Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

some serious aryan spirit right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

TheIllestVillain posted:

some serious aryan spirit right there

Yeah, Beardy is just bursting with it.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Dude lost it when they replaced his favorite brand of hot dogs with Hebrew Nationals. He's never been the same since.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

MrBling posted:

And one of the albums (I think its the re-release of Goat Horns, but I can't remember) has a swastika made of AK-47s in the booklet.

It's on Nechrist.

I saw an Aura Noir gig a couple nights ago. Their albums are mostly alright but the live act was crazy good and energetic. I also saw Deströyer 666 who played a new song that was pretty bad. They did play I Am the War God though so it's okay

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

m-o-o-n posted:

It's on Nechrist.

I saw an Aura Noir gig a couple nights ago. Their albums are mostly alright but the live act was crazy good and energetic. I also saw Deströyer 666 who played a new song that was pretty bad. They did play I Am the War God though so it's okay

Sucks that the new D666 song doesn't sound great. I really liked Defiance, but I guess they don't have Shrapnel anymore, so... Also agree about Aura Noir, seen them a few times and they're always fantastic. Only album I regularly listen to is Black Thrash Attack though.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Meh, Nokturnal Mortum still are awesome, despite whatever political affiliations and general gooniness they reflect.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!
For those of you that like Nokturnal Mortum(and that includes myself, although I haven't really listened to anything after their NS coming out party, Nechrist), Varggoth released a statement on facebook:

Varggoth posted:

Salute! Many things change as years pass by – including our world-outlook. If I say that today I am a same person that I was fifteen years ago, when “Nechrist” was created, I would be a hypocrite. And changes in me inevitably bring the changes to Nokturnal Mortum. Henceforth Nokturnal Mortum is a Sun shining through the night. We create music which is open for everyone who has got the strength to be a human and to walk the path of creation that passes from the depths of the ages. In eternal search for truth we deny all the labels which ever were put on us. Now we draw the inspiration from the beginning of times when gods lived among the men, when emotions and senses ruled the world and spiritual foundation of mankind was forged of elements and cosmic energies. That’s why new album “Істина” (“The Truth”) will open the new epoch in our history. Thereby, one of the first steps that we consider to be necessary to take is a total change of our logo. All the professionals who have abilities and desire to create the new logotype for Nokturnal Mortum should write to nokturnal-mortum@ukr.net. Let us know about your propositions, ideas and terms of cooperation under which you would like to work with us. Maybe logo made by one of you will become the symbol, under which we shall continue our musical journey – that, as I hope, will last for a long time.
Varggoth, 22nd of March, 2014.

Looks like they are trying to go legit now by shedding their nazi ties. I think it's a half-assed statement and I think it's purely to be more accessible.

Hey look Varggoth from November posted on his facebook announcing a split EP with Graveland. So yeah, I think he's trying to hide back in the closet. I'm not buying it.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Guess I'm about to see ulcerate in a venue the size of a shoebox, this should be something.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

theres this really good interview with NM from years ago where varggoth talks about how he was in this really dark time in his life and he read this book that pulled him out of it and i looked the book up and it was by a chilean nazi ufo theorist. also he talks about how one of the other band members has a pet owl and wants a wolf.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Hey now, Miguel Serrano was a perfectly reasonable man who wrote entirely logical books about Hitler being an alien.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Anyone going to Maryland Deathfest this year?

Pretty bummed that Triptykon dropped off at the last minute; but REALLY excited to finally be able to see Candlemass, At the Gates, and Taake.

impvnity
Apr 28, 2014

okvltist.
pretty jelly of you East-coasters atm.

CASTEVET//THANTIFAXATH//ARTIFICIAL BRAIN//PYRRHON
@ Saint Vitus Bar
https://www.facebook.com/events/682962908417043/

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Shakenbaker posted:

So Southern Darkness Fest has a clip of a ~mystery band~ up. Anyone have any guesses?

Turns out the band is "Native Tampa Sludge legends SCROG".

"They have only played a handful of shows since their official demise in the mid 90s and will reunite for an exclusive performance at #SDF. This is not a band you will find online. You won't be able to stream their music on Spotify. You have to come to #SDF to witness this underground bulldozer!"

Even Metal Archives doesn't have anything on them.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

TeamJesus posted:

RYM does

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TeamJesus posted:

Turns out the band is "Native Tampa Sludge legends SCROG".

"They have only played a handful of shows since their official demise in the mid 90s and will reunite for an exclusive performance at #SDF. This is not a band you will find online. You won't be able to stream their music on Spotify. You have to come to #SDF to witness this underground bulldozer!"

Yeah, guy at work told me who they were and we were both lost. Sucks that it isn't the corpse of Acid Bath returned from the grave, but I'll be there either way.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
If you need a breather from the Dead Congregation album, stream Vanhelgd's awesome new album: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/05/album-debut-vanhelgd-relics-of-sulphur-salvation/

(I don't know why you'd need a breather from the DC album it's quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Anyway, this is great too).

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Mike Bishop will be taking front man duties for Gwar at the Gwar-B-Q this year. So I guess that answers at least part of that.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Shakenbaker posted:

Looks like Mike Bishop will be taking front man duties for Gwar at the Gwar-B-Q this year. So I guess that answers at least part of that.

