just to prepare Soul Society for the Sternritter invasion. You're welcome.

I'm kinda expecting it to be revealed that Aizen actually killed YWACH during their meeting in his prison and at the end he'll remove his YWACH disguise. That way Kubo doesn't have to explain how the hell anyone is gonna beat YWACH after all his quincy are dead and therefore all their power has been concentrated back into him.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I'm kinda expecting it to be revealed that Aizen actually killed YWACH during their meeting in his prison and at the end he'll remove his YWACH disguise. That way Kubo doesn't have to explain how the hell anyone is gonna beat YWACH after all his quincy are dead and therefore all their power has been concentrated back into him.

Turns out Gin didn't die and he snipes the kill.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Bacontotem posted:

Turns out Gin didn't die and he snipes the kill.

Aizen is actually Chad and has been manipulating everything behind the scenes.

This arc is dragging, but at the same time, it's his last chance to finally show off the captains he's been ignoring.(Even the VC of Genryuusai who got beaten down hilariously)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Our favorite side-characters are getting totally hosed this arc :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Aizen is actually Chad and has been manipulating everything behind the scenes.

This arc is dragging, but at the same time, it's his last chance to finally show off the captains he's been ignoring.(Even the VC of Genryuusai who got beaten down hilariously)

I thought he got killed?

Also, Gin was confirmed as being dead. Sure, he has some unrevealed backstory and is rather interesting by bleach standards, but he is dead. Well, double dead. A dead ghost. At least Hiyori survived bisection, I bet an angry, ineffectual 'no officer I swear she is really 200 years old' character has a lot to offer to the remaining story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 20, 2014

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Deicide is still the worst arc.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Didn't I read that the only way to truly kill a shingami is to remove their head?

I want to say it was at the King Fisher v2 story

Also haven't most of the jobbers been the Vizards?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

hagie posted:

Didn't I read that the only way to truly kill a shingami is to remove their head?

Remove their head from what though. You can remove their head from their foot but cutting just about anywhere.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

slev posted:

Who ever said the Sternritter are only ordered by the Latin alphabet?

i can't wait until we get to ghost nazi ß, for scheiße. wait no

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

hagie posted:

Yes, they have united in their jobbing ways under the wise king Kensei.

Lamebot posted:

i can't wait until we get to ghost nazi ß, for scheiße. wait no

Well, we already have the glutton may as well go the whole way. :(

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Postal Parcel posted:

That's exactly why this arc has been dragging though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He could just stop jobbing guys and make them at least do some damage.
Make the enemy victories as phyrric as possible.

Leave the no-sells for the big bad. That's where they belong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think you are in the wrong thread for that sort of thing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

That's exactly why this arc has been dragging though.

I...I know?
I meant that I understand why it's dragging, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still dragging.

I am interested in the mouth monster girl though. Is her ability just to open her mouth wide and eat or is it something more interesting/sinister like Real Eater was?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kubo is bad at multi people fights but he could have some weaker people be attacked by the same guy in a row and some weak guy that is popular for some reason finishes him off because of the damage everyone else did. The good guys don't even have to be the ones to engage the fight the Quincy could just go around trying to snipe kills, maybe he gets stronger with every kill and is K for Killstreak.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

What enemy victories?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

pixaal posted:

Kubo is bad at multi people fights but he could have some weaker people be attacked by the same guy in a row and some weak guy that is popular for some reason finishes him off because of the damage everyone else did. The good guys don't even have to be the ones to engage the fight the Quincy could just go around trying to snipe kills, maybe he gets stronger with every kill and is K for Killstreak.

We already had a killstreak guy. Its was the dude that got his face char-broiled off by Yamamoto.

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Postal Parcel posted:

I...I know?
I meant that I understand why it's dragging, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still dragging.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way, what you say is making the arc drag is what you're supposed to be paying attention to right now, not the arc.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Harry posted:

I always figured his obviously contradictory statements made it pretty clear that he was just spewing out bullshit 24/7. The Fullbringer arc was really painful, but overall the series wasn't too bad. If hueco mundo was cut down by like 4 years, I would say the series as a whole was pretty enjoyable.

Just wait until we get Bleach Abridged!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Scyantific posted:

We already had a killstreak guy. Its was the dude that got his face char-broiled off by Yamamoto.

Ah, you mean Rroyd Loyd Lloyd Pink Floyd.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
The whole Royd Loyd and Loyd Royd thing was so ludicrous retarded I can't imagine how he came up with it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Scyantific posted:

and such a fine BBQ it was.

Tomorrow a new chapter, lets see what the skull is. :)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It'll be interesting to see how Ichigo counters Yamamoto's bankai.

Also, fun fact, I knew some Japanese exchange students who liked Bleach and they were surprised I called him Yamamoto. Apparently in Japan the name Genryuusai is a lot more memorable and interesting.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

Just wait until we get Bleach Abridged!

The whole Hueco Mundo story arc would be covered in 3 episodes

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thoren posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Ichigo counters Yamamoto's bankai.

Also, fun fact, I knew some Japanese exchange students who liked Bleach and they were surprised I called him Yamamoto. Apparently in Japan the name Genryuusai is a lot more memorable and interesting.

Rukia's bankai.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It makes me think of Admiral Yamamoto, although I don't think it's meant to be a reference to him. It's more likely to be a reference to the god Yama.

A popular theory is that Rukia will counter Yamamoto's bankai with her own so that Ichigo can attack Yhwach. This being Bleach, though, it's just as likely that Ichigo will get his Final Getsugatensho powerup again and win with raw power.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It would be more Bleach like if Rukia used her bankai to counter Yamamoto's, failed, and then Ichigo had to save her.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Calling it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Parrotine posted:

Calling it

Is that an arbok?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is that an arbok?
I think it's a pony.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Ichigo will no-sell Yamamoto's bankai and Ywach will be all "I-impossible!".

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

The_Frag_Man posted:

Ichigo will no-sell Yamamoto's bankai and Ywach will be all "I-impossible!".

This legitimately made me spit up my drink.

It'll probably fuckin' happen, too.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I bet Ichigo wont end up fighting Ywach. Kyoraku and Ukitake will fight him that way THEY can say "old man yama's flames were way hotter than this". Then they'll beat him while Ichigo is about to deal the finishing blow to Ichigo, then second in command goes "oh looks like the scales are going to tip in my favor now" and get a powerup.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It's only a sword that strikes with the surface of the sun, makes you completely invulnerable to everything, and summons an army of zombies.

I forgot the last power. I think it was to Cut Someone Really Really Hard which is the ultimate special attack in the Bleach universe.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

In a stunning plot twist, Ichigo's zanpakuto does nothing and he has to kill yheach with a Seele Schneider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thoren posted:

It's only a sword that strikes with the surface of the sun, makes you completely invulnerable to everything, and summons an army of zombies.

I forgot the last power. I think it was to Cut Someone Really Really Hard which is the ultimate special attack in the Bleach universe.

Pretty much a long range shot that disintegrates what it touches.

• Locked thread