Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:psyduck: :psyboom:

This is like the random poo poo you would throw together in Mario Paint as a kid. It practically has all the "instruments" Mario Paint had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

blackguy32 posted:

That's great and all, but you're bitching about people discussing things on a discussion forum.

It's okay to make fun of people being unfunny or uninteresting. This isn't a funny or interesting "discussion".

Lets go back to the occasional post from people who think Mario Kart 8 is the most beautiful game they have ever seen and the off hand quip about next gen actually starting when the game is released.

VVVV what the hell is that supposed to be?

Yoshi's Island is never going to get a decent sequel, is it

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 23, 2014

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

oh my god

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

This is the kind of in-house quality only Nintendo can provide. This is the reason we're all invested in Nintendo's success.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hahahahaha someone submitted that and multiple people were okay with it being in a finished product.

And it's still not as offensive as the visual style.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

that drum loop at the end is straight from Fruity Loops

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mandrel posted:

This is the kind of in-house quality only Nintendo can provide. This is the reason we're all invested in Nintendo's success.

This would almost work if that game weren't developed by Arzest.

Which if anything is just more strong evidence of Nintendo having horrible, horrible taste in the studios it outsources to.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 23, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

TheKingofSprings posted:

This would almost work if that game weren't developed by Arzest.

Which if anything is just more strong evidence of Nintendo having horrible, horrible taste in the studios it outsources to.

Imagine what Retro could have done with a "new yoshi game"

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Austrian mook posted:

was this game as bad as it looks?

Depends on how it looks to you - it's mediocre at the very best, but it has a handful of good ideas, some nice backgrounds, and a passable soundtrack (save for the three or so awful tracks everyone links when they're talking about the game). Despite the fact that the same melodic ideas get reused throughout the soundtrack, I still find YNI's OST to be less repetitive than that of the original Yoshi's Island. Mandatory tilt controls are stupid, and Yoshi's feet are way too big. There are a kajillion better platformers you could play, but there are probably two kajillion worse (give or take).

Austrian mook posted:

Imagine what Retro could have done with a "new yoshi game"
Well, fortunately, we've got Good Feel on it. I'm not concerned.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I tried to play Other M last week so I could see the much-talked-about lovely story, dialogue, and voice acting but I had to stop. It's just such a loving chore to play- "hey use a dpad for 3d movement also we'll aim for you also you have to point the controller at the screen to fire missiles also sense move may as well be complete invincibility boy aren't you glad we went with a single wiimote scheme instead of doing something more sensible with the nunchuck?"

It's just so bad in every way. I guess it's pretty... for a Wii game. The little execution things where Samus puts an enormous lizard in a headlock and murders its brains are pretty awesome I guess too. Neat idea but gently caress it's a bad game.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hmm

yeah ok

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Oh, Azarest.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I tried to play Other M last week so I could see the much-talked-about lovely story, dialogue, and voice acting but I had to stop. It's just such a loving chore to play- "hey use a dpad for 3d movement also we'll aim for you also you have to point the controller at the screen to fire missiles also sense move may as well be complete invincibility boy aren't you glad we went with a single wiimote scheme instead of doing something more sensible with the nunchuck?"

It's just so bad in every way. I guess it's pretty... for a Wii game. The little execution things where Samus puts an enormous lizard in a headlock and murders its brains are pretty awesome I guess too. Neat idea but gently caress it's a bad game.

Also like Skyward Sword it has an easy to trigger glitch halfway through where you can make it impossible to progress. Unlike SS though instead of a patch the only way to get around it is to restart or to mail your memory card to Nintendo so they can edit your save file.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Austrian mook posted:

was this game as bad as it looks?

It's not horrible, but it's incredibly forgettable While Yoshi's Island DS tried to innovate, this game does nothing new and tries to get by on nostalgia of the original classic.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

What

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you want a 3DS platformer where you eat things, get the new Kirby. They have not yet hosed up a Kirby game.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Do you guys think we'll hear more about SMTxFE at E3? They've kept it completely under wraps so far, I hope it's not cancelled.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

If you want a 3DS platformer where you eat things, get the new Kirby. They have not yet hosed up a Kirby game.

