Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

E34. Even has the brake-cooling impeller wheels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Slavvy posted:

E34. Even has the brake-cooling impeller wheels!

Yes that.. I had a brain fart this morning trying to post stuff on my phone.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If loving the 911 slantnose is wrong, I don't want to be right.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Visited the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon today on business, during lunch I took a 20 minute walk around taking random snaps as I went.

Reliant Robin postvan :3:

Fun thing about these minis is that they have 2 engines in them

The taxi from the Judge Dredd movie

The picture doesn't capture it very well but this thing was massive

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Swedish car importer dude posted this on his Facebook page:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

freelop posted:

Visited the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon today on business, during lunch I took a 20 minute walk around taking random snaps as I went.

What kind of jag is that on the right? It's gorgeous.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That's the XJ13. I say "the" because only one was ever made. Mid-engine V12.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This is the most metal Landy i've ever seen :black101:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

T1g4h posted:

This is the most metal Landy i've ever seen :black101:

This one is better!

and is also in the same museum

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Tomarse posted:

This one is better!

and is also in the same museum

I love how the picture is almost at the exact same angle as the one from the museum above.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Nocheez posted:

I love how the picture is almost at the exact same angle as the one from the museum above.

haha. I hadnt seen it further up the page! Clearly that is the right angle to photograph them from!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Head on didn't look right and there were too many other vehicles in the way to get a side on shot.

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
The best thing about this XJ220 (aside from it being an XJ220 and therefore awesome) is that it's a prototype with a V12 engine and not the V6 the production model ended with up with.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That and they tested the production drive train in a converted '89 Ford Transit, and the police were getting reports of seeing a white van doing 150mph+.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

13 INCH DICK posted:

That and they tested the production drive train in a converted '89 Ford Transit, and the police were getting reports of seeing a white van doing 150mph+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAWrswE3Yo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Q_res posted:

That's the XJ13. I say "the" because only one was ever made. Mid-engine V12.

Literally, one of the most beautiful cars ever. I have a weird feeling that it would have dominated competition and gave Ferrari a run for it's money if they ever had the chance to race it. I mean, just look at it.

What's also nuts is they crashed the poo poo out of it early in it's life, then it was just put away in it's hosed up form until they repaired it years down the road.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

The talk of Slantnoses up there reminded me that I should finally get around to going back through old phone pictures I had and post them in here, so have a bit (more) of a photo dump. I'll name the ones I know but some of the older cars I'm not too good on. Apologies if I've already posted any!

Porsche 930 Slantnose Turbo

Honda Z600 (Thanks 13 INCH DICK!) - does anyone know what the "Turbo 3000" badge designated, or if it was even factory?

Lotus Evora

Austin-Healey Sprite

Classic Boss 302

Classic GT350

BMW 2002 of some sort

Lotus Esprit

Ford/Shelby AC Cobra 427 (Probably a replica)

Ferrari 355

Ford Explorer Saleen Edition

A couple Porsches, another 427 Cobra in the background.. this place didn't have very good lighting but had a lot of very unique vehicles. The following BMW is from there as well.

BMW 3.0 CSL

BMW e92 M3 Lime Rock

Lamborghini Murcilago

1963 Corvette Split Window

Chevrolet Camaro(?) SS

Porsche 356

A Hot Rod

Classic Pontiac GTO

Classic Mercedes.. 190SL?

Corvette Stingray Targa

Aston Martin of some type

Camaro SS

Terminator Cobra

Some sort of classic Delivery Truck?

Shelby Daytona

Porsche 930

No idea what this one was.

Ford GT

Classic Chevy Bel-Air I believe.

baram. fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 23, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh man, I love those :krad: graphics on that 930 :allears:

Also, I forgot Saleen made an Explorer. Good lord, gold wheels on a red Explorer just do not work well at all.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

For those that don't know (or didn't read Jalopnik yesterday), this is the sole street-legal 935, owned by Mansour Ojjeh of TAG fame. Even though it sort of isn't a 935; it's a standard 930 body and interior, fitted with the engine from the 934 race car, combined with the brakes, suspension, aero kit and wheels(?) from a 935, all done by Porsche themselves.

