Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC - Elgin vs. Styles II, ROH Second to None 4/19, aired on ROH TV 5/17

Was this the same one as the "AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin - 03/29 ROH TV" already in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

toanoradian posted:

Was this the same one as the "AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin - 03/29 ROH TV" already in the OP?

No, they had two different one on one matches, which is why many ROH and NJPW fans were disappointed when it looked like the IWGP defense at the crossover show was going to be those two for a third time in a few months.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Thauros posted:

No, they had two different one on one matches,

Those are the same two matches as these:

HulkaMatt posted:

Michael Elgin vs. AJ Styles - 03/22 ROH TV
AJ Styles vs Michael Elgin - 03/29 ROH TV

aren't they? That's the impression I get from asking in the ROH thread. If not, then I am confused.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

toanoradian posted:

Those are the same two matches as these:

aren't they? That's the impression I get from asking in the ROH thread. If not, then I am confused.

No I don't know why that was listed twice. The first one was the day after the 12th Anniversary show. The second one happened in April but aired nowhere until last Saturday.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
My War of the Worlds Noms:

HM:
Nakamura v. Steen
Kushida v. Lethal

MotYC:
reDRagon v. Young Bucks
Okada v. Elgin v. Styles

I liked Liger v. Cole a lot but I think it's like a 3 3/4 star match, and Bennett v. Tanahashi had way too much Maria-related stuff to be up there for me. Still a very fun card overall.

I thought the crowd was actually pretty tame, honestly, they should've been exploding for that triple threat.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I thought the crowd was actually pretty tame, honestly, they should've been exploding for that triple threat.

They were apparently. ROH is just really awful at micing the crowd

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

My War of the Worlds Noms:

HM:
Nakamura v. Steen
Kushida v. Lethal

MotYC:
reDRagon v. Young Bucks
Okada v. Elgin v. Styles

I liked Liger v. Cole a lot but I think it's like a 3 3/4 star match, and Bennett v. Tanahashi had way too much Maria-related stuff to be up there for me. Still a very fun card overall.

it was easily the hottest crowd a ROH show has ever had. The in-house production was just awful we couldn't hear nearly any of the promos or entrance music properly, and the sound from the crowd never picked up strongly on the iPPV. They seriously need to invest in proper sound equipment, this is bush league if this is what they plan on bringing to traditional PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Cena posted:

it was easily the hottest crowd a ROH show has ever had. The in-house production was just awful we couldn't hear nearly any of the promos or entrance music properly, and the sound from the crowd never picked up strongly on the iPPV. They seriously need to invest in proper sound equipment, this is bush league if this is what they plan on bringing to traditional PPV.

I wouldn't go that far because there were some ungodly hot crowds in 2006 and 2007 but this was probably the hottest I've seen a Hammerstein crowd get.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sportsgenius86 posted:

No I don't know why that was listed twice. The first one was the day after the 12th Anniversary show. The second one happened in April but aired nowhere until last Saturday.

Look I trust you guys to post the date for every single match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I wouldn't go that far because there were some ungodly hot crowds in 2006 and 2007 but this was probably the hottest I've seen a Hammerstein crowd get.

I'd say the crowd for Joe vs Kobashi was hotter for sure. They were losing their minds by the end of that match. Real shame we never got a rematch there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Look I trust you guys to post the date for every single match.

I do! I think this one happened because KFG got the date wrong in the list he put together to help you a few weeks ago

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I do! I think this one happened because KFG got the date wrong in the list he put together to help you a few weeks ago

there was a match from ROH TV from 22nd that was nominated at the same time and i got them mixed together

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
HM: Cachorro, Hechicero, Virus vs. Dragon Lee, Cavernario, Negro Casas - CMLL Arena Mexico 5-23-14

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wd8qf

ChampRamp fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 25, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChampRamp posted:

HM: Cachorro, Hechicero, Virus vs. Dragon Lee, Cavernario, Negro Casas - CMLL Arena Mexico 5-23-14

Holy god they're still doing Cavernario gimmicks in 2014?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Holy god they're still doing Cavernario gimmicks in 2014?

