Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
There is no way in hell that spammer picture story is real. Nobody is that stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

LordCo posted:

More goodies from the scammer in Cote d'Ivoire.

Selected pages from his membership application:

The instructions for his photo set:

And the photos...

He's screwed up most of the pics and is doing the entire set again, but in the meantime:

The gallery has all 33 photos and the entire, completed application.

https://imgur.com/a/I0iuO

This is amazing. Thank you for your service.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

There is no way in hell that spammer picture story is real. Nobody is that stupid.

Oh yes it is. There are entire websites devoted to this fine art as well, and if nothing else, the sheer volume of content would render the effort of faking it nearly impossible to all but the most insistent of skeptics.

Just as you would be surprised what people are willing to do for the sake of sheer stupidity, you would be surprised what people will also do for the sake of naked greed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's the same technique used to nigerian prince gullible people, just in reverse. Can't not fool a dishonest man, and all that.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 20, 2014

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
What's also great about this is he's got someone to take the photos for him.

Although I'm embarrassed it took me this long to notice what the acronym for the church name is.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I've said it before, and I'm not afraid to say it again: Lordco for Dear Leader. This is absolutely hilarious in every way. I also like that he has the "peter piper" tongue twister down pat.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Lads are simply amazing, the payoff in this one is sublime as well.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

DatonKallandor posted:

I understand your skepticism, but it's all very real. Every time I start a new bait I up the ante a bit with the app and the photos and think to myself "they're never going to fall for this poo poo this time", but more often than not, they do. Some lads do refuse, but generally after they've invested a week or two talking to COCK, their rear end is mine.

Tunicate posted:

It's the same technique used to nigerian prince gullible people, just in reverse. Can't not fool a dishonest man, and all that.

Pretty much bang on. I tend to go into more detail than the lads ever do but that's only because I find the more groundwork I lay down beforehand the easier the bait is. Aside from the apps, there is a fully detailed website for the church and a cast of 2 dozen or so characters that the lad interacts with.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

:aaaaa:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Something might be hinted in this weeks livestream

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5004493-sto-livestream-this-friday!

Probably nothing excited.

the Banner is Green, it has New Romulus on it, and the title text is Green.

I'm guessing KDF specific PvP improvements.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

batwang posted:

Could whoever in power give batwang STO wiki access so i can try and figure out what to do in 50's live? Please and thank you.

Done.

Nemins
Oct 27, 2005
Is the crafting in this game worth doing or is it better off ignored?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

There's no point to it anymore. Nothing you can craft will be any better than what you get out of the rep/fleet stores. They've been saying they're gonna revamp it for a few years now, so who knows when that'll happen.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There can be a very tiny profit margin in crafting Aegis sets, but that's hardly worth the effort.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
What's the name of the public service channel exactly? I've got a disgruntled with his fleets policies pub. I came across that wants better ship access.

Nerds_of_prey_public_service ? I never added it to my chat tab and am unsure.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 20, 2014

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Cyberball 2072 posted:

What's the name of the public service channel exactly? I've got a disgruntled with his fleets policies pub. I came across that wants better ship access.

Oh yeah you need it for friend. It's okay man we know that the pubbie is you. It's NoP Public Service at any rate and your friend is welcome there just like everyone else.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Lagomorphic posted:

Oh yeah you need it for friend. It's okay man we know that the pubbie is you. It's NoP Public Service at any rate and your friend is welcome there just like everyone else.

Even worse than myself, a redditor pubbie.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2604vz/looking_for_a_fleet_that_will_grant_me_fleet_ship/.compact

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nemins posted:

Is the crafting in this game worth doing or is it better off ignored?

Craft hortas.

That's it.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

:laffo:

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

DatonKallandor posted:

The best part is that due to the massive cultural disconnect, the idea that anyone would take that much time and effort to troll him would be inconceivable in his mind. What has happened would be such a foreign concept to him I bet.

This is truly some meta stuff, and I sincerely bow before it, as well as the effort put into it. The documents are sublime to behold. Thanks again LordCo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LordCo posted:

The gallery has all 33 photos and the entire, completed application.

https://imgur.com/a/I0iuO

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
You forgot one

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5004403-season-9-dev-blog-%2321

This seems like something people might give a poo poo about. I have no idea if the Romulan stuff is worthwhile, though.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

revtoiletduck posted:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5004403-season-9-dev-blog-%2321

This seems like something people might give a poo poo about. I have no idea if the Romulan stuff is worthwhile, though.

Meh, the only thing worth doing is the Epohh grind which they haven't touched.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

If they doubled the daily marks package to 110, and then further doulbed on the weekend to 220 that'd be crazy.

Doubt they did though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Well, it's not too bad now. Azure Nebula's up to 50-60 now, which puts it more on par with other mark-granting missions, especially considering it's piss-easy. Add that to the daily mark box and that's 100+ for relatively little effort. Also makes the ground missions almost worth doing too. Epohh's are still easier/faster, but at least they won't be the only way to grind this poo poo now.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

revtoiletduck posted:

Of course is the day after I trashed all of my glowing plants and radiation.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
ya rom rep will still be obnoxious first time but on a sponsored alt it'll be fine now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Those new romulus ground patrols are a waste of time at 10 marks. With them being at 40 all weekend they'll be easy marks for anyone who needs a bunch in a hurry. They're quick and easy they just have a 20 hour cooldown. If you're not trying to get a gear project filled right away epochs/daily marks bonus is still the easy way to grind rommie rep though.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Because I'm a terrible person, I made a new character:

Section 920, even worse than Section 31.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I noticed the ship name last.

:aatrek:

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

The lad sent his image remakes, but unfortunately they are the very definition of crap.

This is going to cause him to fail in his membership bid. He's not going to be happy about that, but it will let me reach for better trophies. Maybe a few videos.

Anyway, full lovely gallery of 33 pics here - https://imgur.com/a/LBJ30

Preechr posted:

Because I'm a terrible person, I made a new character:

Section 920, even worse than Section 31.

This is hilarious!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I heard this game has gotten better since when I originally tried it and couldn't even get through the tutorial before uninstalling. Figured I'll give it a shot. I've made a derpy looking alien with the Romulans and plan on going KDF because why not.

Requesting wiki access as Zaodai, and channel access as Zaodai@zaodaisa.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Zaodai posted:

I heard this game has gotten better since when I originally tried it and couldn't even get through the tutorial before uninstalling. Figured I'll give it a shot. I've made a derpy looking alien with the Romulans and plan on going KDF because why not.

Requesting wiki access as Zaodai, and channel access as Zaodai@zaodaisa.

Done.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

How are these people all so broken? Why are they always sex slaves?!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think I'm a bad person for laughing too much at that last line.

Why is Frankie Boyle a smilie?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Why is Frankie Boyle a smilie?

That is exactly the sort of post a spy would make >.>

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

That is exactly the sort of post a spy would make >.>

My in game title is Spy, I'm not denying the fact :ssh:

This four year plan will pay off soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Time to play "Guess Why!" Is the pubbie:
a) developmentally disabled;
b) a non-english native speaker;
c) homeschooled or a literal 13 year-old, or
d) the loving laziest speller in existence?

You decide!

(pubbie is also a literal furry, see fleet name)

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 21, 2014

• Locked thread