Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I'm not gonna argue, those are beautiful, but if I do ever get my 80s-90s Ferrari it's just gonna have to be Rosso Corsa with the tan leather. I just... want. :v:

:swoon:

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dunno, I always found the 308/328 to be a bit tacky

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

You Am I posted:

Dunno, I always found the 308/328 to be a bit tacky

They've aged so well. A friend had one in black for a while and when you start really looking at, the shape is amazing. (but they are cheap bags of bolts)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Ahem.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

That just looks like Miami Vice.

How about the red interior you could get in a 355?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
White Ferraris really only work if you wear a white suit with a pastel t-shirt, though.

(Dammit, beaten)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

angryhampster posted:

That just looks like Miami Vice.

How about the red interior you could get in a 355?

Surely noone was that depraved??

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

boxen posted:

Goddamn do those look so much better when they're not a Fiero on fire.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

This guy knows

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
F355 is still that last Ferrari that I really, really like the look of, and would actually consider buying. Conveniently, it's the only one that fits in the middle of the Venn diagram of "do I like it?" and "could I afford it at some point?".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've never been a fan of the door scoops on the 355, but dat rear end. :swoon:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

InitialDave posted:

F355 is still that last Ferrari that I really, really like the look of, and would actually consider buying. Conveniently, it's the only one that fits in the middle of the Venn diagram of "do I like it?" and "could I afford it at some point?".

I'm the same way. I've been thoroughly nonplussed by every Ferrari since the 355 with a minor exception for the FF. I liked the 550 and 575 as well, but they look drat close to the 355.

360 - blah
430 - worse than the 360
458 - whatever
612 - ugh
California - UGH
FF - ehh
Enzo - big ugly shoe
FXX - Jesus, they somehow made the Enzo worse
F12 - blargh
LaFerrari - :stonk:

I don't know; maybe I'm weird for not liking all these modern Ferraris. I like the 400 too, so maybe I'm broken :shrug:

Edit: the door scoops were a bit of an evolution of the strakes on the 348, which were an evolution of the strakes on the 512/TR. I like 'em.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I have been in love with the 355 because it loving ruled in Forza 2, but I really do not care for it in that British Racing Green color. I guess I'm a traditionalist who thinks Ferraris' primary color should be red, with yellow or white as suitable substitutes. The only black Ferrari I've cared for was that 599XX posted in the awesome pics thread.

On the other hand, I feel like Lamborghinis should default to black, unless it's that neon green seen on some Gallardos.

I'm a weird dude.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
My favorite modern Ferraris based on looks are the 308 with euro bumpers, 328, 355, 360, 456, F12, and my most favorite, the 550/575 Marinello. I dunno what it is exactly about the 550/575 shape that does it for me, but I'm in love with that car. I personally think either silver or black look best, but it really is drop-dead gorgeous in any color.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The 550 looks like an oversized Miata to me. :v:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

The 550 looks like an oversized Miata to me. :v:

Looks like a vette on a diet to me.

Note: my least favorite thing about corvettes is the looks.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

No love for blue Ferraris?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That car is so gorgeous you could paint it with a form of paint that causes people to vomit just looking at it, and it would still look good.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I think I might be the only person that actually likes the look of the California. It doesn't really seem likes its trying too hard, which I think most of the other "modern" Ferraris are doing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the issue with Ferrari is they're letting aerodynamics dictate the form, which really handcuffs what they can do with the styling. Great for performance, bad for finding stuff to hang on your walls.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

InitialDave posted:

"At some point" probably being immediately at purchase, and not any point thereafter.

(Not a hater, the 355 is my favorite 90s Ferrari).

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Jehde posted:

No love for blue Ferraris?

I want a blue one:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I love the F355 as well, especially this

Don't know why, but I have always loved the shifter setup on them.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

This has always been my favorite Ferrari color combination. Not many cars can pull off brown but this one does.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

xzzy posted:

I think the issue with Ferrari is they're letting aerodynamics dictate the form, which really handcuffs what they can do with the styling. Great for performance, bad for finding stuff to hang on your walls.

The ironic thing about this is that it is well known in the Formula 1 circle that Ferrari's wind tunnel supposedly sucks rear end and doesn't really produce consistent, good data.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Elmnt80 posted:

I think I might be the only person that actually likes the look of the California. It doesn't really seem likes its trying too hard, which I think most of the other "modern" Ferraris are doing.

I like it too, though I think it really should have been a coupe, not a convertible, It looks so much better with it's top up.

The 355 Spyder is fantastic, but I can't look at one without thinking of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSjR1Zg0mo&t=25s

neckbeard fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 23, 2014

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've always like the 512 BB because it's got a 12 cylinder boxer engine in it and has not a single ounce of fat or flab on it:

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

nope, I don't get the hate either. Looks a lot better than the gawping grin of the FF/F12.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

A lot of manufacturers are having trouble making their cars slippery while still trying to make them look good. Sad to think that the exotics of today represent the best that can be done, style wise.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It would be cool if Ferarri brought back some older models with retro styling. A modern Daytona Spyder would be loving sweet.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Every time I start looking at 355s my friend who owns one makes a point to tell me all the ridiculous poo poo that recently broke on his.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Don't they have like a 15k timing belt interval and doing the belt requires engine+subframe removal? Also they don't look that great to me, the lines separating the bumpers and the rest of the body are really awkward. Like, the proportions and overall shape are nice but the details are really clunky and clash with eachother a lot. This goes for the majority of post-70's ferraris.

Best looking 'modern' era ferrari in my book:

Also helps that it looks and handles like a 308 but isn't terribly slow. Also GIS the engine bay for archaic efi laughs.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Don't they have like a 15k timing belt interval and doing the belt requires engine+subframe removal? Also they don't look that great to me, the lines separating the bumpers and the rest of the body are really awkward. Like, the proportions and overall shape are nice but the details are really clunky and clash with eachother a lot. This goes for the majority of post-70's ferraris.

Best looking 'modern' era ferrari in my book:

Also helps that it looks and handles like a 308 but isn't terribly slow. Also GIS the engine bay for archaic efi laughs.

This is the right answer. The 288 proportions are much better than 308.

Form what I hear 348, 355 and Mondial 3.4T are the most expensive V8 Ferraris to maintain. There's a reason why they are relatively inexpensive to buy. 308/328 or 360/430/458 are much cheaper to maintain.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Ferrari Chat

Am I doing it right? :ohdear:

leica posted:

It would be cool if Ferarri brought back some older models with retro styling. A modern Daytona Spyder would be loving sweet.

To be honest if Lambo actually made this I would sell everything I own, and quite a lot of things I didn't to have one -

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

AirRaid posted:

Ferrari Chat

Am I doing it right? :ohdear:

hubba hubba :pervert:

The Miura has a permanent place at the top of my list of sexiest cars ever.

bandman fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 24, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can't see a Miura without thinking of The Italian Job.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The 458 looks like poo poo in any color other than white. It won't look nice in pictures, but in real life the white looks fantastic.

I don't even like white cars and the 458 looks great in white. In any other color though the 430 looks better.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There was an article on Petrolicious recently about a guy who convinced his wife to buy a Ferrari for 1 year and then sell it. Actually, it's about a book he's written about it, but they go in detail about some of the maintenance costs.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

InitialDave posted:

They are amazing cheap these days. Like 5 series money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Preoptopus posted:

They are amazing cheap these days. Like 5 series money.

They've been going up in price from what I've seen. I think it'll always be just out of reach for me. I think everyone else is beginning to realize its the best looking Ferrari ever :(

Mine will be Pozzi blue on tan...