Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Sorry to keep posting at you guys, but as I keep finding more stuff to sell as I dig through my boxes of gear. I could swear someone asked about mics (I can't find the post at the moment) and I came across this Shinybox 46U Ribbon mic that I totally forgot I had.

I got it in trade for a couple of giant old API VU meters back when the dude (I think his name is John? I don't quite remember for sure, I guess my memory is starting to slip a bit) had just started up the company. I used it a few times and then set it aside and just kinda forgot about it in the hoopla of changing jobs and moving apartments. It' a pretty standard ribbon mic, figure 8 pickup pattern and all that. You can see more info at their site here. It's basically brand new, built like a tank and there's not a scratch on the thing. I originally wanted to mod it with a Lundahl ribbon mic transformer, but like the rest of the stuff I put up I just never got around to it. I never use it these days so I figured someone here might like it. It sounds great on guitars, and honestly everything I threw it on sounded sounded really nice.

I'd like to get $350 for it shipped to the lower 48 (if you're overseas I'll split the shipping with you 50/50). It comes with the really nice thickly padded nylon carry bag seen in the picture plus a well padded hard case that's not pictured. These sell direct from Shinybox for $425, so I figure that's a pretty fair price since it's pretty much brand new. Anyway, anyone interested just throw me a PM or post an email I can contact you with and let's make a deal!

Edit: While digging I also came across an old rack mount Chandler Tube Driver. I didn't take any pics but while I'm posting I figured I'd ask if anyone is interested?

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I will miss a lot of poo poo but I will NOT miss a Chandler Tube Driver. Tell me more. In PM if you wish. Callin' dibs if you can find it in your heart to let me do that 'til I check my bank account and we negotiate on price. :)

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Agreed posted:

I will miss a lot of poo poo but I will NOT miss a Chandler Tube Driver. Tell me more. In PM if you wish. Callin' dibs if you can find it in your heart to let me do that 'til I check my bank account and we negotiate on price. :)

Sent you a PM man, check it out and hit me back. Thanks!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I've got a Fulltone OCD Overdrive V4 pedal available if anyone is interested. $120 shipped inside the USA

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Would anyone be interested In a TS808 clone? it sounds good but, i found out I don't need it.

I already crank my v4 to get my full gain and really this thing is only used to drive amp when I am practicing myself. I can post the pictures tomorrow when I get by a computer.

Looking to her $65 shipped (ten less than what I payed) it was made by a dude in Belarus, it has both an asymmetrical clipping switch and a bass boost switch.

it really is a solid pedal and sounds awesome driving my friends 6505 but, like I said, I can't possibly get anymore gain out of my amp with it when it's tuning full out.

shoot and email if you want theyeattheirowngod@gmail.com

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I can vouch that SISH is a great seller :rock:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I'm trying to unload some of my stuff because I'm moving soon.

I have an Epiphone Riviera that I've barely ever played up for offer.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Backweb posted:

I'm trying to unload some of my stuff because I'm moving soon.

I have an Epiphone Riviera that I've barely ever played up for offer.

That thing is gorgeous but what were you looking to get for it?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

That thing is gorgeous but what were you looking to get for it?

Thanks, the cherry finish is what caught my eye initially. With the case I was hoping for something in the $450 range.

I got it for about $700 but places like Guitar Center are now selling them on clearance for $350, so I can negotiate a bit.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Schaller licensed Floyd Rose. Brand new. I bought it intending on installing it, but I went with a Gotoh Floyd instead.
Modifications (if any): none
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Comes with all the installation hardware
Location (City,State or City,Country): Rutland, VT
International OK? : yes
Contact Info (No Phone #s): here
References (eBay or other forum userid): engage757 (RT), KevinB85 (TGP), cardinal (TGP), Musza(SSO), bigdog (RT), stealthtastic (TGP, RT), Jim777 (TGP), John Price (TGP), Philwinstead (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), philiprst (TGP), Robert Evans (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), Captain Stinko (RT)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $140 shipped to the Lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii, and international will have to pay shipping.
Pictures:

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: EVH licensed Floyd Rose and hardware. $75 shipped to the Lower 48. The Floyd was originally installed in an EVH Striped Series. It's been used a maximum of 5 hours.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): installation hardware
References (eBay or other forum userid): engage757 (RT), KevinB85 (TGP), cardinal (TGP), Musza(SSO), bigdog (RT), stealthtastic (TGP, RT), Jim777 (TGP), John Price (TGP), Philwinstead (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), philiprst (TGP), Robert Evans (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), Captain Stinko (RT)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $75 shipped to the Lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii, and international will have to pay shipping.
Pictures:

I'll consider trades for the following:
BKP Juggernaut, Warpig, or Nailbomb bridge or calibrated sets. 53 mm, ceramic bridge (NB & WP), short leg.