Kirby's Epic Yarn :can:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-qCyf4yQE

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I think Yoshi's New Island looks good visually ingame and in motion, most 3DS games look like total poo poo in screenshots - I thought ALBW looked like total garbage when I saw screenshots of it. That doesn't make up for the awful music though, but it at least looks like a better game than the Yoshis Island for DS that had baby wario or some bullshit

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Do you guys think we'll hear more about SMTxFE at E3? They've kept it completely under wraps so far, I hope it's not cancelled.
It was announced last year, it's probably still in development. Give it time.
E: To elaborate, they're both small companies, a year might have passed since it's announcement but do you want both teams to poo poo something out in a year or have some time to make a good product?

neetengie fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 23, 2014

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Why are you people so hung up about tits in vidya games? It's childish and dumb, but childish and dumb has its place in games just as it has in movies, TV, and books. If a game plays well just enjoy the boobs ironically.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Exioce posted:

just enjoy the boobs ironically.

Uh huh. :jerkbag:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So wait is everything Nintendo has ever done retroactively bad because of the Wii U, and are franchises tainted by their very association with it? Am I not allowed to like Batman anymore because Arkham City came out on it?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Sorry for not being a sperg about pixels. But you carry on.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

SALT CURES HAM posted:

So wait is everything Nintendo has ever done retroactively bad because of the Wii U, and are franchises tainted by their very association with it? Am I not allowed to like Batman anymore because Arkham City came out on it?

The Wii U is just a symbol of certain backwards philosophies that Nintendo have adopted over time. Some of those have manifested in Nintendo's other products and decisions.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Exioce posted:

Sorry for not being a sperg about pixels. But you carry on.

"You're a sperg if you don't like sexism." :confused:

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Chocolate Teapot posted:

"You're a sperg if you don't like sexism." :confused:

If you get worked up about excessive cleavage in videogames.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"Worked up". I think maybe if you have to project an emotional state onto someone to make your point, your point isn't very good.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
They're projecting their emotional state quite well all by themselves.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Supercar Gautier posted:

"Worked up". I think maybe if you have to project an emotional state onto someone to make your point, your point isn't very good.

We're talking about video game objectification on the internet. You have to choose between boner, ironic boner, and whining.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's ashamed of his boner so he's whining about people making fun of his new favorite tittays.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Exioce posted:

If you get worked up about excessive cleavage in videogames.

Pointing out "this is dumb as poo poo" and laughing at it and the people who thought it was a good idea to put into a game = getting worked up. Cool.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Man, Sticker Star sure was a lovely game, huh! Ha ha

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

Pointing out "this is dumb as poo poo" and laughing at it and the people who thought it was a good idea to put into a game = getting worked up. Cool.

Some were laughing, some were writing essays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sexism in media is actually pretty lovely, but at the same time is far too complex to get into on a forum full of fat male nerds that just want to defend their terrible console purchases.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Exioce posted:

Again, writing words doesnt mean you're angry bro. Sometimes its just discussion/analysis. Sorry you are so heavily invested in wanting big animated tits in zelda games. Calm down maybe?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

What does it even mean to "enjoy the boobs ironically", anyway? Like, that's a weird turn of phrase. Does it mean stroking your dick while telling yourself the whole time that it doesn't really count? Or does it just mean having fun laughing at how stupid they are (aka what people were already doing)?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Exioce posted:

Who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Supercar Gautier posted:

What does it even mean to "enjoy the boobs ironically", anyway? Like, that's a weird turn of phrase. Does it mean stroking your dick while telling yourself the whole time that it doesn't really count? Or does it just mean having fun laughing at how stupid they are (aka what people were already doing)?

Stroking your dick with a frown on your face.

• Locked thread