Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When you powerstance twinblades, it looks like you're a very irate kayaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

T.G. Xarbala posted:

What's your goal for either? And is Faith just a secondary or is Lightning your main boss damage dealer?

EDIT:

Yeah, proper Latin is kinda weird to us English speakers.

Fire Bonus scaling is not as important as just pumping Fire Seeds into your flame. I find upgrading casting implements to be the most important thing for spell damage, with stats mostly being about requirements.

Use bigger and better weapons and do more damage I guess? I'm not really sure. I got faith to 22 for lightning spear and strength to 20 because it lets me use a couple of the bigger weapons for the moment. I was going to use the craftsman hammer but I saw that it requires twinkling titanite and it seems that it's pretty hard to get(unless farming those dudes in the shrine like I saw on the wiki actually works).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Is there a list somewhere of all the stupid armors you can only get from selling your firstborn to various NG+ black phantoms?

e: made one

Aurous Armor (solid) - NG+ - No Man's Wharf - Knight on the boat
Black Witch Veil - Belfry Sol - Bellkeeper mage (or Nameless Usurper)
Black Witch Domino Mask - Belfry Sol - Bellkeeper dual-avelyn
Catarina Armor - NG+ - Forest of the Fallen Giants - Catarina knight at Soldier's Rest
Dingy Armor - NG+ - Grave of Saints - Firekeeper in the exploder pit (a guaranteed drop of all pieces +5 for no reason whatsoever)
Durgo's Hat - NG+ - Drangleic Castle - Greatbow phantom in front of the king's gate
Heide Armor - NG+ - Any Heide knight
Mad Warrior Armor - Belfry Sol - Warrior invader (must be in bellkeeper covenant)
Monastery Armor - NG+ - Aldia's Keep - Painting guardian (behind a painting :D)
Shadow Armor - NG+ - Flexile Sentry boss fight NPCs
Warlock Mask - Huntsman's Copse - Merciless Roenna (or Prowling Magus)

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 23, 2014

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So hey I finally got to the ending I suppose. It just kinda... ends, huh?

At least I got a cool picture of my purple nails I guess.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Use bigger and better weapons and do more damage I guess? I'm not really sure. I got faith to 22 for lightning spear and strength to 20 because it lets me use a couple of the bigger weapons for the moment. I was going to use the craftsman hammer but I saw that it requires twinkling titanite and it seems that it's pretty hard to get(unless farming those dudes in the shrine like I saw on the wiki actually works).

If you want big weapons just go with a Large Club. Yes, farming the dudes in Amana works for Twinkling Titanite. You can also get Sunlight Blade there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bellbroing is pretty fun, from either side. I got parried and murdered hard tonight for the first time, that was pretty awesome. I need to learn how to do that.

Liking this game is cool :unsmith:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spudd posted:

So hey I finally got to the ending I suppose. It just kinda... ends, huh?

At least I got a cool picture of my purple nails I guess.

That's an amazing fashion souls :allears:

Where did you get the hat?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Mans posted:

It is this set! You can buy it from a vendor in Aldia's Keep.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Witch+Set#.U37QvSj86Hs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mans posted:

That's the black witch set, and it is indeed very good. I used it on my first character mixed with some other stuff.

You can buy it from Royal Sorcerer Naavlan. However, before he sells it to you, you need to complete his..."quest", so to speak. You should look it up on the wiki when you find him since he has some extreme requests.

EDIT: Invading people in Black Gulch is so cruel. At least the bonfire is close to where I splatter their guts across the floor.

Do daggers do more damage on ripostes? If so, would it be worth keeping a dagger around just for when I guard break someone and have an opportunity to stab them in the chest?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 23, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Internet Kraken posted:

That's the black witch set, and it is indeed very good. I used it on my first character mixed with some other stuff.

You can buy it from Royal Sorcerer Naavlan. However, before he sells it to you, you need to complete his..."quest", so to speak. You should look it up on the wiki when you find him since he has some extreme requests.

