Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So it's gonna be down to the Eagles and Giants again? Sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jerry Jones should just spare us the next 8 months and put Cowboys fans out of their misery already by giving Jason Garrett the vote of confidence for 2015.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

That's a terrible blow for the Cowboys defense. Tony Romo better throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game.

He will, and they'll lose anyway, and he'll be the scapegoat

Doltos posted:

Texans are pretty much guaranteeing themselves a shot at Winston/Hogan(I'll probably regret including him on this list)/Mariota/Petty/Hundley. I don't blame them since they're going to have massive turnover between Foster and Andre Johnson next year.

As much as I hate to say it about AJ, I agree and don't feel like either of them will be on the team in 2015 :smith:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Oh hey awesome, I get to break out the offseason bourbon even earlier than usual this year!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I must have missed when the Giants were in it last year

the good news about this is that I can stop worrying about the team before the season even starts this year, week 16 collapse or not

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

@RapSheet 1m

#Chiefs star OLB Justin Houston skipped OTAs today. I’m told he wants a new contract. He has a year left on his rookie deal at $1.4M.

Its gunna be great when Alex Smith gets all of Houston's money.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DupaDupa posted:

Its gunna be great when Alex Smith gets all of Houston's money.

The Dee Ford pick seems a lot more ominous now for some reason.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This never would have happened if Tony Romo was a better leader on the field and in the locker room.

In Bears news, on nickel packages they plan to move Tim Jennings down to nickel CB and put Kyle Fuller outside.

Also, Shea McClellin took over 2nd team defense playcalling and has been playing both SLB and MLB

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Losing Houston would be nightmarish. Pay this man, you have to next year anyway.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I don't even care about the Lee injury. It is irrelevant. 8-8 was foretold and 8-8 shall occur. The inevitable cannot be altered.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I don't know, I think they've got some real potential to get over the hump and go 7-9 this year!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Edit stupid phone posting.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 27, 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

I'd take that over Garrett

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Hard to tell if thats a video game screenshot or real life

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

I must have missed when the Giants were in it last year

the good news about this is that I can stop worrying about the team before the season even starts this year, week 16 collapse or not

I meant they're the two true leaders of the division and that the pretender Cowboys have once again vanquished themselves, not so much referencing last year.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Update: still have not run into johnny Manziel at any Cleveland bars

Any updates, Dogg?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I meant they're the two true leaders of the division and that the pretender Cowboys have once again vanquished themselves, not so much referencing last year.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Dexo posted:

Sean Lee is this generations Bob Sanders.

Sean Lee is football's Mr. Bean

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers WR Malcom Floyd has been cleared for all football activities.

:stare:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Grittybeard posted:

meanwhile, cheap and good QB Teddy Bridgewater who was RIGHT THERE at #23 didn't even get a look because we had to maybe get a new linebacker or something, I dunno. Hm, yes, John Dorsey is a good GM.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Picking that tackle in the first was a great move by the Cowboys' front office.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Chargers WR Malcom Floyd has been cleared for all football activities.

:stare:

:ssh: don't say it so loud. His neck may hear you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

John Brown posted:

Picking that tackle in the first was a great move by the Cowboys' front office.

Their only hope of winning was going to be putting up 50 a game anyway so making sure the QB stays upright seems imperative.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I mean it sucked in the not-Manziel kinda way but otherwise yeah it was probably a great move

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh they 100% should have drafted Johnny Football because Johnny Football, but if you throw that out it was fine.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Parmesan Basil posted:

meanwhile, cheap and good QB Teddy Bridgewater who was RIGHT THERE at #23 didn't even get a look because we had to maybe get a new linebacker or something, I dunno. Hm, yes, John Dorsey is a good GM.

stop

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Big Vince's offseason training appears to be going well

http://instagram.com/p/od_f_no1w8/

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Kalli posted:

Gotta post the followup where he realizes hes being recorded by his wife.

http://instagram.com/p/oeAE0do1yC/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SlipUp posted:

Sean Lee is football's Mr. Glass

ftfy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Random notes from Seahawks' OTAs

--Percy Harvin is apparently the front-runner for punt return duties, but Pete said Earl Thomas would do that "if the season started today." Read into that what you will, but it sounded more like a joke to me.

--Malcolm Smith had minor ankle surgery to remove "loose bodies." He should be fine for camp.

-- :siren: Best Shape Of His Life alert: :siren: James Carpenter dropped 15 pounds.

--TJax was attending to a family matter and Keith Price has a groin issue, so Terrelle Pryor saw time with the second team.

--Tharold Simon has been cleared to run and should be ready by next week. Jesse Williams was out with a laceration.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

:ssh: don't say it so loud. His neck may hear you.

I just watched the hit again and now I'm gonna go cry

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

It's also worth noting that Johnny Football was a pick ahead of us too, so to see that we failed to get either after sitting in the prime seat for it is pretty damning for Dorsey. Sorry but it's true. I'd rather have Hali, Houston, and a new QB rather than Smith for 19 mill and Dee Ford

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, its really weird to see quotes from Jared Allen in Bears OTA articles

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

Random notes from Seahawks' OTAs

--Percy Harvin is apparently the front-runner for punt return duties, but Pete said Earl Thomas would do that "if the season started today." Read into that what you will, but it sounded more like a joke to me.

--Malcolm Smith had minor ankle surgery to remove "loose bodies." He should be fine for camp.

-- :siren: Best Shape Of His Life alert: :siren: James Carpenter dropped 15 pounds.

--TJax was attending to a family matter and Keith Price has a groin issue, so Terrelle Pryor saw time with the second team.

--Tharold Simon has been cleared to run and should be ready by next week. Jesse Williams was out with a laceration.

The gently caress kind of laceration could Williams get that put him out of OTAs? Dude needs this time to get worked into the Dline rotation, I really want him to be good.

edit: people voted for this guy to be in the douche of the year contest: http://instagram.com/p/ohOz31s7EF/ How rude.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 28, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Y'all want an OTA/Camp thread or we just posting all of that here?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Kalli posted:

I came here to post this. Vince Wilfork is my favorite NFL player. He seems like the nicest dude ever (and by all accounts he is)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lessail posted:

Man that playoff game Alex Smith had against the Colts was wonderful to behold until the Luck comeback happened

We had some great playoff games this year.

Outside the lines is espn's best program, and is on during my lunch break.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

zimbomonkey posted:

Aren't these supposed to be no-contact drills? I feel like the NFLPA may be paying the Cowboys a visit soon...

Yep.

"7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are permitted for the first time in the offseason, but no live contact or 1-on-1 between offensive/defensive linemen or receivers/defensive backs."

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Ehud posted:

Y'all want an OTA/Camp thread or we just posting all of that here?

I done did this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638110

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JasonLaCanfora now
Cowboys will get official word on LB Sean Lee's knee on Wed but everything continues to point to a torn ACL. Devastating

• Locked thread