Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

leica posted:

Well you're gonna get that no matter how big you are because of drunk idiots, but for the most part no one is going to gently caress with a guy your size. People have no problems getting in my face drunk or not because I'm not physically intimidating and everyone thinks they can "take" me. But most of the time once they realize I'm not going to back down, they back off because I inform them in no uncertain terms that they will be going to jail with a felony (FL law) if they so much as touch me, the local cops have my back and can usually make it there in 2.2 seconds.

Nine times out of ten, saying the word Cops and/or Jail will get even the drunkest hardass to back down.

It's actually funny to me, because I am about the least violent person you'd want to see. Something about the size and the beard makes me look grumpy. :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iwentdoodie posted:

Why were you around pallets without shoes on? Cause that's nightmare material.

I went down to the basement to do some laundry, got a few pallets down there to keep boxes off the floor. Didn't really feel like putting shoes on just for 30 seconds in the basement.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH CRAIGSLISTPUTER

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I don't care how that got there, love and cherish it!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

I don't care how that got there, love and cherish it!

I had to sacrifice a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Trust me, the sacrifices won't end there.

Last couple pages had a bunch of big ol' babies about windows fogging up because of a suboptimal selection of their air conditioning :lol:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The ONE thing BMW did rover right.

I want the compressor on, I get a button.

My passenger is a whiny twonk that wants heat when I'm overheating like the engine, No problem!

Other weird button is for rear air, It doesnt control the compressor either, it just operates the rear blower.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My car's HVAC is so advanced it doesn't even need a button for defrosting. It has an automatic optical sensor in the cabin combined to a state of the art infinitely variable blend door system, and it doesn't even rob power! A must with dealing with low displacement low torque engines, in my opinion.

Rawrl
Mar 30, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

My 1986 Celica turns off the headlights as soon as you open the drivers door with the key off, but my 1999 Corolla will just piss and moan about it until you manually switch them off. Pisses me off, both cars are made by Toyota, it cannot have cost that much to keep that loving relay around.

I mean, I get that the Celica was a fully loaded sports-thing when it was made and the Corolla is just an up-optioned washing-machine but still.

Your Corolla should have automatic headlights. My 99 base model does, anyway. It's nice never having to mess with the switch or remember to turn them off.

AFAIK they're controlled by a light sensor under that red dome on the dash.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rawrl posted:

Your Corolla should have automatic headlights. My 99 base model does, anyway. It's nice never having to mess with the switch or remember to turn them off.

AFAIK they're controlled by a light sensor under that red dome on the dash.

Yeah, mine has that too, I'm just so used to manually turning on the lights when I get in a car that it's habit now. Plus the automatic sensor doesn't always turn them on when I feel they should be (overcast, certain times in the morning and evening).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

My car's HVAC is so advanced it doesn't even need a button for defrosting. It has an automatic optical sensor in the cabin combined to a state of the art infinitely variable blend door system, and it doesn't even rob power! A must with dealing with low displacement low torque engines, in my opinion.

Hey cool, my vehicle's entire top folds down for optimal defrosting!

Doesn't work so well in the rain though :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

Hey cool, my vehicle's entire top folds down for optimal defrosting!

Doesn't work so well in the rain though :(

Drive faster

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Made a thread for the Beetle: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637790&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Apparently, its original "name" is the same as the ex-wife of my best friend (HS sweethearts, lived together for years after graduating, got divorced within a year of marrying), so I may change that.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fuckin' lol if you don't call your cars "The $Model".

This falls apart when you have more than one of the same model, though. :ohdear:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
my dad's cars and my cars are all Volvos so we just refer to them by their color.

white car, gold car, red car, dead car, truck.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Mine: crapcan/toiletjeep/gently caress this thing (depends on how much it broke), dirty piece of poo poo (named by a friend of mine), blue truck, big piece of poo poo...

Gonna have to change this up a bit because I am about to have two blue trucks that are carbon copies of each other and no dirty piece of poo poo. Gonna be weird, man.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Everybody loves taking money. No one likes paying it back.

:argh:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

kastein posted:

Mine: crapcan/toiletjeep/gently caress this thing (depends on how much it broke), dirty piece of poo poo (named by a friend of mine), blue truck, big piece of poo poo...

Gonna have to change this up a bit because I am about to have two blue trucks that are carbon copies of each other and no dirty piece of poo poo. Gonna be weird, man.

One poo poo, two poo poo, red poo poo, blue poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Devyl posted:

Everybody loves taking money. No one likes paying it back.

:argh:

Are you referring to our friends at the social security administration?