EDIT: Invading people in Black Gulch is so cruel. At least the bonfire is close to where I splatter their guts across the floor.

G-Grunty? Is that you?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Do daggers do more damage on ripostes? If so, would it be worth keeping a dagger around just for when I guard break someone and have an opportunity to stab them in the chest?

Yep.

So far my character is maining duel mundane daggers. The damage output is not to be hosed with and the crits are all almost invariably oneshots.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

AndroidHub posted:

At least that's the only time I've ever heard it pronounced that way in english.

How much of an effect does the scaling from in and faith actually affect pyromancy? is it a huge leap if you have 30 in each stat as opposed to 10 for instance? I really kind of wish they had made the regular flame scale with something other than the same things all other casting mediums use, like maybe attunement and adaptability or something, oh well.

It took me a while after I made my pyromancer gimmick(which is pretty useful PvP-wise for a gimmick) before I found this chart:

It sorta made me want to cry. Oh well. MORE ATTUNEMENT FOR THE ATTUNEMENT GOD

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Iretep posted:

I'm actually still building up. It's going to be 75 later on but right now I'm just using a large club and lion greataxe.
You need 90 to power stance giant warrior clubs (they're 60 to one hand).

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Anybody around 1.7 mil SM want to do some small soapstone farming, in the big Undead Crypt hallway with the respawning mage spirits? Those should count towards duty fulfilled, right? Phantoms get Smooth & Silky Stones, and if you're a sunbro, the host gets a Sunlight Medal. If anybody's interested, I'll set my Name-engraved Ring to the disease god, Galib.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Which bonfire do I ascetic to farm the Monastery Scimitar? :raise:

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Anybody around 1.7 mil SM want to do some small soapstone farming, in the big Undead Crypt hallway with the respawning mage spirits? Those should count towards duty fulfilled, right? Phantoms get Smooth & Silky Stones, and if you're a sunbro, the host gets a Sunlight Medal. If anybody's interested, I'll set my Name-engraved Ring to the disease god, Galib.

I'm at 2.1 mil, but I'll help you out if you want to farm. Just be prepared to be invaded by literally everyone.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Kaldaris posted:

Which bonfire do I ascetic to farm the Monastery Scimitar? :raise:

The second one in Aldia's keep. The phantom that drops it is behind the first painting to the left after you exit the room full of green goop bottles. She only appears once per aesthetic but apparently has a guaranteed drop on new game+7.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Motherfucker posted:

Yep.

So far my character is maining duel mundane daggers. The damage output is not to be hosed with and the crits are all almost invariably oneshots.

Cool, I'll have to upgrade a manikkin knife to go along with my claws. Still not sure if mundane would be better than just working with the C scaling on the claws. I mean in the long run it would be but investing in faith and int won't do jack poo poo for this character. Vitality is also pointless given that I'm already below 40% just because my fashion souls outfit is ridiculously light.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't think hosts get anything if a sunbro shade gets a smooth and silky. My friends and I are all sunbros and we tend to small-summon each other a lot to make room for NPC summons.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I don't think hosts get anything if a sunbro shade gets a smooth and silky. My friends and I are all sunbros and we tend to small-summon each other a lot to make room for NPC summons.
Huh. I summoned a sunbro from a small sign in Shrine of Amana, and I distinctly remember getting a medal after he disappeared. But he was there an awfully long time (from the first bonfire all the way to the third), so maybe it was actually a large sign and he just timed out.

Anyway, if you wanna get summoned, put your sign by the third little tomb thing on the left.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Huh. I summoned a sunbro from a small sign in Shrine of Amana, and I distinctly remember getting a medal after he disappeared. But he was there an awfully long time (from the first bonfire all the way to the third), so maybe it was actually a large sign and he just timed out.

Yeah, timeouts on larges do count. A bit of a consolation prize for not beating a boss before getting de-summoned I guess.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Put your summon sign down now, and you can watch Tallgeese one-shot everything with overpowered magic!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

And croak because I'm holding a conversation simultaneously.

What are you looking for anyway?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

And croak because I'm holding a conversation simultaneously.

