Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

It's amazing how in this day and age of cameras in smartphones there aren't any scalper sightings recorded. Well very few on youtube.

I don't think most people care enough to do so, or are just unaware that people scalp action figures.

I mean scalping sports tickets are probably more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Just when I think the AoE line has shown me the ugliest thing it has to offer, Unpainted Grey Plastic Knight Optimus Prime shows up.

No chrome, so it's 100% better. :v:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sire Oblivion posted:

No chrome, so it's 100% better. :v:

It's the one figure in the line where chrome would make sense!

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
MP Grimlock isn't even in the stupid computer system. I'm in Ohio and I've called 6 stores with about zero luck. I really hope I don't miss out in this stupid toy...

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Honest Ray posted:

MP Grimlock isn't even in the stupid computer system. I'm in Ohio and I've called 6 stores with about zero luck. I really hope I don't miss out in this stupid toy...

*wheezing through fat* "Well if you wanted it, you should have pre ordered it"

Nah, it really sucks. It's weird because everybody kind of knew when Soundwave and Acid Storm were coming out, but with Grimlock it's like spotting the loch ness monster.

Unfortunately it's unlikely anybody's getting one of these things. I've been checking TRU for the last couple days and there's not even a spot for it. If our store got one at all it'll probably not even make it to the floor.

I'd hope Hasbro would lean from this, but, well... :downs:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hasbro does not care about it and in return they do not go around chasing 3rd party stuff. This is how I try to make sense of things.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

There will be an MP-10 rerelease once a month until there's one in every house on the planet, and not one of them will be in the right colors.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The best way to make me desperately want a Shattered Glass Masterpiece Prime is to slap a NERV logo on it, apparently.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I never got an MP-10 and this looks like the best one we're gonna get if it's not some ungodly price (it will be.)

Edit: I'm a little disappointed they didn't bother making a new accessory or something, like the EVA's gun or Longinus or something.

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 22, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Finally got to read through Windblade #2 & I think I've just spotted my favorite visual reference. Chromia doing the step over the seat back to sit down like Riker.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you never got Skyhammer you really should pick up that Driftcopter. It's an incredible mold and one of the best helicopterformers ever made, and this one comes with better weapons (but a worse head depending on your preferences).

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Waspinator :kimchi:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well at least he didn't remove the grimlocks from someone else's cart like every other scalper I've seen.

They will also follow people around the store looking to snatch it away. They've got a sense of entitlement like you wouldn't believe.

it's pretty funny when they try to swipe poo poo from each other, no honor among scalpers.

Wait, this happened to someone else?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

3 posted:

Waspinator :kimchi:

Waspinator was always adorable, but this comic has just pushed him beyond :kimchi: levels.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

loving Hell, TRU UK were doing MP grimlock for £99.99? Now all sold out. Kapow have the pre-order on but they're reckoning ~£150.

Much as I want him, I buying the hell out of Maketoys Technobot set.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I really hope that Starscream turns out not to be behind anything and he's just been trying to convince Windblade to not try stealing his spotlight. Politician-Starscream is much more fun than backstab-Starscream, and I want to see him get a chance to run for reelection.

Right now I think the true culprits are the Terrorcons trying to resurrect Trypticon.

edit:VVV Sort of? Megatron and Optimus teamed up to take him down, and after he was taken out, Megatron shoved the spark of his Quintesson pal, Pentius, in him and it was all ominous VVV

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 23, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Did Trypticon ever get killed on panel or did he get bulkheaded? I haven't read the uh, autocracy sequels since the main book was unrepentant poo poo. Was it in there?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I like the idea of Starscream gradually coming to learn that he can't just be unrepentantly evil, and that now that he's a ruler he has to actually act like a leader and care for his men. He's always wanted power but he never really thought through what he actually needs to do with it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the first wave of deluxes today, only picked up Scorn because of this thread. Slug looked depressingly tiny in person to spend $16.99 + tax on.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ForeverSmug posted:

Yeah I never got an MP-10 and this looks like the best one we're gonna get if it's not some ungodly price (it will be.)

Edit: I'm a little disappointed they didn't bother making a new accessory or something, like the EVA's gun or Longinus or something.
There's a Japanese plain ol' MP-10 reissue next year: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...in-2015-180036/

Also this.

