Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003
All this talk of gears and cogs - no steampunk douche suit is complete without 50 or so leather belts.

KittyLitter has a new favorite as of 01:25 on May 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mrbeam/mr-beam-a-portable-laser-cutter-and-engraver-kit

These folks are aiming to make laser engravers more affordable to not-so-wealthy hobbyists. Which sounds awesome until you see that they've omitted such frivolous luxuries as "safety features".

Meanwhile, an Australian team is offering a similar gadget for roughly the same price, except theirs has a shield around the laser beam, as well as a way more powerful laser and a sturdier looking frame:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1537608281/lazerblade-the-affordable-laser-cutter-engraver

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
A old man desperate for relevance wants to bring back a game show that aired on Comedy Central between 2001 and 2002 and got rerun on G4.

Ubergeek posted:

Help us bring back the definitive game show for geeks so we can show today's nerds how it's actually done.

Let’s face it. The world contains exactly two types of people - the dummies and the smarties. Watch a random movie trailer or click over to any given TV channel and you’ll find that there are an infinite number of projects dedicated solely to celebrating the idiocy of idiots. Whether it’s shows featuring vapid commentary on video fail compilations or multi-series franchises about wealthy drunks having pseudo-scripted screaming matches with each other, you don’t have to search far and wide for content about stupid people that appeals to a stupid audience.

:smuggo:

There's also the typical Bitcoin documentary!

shitthatdidn'thappen.txt posted:

At the Money 20/20 conference, there was a bitcoin panel where four bitcoiners were speaking, and behind me were executives and chairmans of the board of several different credit unions, and one turned to the other and said, "These guys don't know the true meaning of evil until we gently caress them."

And then there's-

:staredog: What is this

I can't tell if this is good or bad, help

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
A black cat who steals. Mad racist.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is it from the same guy who did Funeral in Space RPG or whatever it's called?

E: Space Funeral, apparently.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 10:31 on May 27, 2014

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
That last screen shot actually made me laugh. Actually the whole thing looks kind of funny even though it also looks lovely.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Voting hard for "good".

Black cat touch what he like.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Paladinus posted:

Space Funeral is the only good thing to come out of RPGmaker. If he is behind it, I would pledge right now.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Is it just me or are metal dice like this a really lovely idea? They seem like they could chip or damage other dice they'd be carried with and if someone gets overzealous with the rolling they could put a gouge in a tabletop too.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Why did I completely forget about this show until now? I'm not sure it would even work in this day and age. Not when we have shows like @Midnight

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tracula posted:

Is it just me or are metal dice like this a really lovely idea? They seem like they could chip or damage other dice they'd be carried with and if someone gets overzealous with the rolling they could put a gouge in a tabletop too.

I've carried around some gimmicky metal dice before, and didn't have an issue. You're supposed to make them out of lightweight metal to prevent them from damaging anything. They might have been hollow, too, but I don't know.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Captain Capacitor posted:

Why did I completely forget about this show until now? I'm not sure it would even work in this day and age. Not when we have shows like @Midnight

Because Comedy Central canned it after like a season and a half?

That show was pretty entertaining, though. It was like the Iron Chef of ultranerds.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FrozenVent posted:

I kind of wish Treepunk had taken off, honestly.

Ewoks.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486582757/one-mile-at-a-time-the-etihad-residences

I don't even know what to say...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At first I thought the Kickstarter was for the ridiculously 1% cabins.

Then I saw that it was actually for a guy to FLY in one of those ridiculously 1% cabins to review it.

WHO NEEDS THREE ROOMS ON A FLIGHT EVER? JUST GET A PRIVATE PLANE IF YOU'RE THAT RICH.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I've never flown first class, never seemed worth the money for a few-hours flight, but I know what to expect; the nice chair with all the controls, more/better selection with menus and drinks, part of me wouldn't be surprised if some planes basically gave you your own cubicle with a computer to do whatever. But all of those have one thing in common, a chair you're expected to be seated in and fastened during certain times and ready to fasten if an emergency happens.

I can't imagine how unsafe it must be to have rooms with stuff that isn't firmly tied down, tucked away, or fastened at all, and that's just stuff already in the room; this doesn't account for personal belongings you bring onto the plane. A plane isn't stable, it will have the occasional lurch as well as the motion from take-off and landing. You'd need an attendant with you who can double- and triple-check that everything's safe before they can land. What if you're taking a shower, even? "Ah, poo poo guys, I still need to rinse off, circle the airport a couple times while I finish up."

How could you even sleep on a bed in a plane if you're not absolutely sure you're secure? This poo poo's making me nervous just thinking about it. Seriously, how much is it to just have a jet to yourself for a flight? Surely that's easier and safer.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

tlarn posted:

I've never flown first class, never seemed worth the money for a few-hours flight, but I know what to expect; the nice chair with all the controls, more/better selection with menus and drinks, part of me wouldn't be surprised if some planes basically gave you your own cubicle with a computer to do whatever. But all of those have one thing in common, a chair you're expected to be seated in and fastened during certain times and ready to fasten if an emergency happens.

