Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

HELLO I'M FOURTH WAVE LESBRO COMING TO YOU WITH A LITTANY OF BAD AND STUPID OPINIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Manually picking poo poo up, the retard "Resistance", the loving retarded enemy design, the schizophrenic and also retarded level layouts, the retarded boss mechanics...

What the gently caress, guys? How did you end up with this after Butcher Bay?

lol how loving broken are you that you can't enjoy this sick-rear end game

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Am I doing sniper month right?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

lol how loving broken are you that you can't enjoy this sick-rear end game

I enjoyed the poo poo out of it and shooting Nazis in the face. Just a couple things that made me almost pop a blood vessel, which is kinda disappointing considering the build-up with the trailers and how well they did with creating that world.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
A moonbase in 1960? Asking for a refund.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

gleep gloop posted:

Critiquing a game? Not in my thread.

the helicopters were stupid as heck

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Only thing that ticked me off was losing the extra laser guns afterwards.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Am I doing sniper month right?

maybe not?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

then again

maybe so

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

genderstomper58 posted:

then again

maybe so

mayhaps :mrwhite:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

gleep gloop posted:

Jewish science magic, bro. Wish they had done more with that whole subplot, too.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Only thing that ticked me off was losing the extra laser guns afterwards.

Hit c, it's a secondary option on the marksmen

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I didn't find this out until that hard as gently caress part right after the moonbase. poo poo needs way more ammo though

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

poo poo, I didn't realize this. Gonna do another playthough though and let McHaggis get his brain sucked out instead of Babyface.

(vv Happens at the beginning, hashtagsorryimnotsorry)

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 24, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Thanks for turning the only good video game thread on these lovely forums into games.txt

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Spoiler tags should be disabled in here.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Encountered the skeleton Spectral Echo in Chivalry: medieval combat.
Thought it was a hack or custom skin at first. Managed to kill it before it killed me.
Slightly dissapointed it didn't do a custom skeleton Yell.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/846945955382061856/

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Gotta say though finally getting to shiv that feminine nazi gently caress Bubi, while his mistress watched in horror felt loving great. Not sure why some people felt bad about doing it but goons will defend anything even loving video game nazis apparently

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wolfenstein loving owns

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jew magic was an acceptable substitute for the occult

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jews beat the rest of us to Dead Space power armor.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also if you dudes don't fear words, The Man in the High Castle is a cool book that is basically the inspiration for everything in the new Wolfenstein

I think the game even references how the Nazis genocided basically all of Africa

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 24, 2014

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Also if you dudes don't fear words, The Man in the High Castle is a cool book that is basically the inspiration for everything in the new Wolfenstein

I think the game even references how the Nazis genocided basically all of Africa

IIRC Africa is the last place still putting up any resistance hence the Gibraltar Bridge and the Afrika Corps dudes going home on it and poo poo. The first mission also has a note written by some german tank commander talking about how their tanks got owned by the desert and the natives came out during the night and disemboweled them, cut their dicks off, and put said dicks in the decapitated heads of every nazi they could get a hold of.

They put a shitload of effort into the world building of a game that's purely about brutally murdering shitloads of nazis

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bolow posted:

IIRC Africa is the last place still putting up any resistance hence the Gibraltar Bridge and the Afrika Corps dudes going home on it and poo poo. The first mission also has a note written by some german tank commander talking about how their tanks got owned by the desert and the natives came out during the night and disemboweled them, cut their dicks off, and put said dicks in the decapitated heads of every nazi they could get a hold of.

They put a shitload of effort into the world building of a game that's purely about brutally murdering shitloads of nazis

There's a note later in the game that talks about how the "mortality rate in Africa has been reduced by 100%, except for South Africa which is full of rebels"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

There's a note later in the game that talks about how the "mortality rate in Africa has been reduced by 100%, except for South Africa which is full of rebels"

Huh I must've missed that one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Philip K Dick book? I have it on my Kindle wishlist.

I have a Kindle wishlist. SORRY I'M LITERATE AND PROUD OF IT

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Philip K Dick book? I have it on my Kindle wishlist.

I have a Kindle wishlist. SORRY I'M LITERATE AND PROUD OF IT

I read a few Philip K Dick books last year, and came to the conclusion that he's a great writer, but cannot write a good ending to save his life. The first 2/3 of the books of his I read were fantastic, and then the conclusions just left a lot to be desired. Like in The Man in the High Castle, the entire lead up to the finale is great, but I remember just staring at my kindle after I finished it, wondering what the hell just happened (not in a good way).

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

pkells posted:

I read a few Philip K Dick books last year, and came to the conclusion that he's a great writer, but cannot write a good ending to save his life. The first 2/3 of the books of his I read were fantastic, and then the conclusions just left a lot to be desired. Like in The Man in the High Castle, the entire lead up to the finale is great, but I remember just staring at my kindle after I finished it, wondering what the hell just happened (not in a good way).

That's because he wrote books while extremely hosed up on drugs.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Bolow posted:

I really did love the poo poo out of the world building involved.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yo Holly Bloopers- Ace Combat Infinity is coming to PS3 today. (The new F2P one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uut9m188_JU

I really hope it plays like AC4.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Newest AC was loving lame. Goons kept saying "Just wait, the campaign actually gets to the craziness of the earlier ones!" but instead of flying around a giant loving anime skycarrier I got "Now you fight 12 jets instead of 8! Wild!"

Plus none of the other pilots huff your hog as much as they did in the earlier games

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I know. AC4/5 for PS2 were loving awesome, though. I really hope it's more like them rather than the newest one.

Also for the hog huffing.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Apparently AC:Infinity has some incredibly lovely paywall stuff involving fuel so you can only play for like 20-30 minutes at a time every 12hrs or so.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bolow posted:

Apparently AC:Infinity has some incredibly lovely paywall stuff involving fuel so you can only play for like 20-30 minutes at a time every 12hrs or so.

Sounds like what they did with their lovely F2P single player soul calibur game :(

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Watch Dogs lets you kill trannies, game of the year

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

gleep gloop posted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I didn't like how they revamped the new Ace Combat. All you did was fight wave of enemies. The found the first missions pretty tough because you'd be up against a mob of jets hitting you from every angle. Dog fight mode was cheat mode pretty much. I still played through it though.

It did bring us this though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx1kq0B38U

We all fought two aces and both of them were so full of hatred for the world, the backstories they both got touches a warriors soul and feel sorry for them but knew what needs to be done, put them out of misery, we fought a child soldier sold by his parents and a great husband who lost his wife to a tragic military event, as they got their super planes and/or weapons we aces have to fight the emotional combat, something that happened 3x in the series, wether its possession or controlled of ones mind we still fight something that we don't want to, right now I feel a presence of another injured heart that we will encounter soon and its right in : ACE COMBAT INFINITY, we aces can think as we will, but sometimes we can't doubt the pain in others, for our job as aces is to fight to a warriors content, no matter how bad it gets....

-edit guess this is obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9NO4GQJRk

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 27, 2014

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
the whining in the games thread for watch dogs about nVidia being mean to AMD is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

gleep gloop posted:

• Locked thread