Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Fart Sandwiches posted:

How loving stupid do you have to be to not figure out how to change backgrounds? This is some meta-idiot story stuff.

well, he was in the military so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

How loving stupid do you have to be to not figure out how to change backgrounds? This is some meta-idiot story stuff.

We had some bricks in our platoon. Kids who couldn't always remember the difference between making ready on an M2 and a Mk19, which resulted in some spectacular ND's both CONUS and OCONUS.. Like the one time a kid sent the bolt on the Mk19 forward a second time while loading at the clearing berm as we were about to depart and discharged an HEDP round into a warehouse on the Seabee's compound. Too short of a flight for it to arm and detonate but we never found it.

Made for an interesting day.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Did I do it right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Think how lost he'd be if he had an android.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I know I'm not military but I thought you guys would really appreciate this bit of utter stupidity from a cadet on my last ship:

oval office jumped over the railings and loving ran on the main shaft while it was spinning.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Two Finger posted:

oval office jumped over the railings and loving ran on the main shaft while it was spinning.

Since this is a maritime story I'm going to assume this is a term for refusing the captain's dick.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Two Finger posted:

I know I'm not military but I thought you guys would really appreciate this bit of utter stupidity from a cadet on my last ship:

Fairly cool way to kill yourself imo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
so like this kinda thing, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-Mt3_KQmg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yep. Would have made one hell of a mess if he'd slipped.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you mean extra grease

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Put that on his posthumous award. Lubricated main propeller shaft for six months.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I coulda sworn I knew someone with a story of a nub getting hazed by being duck-taped to the shaft, with predictable results. There's more clearance so simple interference isn't an issue. That's one of those stories everyone has a third-hand version of.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

I coulda sworn I knew someone with a story of a nub getting hazed by being duck-taped to the shaft, with predictable results. There's more clearance so simple interference isn't an issue. That's one of those stories everyone has a third-hand version of.

i've heard of this while in port which is obviously ok as far as hazing goes!!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Hazing owns

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What's that thing in the navy where they grease up a broomstick and shove it up your rear end.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Cojawfee posted:

What's that thing in the navy where they grease up a broomstick and shove it up your rear end.

might be nypd

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Cojawfee posted:

enlisting?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cojawfee posted:

"Tuesday".

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

MEPS

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

SOP

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

the navy

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

cleaning stations

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

ORSE

Wait, no. There's no grease on that stick.

enickerson
May 13, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

everyday.... But you're lucky if you're using grease... My broom stick is all splintery

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mad Dragon posted:

ORSE

Wait, no. There's no grease on that stick.

And you wish it was only a broomstick. The shaft is aft, indeed

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I heard someone use the term "human weapons system" to unironically refer to people in the Air Force multiple times

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Does that make security force dogs "canine weapons systems"? :allears:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

I heard someone use the term "human weapons system" to unironically refer to people in the Air Force multiple times

Weaponized herpes.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Prop Wash posted:

Fun fact: that person was in my flight.

he was actually an alright dude, just your stereotypical head in the clouds doc that was really smart but didn't do the best job of expressing his ideas in normal-people speak

Another fun fact: we actually physically prevented him from getting up and asking a question during that last "issues panel" or whatever. You're welcome.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

iyaayas01 posted:

Fun fact: that person was in my flight.

he was actually an alright dude, just your stereotypical head in the clouds doc that was really smart but didn't do the best job of expressing his ideas in normal-people speak

Another fun fact: we actually physically prevented him from getting up and asking a question during that last "issues panel" or whatever. You're welcome.

Oh man gently caress youuuu I had money riding on that guy standing up and asking one last astonishingly bad question :( we just thought he finally came to his senses! Still if I could have documented that one question he asked to the colonel panel it would be perfect for this thread. "I'll ask again..."

