Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The official forums are like self destructing, people are now getting refunds on all their purchases through Google Play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Syrinxx posted:

The official forums are like self destructing, people are now getting refunds on all their purchases through Google Play

Holy crap, really? That actually does sound like the end of the game, basically.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Seems people in my alliance are burning out as expected. Any effort goons want me to put in a good word for getting into a top 50 alliance for season 2?

I'd hop over to S.T.E.A.L.T.H. if invited. Let me know what to do. What's your username on the MPQ forums?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Syrinxx posted:

We've known Spider-nerf was coming for HOW long now?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

Ahahahaha over the Spider-Man nerf? He wasn't even really that efficient. Having him on your team was likely a loss in grinding speed vs a more offensively geared team running OBW. All those stun animations would really slow you down.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I did see a post, which I mysteriously can't find any more, that said a guy asked for a refund because the Falcon packs had 23% drop and the Daken ones have 6%. I'm sure the Google Play rep enjoyed hearing all this nerd rage poo poo

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

BGrifter posted:

Ahahahaha over the Spider-Man nerf? He wasn't even really that efficient. Having him on your team was likely a loss in grinding speed vs a more offensively geared team running OBW. All those stun animations would really slow you down.

I tried using OBW but when everyone else is using her or Hood it's impossible to get enough AP to do anything. Plus with OBW you can't use GBW. I can't win a single Psylocke match because two of my three main characters are useless. I'll probably resign from my alliance tonight and delete this shitstorm from my phone.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Gallow posted:

I tried using OBW but when everyone else is using her or Hood it's impossible to get enough AP to do anything.

Purple matches > everything else. Focus the opposing OBW or Hood first unless they have a CStorm. Make sure you only have three covers in OBW's purple ability.

Opposing OBWs are pretty much free wins unless you let them get a bunch of purple matches. Very low HP so a few matches plus a 1-1.5k damage ability knocks her out.

Edit: also don't be afraid to hold off OBWs purple a couple turns to get max value out of it. You should be stealing 10+ AP every time unless you have to stave off a critical ability.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Syrinxx posted:

I did see a post, which I mysteriously can't find any more, that said a guy asked for a refund because the Falcon packs had 23% drop and the Daken ones have 6%. I'm sure the Google Play rep enjoyed hearing all this nerd rage poo poo

If anyone gets a refund I'm willing to bet they'll be sandboxed as long as D3 can associate the purchase refund to their account. Still a pretty good option for anyone wanting to get out at this point though.

gromdul posted:

I'd hop over to S.T.E.A.L.T.H. if invited. Let me know what to do. What's your username on the MPQ forums?

It's McDongals on MPQ forums. The alliance leader is filling in spots pretty quickly after they open up but I'll be sure to bring you to his attention.

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 22, 2014

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Gallow posted:

I tried using OBW but when everyone else is using her or Hood it's impossible to get enough AP to do anything. Plus with OBW you can't use GBW. I can't win a single Psylocke match because two of my three main characters are useless. I'll probably resign from my alliance tonight and delete this shitstorm from my phone.

I did that in a fit of nerd rage after the funbalancing of Thor and Wolverine only to have second thoughts about it a couple of weeks later, not realizing I failed to back up my game. I would advise you to maybe just step away for a few days / weeks before deleting it. I had to start over and rebuild my collection from scratch, which hasn't been terrible but I had some almost complete 3* characters that were lost.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

intangible posted:

I did that in a fit of nerd rage after the funbalancing of Thor and Wolverine only to have second thoughts about it a couple of weeks later, not realizing I failed to back up my game. I would advise you to maybe just step away for a few days / weeks before deleting it. I had to start over and rebuild my collection from scratch, which hasn't been terrible but I had some almost complete 3* characters that were lost.

At least when that funbalancing happened I was already in the middle of the 3 star transition and well on my way to maxed Spidey and Punisher. I've tried every heavy hitter I could put with OBW and Psylocke and they all get crushed. I'm probably stuck in a god-tier bracket because of past success and if MMR is attached to games played, I'm screwed because I picked the wrong characters to focus on all this time.