Panterica fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 24, 2014

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Selling a wooly mammoth bass fuzz. Can't really fall in love with it unfortunately and I am mostly playing guitar nowadays. Can let it go for 40 plus shipping or maybe a trade if you have anything you are trying to get rid of.

on my phone so can't post pictures but here is the eBay listing http://bit.ly/1jOWW62

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Selling a wooly mammoth bass fuzz. Can't really fall in love with it unfortunately and I am mostly playing guitar nowadays. Can let it go for 40 plus shipping or maybe a trade if you have anything you are trying to get rid of.

on my phone so can't post pictures but here is the eBay listing http://bit.ly/1jOWW62

I don't have money right now but I will PM you when I do if you still haven't sold it

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Declan MacManus posted:

I don't have money right now but I will PM you when I do if you still haven't sold it

don't have pm but email me theyeattheirowngod@gmail.com it took it off eBay cause I just got my cab back and I am starting to find some useable tones out if it finally. but when I get this mf drive, I might let it go depending on how they like one another

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
E:

$250 would be nice

E: I'd consider done pickup trades. I want a good straty set with a jazzier neck.

I was thinking lace sensor golds and a gold/blue dually in the neck.

Anybody interested in a loaded p-rail pickguard? It's got two prails and a duckbucker. All wired and ready to go. 7 way switching too.

I've used it for about a month but I only use the single coil, so I'm getting some lace pups.

E: my sa mart post about this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637513

philkop fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 27, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

don't have pm but email me theyeattheirowngod@gmail.com it took it off eBay cause I just got my cab back and I am starting to find some useable tones out if it finally. but when I get this mf drive, I might let it go depending on how they like one another

Alright will do

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Brand new Axe Fx 2 XL. Bought a week ago, but I really need money to pay off a custom Mayones. I'm still within my return window, so if I don't get the price I want I'll return it to Fractal.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): none
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2850 + shipping. Firm. NO TRADES
Pictures:

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Brand new MFC-101 mark 3. Bought a week ago, but I really need money to pay off a custom Mayones. I'm still within my return window, so if I don't get the price I want I'll return it to Fractal.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): none
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $900 + shipping, firm. NO TRADES
Pictures:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Man, I've really got to start taking more advantage of low availability runs and start scalping poo poo too.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

iostream.h posted:

Man, I've really got to start taking more advantage of low availability runs and start scalping poo poo too.

Haha, no poo poo. Wow.

Might as well just say "buyer: eat a dick, FIRM no trades"

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

philkop posted:

E:

$250 would be nice

Anybody interested in a loaded p-rail pickguard? It's got two prails and a duckbucker. All wired and ready to go. 7 way switching too.

I've used it for about a month but I only use the single coil, so I'm getting some lace pups.

E: my sa mart post about this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637513

A question on this - I've considered going the P-Rails route after seeing Ty Tabor from King's X rock some incredible tones with a P-Rail equipped guitar. To get the full use of those though, I thought you needed Seymour Duncan's Triple Shot ring mounts, because a P-Rail will actually give you three sounds: humbucker, P90 and the single-coil "rail." If you've got push/pull pots on each of the knobs, are you just switching from humbucker to rail mode?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

haha. I think I have only seen him post selling stuff and often at very dubious prices.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Argali posted:

A question on this - I've considered going the P-Rails route after seeing Ty Tabor from King's X rock some incredible tones with a P-Rail equipped guitar. To get the full use of those though, I thought you needed Seymour Duncan's Triple Shot ring mounts, because a P-Rail will actually give you three sounds: humbucker, P90 and the single-coil "rail." If you've got push/pull pots on each of the knobs, are you just switching from humbucker to rail mode?

Good question. There are an insane amounts of ways to wire these and I did a lot of research before getting this. I've seen the triple shots and really don't like them. I bought this prewired and they did a beautiful job. Seriously some of the cleanest work I've ever seen, when I replace this I'll be wiring myself and it will most likely look like crap on the inside.

Anyways you have a standard strat five way, nuff said. The pull on the first tone turns on rails only (everything effects both pickups) the second tone instead of the first turns on p 90s. Both tone knobs on activates the humbuckers in series or parallel (the leased output vintage one.I forgot which). All buttons down is regular humbucker.

The volume pull turns on the neck pickup, making this a 7 way.

