Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Naturally Selected posted:

Any game that wants to use more than 2gb RAM will need a 64-bit executable. As an example, a 32-bit executable is one of the biggest problems with modding Skyrim on PC, since it's memory management is poo poo and even with a large address aware tag, it fucks up when trying to use more than that.

That's not strictly true, with large-address-aware flags executables even in a 32-bit environment programs can use as much as 3 or ~4 GB, and lots of modern games don't really use more than 2GB, but yeah.

precision posted:

Nobody could possible get drunk on four airplane bottles, at least two of which are liqueurs (I have no idea what Kraken is).

Morgan's meh but its not a chick drink and kracken is good poo poo.

Dunno why you have khalua or baileys without any vodka though. :cheeky:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

If you knew someone was hacking your phone, couldn't you just turn it off? Maybe remove the battery just in case.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That loving Sned posted:

If you knew someone was hacking your phone, couldn't you just turn it off? Maybe remove the battery just in case.

But would you know? I mean that's how most hacks work, you have no clue until its way too late.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

No way man, they'd just hack your battery and overclock your phone's CPU using a backdoor worm to upload a virus onto the cell phone mainframe.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

But would you know? I mean that's how most hacks work, you have no clue until its way too late.

I hope the game includes some sort of :tinfoil:s that don't ever have their phones on and they're the hardest people to track.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

What do you appear as online? Steam name? uPlay name? Game character name?

I need to rename my accounts to ZERO COOL or CRASH OVERRIDE or JC DENTON something :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

What do you appear as online? Steam name? uPlay name? Game character name?

I need to rename my accounts to ZERO COOL or CRASH OVERRIDE or JC DENTON something :)

For the invasion part I got the impression that there's no name at all. Which is awesome. The whole point of it I think is that you look like an NPC, so it's like Assassins Creed multiplayer in that one regard.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

No way man, they'd just hack your battery and overclock your phone's CPU using a backdoor worm to upload a virus onto the cell phone mainframe.

The firewall has failed, incoming logic bomb, brace for impact!

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

I said come in! posted:

For the invasion part I got the impression that there's no name at all. Which is awesome. The whole point of it I think is that you look like an NPC, so it's like Assassins Creed multiplayer in that one regard.

Your name does appear if the person you're hacking manages to spot/scan you, as does your profile picture from what I saw of the leaked streams. All the other modes also have names floating above everyone's heads and stuff.

I'd hazard a guess to say that it will be Uplay names/pictures, since it's still going through Uplay even if you purchase it on Steam.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
FYI: Remember this golden gem of a deal to get a copy of Watchdogs for essentially free, since some of the games on this list are ridiculously high value for trade in.

Triple trade in at Target to get a Target Gift card, which obviously can be applied to Watch Dogs. Take the valu e of the game you are looking up, multiply it by three and that's the amount you will get on trade in the form of an instant gift card.

I got $90 bucks for three gamecube games. Mario Sunshine, Zelda TP, and SSBM. You can do three at a time. Tons of games from all sorts of platforms. I am also going to trade in Killzone 3 and NBA 2k4 14 for my PS4 and nab another 98 bucks. Includes tons of games from Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2, PS3, PS4, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Utnayan posted:

FYI: Remember this golden gem of a deal to get a copy of Watchdogs for essentially free, since some of the games on this list are ridiculously high value for trade in.

Triple trade in at Target to get a Target Gift card, which obviously can be applied to Watch Dogs. Take the valu e of the game you are looking up, multiply it by three and that's the amount you will get on trade in the form of an instant gift card.

I got $90 bucks for three gamecube games. Mario Sunshine, Zelda TP, and SSBM. You can do three at a time. Tons of games from all sorts of platforms. I am also going to trade in Killzone 3 and NBA 2k4 14 for my PS4 and nab another 98 bucks. Includes tons of games from Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2, PS3, PS4, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/

Since when was Target in the used game trade-in racket? Huh. 3x isn't a bad deal.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Zaphod42 posted:

Since when was Target in the used game trade-in racket? Huh.

Yeah looks like they are gearing up to either enter it, or another spin off to enter. Some great ways to get rid of VERY old games though. Not just your normal low dollar trade in amounts. Triple value until the 24th so I would hurry and jump on it now before it goes back to single value.

Edit: Yeah I am getting $54 for NBA 2k14. That's more than I paid for it. Ha!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Since when was Target in the used game trade-in racket? Huh. 3x isn't a bad deal.

Wal-Mart takes games in trade now too, but I think their racket is that they then just sell them to Gamestop.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

That loving Sned posted:

Yeah I'll just remove the battery of my iPhone on the fly, without any special tools or anything.