After maxing Punisher I finally got enough covers to max GBW and she became my main damage dealer because I had all the time in the world to build AP if needed. Now any ability that takes more than three matches to use is worthless because everyone steals your AP and there's no way to stop it. My OBW is maxed but enemy OBWs constantly get the better breaks and rob me blind. I've died probably 15 out of 16 matches so far.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If anyone gets a refund I'm willing to bet they'll be sandboxed as long as D3 can associate the purchase refund to their account. Still a pretty good option for anyone wanting to get out at this point though.

It's McDongals on MPQ forums. The alliance leader is filling in spots pretty quickly after they open up but I'll be sure to bring you to his attention.

I made a post in the thread.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Gallow posted:

After maxing Punisher I finally got enough covers to max GBW and she became my main damage dealer because I had all the time in the world to build AP if needed. Now any ability that takes more than three matches to use is worthless because everyone steals your AP and there's no way to stop it. My OBW is maxed but enemy OBWs constantly get the better breaks and rob me blind. I've died probably 15 out of 16 matches so far.
Not sure what your roster looks like but Ares is probably the best easily available OBW killer. A 100+ CMag can also make short work of her and of course Lazy Daken would be solid too if you're a whale.

I'm really god drat sick of OBW too, though - she's reached nearly total saturation in the range I'm fighting and sometimes I can go more than 10 matches in a row without having an OBW-free fight.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

Not sure what your roster looks like but Ares is probably the best easily available OBW killer. A 100+ CMag can also make short work of her and of course Lazy Daken would be solid too if you're a whale.

I'm really god drat sick of OBW too, though - she's reached nearly total saturation in the range I'm fighting and sometimes I can go more than 10 matches in a row without having an OBW-free fight.

Yeah - but how do you string together consecutive fights without her? Sometimes (frequently) my team was at 100% heading into the next match thanks to her heal.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

JBones posted:

Yeah - but how do you string together consecutive fights without her? Sometimes (frequently) my team was at 100% heading into the next match thanks to her heal.
I run CMag/Hulk and Lazy Cap so I only have to heal occasionally. You can also just heal in pve if needed. But the bottom line is this game is horrible poo poo and the "Heal Pack" business model can gently caress off forever.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I tried both Ares and CMags. Since CMags has the stronger purple attack, OBW can't steal any. Ares is my best bet.

I really think I blew the MMR slaying whales for so long. Most of my opponents have high-level Psylocke along with other random maxed 3 stars like Lazycap and Lazythor who are true beasts. That's how 3 stars SHOULD be. Aside from health, Spidey is about as good as a 1 star because D3 has no clue how to balance anything properly. 2 star Wolverine is about the only nerfed character that they did a fair job on. If they had the respec system in place for that, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Thor got screwed much harder.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just got a black Hulk cover from a random Facebook gifted standard token. Guess that'll keep me playing for a while.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

gromdul posted:

I made a post in the thread.

I sent a PM to the alliance leader on your behalf but the guy that was about to bail had a change of heart. Still there's been some flaky activity as of late from a few so there might be some spots soon.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
In the meantime, AgentsOfGOON has two spots available. If DravenStone or mikeyv are goons, speak up!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
With Spidey nerfed into uselessness, I have no idea how to approach the level 230+ fights now. Oh well, at least quitting this game will be pretty painless.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

gromdul posted:

In the meantime, AgentsOfGOON has two spots available. If DravenStone or mikeyv are goons, speak up!

I'm dravenstone but I'm gonna withdraw my application - I just wanted to fill out the last spot for the end of season 1, I'm kinda burned out after getting a single 3* for playing solidly for a month.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary

gromdul posted:

Applied as CatfishClyde.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

With Spidey nerfed into uselessness, I have no idea how to approach the level 230+ fights now. Oh well, at least quitting this game will be pretty painless.

That's the other reason the nerf is going to hurt so bad. They built their game like the Sochi Olympic Complex. Pull off the load-bearing tarp and the whole building collapses.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Sorry, G.O.O.N., I'm leaving my spot. This game is too heavily monetized and competing has gone from being a casual endeavor to a full time MMO grind. I'm done.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Sad to see you go Dongues, you were a valuable asset and member of the team! And I envy all your amazing covers!