What are you looking for anyway?
Nothing in particular. I just thought it'd be a good place to get stones. (And medals, but I guess I was wrong about that.)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oh, thought you wanted to get dual Blue Flame. Here.

Can't drop Sunlight Medals yet, but there's your stones.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
FASHION SOULS GIMMICK PARADE

John Morris (gently caress Belmonts, Castlevania:Bloodlines forever)

Eric Lecard (again, as above)

A Lost Sinner

Flame Acolyte

HEY STOP THAT RIGHT NOW

Died taking that last screenshot. Yay immolation!

They're all actually pretty functional. I'm actually surprised how well the Sinner works, though since she can't do any invasions she's stuck ratbroing and bellbroing for kicks. Pyromancer tears people who can't understand pyromancy in a PvP context(basically everyone) a new one. I'm probably going to switch to a dagger for her since I never use the halberd in PvP except for when I have a random backstab opportunity.

... I still haven't passed Brightstone Cove on any character yet. Goddamn my gimmick fetish! :negative:

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

TerminalBlue posted:

They're all actually pretty functional. I'm actually surprised how well the Sinner works, though since she can't do any invasions she's stuck ratbroing and bellbroing for kicks. Pyromancer tears people who can't understand pyromancy in a PvP context(basically everyone) a new one. I'm probably going to switch to a dagger for her since I never use the halberd in PvP except for when I have a random backstab opportunity.

... I still haven't passed Brightstone Cove on any character yet. Goddamn my gimmick fetish! :negative:

Haha, I know what you mean. I've got 7 characters on the go, and the one that's furthest along's got 3 of the big souls and still has to get through the Shaded Woods.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

The pants on this set are ridiculous. They're literally a miniskirt and high heels. I'm surprised I don't see more comedy outfits with them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

The pants on this set are ridiculous. They're literally a miniskirt and high heels. I'm surprised I don't see more comedy outfits with them.

Even for men??

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's baller purple pants with fancy shoes and socks for guys.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

Gross.

I wanna wear a miniskirt and high heels to show off my ripped legs.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Azzents posted:

The second one in Aldia's keep. The phantom that drops it is behind the first painting to the left after you exit the room full of green goop bottles. She only appears once per aesthetic but apparently has a guaranteed drop on new game+7.

Thank you, got it first Ascetic, actually. ;)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

chaos rhames posted:

Which is a shame, since the Flame Sorceress Waistcloth is the same for both. :smith:

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Which is a shame, since the Flame Sorceress Waistcloth is the same for both. :smith:

Well. Almost.

YES I HAVE TESTED THIS SHUT UP

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

nah, you don't even get sexy thigh high boots if you're a man :smith:

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Tallgeese posted:

Oh, thought you wanted to get dual Blue Flame. Here.

Can't drop Sunlight Medals yet, but there's your stones.
I wasn't looking for Sunlight Medals. I've already got my Sun Sword, and this isn't a faith character. I wasn't particularly looking for stones, either, just an opportunity for camaraderie and jolly cooperation. Though I guess I won't say no to 98 silky stones. (I'd rather have asked for some Imperious Armor. I despawned the Super Shield Smash Brothers trying to get it.)

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I got a question

Who are these guys:

They show up in the reveal trailer but I don't recall seeing anything like them in the main game. Are they an old version of the dragon fanatics in Aldia's mansion?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

I got a question

Who are these guys:

They show up in the reveal trailer but I don't recall seeing anything like them in the main game. Are they an old version of the dragon fanatics in Aldia's mansion?

Nah that's what the manikins used to look like before from got sued.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

Nah that's what the manikins used to look like before from got sued.

Wait, what?

You're just loving with us right... right?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

FutonForensic posted:

I got a question

Who are these guys:

I think they're the old versions of the Manikins in Earthen Peak. Don't know why they change the mask design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Spudd posted:

Wait, what?

You're just loving with us right... right?

Nope. From got sued by some Japanese company for their manikin design, hence why they're all headless now.