Before buying this I considered wiring it myself to allow even more possibilities and I'm glad I didn't, there's plenty sounds as is. I'm ultimately selling this because I've learned I'd rather take a one trick pony and beat it into the sounds I want.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'll have a brand new 2014 Openhaus coming in as soon as the post office does its thing. I've traded with many of you here and elsewhere, all references available upon request. Since I have complete disdain for the "thing" we have going on here where we try not to gently caress each other because, let's face it, small communities like this one are slowly dying in favor of larger, less tightly woven ones (in no small part due to some members' openly making GBS threads on the fabric of what makes these communities at all connected in the least, by trying to do things like gently caress people out of money scalping, and other activities but mainly that one lately hmmmmHMMMMMM), I'd like to get around $6,000 for this. By my math, that price is more than fair - if you want to spend years of your life waiting for a product, I guess that's fine, but who can put a price on every heartbeat that you'll never have, all the while waiting for something that you probably won't have another opportunity to get, just shining in your peripheral vision like the archetypal green light of hope. Feel free to beat back against the tide all you want, but here's the deal, I've got this, and you don't. For a mere $6,000 - and who here doesn't have six grand they could just casually poo poo out, anyway? - it can be yours. So new, I haven't even put a finger on it yet - from my mail to your doorstep!

My active disregard for you as a person is both free and incredibly obvious with this purchase, but shipping will be around $18. No trades.

Edit: You know what, that's not really fair. OBO on shipping, prefer UPS.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 26, 2014

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Agreed posted:

I'll have a brand new 2014 Openhaus coming in as soon as the post office does its thing. I've traded with many of you here and elsewhere, all references available upon request. Since I have complete disdain for the "thing" we have going on here where we try not to gently caress each other because, let's face it, small communities like this one are slowly dying in favor of larger, less tightly woven ones (in no small part due to some members' openly making GBS threads on the fabric of what makes these communities at all connected in the least, by trying to do things like gently caress people out of money scalping, and other activities but mainly that one lately hmmmmHMMMMMM), I'd like to get around $6,000 for this. By my math, that price is more than fair - if you want to spend years of your life waiting for a product, I guess that's fine, but who can put a price on every heartbeat that you'll never have, all the while waiting for something that you probably won't have another opportunity to get, just shining in your peripheral vision like the archetypal green light of hope. Feel free to beat back against the tide all you want, but here's the deal, I've got this, and you don't. For a mere $6,000 - and who here doesn't have six grand they could just casually poo poo out, anyway? - it can be yours. So new, I haven't even put a finger on it yet - from my mail to your doorstep!

My active disregard for you as a person is both free and incredibly obvious with this purchase, but shipping will be around $18. No trades.

I'll trade you my dirt bike

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Agreed posted:

Does this include any patch cables? Might be interested if they can be tossed in the deal.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'll trade you my dirt bike

Hm I hadn't even thought about a wicked sweet dirt bike. Can it be used to go fast and make mud go everywhere and does it make a sound like vrmmmmbbrbrbrbrbrVROOOM when it goes real fast.

Sockington posted:

Does this include any patch cables? Might be interested if they can be tossed in the deal.

No, though I think I can probably throw in some if it's reflected in a fair market value, say $60/cable (rainbow grab bag type, very high quantity per box, you may be familiar with them if not I can link info). Can't lose sight of the opportunity costs here, and anything that gets plugged into this will by virtue of Electron Crystal Lattice Association Memory become intrinsically better sounding. How many patch cables do you need, and also would you be willing to match another potential buyer's offer of a really cool dirt bike that can go in the mud and make jumps.

Thank you for your consideration.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
PM, escrow account, and first born sent.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
cash only, firm, no trades. sounds totally appropriate for a thread called "gear trades"!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

cash only, firm, no trades. sounds totally appropriate for a thread called "gear trades"!

But think of the tremendous value added by intentionally getting in legitimately interested people's way, and then marking products up a shitload so that a second-hand product's cost skyrockets $700+ for no reason at all, you're not even taking that into account and it's unfair to the seller. I really think this whole situation should be looked at in a more positive light, as a fellow attempted screwer of you people, thanks in advance.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
well as a certified dimwit and numbskull I approve of this and will buy it all. I am too lazy to to make a paypal account so just pm me for screen shots of my credit card

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I've got a Boss OS-2 distortion&overdrive pedal (my Jet City does not like it like my Crate Palomino did) and a Boss NS-2 noise gate.

Toss me an offer or trade and I'll get them sent out. Both used but working perfect.

:downs:
WOULD TRADE BOTH FOR A NEW AXE FX2
not interested in Axe FX 1 as trade unless you put cash into the deal

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 300w bass amp + cab.

Solid State bass head in a 4u rack (the head case IS the rack, covered in the same silver Tolex) with zero issues, I used Deoxit on all the pots and jacks, there's no scratchiness or noise, works perfectly and is loud as balls and can get a wide range of tones from tightly compressed to woolly fuzzy (and I'm not a bass player, so there's not a lot more I can say about the actual sound quality, but feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can).

