Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

scorpiobean posted:

This, and other introvert related comics/pictures, have always come off as being pretty insulting in my opinion. They tend to read more like 'CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR INTROVERT: Don't make any sudden moves or you may spook the introvert! Let the introvert come to you when it's ready.'

Everybody wants to feel special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

scorpiobean posted:

This, and other introvert related comics/pictures, have always come off as being pretty insulting in my opinion. They tend to read more like 'CARE AND FEEDING OF YOUR INTROVERT: Don't make any sudden moves or you may spook the introvert! Let the introvert come to you when it's ready.'

In case anyone thinks scorpiobean is exaggerating:

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I guess the lesson is, don't mistake shyness and introversion for modesty. Because these people clearly have none. "I'm so SPECIAL because I'm QUIET, I'm an OBSERVER, far too intelligent to take part in your silly SMALL TALK. If I don't speak to you it's because I haven't deemed you worthy!"

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I can't wait to see the ones for depression: "Sorry I'm being an rear end in a top hat, I have *~DEPRESSION~*"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AGirlWonder posted:

I can't wait to see the ones for depression: "Sorry I'm being an rear end in a top hat, I have *~DEPRESSION~*"

I was going to make one, but then I remembered I hadn't made my daily suicide attempt.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

trapped mouse posted:

Is the "energy bucket" full of spoons, by any chance?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
At least it's not as bad as the ones where people say "I'm a gamer, I'd go out of my way to help strangers in need" with an image of loving commander Shepard or some poo poo like that. I have unironically seen those float around.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
But, but when I took Zimbio's/Buzzfeed's/whatever's "Which Stupid ____ Are You?" test, I came up with ____, which says how special and unique I am! And it must be true, because that's exactly what I'm like! :saddowns:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Kiiiiiiiillllll meeeeeeee

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Kiiiiiiiillllll meeeeeeee

This macro has a point. The California economy is TOTALLY in the shitter right now, what with our budget surplus and most expensive real estate in the country. A few podunk towns in the reddest parts of the state declared bankruptcy a while ago, so this naturally means SF is on its way to becoming the next Detroit.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Later: "'High Elf' Does Epic Battle With Woman's Car"

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
I'd be sorely tempted to post this in response:

Also California is doing reasonably well all considered, and a lot of what put Detroit in its current state is forces that have nothing to do with the politicians there.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

California gentrification center of the United States? Yes I'd say it is working fairly well for the sort of upper middle class to rich person who votes democrat there. Now Republicans would be just as bad or worse, but someone having to commute 45 minutes for a minimum wage job isn't "doing well".

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Mensa is a club where you pay annual dues for the privilege of doing crossword puzzles with other dorks once a month

Wasn't it founded by eugenicists to encourage smart people (well, people who did well on their tests anyway) to meet each other?

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

uuuuuuuUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

she doesn't LIKE YOUUUUUUU

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Jesus Christ dude, take a hint. :psyduck:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
In year 12 you got a restraining order against me.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I wonder who should be more offended at this, men or women?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Celery Face posted:

In year 12 you got a restraining order against me.

Yet you still added me on Facebook.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Yet you still added me on Facebook.
The kid is in grade eleven and there's no way anyone wouldn't de-friend someone on facebook over that.

FrozenVent posted:

Misread the grades, sorry.
It's all good.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 00:43 on May 23, 2014

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

PresidentBeard posted:

California gentrification center of the United States? Yes I'd say it is working fairly well for the sort of upper middle class to rich person who votes democrat there. Now Republicans would be just as bad or worse, but someone having to commute 45 minutes for a minimum wage job isn't "doing well".

I don't know about you, but Downtown LA isn't being gentrified, it's just being lived in. These were all empty buildings that, suddenly, when you clean them up, people move in. Add on to the fact we re-installed our light rail system from DTLA to Santa Monica, Downtown actually became a viable place to live. Are they all hipsters? Yeah, but that just means I know where not to go in addition to Silverlake/Hollywood to avoid them.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Celery Face posted:

The kid is in grade eleven and there's no way anyone wouldn't de-friend someone on facebook over that.

Misread the grades, sorry.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

glowing-fish posted:

I wonder who should be more offended at this, men or women?

