Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Manuel Calavera posted:

Apparently, the three people behind it were permabanned, 8 accounts between the three of them. And a 4th is banned for 6 months. How the gently caress do you need four people to scratch out a name and put up a sticker?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342705

I think it was just the group of people that scratched it out, the sticker guy got off scot free because it's a sticker, and from the biggest force in EVE, who gives a poo poo.

Given what I have heard about the guy that got his name scratched out, he griefed the entire community by having them back him up despite being a total shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Apparently, the three people behind it were permabanned, 8 accounts between the three of them. And a 4th is banned for 6 months. How the gently caress do you need four people to scratch out a name and put up a sticker?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342705

I am pretty sure that no one got punished for the sticker, and that it was unrelated to the name getting scratched up

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Has word gotten out about who actually got banned?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Unless someone at CCP leaks the names, I doubt anything is going to be releases or anyone is going to be named. And honestly that's a good move given how retarded people can act over the simplest stuff

Anyway, to avoid being probated, let me tell you that setting people off in ESO's public zone chat by uttering a simple word, phrase, or sentence is still hilarious, even if it's a low-hanging fruit.

Flavor of the month seems to be Alienware. There was an all-Alienware guild recruiting a while back and I managed to set off a massive spergfest simply by saying that Alienwares were a waste of money. That got like 10 people mouthing off about how awesome their computers were while other people were just ignoring them.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Scyantific posted:

Anyway, to avoid being probated, let me tell you that setting people off in ESO's public zone chat by uttering a simple word, phrase, or sentence is still hilarious, even if it's a low-hanging fruit.

Flavor of the month seems to be Alienware. There was an all-Alienware guild recruiting a while back and I managed to set off a massive spergfest simply by saying that Alienwares were a waste of money. That got like 10 people mouthing off about how awesome their computers were while other people were just ignoring them.
I have had great success with "Alienware: the Mac of PCs" or variations on that theme.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Scyantific posted:

Unless someone at CCP leaks the names, I doubt anything is going to be releases or anyone is going to be named. And honestly that's a good move given how retarded people can act over the simplest stuff

They've already spent money on ESO, you're just rubbing it in with that. :v:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

Has word gotten out about who actually got banned?

CCP continues to grief its own players: there's a guy in the SA Eve thread who claims to be the guy who got the 6 month ban. There's just one problem: he's never been to Iceland (where the vandalism occurred). His Eve account has also been inactive for years.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

During The Burning Crusade era in WoW I did some reverse griefing: I had a lot of old crap in my bank, and decided to just give it all away, so i packaged up stuff and color-coded them: green packages for uncommons, blue for Rares, and brown packages for vendor trash, all valued above 1 gold. Then I sold the Blue's and Greens for 1 gold each, and the greys for 20 silver in Shattrath, role-playing as having some weird gift store and pulling out as many weird vanity items I as I could. I really just wanted to have some fun in the game, and a lot of people actually bought the stuff, since they were so cheap, and got positively surprised. However, the funniest reactions I got were from people convinced I was a scammer, trying to flame me in general chat and in whispers. Which was extra funny since my policy was that no one was allowed more than one of each package. I replied politely to all of them in-character as some kind of upbeat salesman, encouraging them to try the gifts, which just seemed to make them angrier. While not particularly great on the griefing scale, I thought it was pretty funny that you could troll people by simply trying to be kind to them.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I am the first person in the American server for Age of Wushu to summon an Elephant. A giant elephant that makes things unselectable because it can engulf them, I park it on top of people's stalls, block line of site to guild war objectives and knock people on the ground so it can gore them to death. Oh and I visited my first public execution, a goon was among the victims.

This game is so awesome for being a jackass in.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's a spell in Dark Souls 2 that does massive damage and apparently doesn't care who's standing in it, leading to stuff like this.

(Note that anyone yellow or white are people summoned by the world host, theoretically they're supposed to help him get through the level and kill the boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFG07ppe5w8

Toasterferret
Feb 20, 2013

When Aion first released in America, NCSoft had really lovely small load servers. Now, I was a head-starter so I got to check out the game mechanics and progress my character a decent amount before the pubbie hordes got their hands on the game. Now, Aion had a heavy pvp focus, with two factions being on separate worlds, which occasionally interacted forming portals between the two. This normall resulted in zergs of players running around each others zones killing everyone they got their hands on all willy nilly.

Now, because of the low load servers, the first week or two of the game after the main launch, there was upwards of a 3-4 hour queue to login. To combat this players already logged in would open up player shops. This basically made your character sit on a stool indefinitely and let you sell your items to other players. While you had a store open you would't logout. As you can imagine the towns were littered with afk players with placeholder shops selling one potion for a million gold or whatever, just so they could avoid the login queue.