(And I bet a hacker could fake the "turning your phone off" process so it'll still be on, just with a black screen)

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

ymgve posted:

Yeah I'll just remove the battery of my iPhone on the fly, without any special tools or anything.

(And I bet a hacker could fake the "turning your phone off" process so it'll still be on, just with a black screen)

Wait, you seriously need a special tool to remove the battery on an iPhone? I knew apple like to lock down their stuff but didn't think it went that far. But if you have any other phone you can just pull the battery out, though maybe they can hack your SD card if you have a network accessible one.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hel posted:

Wait, you seriously need a special tool to remove the battery on an iPhone? I knew apple like to lock down their stuff but didn't think it went that far. But if you have any other phone you can just pull the battery out, though maybe they can hack your SD card if you have a network accessible one.

Hell, you need a special tool to get at the SIM card; I don't think the battery is even meant to be user-serviceable.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

^^^ Yep. A special tool for that too :v:

Hel posted:

No, you just need a TS1 screwdriver to unscrew the back plate, and then you can pull the battery out and replace it.

Its just no one has that size screw in their toolkit, so its a SPECIAL TOOL!

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 21, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KJhgHSFio

I like Mike Diva.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

^^^ Yep. A special tool for that too :v:

No, you just need a TS1 screwdriver to unscrew the back plate, and then you can pull the battery out and replace it.

Its just no one has that size screw in their toolkit, so its a SPECIAL TOOL!

Its a security screw. They pick a weird bit exactly because nobody has it, as just a basic deterrent to your average joe opening the thing up.

Its the same with any console or gameboy, but yeah it is kinda stupid.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

DopeGhoti posted:

Hell, you need a special tool to get at the SIM card; I don't think the battery is even meant to be user-serviceable.

Yeah, both the SIM and the battery were easy to remove on my Samsung Galaxy S2, but on my LG G2 you need a pin for the SIM, and I don't think I can remove the battery.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The battery on an iphone is soldered in as well though, correct?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

So with this Target deal I get triple the quoted price...

So Fifa 14 360 edition, I get 16x3 which is $48? Is that correct?

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Yes, but only in store. Also, trade ins are limited to 3 per person, but I've read that not all target employees follow that rule.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Aisha Tyler has a voiced cameo as a pedestrian in this game.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Party Plane Jones posted:

Aisha Tyler has a voiced cameo as a pedestrian in this game.

Two voiced cameos, actually.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

So AR games are cyberpunk drugs? That's always an interesting idea.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-opening-sequence-xbox-360.html?m=1

First 10 minutes of the game, Spoilers obviously. looks interesting enough.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

pengun101 posted:

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-opening-sequence-xbox-360.html?m=1

First 10 minutes of the game, Spoilers obviously. looks interesting enough.

Looking good. I'm liking this Jordi character.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

So I guess this is like electronically induced bath salts.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Sedisp posted:

Oh I know it's what they said I just have a really hard time believing it to be the case. If it is the case this game is hilariously badly optimized to require a midrange GPU but a new CPU. Why in the world are they using Passmark scores to determine if your CPU is good enough anyways?

The graphics are pretty good but I think the key to WD is that it requires 8 threads or cores to work on. That's why the higher CPU core requirements less on graphics.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Stroth posted:

So AR games are cyberpunk drugs? That's always an interesting idea.

It's the Playstation Nine commercials all over again!

Alternately: Tek from Tekwar. (Don't laugh.) Disposable virtual reality drugs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah BTL (Better Than Life) chips from Shadowrun too. It's a fun angle.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Made me think of Strange Days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yaXPx6xWEQ

Really liked that movie, in 1995 at least. Seems like it may have held up pretty well

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 22, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Ralph Fiennes looks so much like Bradley Cooper in that trailer that it's kinda freaking me out.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

Ralph Fiennes looks so much like Bradley Cooper in that trailer that it's kinda freaking me out.

He's like Bradley Cooper crossed with Liam Neeson and it is really freaky.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Saw Strange Days for the first time a couple of months ago. A bit dated, sure, but still good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your friendly neighborhood Russian is currently streaming the travesty that is the story end-game.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 22, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Why would you even write out an endgame spoiler for a game that isn't out yet though.

Like, I don't even really know who that is?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

hopterque posted:

Why would you even write out an endgame spoiler for a game that isn't out yet though.

Like, I don't even really know who that is?

Probably sidekick number 52?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think its discount Christy Mack.

• Locked thread