Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Never use "Last" or "Final" in the title of your game.

Stop that.

Even Last Stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I keep trying to find other kiwis willing to pitch in on some of these KS games so we can save on shipping.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Esser-Z posted:

Even Last Stand?

Hmmm. :raise:

Yeah, I'm gonna stick to my guns on that. It's a misnomer!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

lilljonas posted:

I'm not completely versed in Infinity, but from what I've seen it's pretty close.

Unfortunately I find I can't get very excited by many of the models, but of course that's personal taste. Heard good things about the ruleset.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

This is nerdy as hell and total working from our livingroom low budget as RPGs go, but I am so down:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2142616695/orthodoxy-an-rpg-about-the-politics-of-reconstruct?ref=discovery

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
48 hours left for Endless Fantasy (tactics, not the video game): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otlgames/the-miasma-war-endless-fantasy-tactics

Look at them gels:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Rise to Power is at the "hours left" point with 69 hours to go. The KS picked some steam after it reached basic funding and now sits at 17k AUD. It also unlocked almost all the stretch goals (mostly mini-expansions) except for 2: A 5-6 players expansion, and an expansion which would add Government Districts to the game. They'll need 20k to unlock the former and 22k for the latter. I've been pleasantly surprised before, so I'll be optimistic about things.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mehuyael posted:

Rise to Power is at the "hours left" point with 69 hours to go. The KS picked some steam after it reached basic funding and now sits at 17k AUD. It also unlocked almost all the stretch goals (mostly mini-expansions) except for 2: A 5-6 players expansion, and an expansion which would add Government Districts to the game. They'll need 20k to unlock the former and 22k for the latter. I've been pleasantly surprised before, so I'll be optimistic about things.

I backed this because $25 with free postage was hard to ignore. Getting the 5-6 player expansion would be ideal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thought I'd post this update Dreamforge Games posted since it's a good example of the direction I'd like to see more projects go in regards to women in battle armor and such, especially compared to those loving borderline-nude space alien chicks recently posted about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._project_update

Unfortunately I did not buy any sets of female soldiers because seeing the preview of Ada and that he'd mentioned they'd look similar to her, I thought it looked kinda like poo poo:

But he just posted the preview renders for the female soldier squads and poo poo, they look fantastic. Granted, this project has been plagued with issues and delays and the original projected completion time for it was late 2012/early 2013, but ultimately in the end he's come through with everything that's been completed and they've been of the highest quality, so I've got no worries. He also made them the same size as the male figures so the parts are interchangeable, which is great.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

But he just posted the preview renders for the female soldier squads and poo poo, they look fantastic. Granted, this project has been plagued with issues and delays and the original projected completion time for it was late 2012/early 2013, but ultimately in the end he's come through with everything that's been completed and they've been of the highest quality, so I've got no worries. He also made them the same size as the male figures so the parts are interchangeable, which is great.

Them butts. Hopefully the men have the same cheek defining getup: they could win wars by walking backwards!

On The Lamb are hosting a watch for the last two hours of the campaign at the CMON Expo, so ask some questions: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otlgames/the-miasma-war-endless-fantasy-tactics/comments

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LordAba posted:

Them butts. Hopefully the men have the same cheek defining getup: they could win wars by walking backwards!

They actually do! Though they're not quite as pronounced. Those being renders with a big glaring light source shining off them doesn't help either. Here's a kinda dim shot of the Eisenkern Stormtrooper leg sprue.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The butts were the first thing I noticed, but yeah that's the render.

Are these just alternate heads or did they re-sculpt the whole bodies?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
According to the update, they've been modified to be slightly more feminine, but are still interchangeable if you want, which is the main reason he made the women the same size as men instead of slightly smaller, so you can swap the parts around as you desire. Also, I haven't actually paid attention to GW poo poo in a while, but apparently a box of 10 Cadians is now 30 bucks. A box of 20 Eisenkern, which are on par with GW sculpting if not far superior in certain areas(hands most notably) and have comparable amounts of articulation and parts is 42 dollars. Mark's a good dude and I'd like folks to support him in his ambition. If nothing else than because he's producing a top quality alternative to GW stuff. I purchased a few of most of each set he had available in the kickstarter, and they're all outstanding. The GW large-scale 40k vehicles/mechs WISH they were as intricate as the Leviathans Mark designed, and the Leviathans are currently 96 dollars on his website.