Who even knows, it could go either way based on your personal views. I can see it as "Men are so cool and collected, not like those crazy emotional nutty women." or it could be "You men have it so goddamn easy, we have way more complicated lives, we actually care about what happens around us, yet we hold it together better than you think because we're strong! Grrl power!"

Either way, stereotypes suck balls.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I don't have a screencap, but recently blowing up my news feed was a widely shared story about the theory that Chinese developers want to create a train line from Beijing, across the Bering Strait and over to Vancouver (where I live.)

My most truck-drivin-est, Canadian Wishes He Was From The American South acquaintance posted, in quick succession,

"Won't be the first time the Chinese build a railroad in North America"

and

"Hooraaaaaay more immigrants to take our jobs!" plus variations on this theme.

:canada:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

strangemusic posted:

:canada:

God drat :catstare:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

strangemusic posted:

Kick him in the teeth for me please.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Did he do the same thing when the Russians were talking about building a railway across the Bering Strait? (probably not)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

theshim posted:

For me it's more "life is hard because I loving loathe every single thing I've ever done and it's all poo poo" :smith:

You sound like you might have depression; please get therapy :unsmith:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

strangemusic posted:

I hate the sentiment, but god drat, this is ice cold.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014

ProperGanderPusher posted:

:smug:

I'm assuming that by "science" the parent that wrote this statement for their kid to hold up little girl actually meant Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

I got into a huge argument with someone I didn't know on Facebook over this, just because I happened to comment that the child clearly did not write the sign and the parent is pimping their kid out, and that I find that irritating. Well apparently that means I'm an evil right-wing Jesus freak who doesn't believe in science just because I disagree with making a kid hold up a dumbass sign.
My beliefs lean very far to the left and I consider organized religion to be a farce. I stated this. Didn't change the dude's mind. Sometimes you just can't win.

FlushablPet
Apr 27, 2002
AtKajAndAarAt

Met posted:

All public posts.

You managed to find I think the trashiest and most illiterate person in the world.

Also there's this gem of a comment completely lacking context:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I know I'm a bit late to the introvert talk. After reading "The Introvert Advantage", I was happy because I felt like I knew myself a little better and didn't feel so guilty about having some alone time every now and then. That's it.

Then Tumblr got a hold of it and now I'm worried that I'll get lumped in with a bunch of SJWs

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

grittyreboot posted:

I know I'm a bit late to the introvert talk. After reading "The Introvert Advantage", I was happy because I felt like I knew myself a little better and didn't feel so guilty about having some alone time every now and then. That's it.

Then Tumblr got a hold of it and now I'm worried that I'll get lumped in with a bunch of SJWs

Don't be a douchebag who thinks introvert means not dealing with people only on your terms, and you will be just fine.

Only difference between an introvert and an extrovert is staying power in public situations, and that can be beat with judicious application of caffeine and/or alcohol.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The writing on her back says something along the lines of "gently caress Putin" :ironicat:

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

trapped mouse posted:

Idiots on Social Media: I'd Better Get Home and Read Some Books

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Zeether posted:

The writing on her back says something along the lines of "gently caress Putin" :ironicat:

To be honest, if a political movement sprung up that involved naked women encouraging people to "gently caress FrozenVent", I'd give them the thumbs up too.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Shotgun at the top of the Great Wall of China

So this is why so many countries don't like American college kids.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

I got into a huge argument with someone I didn't know on Facebook over this, just because I happened to comment that the child clearly did not write the sign and the parent is pimping their kid out, and that I find that irritating. Well apparently that means I'm an evil right-wing Jesus freak who doesn't believe in science just because I disagree with making a kid hold up a dumbass sign.
My beliefs lean very far to the left and I consider organized religion to be a farce. I stated this. Didn't change the dude's mind. Sometimes you just can't win.

Y'all fuckers realize that thing is in response to the equally lovely one where there's a pic of a kid with downs but instead it says rubbishlike: "Science says I'm a mistake, an abortion that didn't happen, waa waa" and then that: "Jesus loves them for being a god-fearing soul" and whatnot?

Was in the Terrible forwards thread in D&D bit back if I remember right, the framing is exactly the same.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
That and "do. you. speak. english?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Lblitzer posted:

Shotgun at the top of the Great Wall of China

So this is why so many countries don't like American college kids.

Where should we go to spring break?

China bro!

• Locked thread