Now, there was a midlevel quest that teleported you to the outskirts of the opposing faction's second city hub, just to "spy", before having you click a button which teleported you back. Me, being the rear end in a top hat that I am, started this quest at about 3am, when there were very few active players, and countless hordes of afk player shops sitting all around town.

I proceeded to fly above the town, nuking afk players into oblivion, then flying away whenever anyone tried to stop me. Eventually i was mobbed and killed, but not before killing some 50-60 enemy characters, which simultaneously earned me enough pvp points to be at the top of my guild, and caused all of the players I killed to respawn and then auto log off due to being afk.

I wish I could have heard the rage :allears: when dozens of players tried to jump on the next day and instead of being able to play immediately, had to wait in a three hour line to play the new game they just bought.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Dude learn another transition/sentence beginning besides "Now," are you high?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

TheSpiritFox posted:

On insanity peppers.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

TheSpiritFox posted:

Now, now, you shouldn't kinkshame.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Didn't see this posted yet, some more Dark Souls 2 griefing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

TheSpiritFox posted:

In A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Dave Eggers advocates for the use of Now to start a sentence. I can only assume ToasterFerret really took that suggestion to heart.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
ToasterFerret adds content to an enormous thread that's hardly been touched in 2 weeks and we get an influx of posts focusing on his use of 4 three letter words. Awesome, can't wait to see some comma usage and other pedantic grammar reviews come up next.

Now, (now!) for content-

Has anyone else tried the Super Mario or Luigi Bros games for the Wii U? It's very similar to the old school 2D Mario platformers, and is surprisingly difficult. Nintendo added their Wii touchscreen iPad so that a 2nd or 3rd player could stun enemies and create temporary helpful platforms using the touch controls. In practice - the coop play is mostly Mario and Luigi screaming at that touchscreen player as they deliberately place platforms to block jumps or touch hazards on the screen to kill you. Griefing is still much more satisfying to me when the person is right next to you, thinks you're incompetently trying to help, and is fuming about losing their 10th life down the same pit. "Sorry man I thought you needed a platform placed there!"

Also instead of implementing multiplayer Nintendo decided to allow players to scrawl messages to each other on the touchpad. These messages are turned on by default, probably censored because I haven't seen any dick drawings, and seem to 90% consist of little kids complaining about how hard the game is (it's hard even without an omnipotent platform placing douche).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

space uncle posted:

ToasterFerret adds content to an enormous thread that's hardly been touched in 2 weeks and we get an influx of posts focusing on his use of 4 three letter words. Awesome, can't wait to see some comma usage and other pedantic grammar reviews come up next.

Now, (now!) for content-

Has anyone else tried the Super Mario or Luigi Bros games for the Wii U? It's very similar to the old school 2D Mario platformers, and is surprisingly difficult. Nintendo added their Wii touchscreen iPad so that a 2nd or 3rd player could stun enemies and create temporary helpful platforms using the touch controls. In practice - the coop play is mostly Mario and Luigi screaming at that touchscreen player as they deliberately place platforms to block jumps or touch hazards on the screen to kill you. Griefing is still much more satisfying to me when the person is right next to you, thinks you're incompetently trying to help, and is fuming about losing their 10th life down the same pit. "Sorry man I thought you needed a platform placed there!"

Also instead of implementing multiplayer Nintendo decided to allow players to scrawl messages to each other on the touchpad. These messages are turned on by default, probably censored because I haven't seen any dick drawings, and seem to 90% consist of little kids complaining about how hard the game is (it's hard even without an omnipotent platform placing douche).

I have the 2D Wii (not U) Mario game, and I remember trying to play that with a few other people. I was trying to be a good friend, but people spent most of their time grabbing their mates and throwing them down pits or trying to steal all of the penguin suits and propeller helmets, because everyone loves those. The fact that we finished World 1 is a testament more to dumb luck and the power of "running terrified from your so-called mates" than anything else.

I have a birthday coming up and asked for the WiiU bundle with those games from my mother as a gift. Feel free to laugh, but my last console was in 2009 and I never got a 360/X-Bone or a PS3/Piss-Poor, so I don't exactly go mad when it comes to console gaming. I've always been just mad about Mario games, especially the 2D ones, and I'm frankly bothered by the fact that it's a "big deal" that a new games console actually comes with a sodding game for once... that used to be standard.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

I have the 2D Wii (not U) Mario game, and I remember trying to play that with a few other people. I was trying to be a good friend, but people spent most of their time grabbing their mates and throwing them down pits or trying to steal all of the penguin suits and propeller helmets, because everyone loves those. The fact that we finished World 1 is a testament more to dumb luck and the power of "running terrified from your so-called mates" than anything else.

