Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DNS posted:

Jack Davis is a titan.

Wrath of the Titans via Duck Amuck sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

DetoxP posted:

Not a rip off, it's the same artist from Mad Magazine. That style was also in Mad Magazine first for sure, since the 60's or 50's.

Yeah, Altman commissioned it after the studios tried to sell Long Goodbye as a very serious noir, which it very much isn't.

That being said, I love this poster, had it hanging in the living room for years.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Sheldrake posted:

Yeah, Altman commissioned it after the studios tried to sell Long Goodbye as a very serious noir, which it very much isn't.

That being said, I love this poster, had it hanging in the living room for years.

It doesn't really fit the tone of the movie, but I've always loved the serious poster as well.

The book promo is unfortunate, though.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Ghostpilot posted:

On one hand, I'm interested in this movie. On the other, I now feel like I've seen half of it.

I was interested in seeing it, then I saw the trailer. Now I see why there's nary a mention of it anywhere.

Dr. Puppykicker posted:

This one's even better. Apparently this was the go-to house style for "comic neo-noir".

Oh man, this art takes me back. :allears: I had so many Mad / Cracked magazines as a kid. The former was ridiculous with its horribly dated (often reprinted) references that often referred to things 5-10 years before their audience was born.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just saw this monstrosity being used to promote Days of Future Past in the UK.

A fan poster that's wound its way into official marketing?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Still better than the First Class posters.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Anna Paquin isn't in the goddamn movie anymore

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr. Flunchy posted:

:lol: Wolverine on this poster is literally just the X-Men Origins: Wolverine poster copied and pasted.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Corek posted:

Isn't that Taylor Kitsch as Gambit on the left? At least Anna Paquin used to be in the goddamn movie.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm glad he put them on, it's just that the endorsement makes me pause to think if it's something I'll like.

I mean, I'm more of a Kevin Smith apologist than most of CineD (and honestly I think a lot of people here reach really far for reasons not to like his movies simply because they don't like Kevin Smith the person), but if absolutely nothing else he at least tends to like good things.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I assume the person on the left is Fedora-O, with the powers of retractable glasses of brandy the ability to shoot really off-putting looks out of his eyes.

Sheldrake fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 21, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Isn't that Taylor Kitsch as Gambit on the left? At least Anna Paquin used to be in the goddamn movie.

Even that's behind the times because Channing Tatum has been recently cast as Gambit for a future X-Men sequel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Young Freud posted:

Even that's behind the times because Channing Tatum has been recently cast as Gambit for a future X-Men sequel.

Gambit (Channing Tatum) travels back in time from the new future established in Days of Future Past to aid his past self (Taylor Kitsch) as he battles Sabertooth (Liev Schreiber). Special guest appearance by Tyler Mane.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That can't be a real poster, it's just copy/pasted promo images from other movies. That was literally created in MSPaint.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Don't know what you're complaining about, this loving thing goes by my back window 4 times a day.

They're all on there, on all of the carriages. All of the X-Mens. Hairy and speccy and wheely X-mans. I hope it loving crashes.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

But first class was the name of the last movie!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Poster for Marvel & Disney's Big Hero 6

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Corek posted:

According to most of the early reviews yes she is.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Canned Panda posted:

But I haven't seen the first five.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cacator posted:

But I haven't seen the first five.

Bill Cosby is working a a consultant I see.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

That can't be a real poster, it's just copy/pasted promo images from other movies. That was literally created in MSPaint.

Real poster or not it's being used in the UK to promo the film.

edit:

On the X-Men train thing, they also rebranded Wolverhampton train station for a bit.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 21, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Holy poo poo that rules :lol:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Canned Panda posted:

No idea what any of this is but I like this poster.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Even though I know it says "Nov 7", I can't help but read it "Nov F" because it reminds me of the Fender logo.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Yeah, they could have made the date a little clearer. I didn't even recognize it as anything but a cool looking symbol.

But everything else owns.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Poster for Legion's TV spinoff Dominion.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why is that movie getting a TV show?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Saw X-Men last night, it was actually quite good. Very nicely shot, good performances and it manages to retcon the worst of the franchise without being pointless fan service. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

All the posters have been totally uninspired though, the bright '70s parts of the film are such a nice contrast to the gloomy future bits that it's strange they didn't do anything with that in the marketing.

AP in it but it's a 2 second cameo, so she didn't need to be on any poster. Literally every other minor character has a bigger cameo

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Canned Panda posted:

Low G Man

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've seen Big Hero 6 comics, and I have no idea who either of the characters on the poster could possibly be.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I can't stop laughing at this image.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Fat Lou posted:

I can't stop laughing at this image.

Oh god, I didn't notice his withered little hand at first :gonk:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Speaking of withered hands.

:barf:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The MSJ posted:

Gabriel isn't weak to guns, you need to use Ziodyne.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Speaking of withered hands.

:barf:

So that's why he's called Radar.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I didn't even realize Naomi Watts was in that movie, until, like, YEARS after seeing it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tank Girl is still an awesome movie.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The MSJ posted:

I wonder what the character design will be like for the four-headed Lion/Eagle/Man/Cherub angels or the angels that are overlapping rings with eyes or the angel with a face made of lightning

Man with wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If you've watched Syfy shows like Helix recently, you know that their special effects budget probably fits nicely inside of a small manilla shipping envelope.