Like, I have pledged as many people know a shitload towards many kickstarters whether as investments or personal purchases. No other miniatures kickstarter has both surprised me with its quality and satisfied me more than the Dreamforge one, so if you're looking for cheaper stand-ins for 40k minis or what-have-you, I 100% recommend Dreamforge's stuff. I've spoken to Mark a few times and this is a dream come true for him despite all of the unfortunate setbacks the project has encountered.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Got my Stonehaven elves in the mail. Sadly, not as awesome as the dwarves and gnomes. The flat style they've been going for in their sculpts is a lot more evident on the elves than it was on the gnomes, and the odd proportions they went with don't quite work on some of the models. The best scupts are probably the non-human ones, like the grippli and the pixies. And the trolls. The trolls are great as always.

Not to say all of the elves are bad. There are definitely some that're going to look pretty great painted up. I'm definitely glad I backed, and it was worth the money I paid. It's just that their two previous Kickstarters were so much better.

Hopefully their next one will be better. I'm kind of hoping they'll just go all out and make a Kickstarter purely for their trolls.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rise to Power somehow blasted through the last 2 stretch goals without me noticing, and is sitting at around 22.5k right now. That unlocks the 5-6 player expansion and the government sector.

Since there's still over 24 hour left there's talk of adding a last-minute stretch goal.

e: The new SG is for higher quality markers for keeping track of your grid size, etc'...

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 25, 2014

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The first Dragon Kings pdf has been delivered. Still waiting on the rules pdfs.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rise to Power got funded with 28.8k AUD pledged. In the end they added a last-minute SG of score keeper cards, which was unlocked. I don't really care for that, but others might.

Now I've only got March of the Ants left on my backed list (which is at 40k with a bit over a week left), then I'm hopefully taking a break from backing Kickstarters for a while.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Rise to Power got funded with 28.8k AUD pledged. In the end they added a last-minute SG of score keeper cards, which was unlocked. I don't really care for that, but others might.

Now I've only got March of the Ants left on my backed list (which is at 40k with a bit over a week left), then I'm hopefully taking a break from backing Kickstarters for a while.

Have you looked here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1923120194/evolution-0

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Games & Gears battleboard project has been delayed because the area where their contracted factories are located in Shenzhen, China suffered from large floods a few weeks ago. A significant portion of the custom cardboard boxes at the cardboard box factory were destroyed, while flooding in the factory doing the painting damaged some of the drying boards forcing them to be repainted, while others were outright destroyed when part of the building collapsed.

Just an example of things that can go wrong despite the best planning - the weather tends to be out of everyone's control.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I got my Far Away Land PDFs and holy poo poo does the dude need to learn about PDF optimization or compression or something because it's like 320+ mb for a few books and a few pictures. The "Tome of Awesome" - basically the "all the books" book - is over 100mb on its own.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So Wield has two days left; has anyone backed this and seen how the game looks? I'm interested but still kinda leery.

Karma to Burn
Dec 21, 2012
Anybody else seen Fantaji?

I got to play a previous iteration of the system at a con last year and I liked it; Build a dicepool by working aspects into descriptions; sort of like a Marvel Heroic without the points economy. Rewards structure's a tad complex, but I like extras and physical doodads. The creators are cool dudes and I really dig their previous work, so I'm in. It's funded too, so it's a stretch goal run for the last 2 weeks.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Backed another bicycle art deck. This time, dinosaurs :3:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noreply/royal-dinosaur-playing-cards?ref=discovery

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

So Wield has two days left; has anyone backed this and seen how the game looks? I'm interested but still kinda leery.

It's a really interesting game, that's all I can really say. Don't back it unless you have a real life group who'd be into it though, the combat is entirely based on holding up fingers and pointing and all.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Galaxy Defenders 2nd Kickstarter is up for the next two expansions. It funded within minutes, and has a pledge level for the core set too if people are interested in getting it all at once.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defenders-the-earth-strikes-back-boardgame

I got in with the Early Bird Moon Pledge, so I'm pretty happy.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I got the Early Bird Moon pledge too. I didn't get the Galaxy pledge even though I need a Core Set. I can get the Core set and Elite Army from CSI for the same price and it would be quicker. Also, I don't know if I want the Elite Army just yet.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'm glad you posted that because I managed to snag the early bird Galaxy before I left for work and that's already gone now. (Early bird 2 is at least not much more.) It's a little cheaper than Amazon has it - didn't check CSI at the time but, meh. I don't need it fast and I like getting a big box of ALL THE STUFF. And I'd have to buy something else to get free shipping on CSI, too.

I'm not convinced Galaxy will be worth bothering with once the early bird tiers are sold out, though.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

malkav11 posted:

I'm not convinced Galaxy will be worth bothering with once the early bird tiers are sold out, though.

Agreed. The difference between Early Bird and the normal price is way too big. It's just going to turn people off from pledging.

I also suspect the Moon pledge isn't worth $80 more than the Earth pledge + a la carte interesting addons, but I guess we'll wait and see.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is this actually a good game or are people just getting it for the cheapish stuff?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Is this actually a good game or are people just getting it for the cheapish stuff?