I have a birthday coming up and asked for the WiiU bundle with those games from my mother as a gift. Feel free to laugh, but my last console was in 2009 and I never got a 360/X-Bone or a PS3/Piss-Poor, so I don't exactly go mad when it comes to console gaming. I've always been just mad about Mario games, especially the 2D ones, and I'm frankly bothered by the fact that it's a "big deal" that a new games console actually comes with a sodding game for once... that used to be standard.

Only for Nintendo consoles. None of the Playstation or Xbox consoles came with poo poo. Just a controller, hookups and a magic game box that produced pretty colors on your videoscope.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

space uncle posted:

Griefing is still much more satisfying to me when the person is right next to you, thinks you're incompetently trying to help, and is fuming about losing their 10th life down the same pit. "Sorry man I thought you needed a platform placed there!"

I feel Rooster Teeth embodied this pretty well in their New Super Mario Bros Wii U playthrough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmL7epUlNGo

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

neogeo0823 posted:

I really wish I had a link to the first Age of Wushu thread, or at least archive access to find it.

That was indeed a shining, golden age. Unfortunately, a lot of the fun is lost because no one recorded the backroom politicking and all the other strange if not necessarily epic poo poo that went on. You can still get the big picture, but unless you were there you'll never know how awesome turning a kung-fu cold war into a kung-fu total war actually was.

You can still see some of the grand guildhall invasions though! The first one always stuck out in my mind because we didn't know WTF we were doing and still owned face against a vastly more powerful force.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd play it more if their customer service and account security werent so hilariously terrible.

Oh and the cash shop skill sets didnt cost something like $99. :v:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Nathilus posted:

That was indeed a shining, golden age. Unfortunately, a lot of the fun is lost because no one recorded the backroom politicking and all the other strange if not necessarily epic poo poo that went on. You can still get the big picture, but unless you were there you'll never know how awesome turning a kung-fu cold war into a kung-fu total war actually was.

You can still see some of the grand guildhall invasions though! The first one always stuck out in my mind because we didn't know WTF we were doing and still owned face against a vastly more powerful force.

Suicide death squadding completely pissed off the try hard K/Ders so much. We may have had deaths in the hundreds compared to their dozens, but we still won. Truly was fun while it lasted.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Rynoto posted:

Suicide death squadding completely pissed off the try hard K/Ders so much. We may have had deaths in the hundreds compared to their dozens, but we still won. Truly was fun while it lasted.

I also liked that we'd get into fights with chiller groups and then make friends. It totally ended up about being order vs chaos in terms of the game meta. Chaos won. Of course, the mechanics favor chaos. It's a game about kung-fu war, not jedi knight II saber duels.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
Honestly, I'm not sure if stuff in EVE even counts as griefing, but considering the amount of rage the stuff I'm involved in generates, I figure why not.

I recently got back into it after a sour first experience, because I heard about ganking, specifically highsec suicide ganking of miners, and it sounded fun. What is ganking, in the context of EVE? It's when you load up a really cheap ship for pure damage output, fly it at something, and shoot them 'til they go boom. In highsec that's not always as easy as it sounds, since aggression against someone who isn't a war target (or a criminal/suspect) in high security space results in CONCORD (the space police) coming in and blowing up your ship in roughly 10-20 seconds, depending on the security status of the system you're in.

At first I was just doing this on my own, flying around and shooting innocent miners in highsec, and it was hilariously fun. I hung around two systems and just shoot at miners until I pissed off a bunch of Russians, and they brought in a 'pirate hunter' from lowsec to try and kill me. At one point, they were following my scout around asteroid belts and bringing in increasingly larger ships to point guns at it, until I was sitting with my scout in an empty, target free asteroid belt, and they had warped in a Battleship, a Cruiser and a Tech 2 Frigate to all point guns at my scout. But none of them would shoot, because my scout wasn't a criminal. So it was just a big show of force with no teeth behind it, and it was hilarious. I spent two hours just taunting them using Google Translate, and then used a bookmark I'd made earlier to warp my main ganking character right up next to one of their miners and blow it up, while all their defenders were sitting and pointing their guns at my scout on the other side of the system.

I have since joined up with a corporation which basically focuses soley on ganking and enforcing The Code as written on the hilarious website http://www.minerbumping.com and the rage we get sometimes is utterly hilarious. We've been ganking Freighters lately, even just shooting at empty ones if we have the ships to spare, because it's so much fun to hear the pubbies rage and cry.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SilverWingedSeraph posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure if stuff in EVE even counts as griefing, but considering the amount of rage the stuff I'm involved in generates, I figure why not.

