Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

see this is why white people are awful, god we suck

Good thing I'm brown.

still every loving stereotype is applicable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

This is your posting in this discussion: (Edit: everyone who is still replying to this, though I guess this apparently looks more like CSB than rscott.)

I'm more into hot sauces than spices, I guess. I have a lot of both. Two full shelves.

What's your favorite Hot Sauce, AI?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Krakkles posted:

This is your posting in this discussion: (Edit: everyone who is still replying to this, though I guess this apparently looks more like CSB than rscott.)

I'm more into hot sauces than spices, I guess. I have a lot of both. Two full shelves.

Asian style (and which Asian country)? Mexican? American? Taste or just heat?

lovely question, next topic.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Asian style (and which Asian country)? Mexican? American? Taste or just heat?

lovely question, next topic.
I'm all about taste, not heat. I can stand heat, but I will always pick taste over heat.

Name one for each country.

Was that a pun?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
DANZIG WAS A HACK

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Tabasco probably, since I put it on everything.

I know it's not a cool answer but it is what it is.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Man I don't know about you guys but drinking whiskey on the rocks is a cardinal sin. Neat or nothing.

Powershift posted:

I passed some sort of car cruise and i have no idea what the gently caress. It was about 30% rattle canned imports, 30% lifted/lowered trucks, 30% harleys, and 10% muscle cars.

Alberta.txt

E: Could you imagine how ridiculous these last few pages would have been if Viggen wasn't in kitty jail?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

leica posted:

Tabasco probably, since I put it on everything.

I know it's not a cool answer but it is what it is.
Tastes and preferences and all that. Nothing wrong with Tabasco.

I use it pretty ubiquitously due to the fact that you can get it anywhere, but I think the green has a better taste than the red for a lot of dishes.

I'm big into vinegary sauces, though, so that may account for me liking this crap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

Man I don't know about you guys but drinking whiskey on the rocks is a cardinal sin. Neat or nothing.

All I use is a tall shot glass, ain't gonna fit any ice in there :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MrChips posted:

Alcohol. PFFFT. Who in AI drinks that poo poo? AVGAS for me or not at all. Mobil 1? Sex lube. Tyre particles? FOOD SPICE! Roadkill? DINNER!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I love Sriracha and use it on everything.

I have literally no taste buds left

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Some whiskies require a bit of water to open up, depending on how they're made.

How many of you that live in two-plate states keep your front ones off anyways? I took mine off the other day when waxing my car and am thinking of leaving it off, although it only looks a little bit better and might not be worth the hassling I'd get from the cops.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I have a couple dozen hot sauces because I love the flavor but also because I'm a masochist. One of my favorites out of all of them is Melinda's Naga Jalokia sauce. It's hotter than the devil's rear end in a top hat but it has a really good flavor as well (no, really, it does).

Even my ketchup is fortified with habanero.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Krakkles posted:

I'm all about taste, not heat. I can stand heat, but I will always pick taste over heat.

Name one for each country.

Was that a pun?

Not so much a sauce, but gojuchang is my favorite of all Asian spicy sauces. Cholula original for Mexican style, Tapatio close second. Cock sauce (sriracha) for American hot sauce.

And unintended, but I'll take it.

Vinegar sauce is disgusting, btw.

Edit: I also love hot food, and use chili sauces like most people use ketchup. I will also eat chili's as a snack.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cat Terrist posted:

Alcohol. PFFFT. Who in AI drinks that poo poo? AVGAS for me or not at all. Mobil 1? Sex lube. Tyre particles? FOOD SPICE! Roadkill? DINNER!

austrailians.txt.

I'm in a 2 plate state with no front. Never have been bugged about it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

blk posted:

Some whiskies require a bit of water to open up, depending on how they're made.

How many of you that live in two-plate states keep your front ones off anyways? I took mine off the other day when waxing my car and am thinking of leaving it off, although it only looks a little bit better and might not be worth the hassling I'd get from the cops.

I keep mine on because my cars are haggard looking and the cops look for reasons to pull me over.

If you're going to drive during typical DUI hours, you're going to speak with a lot of police officers about it. I got pulled over 3 times in 15 miles once because I had one license plate light out. Fortunately, I never drive drunk, so I was on my way in a matter of minutes each time.

Carry it with you if you're going to do this... I recommend carrying zipties or the screws (and appropriate screwdriver) for installing it as well. Else you may get a fixit ticket, better to just politely offer to put it back on because you took it off while waxing the car a few days ago and completely forgot to put it back on.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Kastein pretty much nailed my method. It's under the backseat with a couple zip ties, I've only been hassled about it once, and he was looking for a reason.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My truck sat basically all winter(600 miles in 8 months), i fired it up and went for a drive to charge the battery up a bit, and suddenly it's doing this.

Like it's trying to coax me into driving it more.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Anyone who dislikes fish and/or cheese should scroll right past this. Just dug up the recipe for that fish/cheese/rice recipe I mentioned... been a few years since I made it, since my house is a fixer-upper disaster that leaves me microwaving or grilling everything.