I'm hearing pretty good things about the base game. No way to know if the expansion stuff is good, of course.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

I haven't played the game, but I've watched several playthrough videos and it looked good to me. I don't know how the game fares gets over an entire campaign as far as repetitive play, balance, length of sessions, etc.

I pledged the expansion with the hope that I will like the base game and because it seemed cheap/resellable.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

GrandpaPants posted:

A friend and I have played about halfway through the base campaign and are enjoying it a lot. We're actually disappointed when we end up skipping missions based on how well we did in the previous one.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

GrandpaPants posted:

I posted about it in the general boardgames thread, but it is a legit good game minus a couple problem issues that me and my group fixed with some small house rules. It's also looking like the expansion stuff may help out a little for the core game to make it a little easier on humans (NPC's for example) which is why I house ruled some stuff to begin with.

A really big plus as well is that the mini's for it were super well done. I got Zombicide and was a little disappointed with how flimsy they were while GD they are solid. (Note I'm not huge into miniatures but I find that the quality of the components was a plus)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hmm. I may have to push someone towards a pledge, but those differences between Early Bird and not-Early Bird, which is usually like $5-10, are pretty offputting, as someone noted earlier.

In other Kickstarters, Pocket Odyssey is in its last 48 hours. I haven't pledged yet because I keep waffling on whether this is actually going to be good. For some reason, I'm getting major "style over substance" vibes from it that I got from Boss Monster and I totally regret that one. Anyone have thoughts?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

In other Kickstarters, Pocket Odyssey is in its last 48 hours. I haven't pledged yet because I keep waffling on whether this is actually going to be good. For some reason, I'm getting major "style over substance" vibes from it that I got from Boss Monster and I totally regret that one. Anyone have thoughts?

I've been feeling about the same about it. Personally I'd love a complete card-based RPG that would fit in a small box like that (I'm a sucker for compact design), but there's just so many things that seem like bad design choices. One of the biggest ones is that it seems like everyone needs to have their own set to make characters since there are only six background cards, but then you get a bunch of stuff only the GM needs.

Really, it feels like they spent too much time making stuff for the GM and not enough for the players.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Seiji Kanai, of Love Letter fame, has a game on Kickstarter called Gods' Gambit. $35 is a bit pricy for what amounts to 100 cards, but I pledged for the early bird so I have the option of dropping out later if I wanted to.

It kinda sounds like Uno, now that I actually read a description of it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

GrandpaPants posted:

Seiji Kanai, of Love Letter fame, has a game on Kickstarter called Gods' Gambit. $35 is a bit pricy for what amounts to 100 cards, but I pledged for the early bird so I have the option of dropping out later if I wanted to.

It kinda sounds like Uno, now that I actually read a description of it.

Yeah, that sounds like Uno with a few "Force the target player to draw up 2 cards" style cards added in. I'm not loving the art either...pass.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yeah, that sounds like Uno with a few "Force the target player to draw up 2 cards" style cards added in. I'm not loving the art either...pass.

It's a more complex Uno with points. If it was more complex like Hearts/Spades which the points system seems to lean towards, it might be a little more interesting and would sit nicely next to Tichu. As it looks now though it's pretty much not worth it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
My copy of Galactic Strike Force arrived today. Looking forward to seeing how it plays, but the components seem pretty solid. I did not opt for the minis so I can't comment on those. In the box, you get thick cardboard ship tokens that you slide into pretty rugged plastic stands, which suit me just fine for a lot less money. The stretch goals got rolled into an expansion box which arrived as part of the package, and it actually fits entirely inside the main box, punched out tokens and standees and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

malkav11 posted:

My copy of Galactic Strike Force arrived today. Looking forward to seeing how it plays, but the components seem pretty solid. I did not opt for the minis so I can't comment on those. In the box, you get thick cardboard ship tokens that you slide into pretty rugged plastic stands, which suit me just fine for a lot less money. The stretch goals got rolled into an expansion box which arrived as part of the package, and it actually fits entirely inside the main box, punched out tokens and standees and all.

I did opt for the mini's so I can chime in when the game comes, but it hasn't even been sent to me yet. Greater Than Games is seemingly sending stuff domestic, then international as about 3 people have chimed in on the KS comments that us Canadians haven't gotten any kind of notification. I was part of Galaxy Defenders kickstarter and they did Canada and other International first, then domestic, as it made up for the amount of time that game would take in customs and then we would get it the same time as some Americans.

I've liked Sentinels, and I'll see how GSF is, but I haven't been to happy with GTG as far as their KS's go. They have very little communication and run things incredibly odd.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 30, 2014

• Locked thread