I recently got back into it after a sour first experience, because I heard about ganking, specifically highsec suicide ganking of miners, and it sounded fun. What is ganking, in the context of EVE? It's when you load up a really cheap ship for pure damage output, fly it at something, and shoot them 'til they go boom. In highsec that's not always as easy as it sounds, since aggression against someone who isn't a war target (or a criminal/suspect) in high security space results in CONCORD (the space police) coming in and blowing up your ship in roughly 10-20 seconds, depending on the security status of the system you're in.

At first I was just doing this on my own, flying around and shooting innocent miners in highsec, and it was hilariously fun. I hung around two systems and just shoot at miners until I pissed off a bunch of Russians, and they brought in a 'pirate hunter' from lowsec to try and kill me. At one point, they were following my scout around asteroid belts and bringing in increasingly larger ships to point guns at it, until I was sitting with my scout in an empty, target free asteroid belt, and they had warped in a Battleship, a Cruiser and a Tech 2 Frigate to all point guns at my scout. But none of them would shoot, because my scout wasn't a criminal. So it was just a big show of force with no teeth behind it, and it was hilarious. I spent two hours just taunting them using Google Translate, and then used a bookmark I'd made earlier to warp my main ganking character right up next to one of their miners and blow it up, while all their defenders were sitting and pointing their guns at my scout on the other side of the system.

I have since joined up with a corporation which basically focuses soley on ganking and enforcing The Code as written on the hilarious website http://www.minerbumping.com and the rage we get sometimes is utterly hilarious. We've been ganking Freighters lately, even just shooting at empty ones if we have the ships to spare, because it's so much fun to hear the pubbies rage and cry.

You are a pubbie though.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You are a pubbie though.

Nah, even if he's not in goonswarm CODE is still a force for good

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Saw this video in a thread in D&D and wondered if anyone wanted to make bets on this being a stealth grief/internet performance art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGXqxoLHlI

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So my gf let me in on a trick in WoW that she calls Turtle bowling. On Timeless Island (max level area) there are turtle enemies called Elder great turtle, you can attack these to make them attack you back then carefully run them to the (supposed) safe zone in the center, the turtle will follow you and when you get there you simply have to find someone not paying attention and stand next to them, the turtle will use an attack called Geyser which will kill almost anyone in a single hit, all you have to do is move out of the way just before it goes off and you can kill loads of people. The best part is since its the enemy doing it, not you, the people take damage they have to pay gold to repair as well as being able to kill people on your own side. As an extra plus if they retaliate against you the guards will come and attack THEM.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
You can do that with a number of the elite NPCs on the Isle. The giant fire elementals and the giants fiery yak men are great for that as well as they're slow enough to not get yourself killed but their attacks will one or two shot most other players.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Star Trek Online is doing their annual Summer Event, which is an excuse for people to go to the tropical pleasure planet of Risa to grind for a couple of spaceships, tame tropical birds and monkeys, fly jetpacks around the resort and engage in a player vs player race on hoverboards. After we got bored of winning this race and getting enough of the grind currency "rewards" from it, we decided to make things more fun for those still doing it.

Because Risa is a party planet, combat powers are disabled. Because Cryptic has lovely code, we can get around this to use certain powers, like the Engineer captain's power Cover Shield. This deploys a high health bit of cover with full collision for two minutes. Get enough Engineers together and some nefarious people could do something like block off the finish line for the hoverboard race.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nocss+sto/comments/283yi4/look_what_group_has_taken_up_to_trolling_the_ends/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9_1dbkAMF0

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm not entirely certain how popular Payday 2 has been for you goons here - but the game is a veritable orchard of griefing delights, much in the same vein as was Left 4 Dead and other coop-vs-AI games.

To those not familiar, the game revolves around teams of 4 criminals performing different heists - ranging from plain old robberies to multi-stage infiltration, recovery, hacking and transportation missions. The better the performance of the team, ranging from the amount of loose items stolen for cash, to penalties for killing civilians, there is a hefty investment of time and effort on the part of the perpetrators, all for the reward of some experience to make your crew better, and to purchase and unlock new pieces of kit and disguises.

Suffice to say, having one member of your team working to sabotage the work being performed causes incredible amounts of rage and frustration, especially if you manage to deny them success after one of the longer, multi-stage missions.