I can't imagine how unsafe it must be to have rooms with stuff that isn't firmly tied down, tucked away, or fastened at all, and that's just stuff already in the room; this doesn't account for personal belongings you bring onto the plane. A plane isn't stable, it will have the occasional lurch as well as the motion from take-off and landing. You'd need an attendant with you who can double- and triple-check that everything's safe before they can land. What if you're taking a shower, even? "Ah, poo poo guys, I still need to rinse off, circle the airport a couple times while I finish up."

How could you even sleep on a bed in a plane if you're not absolutely sure you're secure? This poo poo's making me nervous just thinking about it. Seriously, how much is it to just have a jet to yourself for a flight? Surely that's easier and safer.

Personally I would vastly prefer to have a bed instead of an uncomfortable chair. I understand the safety concerns, but still...

The rest of what you said is spot on, though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think it's good. Not good in a "this deserves $1250" kind of way, but good in an "I got some chuckles, but will immediately forget about it as I move on with my day" kind of way. AKA, the true purpose of Kickstarter.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

tlarn posted:

Huh, if only there were a website that explains each and every one of these questions.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Paladinus posted:

E: Space Funeral, apparently.

Nah Space Funeral is by The Catamites ( http://harmonyzone.org/ )

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

Huh, if only there were a website that explains each and every one of these questions.

I'm sure they've figured out the logistics of it all, but it still seems ridiculous for me. I mean, I'm used to decadence for the sake of decadence, but this seems a bit much for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

tlarn posted:

Ostensibly, a number of these problems also occur with luxury yachts. Make the bed sunken so you don't slide off when the plane banks/ship rocks. Bags still need to be stowed away, but it's not as though they can't be stored in a way that's a hassle to access.

There are obviously FAA rules on how steep an angle things need to be tested up to and it's likely not more than a 75 degree bank so there's that too. A shower is completely bollocks though unless you're up in the air for a trans-oceanic/continental flight and then you get hand rails and rubber pads on the shower floor.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Over $14,000 so far. gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Ostensibly, a number of these problems also occur with luxury yachts. Make the bed sunken so you don't slide off when the plane banks/ship rocks. Bags still need to be stowed away, but it's not as though they can't be stored in a way that's a hassle to access.

There are obviously FAA rules on how steep an angle things need to be tested up to and it's likely not more than a 75 degree bank so there's that too. A shower is completely bollocks though unless you're up in the air for a trans-oceanic/continental flight and then you get hand rails and rubber pads on the shower floor.

At least you wouldn't have to sneak around to join the Mile High Club.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
You all should watch this campaign video. It has ADR, fan noises, Wizards, Chakras, Jesus and ROCK BOTTOM.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Captain Capacitor posted:

You all should watch this campaign video. It has ADR, fan noises, Wizards, Chakras, Jesus and ROCK BOTTOM.

This is so ironic it hurts. It's just missing twenty seconds of her adjusting the webcam until it's focused on her forehead.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Have we discovered the female version of The Dude for 2014?

Get out of my house.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I enjoy the ending where she mumbles to herself about people telling her to get a job.

Job? I'll show you all. Kickstarter here we come.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Her other failed project from last year is pretty similar, but the crazy has progressed quickly and it shows.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Her fake mysterious manipulative tone is unbearable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And now for a good Kickstarter.

LeVar Burton wants to bring back Reading Rainbow for kids everywhere.

One of the highest tiers is a chance to wear his Geordi visor.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Reading Rainbow was one of the many reasons I read books as a kid. I'm going to toss a few dollars to it for sure.

I wish I had $10,000 though.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

They've made over $100,000 in the last 40 minutes.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Waffleman_ posted:

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid, definitely going to support when I get home.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

This is really loving important. Freely available educational resources for poor schools are rare, let alone good ones, and the Reading Rainbow people know how to work with children.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Reading Rainbow already passed $400,000 of its $1,000,000 goal. :unsmith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This chucklefuck makes t-shirts with the Kickstarter's stats.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yancey/this-is-also-not-a-kickstarter-shirt?ref=thanks

He's already made more than 14,000 and has two hours to go. Plus this is his second time doing this. :smithicide:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

This chucklefuck makes t-shirts with the Kickstarter's stats.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yancey/this-is-also-not-a-kickstarter-shirt?ref=thanks

He's already made more than 14,000 and has two hours to go. Plus this is his second time doing this. :smithicide:

why would anyone want to own or wear this

i dont understand

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm helping kids and poor schools while getting an autographed picture of Geordi for myself.

This one rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I've flown literally thousands of times in my life.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.