Is Cavernario a man from a cave in the mountains of the Chihuahua region?

I've had a couple of friends from Mexico tell me stories of cannibalism in the boonies of that region. Don't know if there is any truth to them, but one didn't know the other, and they both told similar tales.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 25, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ISHII VS IBUSHI

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

ISHII VS IBUSHI

MATCH OF THE YEAR, I AGREE

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

ISHII VS IBUSHI

Yea, HM: Ishii/Ibushi - Return to Yokohama Arena 5/25

That was gloriously violent

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

ISHII VS IBUSHI

3rd

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Ishii vs Kota Ibushi - Never Championship Title match - New Japan Back to the Yokohama Arena 5-25-2014

So I'm 4thing!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Ishii vs Ibushi at NJPW: BACK TO THE YOKOHAMA ARENA 5/25

Ibushi stepped up and tried to hoss it out with Ishii and did a surprisingly great job. A couple of dangerous looking slips added to the drama, and while this never reached the heights of Ishii/Naito it was still a pretty drat good match and I highly recommend watching it.

Edit: Yeah, consider this a nthing for this as an HM.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

Yea, HM: Ishii/Ibushi - Return to Yokohama Arena 5/25

That was gloriously violent

no gently caress you that was match of the year all years

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MOTYC

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kota Ibushi - NJPW 5/25 Back to the Yokohama Arena

Just look at those two loving names and watch the drat match. Incredible.

oh, I guess that's a fourth!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SaberToothedPie posted:

no gently caress you that was match of the year all years

I agree with this sentiment.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just in case there aren't enough yet, MOTYC Ishii/Ibushi

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I have trouble deciding whether that or Ishii/Naito I was better, but whatever, Ishii's my Most Outstanding Wrestler easy right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

His match with Naito was so much better (and I didn't see his match with Honma which was supposed to be incredible too). This was a good match for sure, maybe even a great one, but goddamn it has some severe competition just up against other Ishii matches alone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

His match with Naito was so much better (and I didn't see his match with Honma which was supposed to be incredible too). This was a good match for sure, maybe even a great one, but goddamn it has some severe competition just up against other Ishii matches alone.

I thought this was better because I was utterly horrified the entire time and spent the match screaming with a few other people on skype.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

YEs to this. MOTYC for sure. High spot after a couple dull matches.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Casting my vote in the pile. That match was INSANE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Makabe/Tanahashi vs Goto/Shibata

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

2nd

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

3rd

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

agreed, fun as heck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: AJ Styles vs Okada - NJPW: BACK TO THE YOKOHAMA ARENA 5/25

Never quite got the flow going it needed and was essentially a series of isolated spots, but the key moments worked really well (particularly Ishii coming down) and the ending was really good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Never quite got the flow going it needed and was essentially a series of isolated spots, but the key moments worked really well (particularly Ishii coming down) and the ending was really good.

same

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jerusalem posted:

I don't begrudge you but I don't think this was anywhere close to even an honorable mention.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I don't begrudge you but I don't think this was anywhere close to even an honorable mention.

Fair enough, which is funny since I thought Makabe/Tanahashi vs Goto/Shibata wasn't anywhere close to an HM too. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

Is Cavernario a man from a cave in the mountains of the Chihuahua region?

I've had a couple of friends from Mexico tell me stories of cannibalism in the boonies of that region. Don't know if there is any truth to them, but one didn't know the other, and they both told similar tales.

That's exactly what it is...there used to be a trio of them, and, IIRC, both Jericho and Hijo del Santo started out feuding against them doing hair vs mask and hair vs hair matches.

I wish WWE would do more hair vs hair matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Ishii vs. Ibushi, 5/25

• Locked thread