Keep on keepin' on, Japan.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

There's a Japanese plain ol' MP-10 reissue next year: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...in-2015-180036/

Also this.

gently caress, I ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue of Sideswipe for like 80 bucks.

Still, gonna get that OP and Starscream; I'm glad I didn't drop the 200 bills on that one.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

ForeverSmug posted:

gently caress, I ordered the Hasbro Asia reissue of Sideswipe for like 80 bucks.

Still, gonna get that OP and Starscream; I'm glad I didn't drop the 200 bills on that one.

The reissue Starscream will be $200 and the MP-10 will be more than that, I guarantee.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Knormal posted:

Also this.

Sweet! Time to decide if I want MP10 or MP Nemesis Prime!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

The reissue Starscream will be $200 and the MP-10 will be more than that, I guarantee.

Starscream is still in stock over at BBTS, with the coronation kit he's completely worth the $200.

Also apparently BBTS just got the Skrapnel and Tailgate Legends wave because they just hit my POL.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Starscream is still in stock over at BBTS, with the coronation kit he's completely worth the $200.

The coronation kit is not worth $125. If Acid Storm is $75, Starscream should be $100 max.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Agreed, I do not need that silly coronation kit. I get the movie appeal, but if it's going to bump the price to a perennial 200 smacks then count me out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

The coronation kit is not worth $125. If Acid Storm is $75, Starscream should be $100 max.

Ah yes, because there's never been a quality difference between a Takara and Hasbro mold release. You have won the day goon sir.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Ah yes, because there's never been a quality difference between a Takara and Hasbro mold release. You have won the day goon sir.

The gently caress are you even talking about? There is no appreciable quality difference between Hasbro Acid Storm and Takara Sunstorm, let alone a $125 difference. What a strange direction to go in, or perhaps I should say goon in. :suicide:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

The gently caress are you even talking about?
The Takara-Tomy mystical power! That the giant mark up means there must be magical QA gnomes and dancing leprechauns of higher quality plastic, tightening the balljoints and precisely inserting every pin!

The added mark up from buying it from western etailers only multiplies the magic too!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Oh good, Takara superiority chat. Quick, somebody complain about size and talk about how chrome "looks so good, really guys" so I can get Bad Transformers Opinions bingo.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I dig the chrome on MP-10 Black Convoy? Or is that just silver?

Seeing some talk on ozformers about this Grimlock release coming to Australia, which could be cool. Since the only place I saw it retail was like $400.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ForeverSmug posted:

Quick, somebody complain about size and talk about how chrome "looks so good, really guys" so I can get Bad Transformers Opinions bingo.
Can we complain about how it looks like Cyberverse was canned? That counts as complaining about size, right?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Wow, everybody should go and check out the teaser/concept sketches for Maketoys "Pandinus"(Not Scorponok).
It's on their front page.

Aside from the odd-looking scorpian mode, i'd say it's pretty mean looking robot.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maketoys sure teases a lot of poo poo that never gets released.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Cassa posted:

I dig the chrome on MP-10 Black Convoy? Or is that just silver?

It's chrome. And it's black, unlike MP-1 Sleep Mode's dark chocolate.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

The gently caress are you even talking about? There is no appreciable quality difference between Hasbro Acid Storm and Takara Sunstorm, let alone a $125 difference. What a strange direction to go in, or perhaps I should say goon in. :suicide:

Between the quality of the Takara Starscream and the coronation stuff/other extras he came with, I didn't mind spending the $200 considering he's been imported across an ocean. That's what I was getting at.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 23, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

Wow, everybody should go and check out the teaser/concept sketches for Maketoys "Pandinus"(Not Scorponok).
It's on their front page.

Aside from the odd-looking scorpian mode, i'd say it's pretty mean looking robot.

Why is he a fat hunchback?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Why is he a fat hunchback?

That's obviously his scorpion tail. He does seem to be proportioned similarly to Lugnut though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like it, it looks kinda IDW-ish. I wouldn't pay the fortune they're gonna charge for it, but it does look nice. Same goes for their Metroplex, but there already is an appropriately gigantic official metroplex (that sadly I don't have either).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, luckily I have a lot of options when it comes to Scorponok. He's one of those characters that I feel like I gotta have. I usually think of the comics Scorponok who is just a big guy rather than a city bot... I'll probably get a smaller one. I'd imagine that the Maketoys one will probably be the biggest.