Also soz we couldn't do BBQ, I thought I'd have a lot of free time at maxwell but I ended up busy basically the whole time. Not with class work so much as with getting drunk with my drinking club.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wrong thread, whoops. Looks like I'm the idiot.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 22, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Prop Wash posted:

Oh man gently caress youuuu I had money riding on that guy standing up and asking one last astonishingly bad question :( we just thought he finally came to his senses! Still if I could have documented that one question he asked to the colonel panel it would be perfect for this thread. "I'll ask again..."

Also soz we couldn't do BBQ, I thought I'd have a lot of free time at maxwell but I ended up busy basically the whole time. Not with class work so much as with getting drunk with my drinking club.

We have a guy in my unit that asks this kinda poo poo every goddamn class/brief/whatever. It's gotten to the point they just tell him to see the instructor offline immediately when he raises his hand, and dismiss the room otherwise.

He's a 10 year PV2 (demoted), that was hot-potatoed around Afghanistan; passed off to one of our other companies up in Bagram while we were in Kandahar. He hosed up so bad that he went from a FOB, back to BAF, down to KAF, back to BAF, and sent home in a 3 month period.

He missed movement out of Kyrgyzstan, and his homeward-bound flight twice.

He talks like he has knowledge all the goddamn time around the new guys, until they realize he's completely full of poo poo and leave him mid-sentence.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 22, 2014

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Long time listener, first time caller. Here's an idiot with OpSec.

My wife's cousin is a special forces dude with one of the branches. My mother in law is trying to send a message to me on facebook, but can't figure it out. So she post this on her (public) Facebook wall and tags me in it. :downs:

I'm going to paraphrase:
"Tag: canyoneer
What are you doing for Memorial Day weekend? [SPECIAL FORCES GUY'S NAME] just got back from [COUNTRY] and is doing training at [NEARBY BASE] for the next two weeks before he goes back. Aunt and Uncle So-and-so are going to drive down to visit him and we want to invite you all to join us!"

I was puzzled why she said that he had just gotten back from [COUNTRY], as the country in question is a nation that is not an ally of the US, not a NATO member nation, and does not have any US military installations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

canyoneer posted:

My wife's cousin is a special forces dude with one of the branches. My mother in law is trying to send a message to me on facebook, but can't figure it out. So she post this on her (public) Facebook wall and tags me in it. :downs:

I'm going to paraphrase:
What are you doing for Memorial Day weekend? [SPECIAL FORCES GUY'S NAME] just got back from [COUNTRY] and is doing training at [NEARBY BASE] for the next two weeks before he goes back. Aunt and Uncle So-and-so are going to drive down to visit him and we want to invite you all to join us!"

I was puzzled why she said that he had just gotten back from [COUNTRY], as the country in question is a nation that is not an ally of the US, not a NATO member nation, and does not have any US military installations.

Of all the possible explanations, the least likely one is this: He was doing special forces poo poo in that country.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Victor Vermis posted:

Of all the possible explanations, the most likely one is this: He isn't SOF and probably isn't even in the military

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

canyoneer posted:

I'm going to paraphrase:

IDR is coming home!!!

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
This team leader in my platoon told us about an amazing 240 gunner ND turned running gun into a DFAC when they were returning from a mission, He shot a good 50 rounds into the loving thing before he broke the feed. He isnt with the Army anymore sadly.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How often do runaway guns even happen? I mean obviously it can happen on an open bolt weapon, but that's kinda terrifying.

A Greek Letter
Apr 16, 2006
One of the junior officers in my old unit progressed from "Hey guys, check out this great idea I had: clean your ears while taking a dump!" to some weird pavlovian conditioning stage where he couldn't poo poo without something in his ear. We (The other JOs) used to prove this to the newer, incredulous, officers by having them steal his huge stash of q-tips. We'd then watch as he didn't go to the can for a few days, until he'd finally melt down and hop around the base with the locked knees of barely-holding-it-in, yelling and begging people for a q-tip.

All my good army stories are scatological :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

DoktorLoken posted:

How often do runaway guns even happen? I mean obviously it can happen on an open bolt weapon, but that's kinda terrifying.

Depends on how often an armorer inspects/replaces the sear assembly.