1.5lbs fish fillets, about 3/4" thick (halibut, ling cod, red snapper, sea bass, rock cod, ocean perch are recommended, I've also used catfish)
3Tbsp butter
3Tbsp flour
1tsp salt
1/2tsp dry mustard
1/4tsp dried dill weed
dash cayenne pepper
paprika to taste
1.5 cups half-and-half
1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I usually go full retard on this and use 2-3 cups)
1/4-3/4lb small cooked shelled shrimp (I usually put an assload in...)

Preheat oven to 400.

Cut fish into serving sized pieces, grease baking dish, lay them out in it.
Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook till bubbly. Add salt, dry mustard, dill, cayenne, paprika.
Put a pot of water on to boil around this point, toss a little salt in it to taste. Use twice as much water as you are going to cook rice by volume.
Remove from heat, gradually stir in half and half.
Put back on the burner and cook, stirring constantly, till it thickens up. Mix in 1 cup of cheese, stir till it melts too. Mix in the shrimp (you can also use canned mussels.)
Pour the sauce over the fish, sprinkle remaining cheese over it.
Measure out twice as much water by volume as you're going to cook, add some salt. Add rice, bring to a boil.
As soon as it starts boiling, reduce heat, put the cover on, let it simmer around 20 minutes...
Bake at 400 for ~20min until the fish flakes apart easily and the top of the cheese is browned.
When the rice has little air holes in the top surface make sure there's no water left in the bottom to tip out when you tip the pot. If there is, let it keep simmering till there isn't.

Combine the two. Hope you like cheese, goes pretty well with steamed green beans or broccoli.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Welp, I know what I'm making for dinner this weekend. That sounds amazing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

I passed some sort of car cruise and i have no idea what the gently caress. It was about 30% rattle canned imports, 30% lifted/lowered trucks, 30% harleys, and 10% muscle cars.

I'm wondering if there was some sort of PT meet in Calgary because I saw a couple dozen over the last hour, and most of them had the typical ridiculous PT bodywork and wide-whites.
What kind of eye protection do I need if I'm playing with CD lasers? I scored a CD player that's older than me for pocket change and despite passing sound check with flying colours it's making some odd noises while playing and a standard lube job didn't help, so I'm going to have to fire it up with all the guts out and my face right in the daynjah zone.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I keep my front plate on because whoever drilled the holes wasn't very careful and they stand out like a sore thumb against the silver bumper. Plus the cops in my neighborhood seem to love pulling people over for small infractions like that, so it's just not worth the trouble.

As for alcohol chat, at least two relatives on my mom's side of the family suffered from alcohol-induced psychosis towards the end of their lives and my dad is an alcoholic. Combine that with a really bad party I attended in college involving something called Zwack that I drove home from when I had no business driving, I barely drink these days.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ahahahahahahah

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Galler posted:

Soooo anyway, a couple months ago or so I remember someone mentioning that they had gone to get their car inspected and the tech plugged something into their cigarette outlet for testing purposes and the poster wanted to know what the gently caress. I don't remember anyone providing an answer but I might have just missed it.

This is probably the answer. Short version is measuring inductance to determine when a spark plug fires and based on how often that happens (and probably some settings for number of cylinders and plugs) RPM can be determined.

Oh cool, that was me. I saw it being used in a preOBD2 car. I have a 94 to test sometime this week so I can see it first hand.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Or you could do this, not die of coronary artery disease AND IMPRESS A GIRL/GUY ENOUGH TO GET ORAL SEX:

Also because you aren't going full retard with cheese, save money for gas/Jeep parts

1 sprig basil
1/2lb. tomatoes (such as beefsteak or cherry), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh sweet (or frozen, thawed) cherries, pitted
1/4 cup fresh sour cherries, pitted, or sour cherries in light syrup from a jar, drained
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. finely chopped shallot
1/2 tsp. (or more) sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt plus more
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 6-oz. halibut fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for drizzling

Combine basil, tomatoes, sweet and sour cherries, vinegar, shallot, sugar, and 1/8 tsp. salt in a large bowl; cover and let sit at room temperature 1–2 hours.
Remove basil sprig. Purée tomato mixture in a blender until smooth; strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, whisk in oil, and season with salt.

Season halibut with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook halibut until golden brown and just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
Serve halibut with tomato-cherry vinaigrette, drizzled with oil.

This pairs nicely with white wine, a lager or wheat beer.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 28, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
No butter no curr.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I'm not big into fish but I do love grilled salmon and will eat pretty much any kind of sushi. I'd love to try more fish dishes, but that poo poo's expensive.

For hot sauce, I love cholula, especially on all my childhood dishes when I used to not eat anything spicy.

Rooster sauce is amazing in pho, and this Mediterranean place in town has their own supposedly imported sauce that is amazing. I wish I could find out what it is.
It has a consistency like siracha but it is chunky and has pepper flakes. It's so good on all their dishes.