That's just a rumor.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/05/19/gwar-will-headline-gwar-b-q-will-sing/

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heh then it's a rumor that came from the band, because the quoted text from that article came from Gwar's website.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Goddamn Regicide slays (can't stop listening to Hour of Penance)

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Goddamn Regicide slays (can't stop listening to Hour of Penance)

Oh gently caress this is out. YYYEAHHH.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I had no idea they even had a new one coming. I'm sure it will be good but monotonous just like all their other albums.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Defiant Sally posted:

Oh gently caress this is out. YYYEAHHH.

Time for some SERIOUS GAINS

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a new Body Count album out in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sokdL-0iV9s

Can't wait.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

impvnity posted:

pretty jelly of you East-coasters atm.

CASTEVET//THANTIFAXATH//ARTIFICIAL BRAIN//PYRRHON
@ Saint Vitus Bar
https://www.facebook.com/events/682962908417043/

I saw Thantifaxath, Castevet, One Master, and some crusty thrash band called Pus on Saturday, it was an awesome show in the tiny back room of a nice bar that was clearly not outfitted for shows. There was no microphone stand so three kegs were stacked and a microphone stuck through the handle of the top one. The PA was sitting on top of kegs. The room had a lot of empty kegs taking up space in the back. Two of the guys in OM couldn't fit on stage. The guitarist of Thantifaxath had to face away from the crowd in order to use his pedalboard, which didn't really matter as they were wearing robes and couldn't move much anyway.

Behold... keg stand!

Source/more photos: https://www.facebook.com/NoVisibleSacrs/posts/730000870355976

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
New Misery Index comes out tomorrow, and gently caress it's rad.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

New Misery Index comes out tomorrow, and gently caress it's rad.

I saw them last night and was totally mesmerized by Adam Jarvis. One of the best drummers I have ever seen. If you get a chance, go see them.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Anybody going to Hellfest this year?

I'll be covering the event with a friend, so we're trying to figure out how to get to Clisson; so if somebody wants to carpool (we'd pay our part of the fuel, etc.) let me know!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Just stopped by to say I really, really miss Savatage; i loved dead winter dead, and the wake of magellan and its a travesty i never got to see them live :(

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

Anybody going to Hellfest this year?

I'll be covering the event with a friend, so we're trying to figure out how to get to Clisson; so if somebody wants to carpool (we'd pay our part of the fuel, etc.) let me know!

Alas, no. I'll be attending Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium and Wacken open Air in Germany but we're planning to go to Hellfest next year.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I said it in the Doom thread, and I will say it again here: The new Agalloch is amazing.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I said it in the Doom thread, and I will say it again here: The new Agalloch is amazing.

I was having trouble getting into the album then I realized it was because I don't like the first track at all and I have this weird dumb insistence on playing albums like this from start to finish. The rest of it is great though, although I don't think it'll convert anyone who doesn't like their earlier stuff.

Also I love the fact that the album's highlight is a LONG instrumental post-rock track

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 27, 2014

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Klaaz posted:

Alas, no. I'll be attending Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium and Wacken open Air in Germany but we're planning to go to Hellfest next year.

I managed to sort the transportation issue, so it's all good.

Regardless, if any goon wants to hang out, let me know.

As for gmm... Why? Since live nation bought them they became a mainstream (papa Roach, limp bizkit, etc.) festival.

I'll probably cover Wacken though!

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was having trouble getting into the album then I realized it was because I don't like the first track at all and I have this weird dumb insistence on playing albums like this from start to finish. The rest of it is great though, although I don't think it'll convert anyone who doesn't like their earlier stuff.

Also I love the fact that the album's highlight is a LONG instrumental post-rock track

Agreed. Really odd choice for an opening track, and just nowhere near as good as the rest of the disc.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://hothmusic.bandcamp.com/

This concept album about Darth Vader by a band called Hoth whose logo is a TIE Fighter is pretty decent if you like the slightly blackened melodic death thing. Kind of reminds me of Kampfar or Mithotyn at times, or even pre-Deliverance Opeth. The artwork rules, obviously.

Also Domains' Sinister Ceremonies is phenomenal. Get if you like Altars of Madness-inspired things. (I got mine from Ajna, no idea who else has it.) It too has spiffy arts.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 27, 2014

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Anyone else catch the Manowar clue on Jeopardy last night?

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

As for gmm... Why? Since live nation bought them they became a mainstream (papa Roach, limp bizkit, etc.) festival.

Well, it's only a 40 minutes drive for us and besides the usual terrible headliner choices they've got still enough bands worth going for in my opinion (Ghost, Behemoth, Annihilator, Opeth, Watain, Battlecross, and that's just the first day).

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Opeth!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AgentJotun posted:

Agreed. Really odd choice for an opening track, and just nowhere near as good as the rest of the disc.

It wouldn't be a metal album if you didn't have to skip track 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Rumor has it, that Amon Amarth are going to strike out again across North American soil this fall with Sabaton and Skeletonwitch once again in tow. Not being a tremendous fan of power metal, I've never had the chance to see Sabaton live. How is that? Power war metal eh?