That leaves G.O.O.N at 16/19 members as well if anyone needs a spot.

shagster104
Jan 3, 2012

Kiffetastic posted:

Sad to see you go Dongues, you were a valuable asset and member of the team! And I envy all your amazing covers!

applied as shagster104. I play everyday, as I can't help myself.

Supprr
Mar 17, 2004

Kiffetastic posted:

applied as supprrjohn

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
AgentsOfGOON is 19/20. Come be a filthy casual with us.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm wise to your tricks MPQ! You're trying to keep me hooked until your next character announcement and throwing out the chance of older characters as rewards with events! BUT I'M ON TO YOU! :argh:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

gromdul posted:

Nope, I'm done. gently caress this game.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

gromdul posted:

I'm trying to but for some reason there's a bug where it deletes every letter as I type it so I literally cannot search for anything. Is there anyone else who has this bug? I just want to play games with goons. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a keyboard issue, I fixed it! Joined as Seymour, not putting my name into FB database since I linked it to my real FB account, though.

Deadly Chlorine fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 23, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Deadly Chlorine posted:

I'm trying to but for some reason there's a bug where it deletes every letter as I type it so I literally cannot search for anything. Is there anyone else who has this bug? I just want to play games with goons. :(
It's a bug with Swiftkey. Switch your keyboard to something else when you need to type in a text box in MPQ.

Yes, these developers are so loving retarded they messed up a text entry box and have left it broken for months.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Syrinxx posted:

It's a bug with Swiftkey. Switch your keyboard to something else when you need to type in a text box in MPQ.

Yes, these developers are so loving retarded they messed up a text entry box and have left it broken for months.
:suicide:

I see I made a good choice to start playing this game again. Still I guess I'll play until I get bored of it again, will leave alliance if I do though, so don't worry.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I just started playing this game a few days ago and I kind of like it. Currently ranked 20th in one of the events, but I just started playing a level and hadn't made a move when my game crashed. Now the characters I was using are at half health so I can either use health packs or wait about 40 minutes to try again. Really stupid design.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 23, 2014

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Regrettable posted:

I just started playing this game a few days ago and I kind of like it. Currently ranked 20th in one of the events, but I just started playing a level and hadn't made a move when my game crashed. Now the characters I was using are at half health so I can either use health packs or wait about 40 minutes to try again. Really stupid design.

Health packs automatically regenerate up to five at a rate of about 1 per half hour so don't be afraid to use them.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Joshlemagne posted:

Health packs automatically regenerate up to five at a rate of about 1 per half hour so don't be afraid to use them.

Seriously? Thank you, I've actually never gone under 5 because they're pretty scarce after the first couple of areas.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Last event I had to dip under eighty health packs for the first time since OBW came out. :sigh:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

And now I remember why I don't play multiplayer games. I got poo poo from some little prick in my alliance who has been insufferably smug about the Spidey nerf and how bad it's effected me. That was the was the last straw.

At least I may get featured in a games.txt thread someday, but sometimes you have to tell a company to go gently caress themselves and it's pretty cathartic. I hope others don't get too wrapped in this crap. I just wanted something cool to play on my work breaks and down time, not something that demands poopsocking and then randomly changes the whole dynamics of the game repeatedly because the designers are retards.

All those maxed characters gone, like tears in rain. Time to die. :shepicide:

EDIT: Looks like a found a way to get the developers to actually reply! :laffo:

Gallow fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 24, 2014

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Gallow posted:

And now I remember why I don't play multiplayer games. I got poo poo from some little prick in my alliance who has been insufferably smug about the Spidey nerf and how bad it's effected me. That was the was the last straw.

At least I may get featured in a games.txt thread someday, but sometimes you have to tell a company to go gently caress themselves and it's pretty cathartic. I hope others don't get too wrapped in this crap. I just wanted something cool to play on my work breaks and down time, not something that demands poopsocking and then randomly changes the whole dynamics of the game repeatedly because the designers are retards.

All those maxed characters gone, like tears in rain. Time to die. :shepicide:

EDIT: Looks like a found a way to get the developers to actually reply! :laffo:

Link please to the meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

JBones posted:

Link please to the meltdown.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8228

Here's babby's first forum troll. I love the two responses. :laugh:

This is what happens when a caffeine rush and and anger rush collide in a gamer's brain. At least there's no racism, so I'm ahead of the curve!