For salsas, I prefer green ones even though they mess with my stomach.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
If you guys like cheese and dill on your fish you should give this a shot, it's one of my go-tos:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/shrimp-saganaki

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Spend your afternoon catching a few nice brookies - beer optional but recommended. (I like High Life on a hot day.) Gut, head on or off -know your audience.

Prepare side dishes. Pre prepared foil wrapped sliced potatoes and onions are easy for campfire preparation. Same approach for veggies.

Salt and pepper fish to taste. Flour and/or cornmeal optional. Pan fry in butter.

Prepared at home or by campfire, this is my favorite fish dish.

Thelonious fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 28, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Krakkles posted:

Trader Joe's Habanero Chili Sauce, followed by Melinda's XXXtra Hot Habanero, Burn Baby Burn habanero sauce, and El Yucateco Xtra Hot Habanero.

Dave's Insanity Sauce is decent in the heat department but the taste is eh.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 28, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

atomicthumbs posted:

Dave's Insanity Sauce is decent in the heat department but the taste is eh.

The first time I tried Dave's (Total Insanity, I think), I thought you used it like.. well.. salsa. Probably a tablespoon went into each taco.

I made it halfway into the second taco before I realized what a mistake that was. :supaburn:

Trader Joe's Habanero is good. Cholula is decent if you just need to spice up the flavor a bit without adding any real heat.

Anything with a lot of vinegar (Tabasco, etc) can gently caress right off.

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: I also love hot food, and use chili sauces like most people use ketchup. I will also eat chili's as a snack.

I'll eat roasted anaheims, Hatch, poblanos, and jalapenos as a snack.

When I worked at Whole Foods, they had an annual Hatch chile festival. One year I was working in the kitchen - peeling roasted Hatch peppers that day. Several of the cooks dared me to eat one, without drinking any water.

I ate 5 before they told me "okay okay stop, we need the rest of them." I guess they didn't know that those are my favorite peppers, or that I've spent my entire life eating spicy food. v:v:v

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 28, 2014

Rawrl
Mar 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

I don't care what anyone says, Louisiana Hot Sauce is the poo poo on fried potatoes. :colbert:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

some texas redneck posted:

Anything with a lot of vinegar (Tabasco, etc) can gently caress right off.

iwentdoodie posted:

My thoughts exactly. gently caress Tabasco.

Also annoyed by how most places, when you ask for Jalapenos, have vinegar-pickled Jalapenos, not fresh ones. The vinegar interferes with the flavour of the chile, I want to taste the chile, not the stuff it's been soaking in.

I have discovered that, while I really like spicy food, I actually don't like spicy food that isn't balanced out with a certain minimum amount of fattiness (from cheese, cooking oil, sour cream, guacamole, meat, etc). For the longest time I couldn't place why I didn't like most spicy asian foods or spicy seafood dishes, despite otherwise loving spicy foods, seafood, and asian foods on their own, and I came to the realization that I don't care for overly spicy food when it's lean on fatty ingredients, as most seafood dishes or Thai food tends to be (and a lot of Korean, as well; I really don't like Korean-style spicy ramen). For me, if it's a lean dish with a lot of spice, all I can pick up with my taste buds is the heat, and it makes the rest of the dish taste kinda bland to me.

But on a dish with a decent amount of fat to balance the flavour out (i.e. most southwestern-American, Mexican and Italian dishes where you tend to have a lot of cheese, cream, oils, lard, and fatty meat), I want it spicy enough to bring tears to my eyes and make my nose run. Fat reduces/intereferes with the heat from chiles and spices, so having it there to balance the heat lets me taste more of the dish and makes them taste richer and more full to me. Funny how taste buds work.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

blk posted:

If you guys like cheese and dill on your fish you should give this a shot, it's one of my go-tos:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/shrimp-saganaki

Goddamn, that sounds tasty. Totally cooking this tonight.

As for hot sauces, I like sriracha, but I prefer chili pastes like sambal oelek or ChuChum, which is a Danish chili paste that's like an even better version of the stuff you get at good shawarma/kebab joints.

A döner kebab slathered in habanero ChuChum is the food of drunk gods.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Krakkles posted:

Frank's Gold. Cut it with butter and a little splash of apple cider vinegar, makes the best wings.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This thread doesn't have enough cattes.

Especially senior cattes, like mine.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The only worse topic than feminism would be stupid loving cats. Except may be male privilege. Or white privilege. Or white male privilege. poo poo. I am around too many academics, but if you really want to piss one of them off, say that any of those three things isn't the biggest problem in our society, and then watch the fire rain down.

The self-regulating of AI is impressive, though. I woke up to 91 messages, thought something big happened and... nope, just a small fire that got fed and stomped out a couple times. AI D&Ds better than D&D.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The best "found in any supermarket" sauces are Cholula and Chipotle Cholula. There is no arguing this.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Cholula is excellent, yeah.

Frank's Chile & Lime Redhot is my go-to sauce for almost anything chicken. Nobody sells it near me so I have to order it from amazon though :(

e; here, have an older picture of my collection, it's grown a bit since this was taken.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone ever tried Mad Dog 357? A friend gave a little bit to me as a joke once. I thought my face was melting.

• Locked thread