So it is kind of a special car in a way.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The honda isnt a CVCC, it's Z600. Two cylinder air cooled motorcycle engine with a transmission as part of the crank case. No info on the Turbo 3000 badging though.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Baram posted:

Austin-Healey Sprite

Look at this happy little bastard. Just look at it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Baram posted:

The talk of Slantnoses up there reminded me that I should finally get around to going back through old phone pictures I had and post them in here, so have a bit (more) of a photo dump. I'll name the ones I know but some of the older cars I'm not too good on. Apologies if I've already posted any!

By the way, both Camaros are 1967s, and the GTO is a 1968. I believe that Bel-Air is a '56.

E: I guess it doesn't matter. You aren't listing years for anything else, but you seemed uncertain about those ones. :shobon:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

13 INCH DICK posted:

The honda isnt a CVCC, it's Z600. Two cylinder air cooled motorcycle engine with a transmission as part of the crank case. No info on the Turbo 3000 badging though.

That's makes it even cooler! Thanks!

El Scotch posted:

Look at this happy little bastard. Just look at it.

It almost matches your avatar!

Raluek posted:

By the way, both Camaros are 1967s, and the GTO is a 1968. I believe that Bel-Air is a '56.

E: I guess it doesn't matter. You aren't listing years for anything else, but you seemed uncertain about those ones. :shobon:

Yeah it was more the models I wasn't too sure of. Not being alive when they were current and cars of that vintage being as rare as they tend to be nowadays I never learned about them much, so I have trouble remembering which are which based on appearance. Thank you for the specifications though!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Baram posted:

Ferrari 355

Who specs up a Ferrari in this color? Or paints one that color after the fact. Either way that thing needs a new spray job.

Some sweet cars, the GT350 is my favourite and I would drive the poo poo out of it!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

thegasman2000 posted:

Either way that thing needs a new spray job.

Nope. Wrong. It might not be very "Ferrari", but neither is actually driving the car instead of wiping it down with diapers.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Raluek posted:

Nope. Wrong. It might not be very "Ferrari", but neither is actually driving the car instead of wiping it down with diapers.

Hell yeah drive the poo poo out of it but british racing green on a Ferrari. Its so unflattering to the car. Yellow, Red, Silver and Black are where its at.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

thegasman2000 posted:

Who specs up a Ferrari in this color? Or paints one that color after the fact. Either way that thing needs a new spray job.

It's beautiful in that colour, you watch your mouth. :colbert:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Terrible Robot posted:

If loving the 911 slantnose is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The one is actually a road-legal 935, not a 911 Turbo.

Ugh, should have scrolled down further.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 23, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

thegasman2000 posted:

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Any Color But Red is a good color for a Ferrari in my opinion.

drgitlin posted:

The one is actually a road-legal 935, not a 911 Turbo.

Ugh, should have scrolled down further.

I knew, I just wanted to post about how rad the Slantnose 93Xs are.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 23, 2014

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

T1g4h posted:

Also, I forgot Saleen made an Explorer. Good lord, gold wheels on a red Explorer just do not work well at all.

I never knew Saleen even touched the Exploder with a 10ft pole, let alone make a production version. That one needs some very long overdue TLC.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

Any Color But Red is a good color for a Ferrari in my opinion.
I agree... for the new ones.

But older Ferraris belong in Rosso Corsa with yellow/tan leather seats. Especially the 308, 328, 355, and 512.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
That 355 kicks rear end. It's pretty drat refreshing to see one that isn't yellow or red. I prefer white, though.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

The fact the people are frothing at the mouth because that Ferrari is the wrong colour means it is exactly the right colour.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Kenshin posted:

I agree... for the new ones.

But older Ferraris belong in Rosso Corsa with yellow/tan leather seats. Especially the 308, 328, 355, and 512.

Fly Yellow would like a word with you.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 23, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

gently caress yeah!

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If I ever own a Ferrari it will be anything but red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Preoptopus posted:

Goddamn do those look so much better when they're not a Fiero.