Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So how is the expanded playoff system going to go? 2 more teams in each conference, no bye week?
code:
1 [div]		team
8 [wc4]
-----			Team
4 [div]		Team	
5 [wc1]
				Team
3 [div]		Team
6 [wc2]	
-----			Team
2 [div]		Team
7 [wc3]
That's my guess at least. Unless they reseed every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm usually more concerned about how the weather will impact the quality of football but that won't even be an issue in Vikings Stadium.

Mall of America must be so psyched that in 4 years they'll finally make some money. poo poo just got a new lease on life.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Harlock posted:

So how is the expanded playoff system going to go? 2 more teams in each conference, no bye week?
code:
1 [div]		team
8 [wc4]
-----			Team
4 [div]		Team	
5 [wc1]
				Team
3 [div]		Team
6 [wc2]	
-----			Team
2 [div]		Team
7 [wc3]
That's my guess at least. Unless they reseed every week

I think they were only talking about adding one team from each conference this time around (although I'd imagine it would probably be expanded again). So one bye for the #1, 2v7 3v6 and 4v5 on wild card weekend.

They do reseed currently and I don't see why they'd change it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
What? That stupid mall makes tons of money. They're doubling the size of it over the next 10 years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DangerKat posted:

What? That stupid mall makes tons of money. They're doubling the size of it over the next 10 years.

It just keeps on going. It doesn't end. You'd think it would be impressive in size but it's impressive in length and that isn't impressive. Roller coaster aside, of course.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Where the gently caress do the Saints get off putting Carney in their HoF

He was on the team for around seven years, including the Super Bowl year. He was mostly automatic for us (youtube video proving otherwise here), and he helped mentor Hartley in 2009.

Wait a few years. Brees will be in there too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DangerKat posted:

More than doubling actually, from 2.5m square feet to 5.4m square feet

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
poor ham. he's a good guy but he gets a bad rap.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

He was on the team for around seven years, including the Super Bowl year. He was mostly automatic for us (youtube video proving otherwise here), and he helped mentor Hartley in 2009.

Wait a few years. Brees will be in there too.

Well no poo poo, but Brees was a much better Saint than he ever was a Charger.

Carney is ours :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Well no poo poo, but Brees was a much better Saint than he ever was a Charger.

Carney is ours :mad:

Trust me, I understand. I don't like the fact that Morten Andersen is both the Saints and Falcons all time leading scorer, but what can you do?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Trust me, I understand. I don't like the fact that Morten Andersen is both the Saints and Falcons all time leading scorer, but what can you do?

Complain about it on the internet and acknowledge the fact that John Carney owned

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Complain about it on the internet and acknowledge the fact that John Carney owned

Yes, yes he did. :hfive:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DangerKat posted:

Yes, it's great for businesses to have an influx of customers they wouldn't normally have and the Super Bowl does bring that. It's just massively overstated how much it brings in and when used as a carrot to entice cities to finance a stadium, it becomes quite dubious. If stadium financing is already a sunk cost (like Minneapolis now) or when it's done privately, (like NY), there's a different argument to be made. But in the cases where teams are looking for communities to take on the cost (like Minneapolis the last 15 years), it's a bullshit incentive.

e: like, you typically seen $300m-$400m thrown out as the money brought in for a Super Bowl and if it were true, a community like Minneapolis would see their investment completely justified. But it's not -- most usually bring up to $130m in true net impact. That's still a great number but given the city is spending $300m+ (on top of the state's own $400m+), it's not a good value given the other ways the money could be invested.

I've also read that since a huge percentage of the money that Superbowl attendees spend is spent at NFL sponsored events, the amount of money the city brings in is even further reduced

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mike Pouncey's living room

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Haha no way

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What the poo poo? Why?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is fantastic.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

the other side of that jersey is covered in blood and fingerprints

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

old dog child posted:

It's actually a safe that contains a rope, a lead pipe, a knife, and a revolver.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's actually a safe that contains a rope, a lead pipe, a knife, and a revolver.
But no candlestick?

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

AradoBalanga posted:

But no candlestick?

What century do you think this is?

It has the flashlight

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's almost like an evil clown looming over that child.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Heard today that the reason Russel Wilson divorced was his wife slept with Tate, also the reason Tate left town. :angel:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

effectual posted:

Heard today that the reason Russel Wilson divorced was his wife slept with Tate, also the reason Tate left town. :angel:

When that happened in New Orleans, the Chiefs got a Hall of Famer out of the deal, so, good job Detroit!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mike Pouncey's living room

God, he's such a jackass. I honestly think he's just a really stupid person.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ehud posted:

God, he's such a jackass. I honestly think he's just a really stupid person.

Why can't it be both

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I knew for sure that I hated Mike Pouncey after that episode of Hard Knocks when he had a personal barber come to his house wearing head to toe Dolphins gear.

no wait actually that owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers have signed 2nd round pick Jerry Attaochu to a 4 year deal.

:(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who's he supposed to replace that makes you sad?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That was supposed to be a :), whoops

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

old dog child posted:

"I had the perfect place to hide the evidence...in plain sight!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

"I had the perfect place to hide the evidence...in plain sight!"

REMEMBER ME, OLIVIA? WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER...I TALKED JUST...LIKE...THIIIIISSSS!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@NFL_ATL 5m
Raiders owner tells @RapSheet talks for new stadium in Oakland are in '11th hour' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352441/article/raiders-owner-talks-for-new-stadium-in-11th-hour

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Sweeney Tom posted:

@NFL_ATL 5m
Raiders owner tells @RapSheet talks for new stadium in Oakland are in '11th hour' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352441/article/raiders-owner-talks-for-new-stadium-in-11th-hour

With the 8th pick of the 2015 draft, the Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland select-

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope they move to LA

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If they did move to LA, I assume Oakland fans would by and large stick with the franchise, right?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

anime gently caress pillow posted:

If they did move to LA, I assume Oakland fans would by and large stick with the franchise, right?

Well, it's not Baltimore at least.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Raiders might be the only team that could move to LA and immediately have a strong fanbase without needing to be any good

out of those that are likely to move of course

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
They'd piss off a good bit of Oakland fans for sure, but they do have a bunch of fans in LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Why wouldn't they be? It will only be a matter of time until they're back.

• Locked thread