Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I hope I don't regret this grocery store sushi I'm eating fot lunch.

This is always a good idea. always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Are you referring to our friends at the social security administration?

Still waiting on my money they took from my tax return for something about my dads ssi from over 30 years ago.

Long story short, I paid over $4,000 for an immediate family members' lawyer. Said family member decides to cuss out the lawyer for "not working fast enough", even though they were on the final steps of what they were hired for. So the lawyer drops the person as a client. Basically the partial refund somehow found its' way to him instead of me (thanks to a bunch of other family interference), and I get a Facebook message basically saying "I spent it all, you're not getting anything back or any payments. PS I hate you and you're not my family anymore".

:sigh:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Devyl posted:

Long story short, I paid over $4,000 for an immediate family members' lawyer. Said family member decides to cuss out the lawyer for "not working fast enough", even though they were on the final steps of what they were hired for. So the lawyer drops the person as a client. Basically the partial refund somehow found its' way to him instead of me (thanks to a bunch of other family interference), and I get a Facebook message basically saying "I spent it all, you're not getting anything back or any payments. PS I hate you and you're not my family anymore".

:sigh:

Screenshot and small claims court. gently caress me? No, gently caress you.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Not a big fan of fish so the only sushi I'll eat are variations of the spicy tuna roll. It was pretty good but kind of expensive. I just gotta stop eating pizza and burgers for lunch everyday.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Not a big fan of fish so the only sushi I'll eat are variations of the spicy tuna roll. It was pretty good but kind of expensive. I just gotta stop eating pizza and burgers for lunch everyday.

Wow, you're an Objectively Terrible Person, or you've not had good sushi. Where have you had sushi before?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Find a decent deli and get some vegetables on your sandwich, even eat a salad once in a while perhaps???

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

meatpimp posted:

Screenshot and small claims court. gently caress me? No, gently caress you.

Yup. Already on top of it. Just have to make the 8 hour drive to file in their respective county/state.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Snowdens Secret posted:

Find a decent deli and get some vegetables on your sandwich, even eat a salad once in a while perhaps???

Salads are actually really good. I love me a nice caesar salad.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Devyl posted:

Yup. Already on top of it. Just have to make the 8 hour drive to file in their respective county/state.

I'm sure it has been said many times, but never hurts to reiterate: Never lend out money with the expectation that you'll get it back. It just won't happen. And if you do, always get it in writing.

Sucks man, hope it all works out in the end.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just don't like seafood in general. Even looking at those giant water spiders like crabs and lobsters makes me queasy.

Also, I should just start bringing my own lunch. In fact I'll stop by Stop n Shop on my way home and grab some sodium free turkey slices, pears and nectarines like I used to always eat for lunch at work. My journeyman likes to eat out for lunch and I love lovely food so it's easy to fall into that trap.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got my beetle to pass emissions. Just loving barely, and I have a feeling he was revving it a tiny bit during the idle test, but I'm good for two years, bitches!

http://i.imgur.com/669XXATl.jpg

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

ssjonizuka posted:

I'm sure it has been said many times, but never hurts to reiterate: Never lend out money with the expectation that you'll get it back. It just won't happen. And if you do, always get it in writing.

Sucks man, hope it all works out in the end.

Yep, basically this.

I don't lend money to friends anymore unless it's so they can eat and get to job interviews, and even then, rarely. Depending on how much they need and how annoying they are, I may or may not lend money to people I'd rather never hear from again, however. The more annoying, the more I'll lend...

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone heard of a Fiesta S being ordered with the Ecoboost 1.0? It's listed as an option code as opposed to an engine choice..

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Fuckin' hell. I gotta get my car emissions tested, and the office is only open from 8 to 4:30 on weekdays - I work a full time job, mind you - and from 8 to 1 on Saturdays. And it's probably gonna be busy as poo poo on Saturdays.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Everyone hates getting up early on the weekend. If it's like every other business it'll be fairly quick to get in and out at 8 am. At least that's been my experience with the dmv and county clerks office.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I suffer from the same issue a lot of the time - I'm very lucky to get early finishes on Fridays to let me sort out stuff like that, and work is cool with me having all my poo poo delivered there. It amazes me that there aren't services which do things like deliveries only outside normal working hours. Paying people for a shift that runs, say, 5pm-10pm has no reason to cost a great deal more than paying them to work 7am-noon if you don't have it as an additional shift on top of a "normal" day one.

I'm sure if someone did a deal with, say, Amazon and/or other big mail-order entities, people would be more than happy to pay a fraction more for a courier delivery to be guaranteed to be between when they get home from work and when they go to bed.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Great Beer posted:

Everyone hates getting up early on the weekend. If it's like every other business it'll be fairly quick to get in and out at 8 am. At least that's been my experience with the dmv and county clerks office.