Still waiting on my money they took from my tax return for something about my dads ssi from over 30 years ago.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrChips posted:

Hahahaha

I refer to my cars by model usually (sometimes by color in the case of the 240s), or however many four-letter words I can string together in a sentence if I'm working on them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Slept a whopping 2 hours last night. About 3 hours the night before, 1 hour the night before that, and so on, and so on. Every time I'm just about to fall asleep, someone decides "oh, it's 5am, time to vacuum the entire house". Followed by "oh it's 6am, time to open the shutters and let the dog go absolutely apeshit if a leaf blows past the window", then "7am, time to mow the yard". Then 9am, time to blast Fox News cranked to 11. Then 10am, time to wake up for work.

So when I left the house today, I took my cellphone charger and laptop to work. Sitting in a Motel 6 with a sink full of ice and beer, and looking forward to sleeping for 8+ (hopefully 10) hours. Tomorrow will be :feelsgood: (I hope) , tonight is a mix of "why am I still awake" and "oh there's more beer in the sinkfridge".

Even for a Motel 6 this place is a loving dump, but it will be loving awesome being able to sleep without being constantly woken up. And one hell of a powerful (yet quiet) a/c unit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 27, 2014

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

Don't know about the '92 but on the previous generation Camry that wasn't a standard feature! Also, auto-off is available on higher-trim 3s :P
I think it was on that gen because the only options my car had was AC (maybe that was standard?) and an automatic.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

MrChips posted:

That's more accurate than you probably intended, since I have a white shitbox, two blue shitboxes, a red shitbox, and a camo shitbox.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

kastein posted:

That's more accurate than you probably intended, since I have a white shitbox, two blue shitboxes, a red shitbox, and a camo shitbox.

Well I do lurk your thread... :ninja:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Phone posted:

Fuckin' lol if you don't call your cars "The $Model".

I've done this with every car up 'til now, but my E46, being my first German car, is named after my WWII-veteran great-grandfather's childhood name (Fritz)*.

My wife, on the other hand, insists upon naming all the vehicles we get now, which is probably going to drive my batty.

*(He was in the US Army, not the German Army despite the name - he changed his name upon enlistment to the much more anglo-sounding 'Harry', since 'Fritz' wasn't an especially popular name in the US military ca. 1942).

blk
Dec 19, 2009
This #notallmen thing is the biggest inundation of horseshit I've ever read. Internet misandry^h^h^h feminism makes me so mad.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blk posted:

This #notallmen thing is the biggest inundation of horseshit I've ever read. Internet misandry^h^h^h feminism makes me so mad.

What is this thing you are referring to? I don't ever go on twitter, is it some dumb mens rights thing or something?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

blk posted:

You're mad about misandry, you say? :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

god drat promiscuous whores having the sex with loving assholes who treat them like poo poo instead of me dammit i told a girl her panties looked lovely and she just sprayed me with loving pepepr spray

"oh waaahhhh we're so oppressed guys rape and kill us for dressing wrong" listen you slut bitch i got an hardon from you flaunting your body at me do you have ANY IDEA how humiliating that is?

support #mensrights #mra #notallmen #whoresluts

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sometimes I wish a planet-killing asteroid would strike earth and wipe it clean of us, christ.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fucknag posted:

god drat promiscuous whores having the sex with loving assholes who treat them like poo poo instead of me dammit i told a girl her panties looked lovely and she just sprayed me with loving pepepr spray

"oh waaahhhh we're so oppressed guys rape and kill us for dressing wrong" listen you slut bitch i got an hardon from you flaunting your body at me do you have ANY IDEA how humiliating that is?

support #mensrights #mra #notallmen #whoresluts

*tips fedora* m'lady

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slavvy posted:

Sometimes I wish a planet-killing asteroid would strike earth and wipe it clean of us, christ.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sun's coming up
Time to go for a Sunday drive.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Standing in the rain pumping water out of a manhole. I feel like a Comcast employee. At least I got a $1.84/hr raise today.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Slavvy posted:

What is this thing you are referring to? I don't ever go on twitter, is it some dumb mens rights thing or something?

Read this: http://strangeink.blogspot.com/2014/05/not-all-men.html

If you really want to get depressed, go to twitter and search for the #YesAllWomen tweets.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Sartre was right, hell is other people

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

*tips fedora* m'lady

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Anyone know how to deal with egg stealing crows? Ive got a couple that are stealing my chicken eggs every morning and have started to pinch the wiper blades off the cars. They've worked out that anything long and straight is bad juju after I blew up a few of their mates with rifles/shotguns so now they just fly behind things to valuable to shoot whenever they see you (Cars, water tanks, the house...) so Im kinda out of ideas that dont involve nasty poisons.

You need to build a crow trap. http://www.crowbusters.com/crowtrap.htm

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I hope I don't regret this grocery store sushi I'm eating fot lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I hope I don't regret this grocery store sushi I'm eating fot lunch.

Whenever I have that, it doesn't taste great, but it hasn't ever made it's presence known after being eaten.

• Locked thread