Some examples include:
-Setting off alarms during stealth sequences. Incredibly easy to do - and it turns most missions into a storm of police and swat teams that will eventually overwhelm the robbers. Some missions are an immediate failure if this occurs!
-Killing hostages and civilians. The hostages serve as a mechanic to allow exchange for 'captured' robbers - and are therefore a valuable commodity! Killing them and the civilians penalizes the player with a cash penalty... but if you aren't the sort to care overmuch about payout and are there to troll, they also serve the effect of escalating the armed responders aggression and difficulty!
-Throwing loot into inaccessible areas. Many of the missions involve carrying duffel bags of various items to drop off points and escape vehicles. Some missions have a minimum requirement of same. If it should happen that one too many of these loot bags are lost? Well... time to restart!
-Taking over various tasks and then failing miserably at them. There are a lot of interactive objects that require lengthy 'hold E to complete' activity - such as picking locks and operating equipment. See how long it takes for your team to realize that you keep aborting progress before completion!
-Not assisting 'downed' team-mates, or letting yourself be taken down in horrible locations. The latter will usually get you ignored after a few attempts, but can serve as a lovely delaying tactic for the rest of your team.
-Delaying the end of the mission. This one can be incredible for the simple fact that your team will be unable to exit the mission and move on until all 'live' team members reach the exit point. Pretend to be stuck or lost somewhere. Or go conveniently 'afk' in an area and let them drive each other into a rage while waiting for you to exit. It is possible on a good many of the maps to find a location where the npc police will never really be a threat, and can hide there indefinitely until your team-mates give up and quit.

Some of the missions have the added bonus of being a single-failure event, usually offered up for a massive payout, but with no option to retry the activity if the team does not succeed. Suffice to say, destroying any hope of success during the last day of a multi-day job yields some incredible tears of rage and frustration, especially considering these multiple stage missions can take upwards of an hour or two to complete.

The game is on sale on steam right now, too - and is quite fun if griefing isn't up your alley.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's also pubby racing! Last one to the escape van either gets kicked, or grenades thrown at them. Depending on how dickish you feel.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Manuel Calavera posted:

There's also pubby racing! Last one to the escape van either gets kicked, or grenades thrown at them. Depending on how dickish you feel.

Do the grenades injure teammates?
For that matter, do the trip mines? If so I can easily picture planting several mines near the van for a 'accidental' grenade to set off.... Hmmm...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes and yes! If your pubby is running around in just a suit, as they tend to do when they demand stealth, three grenades can down them.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
In Payday 2 most of the time the game itself is the one griefing the players. Like guards who's pathing breaks in front of an objective during a stealth mission, forcing the team to kill them (you have a limit of 4 guards you can kill). Or a player leaves and gets replaced by AI, and the AI smashes through a skylight alerting everyone.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manuel Calavera posted:

Yes and yes! If your pubby is running around in just a suit, as they tend to do when they demand stealth, three grenades can down them.

Pubbies in that game always demand stealth. Back when it came out, most of them just wanted to speedrun the jewelry store heist a million times to unlock things quickly. Did they ever use the unlocks? No, they did not, because that would require not speedrunning the jewelry store heist to use them.

All you had to do to get absolute rage was pull your gun. It was glorious. I had a hard time doing that, though, since I do presidential jokes as my Steam profile name and at the time I was Teddy "YOLO" Roosevelt. Apparently having a president nerds love and a meme nerds hate is enough to get kicked from games in seconds.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
In payday 2, upon receiving the instruction that we were going to stealth the mission, I immediately answered by using a circular saw to open an ATM in a very visible, busy street.

The art form is in griefing them but not enough to get kicked. If you "accidently" set the alarm off right before you succeed, the pubbies might chalk it up to incompetence and yell at you, but not kick you. It's very easy to just put your mask on 5 seconds in and start team killing, but not very interesting or creative.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
I've been griefing in GTA V by non-stop attacking a single randomly selected target until he quits the game. The other day I scored 5 points in 2 hours. Also in GTA V if someone goes in passive mode (can't be attacked or attack) you can crush them with your car, if they get in a car the friendly fire turns back on. A fun result of this is I've found some people who just really liked to be chased around and have a villain to fight against online, and instead of griefing you make a nice experience for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Oppenheimer posted:

I've been griefing in GTA V by non-stop attacking a single randomly selected target until he quits the game. The other day I scored 5 points in 2 hours. Also in GTA V if someone goes in passive mode (can't be attacked or attack) you can crush them with your car, if they get in a car the friendly fire turns back on. A fun result of this is I've found some people who just really liked to be chased around and have a villain to fight against online, and instead of griefing you make a nice experience for them.

I miss my billionaire days where you could repeatedly put bounties on a player's head, over and over and over again.

• Locked thread