Eh, that's kinda true with the local DMV. At least, it's the difference between a 30 minute wait and a 3 hour wait.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Eh, that's kinda true with the local DMV. At least, it's the difference between a 30 minute wait and a 3 hour wait.

Do you have to get the emissions test done by the end of the month? End of the month usually seems to be the most insane time, so if you can I would say wait a week or 2 then show up close to 8am on a saturday.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Fucknag posted:

god drat promiscuous whores having the sex with loving assholes who treat them like poo poo instead of me dammit i told a girl her panties looked lovely and she just sprayed me with loving pepepr spray

"oh waaahhhh we're so oppressed guys rape and kill us for dressing wrong" listen you slut bitch i got an hardon from you flaunting your body at me do you have ANY IDEA how humiliating that is?

support #mensrights #mra #notallmen #whoresluts

You can take offense to your sex being generalized without being the typical goon/redditor.

atomicthumbs posted:

You're mad about misandry, you say? :allears:

Yes. I'm a strong advocate and supporter of equal rights and treatment for women, and I act on those beliefs in my daily life and through established political mechanisms. When Jezebel fans start screeching about all men being rapists and it floods my social media feed, it pisses me off. When the latest internet feminist campaign says men shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against generalizations in feminist debate, it pushes me off the edge. Its just as bad as what some men do to women. Just because I was born with a penis doesn't make me a chauvinist.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

ssjonizuka posted:

Pretty much. I've lent out probably well over $600 to people, never seen a cent back. Whatever, most of that money was for emergencies or to keep a roof over their head. I consider it part of my karma, since I'm usually such a misanthrope.

My best friend and I on the other hand have kind of a barter system, we've probably traded/swapped/paid each other the equivalent of a couple grand over the years.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ozmiander posted:

Has anyone heard of a Fiesta S being ordered with the Ecoboost 1.0? It's listed as an option code as opposed to an engine choice..

AFAIK it's the only way to get it.

blk posted:

You can take offense to your sex being generalized without being the typical goon/redditor.

Yes. I'm a strong advocate and supporter of equal rights and treatment for women, and I act on those beliefs in my daily life and through established political mechanisms. When Jezebel fans start screeching about all men being rapists and it floods my social media feed, it pisses me off. When the latest internet feminist campaign says men shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against generalizations in feminist debate, it pushes me off the edge. Its just as bad as what some men do to women. Just because I was born with a penis doesn't make me a chauvinist.

Don't be a shithead.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

blk posted:

I really doubt a website as mainstream as Jezebel is calling all men rapists, you shouldn't conflate that with the really marginal writing you see on tumblr, also holy poo poo lol you're calling being mischaracterized as a chauvinist the equivalent of literally being raped, do you realize how bad that sounds? :stare:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blk posted:

how many fedorae reside within your wardrobe?

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

I really hate it when all of those feminists make generalizations about men.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ohgodwhat posted:

I really hate it when all of those feminists make generalizations about men.

Wow, go back to D&D you loving SJW.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Phone posted:

AFAIK it's the only way to get it.

Except it's only listed as an option on the SE.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Edit: nevermind

ohgodwhat fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 28, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ozmiander posted:

Except it's only listed as an option on the SE.

Is it auto only with the SE trim though? I thought I saw something about how 3% of the Fiestas were special ordered with an Ecoboost and 5 speed.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Thread implosion in 3...2...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I ROLL MY TOILET PAPER UNDER NOT OVER

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh geeez, someone make a topic change

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

We need more SiF boofy cat to save this thread.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

LOVE ME

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

You're a jerk and should punch yourself in the face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

But what would happen to the CATTE?

Edit: I SAW THAT BEFORE YOU EDITED IT.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Agreed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

But what would happen to the CATTE?

The CATTE yawned as it drew out it's claws

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

BURN THE HERETIC! PURGE THE FALSE ONE!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Edit: double post.

blk fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Fucknag posted:

how many fedorae reside within your wardrobe?

Zero, happily married to a self-identified feminist and friends with many others.

rscott posted:

I really doubt a website as mainstream as Jezebel is calling all men rapists, you shouldn't conflate that with the really marginal writing you see on tumblr, also holy poo poo lol you're calling being mischaracterized as a chauvinist the equivalent of literally being raped, do you realize how bad that sounds? :stare:

I didn't say that.

Phone posted:

Don't be a shithead.

You too, buddy.

OK, let's change the topic since this is going nowhere.

• Locked thread