Matching 2x15 ported cab on casters.

The Tolex on both is in REALLY good condition, no major rips or tears (a few dings here and there but it definitely doesn't look like an almost 30 year old amp) silver faceplate is in fantastic condition as well.

I'll add pics when I get back to the studio.

Asking $1400 (+ shipping if applicable), make an offer, trades are absolutely encouraged and I'd be willing to deliver somewhere around MS, TN, AL (anywhere in AL), GA and maybe LA if you let me crash on your couch, eat your cheetos and act like a creepy goon overnight.

WILL TRADE FOR AXE FX OR BOSS OS-2 DISTORTION/OVERDRIVE PEDAL OR BOSS NS-2 NOISE GATE NO TIRE KICKERS XOXOXO PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS AND AN ANGEL WILL GIVE YOU MICROSOFT STOCK

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 29, 2014

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Some synthesizer related stuff:

Nord G2 Modular Engine – $1099
Mutable Instruments Ambika – $999
Mutable Instruments Shruthi SMR-4 – $399
Roland JD-990 with Vintage Synth expansion card – $549
Roland M-512E Memory Card – $80
Alesis Micron – $249
Fulltone OCD Drive pedal – $120

NO TRADES
NO TRADES
NO TRADES
NO TRADES
NO TRADES

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Looking to get those old 12" 8 ohm guitar speakers off your hands. any make or model considered! (need 2 but can do 1 if the price is right)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Fulltone OCD Drive pedal – $120

What version? If it's V4 or earlier, do you know the value of the output pot? Thanks :)

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

Agreed posted:

What version? If it's V4 or earlier, do you know the value of the output pot? Thanks :)

What's the deal with all the versions of the OCD? Does it really matter?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
It's a V4 which still sounds super nice.

The V3 is the most desirable one for some reason. If you check Youtube there's a video comparing all 4 versions. The video makes the V4 look pretty weak in comparison but this is mostly to do with the fact that the volume knob works differently on the V4 and gets much louder around 3/4 turned. Also you can run an 18V AC adapter into the V4 to really blow up the sound.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Argali posted:

What's the deal with all the versions of the OCD? Does it really matter?

He's just put out a lot of different revisions over the years. Through the V2 and some early V3s, it was very similar in a lot of ways to the VLOD, but that didn't make it sound worse - great pedals both. From what I can tell, developments with the circuit from the V4 onward has been about addressing complaints users had about the V4 and prior units as well as ensuring it'd continue to be profitable and stable to produce while still selling for an affordable price relative to the boutique market at large.

It's a V4 which still sounds super nice.

The V3 is the most desirable one for some reason. If you check Youtube there's a video comparing all 4 versions. The video makes the V4 look pretty weak in comparison but this is mostly to do with the fact that the volume knob works differently on the V4 and gets much louder around 3/4 turned. Also you can run an 18V AC adapter into the V4 to really blow up the sound.

People really differ on this for reasons that aren't super clear. For example, just IMO, but the V4 is my personal favorite, and whether it's V4, V5, V6, or now V7 I think (don't BELIEVE he's up to V8 on it, yet, anyway) I don't think they sound THAT different from one another after they stop sounding a whole lot like VLODs from the late V2/early V3 period. I say this to be totally frank with you and with Argali :)

Some changes to implement a superior impedance relationship both at input and output started in the late V4 production period. You can tell whether it's one of the adjusted ones based on the pot values. It was a kind of middlin', not-so-great initial effort though because while it helped the impedance issue (meaning much more consistent sound without having to stick a buffer on either side of it :v:), it also basically totally dicked with the pot, swapping the original out for one with a screwy taper, so, yeah, it introduced (on accident) output inconsistencies with other models that makes it sound weird in a lineup. Sounds great on its own.

It does sound way better at 18V than at 9V, too, just benefits a lot from the higher headroom.

The thing is, though, I... guess I should PM you with any further questions.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Declan or anyone else, got the mf drive and it reacts so much better in front of my chain so decided to officially part with my wooly mammoth, $40 plus shipping.

let me know if you wanna grab it- rated sell to ml than eBay.

it has a sparkle fuesha finish because I got sick of boring silver. can send pics if needed.

edit: before I plug it in again and decide to keep it. :ohdear:

Smash it Smash hit fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
Anybody want a twsome fuzz? I bought it modded by blackout effectors themselves. It's the very special twosome but with the bird box.

Honestly I'm more of a clean guy and the dirt I'm getting with this through my JC 120 hasn't impressed me. Sucks because it sounds rad on most other amps.

Anyways I'm down for some trades or cash.

For trades I want a really good compressor (maybe keely?)and a really good delay. I also don't have a wah pedal.

philkop fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 1, 2014